JdeFalconr
Lex Luthor, King of Australia
+72|6543|Sammamish, WA

-MIKI3. wrote:

· Transport Helicopters – Increased the armor of all transport helicopters
Oh crap...does this mean the Black Hawk got more armor? That thing is already a tank! It definitely does NOT need more armor.
oldgoat
Alcohol & calculus don't mix. Never drink & derive
+5|6518
finally after 4 patches they get rid of red/blue tag bug. but c4 dropping instead of throwing s gonna suck
LT.Victim
+1,175|6564|British Columbia, Canada

JdeFalconr wrote:

-MIKI3. wrote:

· Transport Helicopters – Increased the armor of all transport helicopters
Oh crap...does this mean the Black Hawk got more armor? That thing is already a tank! It definitely does NOT need more armor.
Have you flown in a Blackhawk when a J-10s on your Ass...

I guess not.. or you wouldn't be complaining..
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6592|Your attic
Ok, I like all the stability stuff, the removal of cartillery the removal of wall glitches, but other than that, this is a very mediocre list of changes.

Removing the no kit "bug".... Has anyone here ever actually complained about that? Has anyone ever said, oh noes, my kit is gone!! No they haven't, now compare that to the amount of people that talk about the fact that the J-10 is vastly overpowered against the F-35 and, 8/10 times, all the other jets, so great, a "bug" that quite a few people do for a laugh but only occurs one in 100,000 times in an actual game has been removed where as something that happens to alot of people very often doesn't get fixed??

Increasing the armour of all the transport choppers?? Whats the point, they have no way of defending themselves and even with there new fangled armour any idiot could take one down in a (still unstoppable) J-10. I've been playing abit of 1.12 recently, there the miniguns on the BH actually work (I still feel sorry for the skycow, but still, better then nothing) the F-35 didn't instantly implode when any other jet came near, how can they take something that works perfectly well at fuck it up??

I love this game, I play it far more then any other game, yet somedays I wonder why..

Roll on 2142, hopefully the people at Dice Sweeden can do a better job

Last edited by Towelly (2006-08-15 19:07:13)

Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6634|USA
YESSS>.... mor armor for choopppppppaaaaaaaaaaaas
Scr0k
A clown killed my dad
+47|6516|Alabama
No name changes or ranking changes? Oh well, better luck next time. When does 1.5 come out? I'm looking forward to it.
yuckfou09
hide your terrorists ^,^
+94|6678|Ft. Drum, NY
ea/dice=fail
noscci
+0|6489|Louisiana
"...as well as introduced more ranked content for players to enjoy."

What is this new ranked content?
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6767|Cambridge (UK)

noscci wrote:

"...as well as introduced more ranked content for players to enjoy."

What is this new ranked content?
"Road to Jalalabaad"
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6679|Middle of nowhere
if this patch actually works like they say it does, then it will be SWEET!

all you people complaining don't know how to adapt.

You complain about the J-10-F-35 thing?  Are you guys dumb?  I have less than 3 hrs in a jet and i can avoid getting killed by a J-10 for an entire round... WTF?
BADHEAD
+6|6499|Oblivion
They made no mention of the removal of cartillary. Just the fact you can not put them on buildings.
Would it have been so hard to make it by Squad leader request only???
pwned7
+53|6580
so when is it actually coming out now??? 1 day? a month?
gameaddict
+35|6681|let op drempels

genius_man16 wrote:

mmmm yes but when are the ppl bitching about c4,bunnyhop,dolphin diving and all the other stuff going to adapt i adapted every time and i will do it with this patch also but ffs how much do you need to nerf i mean c4 had been nerfed enough dolphin diving wasnt possible if you didnt pressed crouched right after you went prone but they still slowed it down even more

Last edited by gameaddict (2006-08-15 20:46:30)

Rothaus
+2|6549

genius_man16 wrote:

You complain about the J-10-F-35 thing?  Are you guys dumb?  I have less than 3 hrs in a jet and i can avoid getting killed by a J-10 for an entire round... WTF?
lol noob. you'd last 1 sortie vs anyone with even a modest amount of skill in your f-35.
you have less than 3 hours, that's NOTHING, many people have hundreds of hours and would gladly ream you and your f35.
LoonykStephane
+34|6538|Kingston,Ontario,Canada
good thing...I still waiting for 1.9 or 2.5 (haha)
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6538|Search Whore killing fields

Rothaus wrote:

genius_man16 wrote:

lol noob. you'd last 1 sortie vs anyone with even a modest amount of skill in your f-35.
you have less than 3 hours, that's NOTHING, many people have hundreds of hours and would gladly ream you and your f35.
http://www.bf2s.com/player/57821913/

^he owns the f35. Hes even my worst enemy
Redback00
+51|6575
My two cents for what it's worth...and no I can't substantiate any of it, it's just a thought...

This will be the last release for BF2.

Why? Here's my reasoning.

1. In the software industry, crashes are BAD, plain and simple; especially the amount of crashes being experienced. If this had happened with the earlier releases, a hotfix would have come out shortly after because they have the resources to do the work; I believe this happened after 1.2 to 1.21. The product is 1+ years old now and a new product is on the way; 2142, where more and more resources are focusing their time.

2. The delay of the release. Dice don't want to have to spend any further time on this and will shift all their focus on 2142 after this release; isn't 2142 releasing a beta soon?

3. New map. Dice's swan song to the game, and to make the paying customers, us, happy. We get something for free this time unlike SF, AF and EF.

4. Infantry only. Effectively doubling the number of maps...Again, Dice's swan song to the game.

5. No vehicle changes, other than the flying cow which was done to support infantry only on maps like Wake to get guys off the carrier. They need to make it relatively easy to get to the main land to keep the map competitive. Any other vehicle changes would have meant allot more testing and allot more risk, both disastrous for the small development team remaining.

This is all just speculation but something to consider.
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6643|can
· Introduced a delay from proning to standing to help reduce exploiting

NOOO WHY???!?!
diglow~Flow
+32|6628|British Columbia, Canada
The only thing thats gonna suck about Patch 1.4 is this...

Community Update - 8/15/06

Greetings Everyone, As many of you are now aware we have made the choice to take some extra time with the 1.4 patch before release.

During our standard final processing of the 1.4 client update we came across an issue that, although it does not compromise stability, we felt needed to be addressed in order to meet our goal of improving the overall player experience with Battlefield 2.

It has come to our attention that a beta version of the 1.4 client has leaked to the general public. It should be noted by players that this file is not final and being such could cause damage to players systems.

We want to warn players to avoid the use of any client files that are not distributed by EA/DICE or one of our trusted partners. Once we have set a new schedule for release we will communicate this information to everyone.
We cannot play Mods now for bf2 as they are not EA/Dice's creation..

Last edited by diglow~Flow (2006-08-15 22:15:45)

Knifey McStabstab
Don't lock my topic!
+32|6510|Indiana
They nerfed the C4 again? I was just starting to get into spec ops too.
[AD]will_young[G36E]
spreader of the herpies
+33|6531|Down under, melbourne
IDIOTS!!!
why IS THER NOTHING ABOUT THE TEAMSWITCH BUG??? YOU KNOW THE ONE WER IF A SERVER HAS AUTO TEAMSWITCH AFTER EVERY ROUND YOU GET STUCK IN A SQUAD?

grrrr they could have fixed so much more stuff
Eboreus
Member of Foamy's Card Cult
+46|6649
ahh come on guys.. we all will adapt sooner or later to those changes and the bitching and moaning will pass as usual.

the good thing (if this patch works) is that we will actually have a chance to adapt because the game wont crash anymore. recently I almost stopped playing (only once every 2 weeks) because the client and the servers crashed all the time anyway. so if they fixed that - hooray for the patch!
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6528|Belgium

seems pretty oke actually, I like how the transport choppers are stronger again.

If these things are all TRUE and no server crashes, I'll be a happy man. But somehow I want to see it first
hordi74
+16|6466|Capital City of Nds, Germany
transport choppers ftw!
88mm
+8|6807
Great that choppers and cars get a little more armor...

Look forward to the new map...I am sure it's good

...and fixed the more obvious bugs .... LOL

https://www.bf2player.com/sig/45820894-3959.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard