mort4u
Artillery catcher
+5|6878|Munich, Germany

B.Schuss wrote:

Now, whenever I was on the team raping the shit out of the enemy at his uncap base, I tried to keep back and let the other kids bomb the uncap. Mostly, I would position myself at some road or the nearest flag and see if someone got past the rapers and tried to cap a flag. But that didn't happen a lot.

As soon as one team has been pushed back so far, the map will usually end quickly.
same as i do. i will see to it that they wont escape their base and wont be able to use their vehicles to much effect but im refusing to stand in the middle of that base and shoot ppl who just appear there. to boring and effortless imho.
ArmedPartisan
+3|6785
theres no such thing as spawn raping/camping.

if you think that there is, or that there needs to be a limit, you are a fucking worthless moron!
ChiefCrash
Spawns in front of rockets and bullets
+4|6782

ArmedPartisan wrote:

if you think that there is, or that there needs to be a limit, you are a fucking worthless moron!
There is such a thing as spawn raping.  And I don't think anyone will deny there's a thing called spawn camping.

And just like tank whoring, plane whoring, chopper whoring, c4 whoring, M203 whoring, and any other type of whoring you can think of, the question is not so much "do they exist?"  The question REALLY is "is it right?" or "should it be allowed?"

But, just to make sure I shoot your small, infantile comment down as much as possible, I present to you this:  You can not prove that something does NOT exist...

In this example, it is impossible for you to prove that spawn raping or spawn camping do not exist.  You can site examples of it not existing, but you can never prove that it doesn't exist.  While you're on one server demonstrating it not existing, it COULD be existing on another server.  And since you can only be on one server at a time, there is always the possibility it exists elsewhere.

Of course, your need to call anyone with an opinion a "fucking worthless moron" without a hint of evidence or substance to your claims is boggling.  This leads me to believe you may have had a traumatic experience involving a dark closet, one of your uncles, and some sort of pork product.  Or, perhaps, you may need to just get your balls out of your mom's purse, and stop acting like an idiot for all to see.  That’d be a good plan too...
twistedsphere
+0|6786

ChiefCrash wrote:

ArmedPartisan wrote:

There is such a thing as spawn raping.  And I don't think anyone will deny there's a thing called spawn camping.

And just like tank whoring, plane whoring, chopper whoring, c4 whoring, M203 whoring, and any other type of whoring you can think of, the question is not so much "do they exist?"  The question REALLY is "is it right?" or "should it be allowed?"

But, just to make sure I shoot your small, infantile comment down as much as possible, I present to you this:  You can not prove that something does NOT exist...

In this example, it is impossible for you to prove that spawn raping or spawn camping do not exist.  You can site examples of it not existing, but you can never prove that it doesn't exist.  While you're on one server demonstrating it not existing, it COULD be existing on another server.  And since you can only be on one server at a time, there is always the possibility it exists elsewhere.

Of course, your need to call anyone with an opinion a "fucking worthless moron" without a hint of evidence or substance to your claims is boggling.  This leads me to believe you may have had a traumatic experience involving a dark closet, one of your uncles, and some sort of pork product.  Or, perhaps, you may need to just get your balls out of your mom's purse, and stop acting like an idiot for all to see.  That’d be a good plan too...
HAHAHAHA FUCKING PWNED!!!

Ain't wise to belly up to the bar with nothing more than a cuss word and a bad attitude, boy. 'Ought to at least protect yourself with an "IMHO" next time.

IMHO: I'm with the original poster of this topic. If you're pinned down, you're fucking pinned down and it's up to you to think your way out of it. If you keep spawning with the engineer kit when I'm sitting on a hill above your head, I'm going to keep drilling you and your buddies with my G36C. If your strategy didn't work the first time, is it my fault that it didn't work the sixth time? Are yours and your buddy's infantile "FCKER A$$ B1TCH LET ME SPAWN A$$HOLE STAT WHORE!!!" pleas supposed to shame me into abandoning my superior tactic of just shooting you when you spawn with an MP5? They won't. You keep doing the same thing, and I'll keep proving how much better I am than you. Try a smoke grenade next time, you whiny putz.

Suppose we dropped your sorry ass in Iraq with an M4 and a canteen and watch you get pinned down by a family of Sunni's with AK-47's and rocks. Are you going to bitch them out over a megaphone about letting you get a fair chance at taking them out? Personally I think you're just going to eat a few bullets before you even figure out how fucked you are.

Don't presume tell me how to play, and don't think I won't do everything in my power to take your ass out. The point at which you refuse to act is the point where you'll be killed, end of story. Wipe your nose, start thinking, and take the bad guys out like a good little soldier. The server sets all the rules there are, FF:0 AutoBalance:1 GlobalUnlocks:0, and that's all you get. I wouldn't show my own brother mercy at his UCB, so I sure as hell won't waste any on you. Shut your mouth and deal, or get shot in the nuts while you type out your next insult.

Last edited by twistedsphere (2005-11-28 15:30:27)

armin
+0|6795| Bosnia & Herzegovina
LOL. That's how I got my 39 killstreak...
Fahrenheit
+0|6818
think i posted before about this whole whoring thing...its utter bullshit!! i will drive around in a tank or apc if one is available for the added protection, i will also respawn at a base far away to get a tank or apc or even a car and bring them into the action, but i will not kill someone to get one unless its the enemy that just sucks. I will even admit i have waited outside a cappable flag point in a tank taking out peeps cos i know if i go into it without backup im dead (some flags require u to leave the tank/apc to cap them, do that then the enemy has ur tank and the advantage of stopping backup. Its dammned annoying at times when u cant leave ur spawn point cos of constant straffing, arty etc but eventually someone gets out i know i have on a few occasions. And most peeps will change class to suit the needs of the team like spawning as an engy to fix assets! whether raping or whatever exists you all have the choice of joining a server with rules against it!!! and remember its just a game in real life as many have said you do whats needed to win.
[DRS]ChurchSt
+4|6778
I love "base rapping". I and I think you are right on most of your points. But this is not war, its a game. Iraq is a war. Dont disrespect our boys and girls dying, by calling this game war. Now back to base rapping.

pUBL1c_eN3Ma_No._1 wrote:

I wholeheartedly agree with the poster of this topic. This is war. Your job is to win at all costs (no dorks, I did not say cheat with your latest hack). Morality, ethics and scruples need to always take a distant second in the heat of battle or you will find yourself staring at the re-spawn screen more then your gunsights. Any junior level commander can tell you the effectiveness of cutting off the enemies supply line and mobility. If this translates to you as wreaking hell and havoc where the point of origin is, then consider yourself moderately adept in comprehending a basic law of survival on the battlefield. Second place is the first loser. You want to chat and yuk it up with your buddies, go to IRC. On my battlefield, be prepared to kill or be killed.

Last edited by [DRS]ChurchSt (2005-11-29 15:27:38)

Lawk
+2|6813
Was on a server the other night and discovered one of the easiest ways to establish a kick vote against yourself.        Was playing on Warlord in my tank as SAS and we captured all the flags execpt the West Palace.  In global chat I typed, "Ok, lets rape 'em!".  I couldn't even read the chat it was flying by so quick with everybody cussing and threatening me.  My squad was all for it, but the rest of the players tried to vote kick me for the rest of the round.  That was my best round on Warlord so far.  A 91, which I hope to beat tonight.
Blue
+0|6763
Ok Base raping is child's play, so you get on a team that is winning and then go off and base rape. Where the fun, wheres the skill. None and then it's boring and you go off and find a new game to play, so all you base rapers save your breath and just find a new game to play.

The game isn't real so get off the, thats what they do in real life horse. The main part of the game is to have fun and now you should add in fair play against your opponent. The fun in the game is to take the flags and hold them, not to stand there and blast away at players who pop up in front of you with no chance to fight back. But I suppose your closed narrow mind won't accept that concept, so we all have to put up with it.

By the way, I play at servers that promote fun and fair play, which means no base camping. Learning skill and how to outwit your opponent is much more enjoyable. But I have to say killing you base rapers is a lot of fun too.
dobbs
Pawtucket Patriot
+0|6790|Cohog, RI
I still dont get it, when you have capped all the enemy's flags and have nothing else to do you are supposed to just sit there and let them regroup???  F that!  Im going to pin their asses down at their uncappable base until the great national anthem plays and i get my damn gold medal.  Anyone else see it my way?  just wondering...
Lawk
+2|6813

Blue wrote:

The game isn't real so get off the, thats what they do in real life horse.
The game is real

Blue wrote:

The main part of the game is to have fun and now you should add in fair play against your opponent.
I am fair to no one but my team members and that is fun for me.

Blue wrote:

The fun in the game is to take the flags and hold them.
Yes, I agree.  I have fun doing this.

Blue wrote:

not to stand there and blast away at players who pop up in front of you with no chance to fight back.
Actually that is fun for me too.

Blue wrote:

But I suppose your closed narrow mind won't accept that concept, so we all have to put up with it.
I suppose.

Blue wrote:

But I have to say killing you base rapers is a lot of fun too.
So you do get a chance to fight back.  Well done.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6883|Bryan/College Station, TX
I can't believe this topic thread is still open. As if there is anything more to be added that hasn't already been said. Just amazed. Wow.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6880|Cologne, Germany

Blue wrote:

Ok Base raping is child's play, so you get on a team that is winning and then go off and base rape. Where the fun, wheres the skill. None and then it's boring and you go off and find a new game to play, so all you base rapers save your breath and just find a new game to play.

The game isn't real so get off the, thats what they do in real life horse. The main part of the game is to have fun and now you should add in fair play against your opponent. The fun in the game is to take the flags and hold them, not to stand there and blast away at players who pop up in front of you with no chance to fight back. But I suppose your closed narrow mind won't accept that concept, so we all have to put up with it.

By the way, I play at servers that promote fun and fair play, which means no base camping. Learning skill and how to outwit your opponent is much more enjoyable. But I have to say killing you base rapers is a lot of fun too.
well, what if all cappable flags are taken by your team, and the enemy has nothing but their uncap left. Are we supposed to sit back and let them regroup ? Hell no, I will blast away at everyone who is trying to leave that base. If your team plays so bad that you lose all cappable flags and get pushed back into your uncap, then you deserve to get you ass kicked badly.

that's simply the way the game works. You either win or lose. Sirlin calls this "playing to win", a  theory in gaming. I refer you to his article, which opened my eyes to that concept. http://www.sirlin.net/Features/feature_ … nPart0.htm

Please take the time to read it. It's a total of 5 pages or so.
B.Schuss

kilroy0097 wrote:

I can't believe this topic thread is still open. As if there is anything more to be added that hasn't already been said. Just amazed. Wow.
it is obviously an issue that is very dear to the community. rumors are that EA is going to do s.th. about spawn raping in the next patch, btw..

how is night shift coming along tonight ?
Blue
+0|6763

B.Schuss wrote:

Blue wrote:

well, what if all cappable flags are taken by your team, and the enemy has nothing but their uncap left. Are we supposed to sit back and let them regroup ? Hell no, I will blast away at everyone who is trying to leave that base. If your team plays so bad that you lose all cappable flags and get pushed back into your uncap, then you deserve to get you ass kicked badly.

that's simply the way the game works. You either win or lose. Sirlin calls this "playing to win", a  theory in gaming. I refer you to his article, which opened my eyes to that concept. [url]http://www.sirlin.net/Features/feature_PlaytoWinPart0.htm[/url]

Thats the difference, you said I shoot as they come out of the base, meaning your not in the base, but outside shooting in. The difference is being in the base and then taking out anything that spawns. Also we do not get to choose what side we are on and getting stuck with noobs who can't fight their way out of a wet paper bag is no fun, so I applaud you for sitting outside and at least giving the other side a chance to break out. Thats fun and fairplay and not base raping.
B.Schuss

*bows to blue* many thanks sir.

well, I guess it all depends on one's definition of "base raping" then. Personally, I would never enter an enemy uncap and blast away a those spawning ( by the wy, that is "spawn raping" in my book ). As long as I am not a Spec Ops trying to destroy enemy commander assets, I have no business running around in the enemy uncap. There is no flag to cap.

Then again, what distance from the uncap is acceptable ? Are you allowed to fire into the uncap from outside ?
Bomb it with helis/jets or send arty to it ? Is it best to wait a couple of hundreds of meters outside and let the enemy come at you ? Or would you open fire as soon as he passes the gates ?

Difficult to answer, really. The Game itself doesn't provide any rules here. Instead, every single one of us has a made-up set of rules that he/she follows when playing BF2. Some will say that as long as it is possible, it should be done ( "play to win" ), others will argue that such behaviour would not be "fair". Then again, fairness is not a concept that has proven successful much in war games, much less in real war.

again, see http://www.sirlin.net/Features/feature_ … nPart0.htm for details on that approach, especially part 1-3.
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6821

B.Schuss wrote:

Blue wrote:

that's simply the way the game works. You either win or lose. Sirlin calls this "playing to win", a  theory in gaming. I refer you to his article, which opened my eyes to that concept. http://www.sirlin.net/Features/feature_ … nPart0.htm

wow...great link.  very well argued.  basically to be a good player as opposed to a scrub, you must exploit every aspect of the game.  if you limit yourself to imaginary rules then you will never become a good player no matter how "skilled" you think you are.  thanks b.schuss...think i'll add this link to my original post on this subject...

Last edited by superfly_cox (2005-11-30 06:11:23)

sHaDy6
DEATH FROM ABOVE
+5|6768|USA
superfly_cox,
                        i didnt even read your whole post because its jerk offs like you that make this game suck. if you sit in a spawn with a tank and kill people b4 they even have a chance to move your just a scrub. how would you like it if you woke up in the mornig and someone was standing above you, waiting for you to open your eyes, then bang dead, no chance to defend your self. i know its just a game but come on have some balls and fight fair. it takes no skill to sit in a tank or hide in a corner where you know someone is gonna spawn and and takem out. and by the way. when a player spawns his body is "alive" b4 he can even move. i think its about 2-3 secs be4 you have control over him. anyway. go ahead and pad your stats with you easy kills.
jools
+-1|6848|a galaxy far, far away....
I only really whine about spawnkilling when:

- it's at the uncap base (no matter what you might say: spawnkilling uncap bases is fucking lame).
- it's clearly used as a means for stat-padding (and it IS, 99% of the times).

And about this
I don't care if its not fair!!!
of yours, I think it just speaks for itself clearly enough.
JordanSim
+0|6778
>> If your team plays so bad that you lose all cappable flags and get pushed back into your uncap, then you deserve to get you ass kicked badly. <<

Then why bother having an uncappable base?  If a team gets pushed back to their main, the base should simply be cappable so the damn game can end instead of making it a turkey shoot.

My solution in those situations is to not even bother spawning in since I will immediately die.  Why suffer the deaths to my stats when I have NO CHANCE of moving before I get a bullet

- Beatdown
JeeSqwat
Tactical Specialist
+41|6768|Canada
There are no rules to war peiod end of topic.
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6822|The Hague, Holland
Well the whole game is about FUN and if I can get a few laught by "base-raping" I certainly will do that.
But only if its fun in some sort of way *like if I am totally wasted or something*
I didnt pay good money to do something what I dont like.
sHaDy6
DEATH FROM ABOVE
+5|6768|USA

JeeSqwat wrote:

well jack ass it just shows how much you know. there are "rules" in war. a good one that i think fits this topic is:

you cant attack a hospital or medical facl'. i think that would be a spawn hmmmmmmmmmmmm........
jools
+-1|6848|a galaxy far, far away....

JeeSqwat wrote:

If that might apply to REAL war (not that it does: ever heard about the Geneva Convention?), it doesn't apply to games. Games are supposed to provide fun, and getting base-raped over and over is no fun.
mort4u
Artillery catcher
+5|6878|Munich, Germany

JeeSqwat wrote:

so if you are out of ammo you kill your comrade to obtain his ammo? or his chopper?

the more i read in this thread i come to the conclusion that the ppl that are for spawn/base raping are the ones taking this game (!!!) way to serious.
its a game so respect your fellow gamers and show some sportsman ship. nobodys saying you should let them out, i will keep them contained in their base for sure, but let them move and take a vehicle and maybe even a shot at you.

ps: how old are you? just curious.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard