chittydog
less busy
+586|6805|Kubra, Damn it!

I have the same complaints about pilots as most of you, but recently my normal pilot left for COD2 and I've been flying flying more than gunning. Here's what I've discovered: It's harder to find a decent gunner than it is to find a decent pilot. I hate flying with gunners now because 90% of them never shoot at anything. Or they use the puny cannon on tanks & waste the TVG on infantry. It's so frustrating lining someone up for an easy shot on a Linebacker who's trying to kill us, then being blown to pieces cuz my gunner's too busy trying to shoot the birds that just flew out of the trees. I've switched to mostly ground pounding now cuz it's just too irritating. You don't have to be the world's greatest, just kill the bad guys BEFORE trying to blow up all of the red barrels!
duffmancometh
+5|6459|Boca Raton, FL
great topic.  how much do you hate getting into a gunners seat and having the pilot refuse to take off or hangs you out of bounds because the retard would rather solo then take the chance you can gun.  still worse is getting in with a noob gunner and having him totally suck.  I'd rather gun but there are so few good pilots that I've become a solo tv artist.  i get around the problem by just playing with friends that I know can fly.
TheEvilCubivore
+1|6557
Helicopters bring out the worst in people

I wish they would add lag on getting in and out of vehicles and switching seats.

The hanging out of bounds thing is just funny really, cause then you just hop out and move on, then you watch them get shot down by ATs, gee its a good thing you soloed it/brought your "perfect" gunner

Now, I can't gun for my life...well maybe I can, I never tried really... but even I know about TV missiles, I've hopped in gunner seats to defend bases before.
vanmani
Unintentionally Verbose
+26|6561|Australia
Gunning is easy.
Flying is easy.

..Once you've had 20 hours practice.

So do you really expect to have good pilots/gunners every time?
Do as I do, only fly with clanmates.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6491|Austin, Texas
If any gunners/pilots want a decent co-pilot... I'm there.

....As long as I don't have to pilot the Havok.

Xfire: MadKatter. Add me.
Gamedood
+0|6560
im a decent gunner and i know the importance of having a good pilot. what good is it being a good gunner if your pilot flys into trees or into the ocean because they cant fly?
Chao2
+8|6685|UK(stats says usa by mistake)
I know a few pilots from my css clan so I just get in the helicopters when I have them on. It's much easier to be able to tell my pilot over vent exactly where that enemy heli is or something else thats dangerous.
drake666
when Hell is full...
+184|6680|austria
https://www.tek-clanbase.de/tekv4/design/gallery/1144256450.JPG

most pilots fly 4 themselve not 4 the gunner! :>  (i dont count to them ^^)
https://team-ex.de/imagehosting/daten/1323768139_m98b.png
Usque Ad Finem
JahManRed
wank
+646|6598|IRELAND

JaMDuDe wrote:

I get in the pilot seat when the chopper spawns, kill the gunner and do both so i dont have to worry about if they are good or not.
Think that says it all about you JaMDuDe. Childish.
Kusunagi
+59|6707|The land of Hookers and pod
I think if u can shoot on sharqi with the mec chopper, then that doesn't mean you are a great gunner, try to survive on maps like Dalian and Daqing, full of planes and AA's, that's alot harder than raping the tv station as an example.
-MIKI3.
+70|6613|The Netherlands

JaMDuDe wrote:

I get in the pilot seat when the chopper spawns, kill the gunner and do both so i dont have to worry about if they are good or not.
ppl like you can ruin a good game...fortunately I'm admin on my own server so don't have to worry about fagots like you.
drake666
when Hell is full...
+184|6680|austria
cannot agree to kusunagi!
sure its harder on maps with AA vehicle but sharqui has enough stationary AA! for US its even harder because the enemy AA can reach to the helopad while starting! it depends on the server u play n4p server= MI ownage/ good server (more captains and majors) hard to get gold!

hardest map 4 helo is still daqing oilfields in my mind!
https://team-ex.de/imagehosting/daten/1323768139_m98b.png
Usque Ad Finem
alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6643|Houston, Texas
I suck at gunner. I'm an excellent pilot though. My clanmates alawys want me to fly since they end up getting mad points. They need Kills IAR for a badge/medal? They come to me everytime lol. But tv bombs? Forget it I suck. Get me a gunner who's on point, and he'll deffinetly have an awesome k/d ratio.
alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6643|Houston, Texas

TeK||drake666 wrote:

http://www.tek-clanbase.de/tekv4/design … 256450.JPG

most pilots fly 4 themselve not 4 the gunner! :>  (i dont count to them ^^)
man you guys did some mad tv station rapage.
Jenkinsbball
Banned
+149|6518|USA bitches!
Gunner, I'm the shit. I can hit any and everything, unless I come up against a bad ass pilot that knows how to evade well. Other than that, I get an easy 30+ kills a round if I have a good pilot.

Piloting, I'm good. I can line up and track targets. My only real problem while flying is making super sharp turns left or right. And, sometimes I get overzealous and go after a lone soldier and end up crashing.
Emil
Teh strogg!
+205|6449|Trondheim, Norway
i suck at gunning, but i'm a good pilot so if there's some good gunners out there want to play add me on xfire, it isn't so often u find a good gunner either...
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6519|UK

Play on the single player and let the computer fly for you, it equates to probably thee worst pilot you will come across in an online game.  Out of my +200 in the heli, I would say 150 of it was flying, and I am not modest, I'm just amazing as pilot, smooth and steady flying, with quick evasion as it is needed is what you gota do my friends.  As gunner, I couldnt agree more, can count the number of good pilots Iv had with one hand, really frustrating.  What most pilots dont understand is, it is the gunner who is the one who earns the most points, all the time I see pilots firing off all there missiles trying to get a lucky shot, you may get lucky but really, if your pilot.  Make your gunners role as easy for him as possible, he may have double your score but hey, he got the seat and you didnt.  The other day I was going for a chopper, another guy was waiting, it spawned and he held back, he obviously wanted the gunners seat, atm my joystick is broken so I quicky switched to gunner.  Eventually he descided to just fly me around, but wasnt for setting me up, as soon as we died he said

'That will teach ya Fubar'

:S, honestly, pilots role is to make gunners job as easy and efficent as possible, thats how you both get maximum points, but from my experience 90% dont have a clue about that.  All this low level flying, under bridges, back flips, who are u impressing?  Chances are any stunt you can do we've seen it or can do just as well if not better.

Honestly though, I do think its the pilot's who are the worst, just dont understand what there role is.

But for any of you who suck at it, go play single player, the computer is about the worst gunner/pilot you will come across, put some practise in there and you should be doing well no matter who you are stuck with.

Good luck
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6713|Reality

MastersMom wrote:

Ok first off, to qualify this for the complaint forum, is it just me (God I hope not) or are there other gunners out there that just can't seem to find a decent chopper pilot to save your life.  Now, I can fly if I have to, and occasionally I can even get missles on target.  But I am a far better gunner than I am a pilot so if there is an empty seat I prefer the gunner seat but will take either one.

But over the past two weeks or so it seems like the only people I find can't shoot or fly...but especially can't fly.  They either don't seem to know that the gunner can use tv missles...cause they never line up for a shot, or they flat out can keep the damn thing steady.  So maybe then I'll fly, and it seems like my suspisions are confirmed when I sit with armor or another chopper lined up for like five minutes and all they do is lay into it with the damn guns.

Anyway, the main reason I'm posting this is to find out what kind of gunners we have out there.  On average, how often do you guys hit your targets?  For me I hit armor on probably 9 out of 10 shots...assuming they don't get behind cover.  Meaning that 1 out of 10 times I just flat out miss cause I'm an idiot...or my pilot is.  Chopper to chopper is way iffy though.  It all depends on the day.  On good days I can hit 4 out of 5 shots on choppers...but other days it seems like I couldn't hit a chopper to save my life...literally.  But I have to admitt, usually when I miss armor...and a bunch of times when I miss choppers I'm inclined to blame the pilot.  Not just to sluff off the blame, but because sometimes they move right at the last second, and throw off my aim and I can't correct fast enough.  Other times it looks like the missle passes right through the target and I get nothing.

Anyway, sorry for making a book out of this, but give me some feedback.  Thanks.
Are you joining their squad so you can communicate over VOIP?
Most people jumping into the choppers are not from the same squad.

Communication is ESSENTIAL for a good chopper team. VERBAL communication. Typing and commo-rose don't really cut it. I am as guilting as the next for not communicating but I also play on foreign language servers a lot.

A lot of times the pilot is lining you up for a shot you didn't see.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
PuN!sHer
+18|6529
My flying is pretty good and i can also hit 4 out of 5 tanks...but my problem is to hit a enemy chopper (attack chopper) ...i just hit 1 out of 8 or something like this. Any tips for me?

Last edited by PuN!sHer (2006-08-15 08:18:39)

=LZR= David_Leonard
+5|6436
Ok it's all good saying just fly with mates and people you can count on, but doing it is another thing. Once a loser is in your gunner seat it's kind of hard to convince him to leave. On one occasion though, my PC was lagging up something shocking (about a frame per second) and I was a gunner, then the pilot typed, 'GET OUT OF MY CHOPPER' and my PC reset. Wierd. Hacker? Bung PC? 1.3?
Brasso
+1,549|6600

=LZR= David_Leonard wrote:

Ok it's all good saying just fly with mates and people you can count on, but doing it is another thing. Once a loser is in your gunner seat it's kind of hard to convince him to leave. On one occasion though, my PC was lagging up something shocking (about a frame per second) and I was a gunner, then the pilot typed, 'GET OUT OF MY CHOPPER' and my PC reset. Wierd. Hacker? Bung PC? 1.3?
rofl h4x0r!
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Toonces7
+11|6544|Iowa
Dude, I love flying the helos and i can't find a competant gunner.  I usually end up explaining to the gunner that when I hover for 10 seconds and put the tank in the middle of his screen to actually use the TV MISSLE!  Most of the time they just sit there looking for footies to shoot when they should be looking straight ahead for the armor i line up for them...
Jenkinsbball
Banned
+149|6518|USA bitches!

PuN!sHer wrote:

My flying is pretty good and i can also hit 4 out of 5 tanks...but my problem is to hit a enemy chopper (attack chopper) ...i just hit 1 out of 8 or something like this. Any tips for me?
To hit enemy choppers, you just need to keep them centered in your view after shooting. Be ready to break your mouse by left clicking ultra-rapidly to follow them if they veer off quickly. There aren't any real tips I can think of other than that. Also, try and hit their tail, as shooting at the body will cause the missile to travel through him due to lag... or bad programming, whichever it is today.
Chao2
+8|6685|UK(stats says usa by mistake)
Its true you usually get someone trying to get in the chopper with you and your mate. Sometimes they jump out but its rare. Think I've only seen people jump out three times and that includes me =p
Jejjk
My "Page Up" has never been used.
+40|6577|Sweden

Chao2 wrote:

Its true you usually get someone trying to get in the chopper with you and your mate. Sometimes they jump out but its rare. Think I've only seen people jump out three times and that includes me =p
Its easier to convince a random gunner/pilot to "Hop Out!" if you have the same clan tag as the one standing in front of the helipad, aiming with the M95...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard