JaMrulezass
+47|6466|Hong Kong
Since there are millions of post about the confusion of unlocks after buying SF, I am going to create a new thread to explain everything and I really hope this gets stickied.

Okay so understand one thing first, there are 2 tiers of unlocks:

Tier One consists of:
Spec Ops: G-36C
Sniper: M95
Assault: G3
Support: PKM
Enginer: MK3a1 'Jackhammer'
Medic: L85a1
Anti-Tank: DAO-12

All These are unlock-ABLE- upon purchase of BF2 and once you have the correct ranks. For rank info:http://ubar.bf2s.com/ranks.php

Tier Two Consists of:
Spec Ops: Scar-L
Sniper: L96a1
Assault: F200 w/ GL
Support: MG36
Enginer: MP7
Medic: G36E
Anti-Tank: P90

All These are unlock-ABLE- upon purchase of BF2: Special Forces and once you have the correct ranks.

Thing is, since if you have bought BF2:SF, you will have an extra seven weapons to unlock and have an overall weapon advantage over those who dont have SF.

Okay now, Lets just say you have installed SF and have just reached the first unlock rank, Lance Corporal:

Why do I have 2 weapon unlocks whereas I should have 1 per rank?

This is because if you have 'Proven' you have SF and will now recieve 2 unlocks per rank and not 1 unlock per rank.

I have unlocked the M95 but then I want to unlock the SCAR-L but the weapon is not there is my unlocking menu!

This is because you have to unlock the tier 1 gun for the kit before you unlock the Tier-2 gun for THAT kit. So if you have unlocked the M95, you may unlock the L96a1. But if you want to unlock the SCAR-L for specops, you must unlock the G36C FIRST for spec-ops.

Lets go to another scenario:
I am at Staff Sergeant and already have 4 unlocks. I have just installed SF, i played a couple rounds to 'Prove' I have SF and when i log into Vanilla (Basic BF2) it suddenly gave me another 4 unlocks and i have done nothing and didnt get promoted haha!

This is because you have just installed SF. You should have got 4 x 2 unlocks per rank if you installed SF from the beggining, but since you installed it half way through playing your game, it kind of counts back the unlocks you missed.

Another scenario:
I have vanilla but not SF. I have unlocked all my 7 weapons because I'm 2nd Luteinant, but when I got promoted to it, I cant unlock any more and I want to get the 1337 F200!

You dont get anymore unlocks after Sargeant major at 50,000 points. You will need to buy SF in order to get the F200 and all the other guns. When you log back into Vanilla and have proved you have SF, you will recieve all the other 7 unlocks that you have missed.

So, how can I prove that I have SF?

There are 2 ways to 'prove'. One of course if that you buy the Actual game, SF and play a couple rounds on a RANKED SERVER and so your points count.

The other way to 'prove' is to have a friend of yours who has SF HELP YOU log into your account and play a couple rounds for you, obviously, it dosent mean you Own the game, but you will be able to unlock the Tier-2 guns and plus have 2unlocks per rank.

Okay, I hope this sums it all up, and I am a new member.

But on a more personal basis: What should be the order that I unlock my guns:

If you only have vanilla, I recommend:
Assault unlock
Spec-Ops unlock
Medic unlock
Support unlock
Sniper unlock
Anti Tank unlock
Engineer unlock

If you have vanilla and SF:
Assault T1 unlock
Support T1 unlock

Assault T2 unlock
Spec Ops T1 unlock

Medic T1 unlock
Medic T2 unlock

Sniper T1 unlock
Sniper T2 unlock

Anti Tank T1 unlock
Anti Tank T2 unlock

Engineer T1 unlock
Support T2 unlock

and Spec Ops T2 unlock
Engineer T2 unlock

*EDIT*
Why cant I use any of my unlocked tier 2 weapons in SF?

Its like that, Tier 2 weapons are not allowed in SF, you may only switch to your Tier 1 and Stock weapons, although some teams have Tier 2 guns as thier stock. E.g. F200 for SAS Assault class

I want to use the RPG in vanilla!

You cant, there are some SF-only weapons which are the teams stock weapons.

Can I use tear gas and grappling hook etc. special forces equipment in vanilla?

You cant, although the only thing is the flashbang, unlock the assault tier 2 gun, the F200 comes with the Flashbang. It is the only SF equipment that can be used in vanilla. The rest such as the grappling hook and zip line are SF ONLY.

ChaosDragon001: I'm just wondering.. if a friend unlocked your guns for you, don't you need the xpack files themselves to use them? Just something that's been in my mind since I heard about the friend unlocking thingy.

Nope, the 1.1 patch basically made SF equipment (Tier 2 guns) usable in Vanilla. So that non-SF users can load the gun and pick it up and know what it is, the xpack files let you play SF itself and the maps such as Warlord etc.

Last edited by JaMrulezass (2006-08-16 00:05:06)

Defiance
+438|6672

Cool.
chaosdragon001
Whee
+53|6510|Los Angeles, California
I'm just wondering.. if a friend unlocked your guns for you, don't you need the xpack files themselves to use them? Just something that's been in my mind since I heard about the friend unlocking thingy.
JaMrulezass
+47|6466|Hong Kong
All questions will be answered in the original post.
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6758|Hell, p.o box 666

Good post JAMrulezass.

/moved to BF2 Help

FYI: useless spam, thread derailing and other worthless stuff will be deleted!
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6683|Disaster Free Zone

chaosdragon001 wrote:

I'm just wondering.. if a friend unlocked your guns for you, don't you need the xpack files themselves to use them? Just something that's been in my mind since I heard about the friend unlocking thingy.
no the code for the guns is in vanilla you just cant access it without playing ONE round of SF's.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pid=295747#p295747
This post explains what guns you can use and when.

To the original posters order of unlocks. Unlock weapons for what class you like or are likly to play. Most people think the DAO-12, G36E, G36C, PKM, L96A1 are the 5 best unlocks. but everything is personal preference for guns. Remember they are not an upgrade, just an alternative.

Last edited by DrunkFace (2006-08-16 00:20:29)

JaMrulezass
+47|6466|Hong Kong
Ressurecting THIS THREAD! can it be stickied or featured posts since so many people ask about this thing?
majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6664|under there hayousaidunderwear

JaMrulezass wrote:

Ressurecting THIS THREAD! can it be stickied or featured posts since so many people ask about this thing?
No.
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6529|Belgium

very nice thread, but I thought it was f2000 instead of f200, you wrote it twice or three times. Other than that, good job!
AAFCptKabbom
+127|6660|WPB, FL. USA
I lost you after "millions of posts"   

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard