Defiance
+438|6711

xintegrityx wrote:

Defiance wrote:

People don't even respect the top 10. They think they have no lives and play BF2 24/7.
Well, you know...
Yes. But they had to be complete idiots about it, saying that Firestorm is 12 years old, or works as a postman.

People know for a fact that firestorm is a hell of alot older, and he works at home and I think makes a good living off of it.
aLi3nZ
+138|6546|New Zealand
Respect is earnt. Whore up a particular server(s) enough and I'm sure eventually you will have the respect of the other players that regularly whore the same server(s).

BigmacK wrote:

What makes a respectable player in my eyes:

Courteous, never whines, moans, calls out hack accusations, or spams chat.
Is a decent team player.
Is decent in combat.
Understands how to win.
Doesn’t whore vehicles/aircraft.
Agree with this also.

Edit: ROFL, btw you have nice stats for someone that doesn't bunny hop or dolphin dive.

https://img100.imageshack.us/img100/103/roflzy2.jpg

Last edited by aLi3nZ (2006-08-15 19:38:06)

DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6724|United States of America
I don't know why but I've just been always taught to be courteous to others. You gotta be a team player because this isn't a Deathmatch game. Sure, I've wanted to just be a blatant asshat yelling BS like some players do at times but there's something holding me back from that. A good, respectable player should have decent or excellent stats but be modest about them. Don't go "I have a 20:1 Aviator ratio, let me fly!!!" You also don't just nade all the time. The word I use to describe it best is 'honor'. Killing someone with one burst from a distance is neat whereas a C4 ram or type of suicide is a dishonorable kill. I think the best way is like your hunting. You want your trophy in one piece with as few holes as possible. You don't go around hiding a stick of dynamite in a bunch of food for a deer to eat.
I go through the game so that players will have a positive opinion of me, not labelled as a nubcake or any derogatory term of that nature.
Defiance
+438|6711

After playing a few rounds, there is a little respect in bf2.

The only people that have respect, or are even worth respecting (although, not for just this reason) say "gg" at the end of a round even if they lose.
Aardcore
+60|6753|USA, Arizona

aLi3nZ wrote:

Respect is earnt. Whore up a particular server(s) enough and I'm sure eventually you will have the respect of the other players that regularly whore the same server(s).

BigmacK wrote:

What makes a respectable player in my eyes:

Courteous, never whines, moans, calls out hack accusations, or spams chat.
Is a decent team player.
Is decent in combat.
Understands how to win.
Doesn’t whore vehicles/aircraft.
Agree with this also.

Edit: ROFL, btw you have nice stats for someone that doesn't bunny hop or dolphin dive.

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/103/roflzy2.jpg
Drop, scope and fire like a madman! Yeah, I'm pretty happy about my stats considering I don't repeatedly tap the spacebar in hopes to keep myself alive... ah... screenshotting where I am LOL, that was a GOOD server though! Was kind of misleading... cheerleaders... sexy... I thought about my ex-girlfriend for a minute and I oddly found myself joining the server in reminisce of that.

BUT ANYWAY.

Yeah I tend to believe I have a 'code of honor' in BF2, like if I'm getting shot at by a tank, I refuse to give the tanker the satisfaction that I'll be hopping around like some gazelle on the plains, instead, I'll run like a
warrior, DIE WITH MY BOOTS ON!

As for the server thing, I dunno, I can't seem to find myself to one particular one because that's just like playing Karkand over... and over again, because most of the maps on my favorites are just single 24/7 maps, no rotation and sometimes the servers are inactive with no one in them. Nowadays I find myself just updating the server list, organize the servers by ping and go for the lowest ones, with a decent amount of people in them, then PRAYING I don't get ban/kicked
Aardcore
+60|6753|USA, Arizona

DesertFox423 wrote:

I don't know why but I've just been always taught to be courteous to others. You gotta be a team player because this isn't a Deathmatch game. Sure, I've wanted to just be a blatant asshat yelling BS like some players do at times but there's something holding me back from that. A good, respectable player should have decent or excellent stats but be modest about them. Don't go "I have a 20:1 Aviator ratio, let me fly!!!" You also don't just nade all the time. The word I use to describe it best is 'honor'. Killing someone with one burst from a distance is neat whereas a C4 ram or type of suicide is a dishonorable kill. I think the best way is like your hunting. You want your trophy in one piece with as few holes as possible. You don't go around hiding a stick of dynamite in a bunch of food for a deer to eat.
I go through the game so that players will have a positive opinion of me, not labelled as a nubcake or any derogatory term of that nature.
Here, here!  Here's for good resembling for what I mean, especially the honor part which I believe so wholeheartedly in. I'm glad you guys came around to some kind of awareness of 'respectable players', maybe one day we'll meet in a server and show the opposition what's up.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6562

Aardcore wrote:

I never bunnyhop.
I STILL have no idea what dolphin diving is.
I suck (but try) with jets.
You'll barely next to never find me in a helicopter.
I only grab tanks when I know no one is using them only to help reinforce & capture flags necessary.
                                      FAIL
Aardcore
+60|6753|USA, Arizona
Cactusfist
Pusher of sausages Down Hallways
+26|6608
The one guy i'll remeber...

I commanded, using a mic. He was the ONLY one out of 31 people to speak to me. He even thanked me for a round of fantastic teamwork.

Whoever you are, thanks man.
[-CGZ-]BioRaveN
Don't make me toothpick you.
+31|6745|The beautiful hills of Sharqi
I don't even give respect to triggerhappy here...Why the FUCK would I give respect to anyone in bf2.
vanmani
Unintentionally Verbose
+26|6631|Australia

Spark wrote:

On the subject of server rules, I'd like to test your opinion of ours.

In a nutshell:

1. No abuse. Ever.
2. Don't spam mutiny/kick votes.
3. Don't TK or Force TK's. Doing either deliberately, well...
4. No exploiting, hacking, statpadding etc.
5. (and this is my favourite) Do NOT auto-punish. That means don't instantly punish when you're TK'd, think the situation out or wait if he says sorry.
6. Don't teamswap just to win.
7. Camping/spawncamping/uncap raping is allowed but discouraged. Capping-out is also discouraged. Note the use of the word 'discouraged' instead of 'not allowed' or 'forbidden'.

I like your rules.

As for the original poster: I respect teamwork and communication, and mad skill. I don't respect players who use exploits that make life very difficult, such as prone spamming. Bunny hopping doesn't worry me in the slightest, if a soldier wants to jump everywhere then that's fine with me. He'll get his own punishment in the form of less stamina and slower speed, so it's all good. I hate players who mouth off.
[-CGZ-]BioRaveN
I dont like the no abuse part.

Abuse makes online games SO FUCKING FUN
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6792|Toronto, ON
If no one respects me, I TK them.  I don't care if you are 3 star general, I'm gonna go solo in that chopper just because.
Alpha as fuck.
[-CGZ-]BioRaveN
HELL YES Nyte has the concept!

HIGH FIVE

FUCK THE OTHER PLAYERS

ITS ME ME ME ME ME
messfeeder
+31|6567|Gotham
There is no respect.  The majority of players these days are kids whose parents boght the game for them.  There is no respect in the game b/c there is no respect in real life either.  That's how people are.  It reminds me of the kids who live near me who play baseball in the middle of the street around all of the parked cars (We live right by a park, too).  They have no respect for anyone else's property.  The other day they pounded one of the windows on my house with a soccer ball.  The worst part is that the dad of these kids is out there most of the time when they are doing these things.  In fact, he was lighting fireworks in July and one of them shot into my dad's car and flew over the roof of my house and into the backyard.  The kids just learn from him.  And these are the same kind of people who play BF2.  There is no respect.
[-CGZ-]BioRaveN
Haha True....I mean im not immature or anything, but I do act it...I can mature up when I want to....I mean, I payed my 50 bucks, as well as my 50 bucks per month for my server, so I am going to have fun when I play it.
[RSN]FSK.nor
+16|6709
I respect a player when I am waiting for a veichle, and this player spots me and decides to take another veichle. Most players runs up to me and push E forever, but those few that let me have the veichle I am waiting for even if they want it themself. I do the same for other players as I think that is something that shows respect. Even if it is a game.
rootbeer73
+24|6625|in a small dark place

Spark wrote:

On the subject of server rules, I'd like to test your opinion of ours.

In a nutshell:

1. No abuse. Ever.
2. Don't spam mutiny/kick votes.
3. Don't TK or Force TK's. Doing either deliberately, well...
4. No exploiting, hacking, statpadding etc.
5. (and this is my favourite) Do NOT auto-punish. That means don't instantly punish when you're TK'd, think the situation out or wait if he says sorry.
6. Don't teamswap just to win.
7. Camping/spawncamping/uncap raping is allowed but discouraged. Capping-out is also discouraged. Note the use of the word 'discouraged' instead of 'not allowed' or 'forbidden'.

wow no voting how gay
ok i have a shit commander, lets let him do even shiter
no spawn camping, but no capping out? yeah that makes sense
Chao2
+8|6755|UK(stats says usa by mistake)
I guess I respect the players that actually show intelligence, getting a commander who actually responds to your requests is great. I was on Devils Prerch yesterday and kept the seals assets down for the entire game because the commander dropped me supplies when I requested them. If he did'nt I would have ran out of ammo and c4 long before the end of the round.
Aardcore
+60|6753|USA, Arizona

[RSN]FSK.nor wrote:

I respect a player when I am waiting for a veichle, and this player spots me and decides to take another veichle. Most players runs up to me and push E forever, but those few that let me have the veichle I am waiting for even if they want it themself. I do the same for other players as I think that is something that shows respect. Even if it is a game.
That's how I usually am with a helicopter, if another person shows up for it, I just let them take it. Anytime I get in a helicopter and see another dude there, I pretty much visualize him freaking out that I'm this 'noob' who took his chopper or whatever so I end up just taking a jeep to get where I am.
Aardcore
+60|6753|USA, Arizona

messfeeder wrote:

There is no respect.  The majority of players these days are kids whose parents boght the game for them.  There is no respect in the game b/c there is no respect in real life either.  That's how people are.  It reminds me of the kids who live near me who play baseball in the middle of the street around all of the parked cars (We live right by a park, too).  They have no respect for anyone else's property.  The other day they pounded one of the windows on my house with a soccer ball.  The worst part is that the dad of these kids is out there most of the time when they are doing these things.  In fact, he was lighting fireworks in July and one of them shot into my dad's car and flew over the roof of my house and into the backyard.  The kids just learn from him.  And these are the same kind of people who play BF2.  There is no respect.
But in real life you have kick ass admins called The Police. Don't you notify the authorities when crap like that happens? I mean they're there for a reason and that's to settle disputes like that, as for BF2, I guess there's only a select few that matter then, which you can count me as one of them I'll let you be sure.
AG3NT[FIN]
+24|6543

AllmightyOz wrote:

bf2 + respect = not solveable. DOES NOT COMPUTE!
its kinda like EA and making patches ... its the same, not solveable..
Aardcore
+60|6753|USA, Arizona

AG3NT[FIN] wrote:

AllmightyOz wrote:

bf2 + respect = not solveable. DOES NOT COMPUTE!
its kinda like EA and making patches ... its the same, not solveable..
And EA used to be such a dependable gaming company as far as I can remember. Man back in the day? SNES? Jungle Strike was the SHIT!
8ball
+1|6780
spark :

....genius +1
SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6861|Delaware
This is idealistic thinking. Nowadays you can't be nice to anyone or you risk being stepped on. As this is a game, you should play it so that YOU have fun, not so that others can have fun because of you.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard