boxman2000
+0|6741
Hopefully this may help somebody out there that has come across a similar issue.

I installed patch 1.03 when it first came out and the same day put in my new Dual channel 1gig Geil DDR 3200 (CL2) RAM.  All was fine until about 5 minutes into the online game when I crashed back to the desktop..... hmm, tried it again, and again, and again, same thing every time.

Instantly I blamed the patch.  I had to do a rebuild on my xp machine anyway so I took the opportunity to setup BF2 again to 1.02 - lo and behold the same thing happened.

To cut a long story short, you guessed it, it was the RAM.  I put my two 512mb Corsair sticks back in and it's running like a dream!!!!

Dunno why the Geil memory did that but it's working fine in my server!

Morals of the story - check out pros / cons with new patches before installing them.  Don't install new hardware the same time as a patch.  Stick to the hardware you know!!!!!!!!!!

You all know this already I'm sure but I could have done with this sort of info a while back so hopefully someone may find it useful!
=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6801|Barrington, RI
was the geil memory registered (ECC checking enabled)? just curious.

Last edited by sewermasta324 (2005-11-18 05:41:05)

shortah
Oh did you want that tank?
+0|6777|Mechanicsville, VA
next time don't buy shitty memory and you'll save yourself the trouble.. i spent the $300 on OCZ platinum and I have never had a problem with it

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard