[FIS]-Thor
+0|6745|Vienna- Austria
Comamnder could just send arty on request of an squad leader... NO RADAR AND NO UAV.

Spec Ops should have the Grappling Hook not the Zip Line
sheggalism
+16|6744|France
I think  commander should have more special commands like Smoke Arty or WP arty and since this game is based on stealth, UAV should'nt be able to show "hidden" enemies (that is to say enemies inside buildings or beneath any kind of roof, enemies you can't see in real life with a flying camera)
[FIS]-Thor
+0|6745|Vienna- Austria
thast because the UAV in rfeal life uses INFRA RED
SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6823|Delaware
Spec Ops should have both as it is SPECIAL Operations. i.e. not mundane capture-the-flag tasks.

Sniper should also have both in order to climb high peaks and zip down to lower ones.
BurlySmurf
+1|6756|Nellis AFB
Just give Spec Ops the option to choose one or the other. So a Spec team can move around freely.
ISIK_Dark
+0|6841|Pueblo

BurlySmurf wrote:

Just give Spec Ops the option to choose one or the other. So a Spec team can move around freely.
Yea I like that.
FourStars
+1|6741|Australia
illumination.
SlickWRX
+6|6745
I had an idea in another unrelated thread that seems like a good idea.

After you've been accepted as commander your body disappears from the map.  This would keep them from flying or just sitting in armor wasting it.  Either that or you could have it so that in order to access the commander control panel you have to be in a commander bunker.  Although with that alternative you could still have flying commanders not doing their jobs.

Now reguarding the suggestions that have been recommended so far.  If you take away the satellite scan you're going to have a big sniperfest with only a few people going for flags.

Here's an idea though.  How about if the supply drops also included batteries for the night vision goggles?  It seems like once you run out you get stuck in a state of turning them on and off and on and off.  Either that or you have to hide out for a while and let them recharge fully while risking getting knifed in the dark.
Jewbat
+8|6731
Illumination Artillery. Or shots that light up the night sky.
Smoking Arty. (I know these have been listed.)
Anti-Tank fly overs. (A-10 Thunderbolts)
The ability to fit a silencer over most/all weapons for a drop in accuracy and/or power.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6749|The United Center

BurlySmurf wrote:

i really like that idea.  i find myself using grappling hooks more than ziplines, but a team of two spec ops (one with a hook and one with a line), plus a support, plus a medic...it would really be pretty good.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6849|San Francisco

Biggest one is still imo that the sniper needs a grappling hook. The whole point of the sniper class is to get to a hidden place and stay there, not to zipline into a battle.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6845|Bryan/College Station, TX

tF-voodoochild wrote:

Biggest one is still imo that the sniper needs a grappling hook. The whole point of the sniper class is to get to a hidden place and stay there, not to zipline into a battle.
Quite true. Doesn't quite make sense does it?
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
[FIS]-Thor
+0|6745|Vienna- Austria
jep...
G.I.JOE¤MFA¤
+3|6731|Wherever Uncle Sams Needs Me.
to be honest the A-10 should have been in the game in the first place
FrankPalmer
+0|6722|QC, Canada

SlickWRX wrote:

After you've been accepted as commander your body disappears from the map.
Only issue with this is when only the commander is remaining, he may choose to just not move from his bunker at all and thus making everyone else wait for the bloody tickets to run out.

SlickWRX wrote:

Here's an idea though.  How about if the supply drops also included batteries for the night vision goggles?  It seems like once you run out you get stuck in a state of turning them on and off and on and off.  Either that or you have to hide out for a while and let them recharge fully while risking getting knifed in the dark.
I don't particularly disagree with this, but think about fatigue; you run out of it after running for a while, no? Yet it recovers over time, just like the NVG batteries. Both are a bitch when you run out of either in a firefight, so I guess we'll just have to deal with it.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

tF-voodoochild wrote:

My god, they don't have grappling hooks? It seems bloody elementary that they do! They seriously need to change that. So, who get the grappling hooks?

Still can't wait to play SF.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
[FIS]-Thor
+0|6745|Vienna- Austria
grappling hook... for assault class...

spec ops and sniper got the zip line...

my thinkin:

Spec Ops - Grappling Hook
Sniper - Grappling hook
Assault - Zip Line
Support - Gas
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6829|Australia
how bout realtime lighting and shadowing?

no more bright skins!!!
-I4nI-Kanyatta
+0|6777
what about giving engineer or some other class Anti-Infantry mines? that would be cool, sort of like claymoores, but you could bury them, like in Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault, if you've ever played that,

and the enemy would have to step on the mine, not walk within a 10 meter radius in a 45 degree angle of it or whatever crap the clay moore requires to explode
Viper86DK
+1|6691
Anti personel mines are illegal following the Geneve convention
irenicus999
+0|6744
Not all antipersonnel mines are prohibited by the Geneva Convention.

I got this from un.org:
Protocol II on Prohibitions or Restrictions on the Use of Mines, Booby-Traps and Other Devices was amended on 3 May 1996 to strengthen its provisions. It extends the scope of application to cover both international and internal armed conflicts; prohibits the use of non-detectable anti-personnel mines and their transfer; prohibits the use of non-self-destructing and non-self-deactivitating mines outside fenced, monitored and marked areas; broadens obligations of protection in favour of peacekeeping and other missions of the United Nations and its agencies; requires States to enforce compliance with its provisions within their jurisdiction; and calls for penal sanctions in case of violation.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

Spec Ops are okay with the zipline, SNIPERS should get grappling hooks.

Spec Ops should maybe have the option to choose which one they take...
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
ScreamingJay
+1|6746

kontrolcrimson wrote:

how bout realtime lighting and shadowing?

no more bright skins!!!
You want this game to pull even more processing power and resources? Then you'll complain that you can only get 15 fps on most maps and 2fps on the night maps!
Viper86DK
+1|6691
And again... Anti personel mines cant be used.

Hey look theres a fenced in area where it says mines, lets go in there :p

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard