cmdwedge
More TK's than you can poke a stick at
+5|6820|Canberra, Australia
Hmm but if you're playing for say, a 4 hour stretch, and switch sides on the first round (realising that your team is a bunch of CS idiots TKing like mad), then most of the time (80%) that same team will win over and over again. Just because you changed maps, doesn't suddenly make your team shit.

It's not like I needed to swap every round. It was really rare, actually. And as I said, good team + 16 player = rapid advancement of win/loss.
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6791

cmdwedge wrote:

Hmm but if you're playing for say, a 4 hour stretch, and switch sides on the first round (realising that your team is a bunch of CS idiots TKing like mad), then most of the time (80%) that same team will win over and over again. Just because you changed maps, doesn't suddenly make your team shit.

It's not like I needed to swap every round. It was really rare, actually. And as I said, good team + 16 player = rapid advancement of win/loss.
realistically, there are only two ways to get college war ribbon.

1) switch sides (95% of cases)
2) constantly play with your clan members on the same team (5% of cases)

if you just stick to the squad which you are assigned, which i unfortunately do, you can't get this ribbon.  nobody is good enough to guarantee a 3:1 win ratio through skill alone...and i mean nobody.  if you want to see a player with incredible skills check out rakasan: http://bf2s.com/player/rakasan/ (look at his infantry stats if you're not convinced).  best he could do was 2:1!  sorry

the worst college ribbon whore is|cypher00fus (http://bf2s.com/player/%20%09|cypher00fus/).  do a search on this site if you want to find out how he does it...

sorry wedge but i'm not impressed by your side switching proficiency.
Deedubya
+-2|6812|The Seventh Circle of Hell
Sorry, not impressed by your Rakasan example, superfly. He's a Karkand/Spec Ops/Armor whore. Whoopty-doo. If I played Karkand day in and day out, I'd rename it Counterstrike. And as far as side-switching goes, whatever to further your own progression. It's not a bad thing, really.
chitlin
Banned
+36|6772
man good eye spotting me misstyping and missing the r in fruit ..man how humiliating ..shit it invalidates everything i said ..wow youre too good man i gotta give it to ya.......

aaanyhow yeah youre a total  F R U I T to play so faggot like to attain a stupid ribbon .. you join severs without autobalance look for whatever teams gona win and join it. if the tides turn shit swap again ..whatever it takes to get a shiny ribbon no matter tha anal faggotry you go through. i like how you tried to validate swapping by claiming if my team tk's .. yeah i bet you only swapped if your team tk's ..i bet you even leave servers if the game is close ..dont want to risk losing a ribbon.

people twice your skill will never get that ribbon because they refuse to play a certain way (= anal wussbag style) just to get a ribbon .. theyd rather concentrate on things that really matter (= actually having fun in a game) ..so yeah enjoy your badge of shame..
Gairon Fay
+0|6757|Saltsjö-Boo Sweden
Well, if you swap teams or not, I don´t care, bow down to you in reference to the WCR!

That is truly one award I´ll probably never see, so cheers on you.
Rakasan
+7|6846|California, USA

Deedubya wrote:

Sorry, not impressed by your Rakasan example, superfly. He's a Karkand/Spec Ops/Armor whore. Whoopty-doo. If I played Karkand day in and day out, I'd rename it Counterstrike. And as far as side-switching goes, whatever to further your own progression. It's not a bad thing, really.
Well superfly_cox, I am flattered to be used as an example , but check these guys out with crazy inf skillz (with no WCR's).

http://www.bf2s.com/player/43853146/ , jesus a 4:1 KDR just with assault rifle alone!
http://www.bf2s.com/player/37715591/ more with an amazing 3:1 inf KDR
http://www.bf2s.com/player/43408027/

Deedubya: Actually I prefer infantry whore, thank you!   Well, that compared to your 15 of 114 hours (about 13.16% tank whorage, 4.66 armor kdr) vs my 35 of 305 hours (about 11.48% tank whorage, 8.08 armor kdr).  Plus, your 0.89 inf KDR vs my 2.84 inf KDR.  Chit, I am an inf whore x 3 too, LOL. It's not like I am SPM boosting with the medic kit.  KDR seems to be the most consistent stat map to map regardless of Karkand or not.  I guess I am soon to be an SF whore too!

WCR, I will probably never see either unless I swap to the winning team, but where is the fun in that, when I want to make a strong comeback.  Don't get all worked up over EA's ribbons, it's just a game!
chitlin
Banned
+36|6772
yeah some good infantry scores but you should really try a map other than karkand .. i heard theyre pretty cool
RME_JICO
Olaf, Berserker...
+3|6763|Here
If you swap sides at all, you are stat padding, there is nothing to it.  Look at cmdwedge stats, there is no way he influences a round that much to get a 3:1 ratio.

This is how you know that he switched teams (a lot):

1191 Caps, 661 Cap Assists, and 316 Defends in 271 hours.

There is no way your stats can be that low to help your team to win at a 3:1 ratio.

I am not even that good of a player, and I have only played 117 hours and have 1,348 Caps, 676 Cap Assists, and 209 Defended CPs.  My ratio since I do not switch teams 1.35. 

So your "non-stat padding" ribbon is BS.  None of your stats support that you would be that good to influence your team enough to get that ratio.

You probably only join maps when it is 100 - 20 in ticket ratio (like u said) and then join the winning team. Then you stay on that team until is starts to lose, then you switch, getting guaranteed wins of 4 or 5 to 1.   I know it is common sense to join the winning team, but I actually don't join games that late, I guess I need to so I can pad my stats.

That is just my opinion, only you know what you did, so if you did it legit without switching majority of the time, then congrats.  It just looks like you played a ton of quick 14 minute Karkand and Sharqi rounds to get that ratio.

Last edited by RME_JICO (2005-11-28 10:39:43)

cmdwedge
I can say in ALL HONESTY that I only teamswapped 20% of the time. The other 80%, I had already figured out which team was more serious about winning. And I didn't teamswap at the end of a round.

And oddly enough, I don't get that many capture assists when I'm commanding. I don't run around the map doing that much when I'm in my Commander screen.

Sook all you like. I have the ribbon and I didn't hurt anyone's game doing so.
slidero
So... what exactly is the point of this arguing?
Divine_Madcat
+0|6789
You know, if you guys are actually just offended by his ribbon, then jsut look at his time on the teams vs. the wins on those teams.  if he changes alot, it would be fairly obvious, since the wins would not really match up with the time played....

Either way, congrats.  Team switching or not, it is still not an easy ribbon to get.
Rakasan
+7|6846|California, USA

chitlin wrote:

yeah some good infantry scores but you should really try a map other than karkand .. i heard theyre pretty cool
I been playing SF as well when I have time to play.  I will be in the RAW SF server tonight, come join me.
AmBiTiOnZ23
Shoot that guy ->
+29|6751
Is it possible to lose the War College Ribbon if your Win:Loss Ratio drops below 3:1...?
slidero

AmBiTiOnZ23 wrote:

Is it possible to lose the War College Ribbon if your Win:Loss Ratio drops below 3:1...?
No, when I get mine I won't really care about winning anymore and it'll surely drop.
cmdwedge

slidero wrote:

AmBiTiOnZ23 wrote:

No, when I get mine I won't really care about winning anymore and it'll surely drop.
Dear Baby Jesus look at your score!!!!!!!
||BFA||xZeler8
Expendable Miracle Worker
+1|6791
i totally agree that if you find your team killing eachother over vehicles at the beginning of a round then switching is fine...it's the people that switch at the very end of the game that get under my skin
Deedubya
+-2|6812|The Seventh Circle of Hell

Rakasan wrote:

Deedubya wrote:

Well superfly_cox, I am flattered to be used as an example , but check these guys out with crazy inf skillz (with no WCR's).

http://www.bf2s.com/player/43853146/ , jesus a 4:1 KDR just with assault rifle alone!
http://www.bf2s.com/player/37715591/ more with an amazing 3:1 inf KDR
http://www.bf2s.com/player/43408027/

Deedubya: Actually I prefer infantry whore, thank you!   Well, that compared to your 15 of 114 hours (about 13.16% tank whorage, 4.66 armor kdr) vs my 35 of 305 hours (about 11.48% tank whorage, 8.08 armor kdr).  Plus, your 0.89 inf KDR vs my 2.84 inf KDR.  Chit, I am an inf whore x 3 too, LOL. It's not like I am SPM boosting with the medic kit.  KDR seems to be the most consistent stat map to map regardless of Karkand or not.  I guess I am soon to be an SF whore too!

WCR, I will probably never see either unless I swap to the winning team, but where is the fun in that, when I want to make a strong comeback.  Don't get all worked up over EA's ribbons, it's just a game!
Oh, WOW. I'm so impressed by your extensive knowledge. I bow down to thee. Sorry I'm not all L33T like you when it comes to fighting outside of a vehicle. But if I wanted to do that, I'd be playing Counterstrike. Which you should consider, assbag. So, I say to you, go hide in a corner and play a game of GO FUCK YOURSELF.

BTW, I just looked at your stats as of Dec. 12, 2005....and your ratio in a tank is 8.11 (and over 1,000 wins on what map? Karkand?)...mine's 5.18....so shaddap.

Last edited by Deedubya (2005-12-12 01:34:52)

TigrisJK
+3|6736
Congrats. I'm never getting that badge, and I have no inclination to wanting to get it.

Good job though, I find it impressive when people do score it.
AirForce2076
+1|6751|MN
Oh just believe in thyself and all good things shall come.
AirForce2076
+1|6751|MN
^sarcasm

Congrats on that badge, it's nice to know some people are actually dedicated enough to go for it. I bet you popped one once that drum roll came on huh?
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6744|cairns australia
much more satisfying for me to .try to turn the tide and help a losing team win than a ribbon.i had a chance earlier but dont like to swap teams.i would rather go down fighting than swap for a win.guess thats what a true aussie would do not take the easy option and fight to the last man.
=FDX=VEga
Carlos Hathcock Jr
+7|6721|'Ull, Yorkshire, England
Congrats on the WCR, i'm one of many players who will never attain it, simply because i stay on whatever team I'm put on when i join the server. As far as the complaints of 'stat-padding' are concerned, i know that when i want a badge or ribbon i will go out of my way to get it, and if some people want to switch teams to get the WCR ribbon then who cares - the only people who are going to get bitter about it are the 12 year olds who play this game and act their age.

'Why can't we all just get along'

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard