{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6589|Florida
After much, MUCH thinking and losing sleep over thinking about it.  If infact I do enlist, Im leaning towards the Air Force, with my MOS being Security Forces.  I am going to call a recruiter Monday, and talk to them to see what I can find out.  Weighing the pros and cons of it, the pros probably are a bigger stack than the cons.  This is what Im leaning towards, I just have to see what I can find out.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6776|Dallas

{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank wrote:

After much, MUCH thinking and losing sleep over thinking about it.  If infact I do enlist, Im leaning towards the Air Force, with my MOS being Security Forces.  I am going to call a recruiter Monday, and talk to them to see what I can find out.  Weighing the pros and cons of it, the pros probably are a bigger stack than the cons.  This is what Im leaning towards, I just have to see what I can find out.
USAF is definitely the best choice.  It's like a big fraternity instead of a boot camp all the time.  It's great.  I was in for 4 years and I liked it.  It did have its shitty moments though.  Also, I was a SF augmentee.......it sucked.  Cops have to do all the shitty things on base no one else will do, like mock up search and recovery exercises, where you go pick up little pieces of dead cows from big lots in 104 degree weather.  Also their hours suck and come to think of it, I don't think they get much of a bonus either.

Go 3C0X1 bro.  Communications Computer Systems Operator.  Or 3C2X1, Networking. 

You can make bank on the outside with the training and free college you get while your in.  It's what I did.
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6589|Florida
Thanks for the input Cougar, and Ive actually been putting alot of thought into it and I am going to go USAF.  I went to talk to a recruiter today and he was taking information to see if I was qualiftied to enlist, and I am, except my doctor put me on zoloft back at the end of May for stress related reasons.  Im going to talk to my doctor tomorrow to see if I can get his consent saying Im ok to enlist and that there really isnt anything wrong with me.  Considering Ive been actually weening myself off the meds because at a 50mg dose daily I was kind of a zombie and pretty lathargic, which seemed kind of to throw me out far from reality.  My doctor is a former Marine that served in Vietnam, so Im hoping once he finds out Im enlisting to the AF, he will try help get me in.  Recruiters told me to just get all the info on why I was on the med, etc, get copies of all the information from the docs office and tell them its info for military medical review for enlistment.  Hope all goes well, and Im able to get in.  I would hate to be disqualified because of a silly med.
ResDog1
+51|6776|Netherlands
Actually Tank,

Zoloft a.k.a Besitran is a very mild anti-depressant.
Doctors subscribe it all the time to get patients through bad times (had it myself when I was in a legal battle with one of my former employers).

Don't worry about it... as long as your doctor stated it was to get to through a very hard time in your life and you were on a minimal dose you're in the clear.

If he states that you were swallowing them like jelly beans and were totally off the chart, you're pretty screwed.

He needs to establish that you are not some kind of maniac that will go postal in a drop of a hat.

So you do not want to be a flyboy in a chopper?
Of a tank commander?

greetz....
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6589|Florida
Well Res, I went today, talked to my doctor and told him what I was wanting, but the med was disqualifying me.  He wrote out that I had been on a low doseage therapy treatment and that I will be off the med by Aug. 25, and it will be out of my system by 9/17 and that I would be ok to enlist.  Well, the recruiter told me the "textbook answer" is that I have to be off the med for a year before enlisting...then I have to take a psych evaluation to make sure Im ok and there is still a chance they wouldnt allow me to proceed....but Im not gonna go crazy and annhialate my whole basic class when we are learning the rifle on the range and I feel like thats what they are making it out to be.  I know they are protecting their own ass really.  It just sucks because its like the 1 kid in class who ruined the field trip for everyone, some people went nuts, killed themselves and happened to be on that med, and now anyone on it cant join up.  I think Im gonna wait til its out of my system, then go back to a different recruiter and not mention that I was on it, because if they ask if I am taking any meds, I can say no without lying.....Im pretty bummed, but not much I can do about it right now.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard