hilltop_skater
Body Skater
+28|6654|Berra - Aus
I hate high graphics on bf2, even though i can run them i hate it. I love the game on low graphics i think it is more enjoyable for a sniper whore. anybody out there agree with me?
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6534|Singapore
you mean you can look further or you dont want to strain your computer?
hilltop_skater
Body Skater
+28|6654|Berra - Aus
Neither, I like the Low graphics for sniping more then the high graphics. i have a mad rig just i don't need all that power.
jdjoubert
+5|6515|South Africa Cape Town
wtf?
jdjoubert
yes I also have a  $ 500 000 Fararri. But I like to to drive it with a toyota badge on and I have cut the plug cords to halve of my supecharged engine.      WWWWW   TTTTTT    FFFFFF  Dude?
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6534|Singapore
first time i see a person who like low graphix o_O
Mabec
Re-Member-Me
+6|6839
Well, its easier to spot enimies if you have lower lightningeffects and such... iam sure you all know it by now.
EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6659
Hmph, I prefer the challenge. It's harder to spot the enemy, but it adds to the challenge. I don't like my game looking like arse when I have a system that allows it to run maxed out.

I mentioned this in an old thread a while back.

https://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~mccasey/bf2/screen112.jpg
Notice the guy? Look at the shadows etc, makes it hard to see him doesn't it? (everything is maxed out, max anti-aliasing, lighting etc)

Now contrast with...

https://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~mccasey/bf2/screen115.jpg
Notice how there are no shadows? If somebody were to hide there I would see them instantly. (same as above except lighting is set to low instead of high.

EDIT: And I do do fine a as a sniper with those settings, 105th (currently) in the world for the sniper rifle.

Last edited by EvilMonkeySlayer (2006-08-16 04:52:05)

Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6488|Purdue
What ever he's on, I don't want any of it
jord
+2,382|6685|The North, beyond the wall.
Yep i prefer running everything on low as well.
jdjoubert
Who wants to buy my new ferarri with engine cut in halve? anyone?
hilltop_skater
Body Skater
+28|6654|Berra - Aus
Praise the lord!!!!  people agree, nice screenies thats exactly wat i mean evil.
Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6488|Purdue

jdjoubert wrote:

Who wants to buy my new ferarri with engine cut in halve? anyone?
I do...not.
Ben>You
+90|6533
I totally agree. (And lol @ the ferrarri thing). I can run everything on high with AA x4 but i choose to have everything low with Geometry on high so I can see further. It's MUCH easier to spot enemies and the fps improves greatly. Plus, with 4 gigs of ram, I load into the map in like 30 seconds.
pers0nah
Waste Kid
+271|6589|MANCHESTERRR
i have a 1900xt and play on Low.

I prefer it.
hilltop_skater
Body Skater
+28|6654|Berra - Aus

Ben>You wrote:

I totally agree. (And lol @ the ferrarri thing). I can run everything on high with AA x4 but i choose to have everything low with Geometry on high so I can see further. It's MUCH easier to spot enemies and the fps improves greatly. Plus, with 4 gigs of ram, I load into the map in like 30 seconds.
Isn't 4 gb of ram a bit much? dosent it overclock? SHeez i only have 1 your 4 times faster lolz.
jdjoubert

hilltop_skater wrote:

Ben>You wrote:

Isn't 4 gb of ram a bit much? dosent it overclock? SHeez i only have 1 your 4 times faster lolz.
Me heard you say "I have a mad rig"     1 gig ram just makes the game work barely
jord
+2,382|6685|The North, beyond the wall.
I overclock my 512 pro ram to 6600!

Max it out with the nvidia 7600x pro and i got a sweet rig.

Just gotta get my new intel cpu12.
hilltop_skater
Body Skater
+28|6654|Berra - Aus

jdjoubert wrote:

hilltop_skater wrote:

Ben>You wrote:

Me heard you say "I have a mad rig"     1 gig ram just makes the game work barely
I thought it was mad

MY CHILD HOOD IS RUINED!!!!!
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6534|Singapore

hilltop_skater wrote:

Ben>You wrote:

more RAM doesnt mean it will go UBER speed...it only work to its max and the required speed for so-and-so amount of applications....from what i heard..
jdjoubert

hilltop_skater wrote:

jdjoubert wrote:

hilltop_skater wrote:

I thought it was mad

MY CHILD HOOD IS RUINED!!!!!
I also have only 1 gig ram. I was told 4 months ago it is better to have at least 2 gig ram.
Intheshadows
+5|6551
I run a 7900gt 256mb Ram 
clocks 615 core/1700 memory ( water cooling has been ordered, when it arrives I should be pushing 800 core/1800 memory )

I hate playing the game on High Textures or 4xAA everything looks cartoonish and horrible. With everything on high in a full 64man server I run average 95fps @1280X1024
Mabec
Re-Member-Me
+6|6839
You have a good CPU???

I get 50fps on a full 64 server with a 7900GT/A64 3000+ (1gb)
And sometimes lower, i need another gigabyte of RAM.

Last edited by Mabec (2006-08-16 05:27:40)

Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6556|UK

You need shot, I ran my game on low for a year because I had to, it took a deep physcological effect on me, all I could see was everything on low, and saw chinese dudes runing around with pkms slaughtering snipers..............................I like pie....

Lol seriously though, I think the shadows do have there pluses and negatives, makes the game look better, but yes you may miss someone once in a while since you cant see them.

How about you run on high except shadows, I find that the best, though to get the best fps atm with my system that still needs some more upgrading, medium I find is the best tbh.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6628|London, England
Lighting on medium/high helps if you have dynamic lighting on medium/high, when someone shoot's they are basically lightbulbs.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard