godzilla
+0|6805
Hi,

we all know the problem with patch 1.03 and its new promotion system: The status bar did not move and no indications of next rank is shown in the BFHQ.
But since 1.12 the things getting more weird:

Ok, now my status bar is shown correctly and its moving on. "Good news!", I thought. But at a close view I found an interesting information. My next rank would be Master Gunnery Sergeant. Weird, cause I am already Master Sergeant so my next rank should be Sergeant Major!

This must be a bad joke! Will I be disrated when I reach the 50.000 points? Someone else has this "problem"?

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by godzilla (2005-11-28 04:24:10)

divided
Clear!
+3|6799
I think it probably assumes that you'll be a master gunnery sergeant because you are a master sergeant and not a first sergeant.  Not sure, though..

If you get all of the required badges for sergeant major then you'll get that rank.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6867|Cologne, Germany

yep. as divided has said, BFHQ will only show your next rank to be Sergeant Major when you already have First Sergeant. It's kind of a bonus rank anyway, as you need to have a specific number of badges to get it.

As you don't have First Sgt. right now, your next rank is "officially" Master Gunnery Sgt. , at least as far as BFHQ is concerned. Don't worry, if you have all the required badges when you reach 50 K, you will get Sergeant Major.
idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
+4|6753|Debris From Space
Well, i'm glad i've got all the badges so i don't have to worry about not being Sergeant Major.
godzilla
+0|6805

divided wrote:

I think it probably assumes that you'll be a master gunnery sergeant because you are a master sergeant and not a first sergeant.
But Master Sergeant is already a higher rank then Master Gunnery Sergeant. Anyway...we will see when i get 50,000 points. Good to know I have all required badges.

Thx for your help!
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6814|England

B.Schuss wrote:

yep. as divided has said, BFHQ will only show your next rank to be Sergeant Major when you already have First Sergeant.
I’m a first sergeant with all the required badges for Sergeant major yet my next rank is Master Gunnery Sergeant  in BFHQ.
[GDC]SinnFein
Got Whiskey?
+63|6813|Meiriceá - frm 'Real Capital'
This has been covered, search function, here's just one example

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=2106

Master gunnery is higher than a master sgt.
Master Gunnery is the same rank as a Sgt. Mjr

Gunnery sgt E-7

Master Sgt. E-8
1stSgt E-8

Master Gunnery Sgt E-9
Sgt. Major E-9
Sgt. Major of the Corps is also an E-9

The differences between these lads, in a round about way: Msgt and MGsgt are combat ranks if u will, while 1stSgt and Smaj's may perform combat duties but are more clerical or direct the combat readiness of the troops.
godzilla
+0|6805

[GDC]SinnFein wrote:

Master gunnery is higher than a master sgt.
Master Gunnery is the same rank as a Sgt. Mjr
You´re right...of cause! ;) I´ve mixed Master Gunnery Sergeant up with Gunnery Sergeant. My fault! But I am confused anyway! I have all needed basic badges. The only badge that is missing is the Basic Explosives Ordinance Badge. But this badge is not on the list of needed badges for Sergeant Major in UBAR and bf2s.com also shows Sergeant Major as my next rank. So can someone tell me if this badge is needed or not for being promoted to Sergeant Major? Who is right: bf2s.com or BFHQ?

P.S. Why I dont have the Explosive Badge? Well, I don´t like throwing C4 like a maniac around and also dislike "Djihad-Vehicles". It´s just sad!

Last edited by godzilla (2005-11-29 04:04:07)

B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6867|Cologne, Germany

Kobrakai wrote:

B.Schuss wrote:

yep. as divided has said, BFHQ will only show your next rank to be Sergeant Major when you already have First Sergeant.
I’m a first sergeant with all the required badges for Sergeant major yet my next rank is Master Gunnery Sergeant  in BFHQ.
Then I suppose I am just plain wrong on that one ( not a First sergeant myself ). BFHQ is probably not showing "bonus ranks" then.

godzilla wrote:

So can someone tell me if this badge is needed or not for being promoted to Sergeant Major? Who is right: bf2s.com or BFHQ?
As far as I know, UBAR has been correct on that one. If UBAR says you do not need it, then you don't...

but maybe someone else who has been in the same position can help. Personally, I won't know until April of 2006..
godzilla
+0|6805
Does no one has any further informations about this matter? Maybe an admin or the licensee of UBAR can tell more? Or possibly someone who has become Sergeant Major without having the Basic Explosives Ordinance Badge?
Dependable informations are highly apreciated cause I dont want to be promoted to Master Gunnery Sergeant only by a missing badge. Although I know (now) thats the same rank...but I want to get my "star" and not a simple "dot".

Thanks so far for the posts above!

Last edited by godzilla (2005-11-30 12:55:34)

savu
+0|6838

divided wrote:

I think it probably assumes that you'll be a master gunnery sergeant because you are a master sergeant and not a first sergeant.  Not sure, though..

If you get all of the required badges for sergeant major then you'll get that rank.
true and not true...if u get ex. basic pistol and vet. in same round u dont get it...dont believe me?check my stats...when i had enough points to master gunnery serg. or first serg. i got master gunnery serg. rank...in this site there was many question about why im not first serg. should be found in BF2 help forum...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard