ID - Human Traffic - Twin Towns
ID was awesome!!!

Get your tools out Gumbo!
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6591|SE London

ROCKowmCo wrote:

b-movies: Big Trouble in Little China & Re-Animator

FWIW: If you liked Kung Fu Hustle, you'll love Ong-Bak.  It wasn't as funny, but the fight choreography was outstanding. 

Subtitled for us English-speakers though.

For the record, I hated Shaolin Soccer.  An hour and a half of my life I'll never get back.
Shaolin Soccer was awful, had a few amusing moments, but all in all was just crap.

If you liked Ong-Bak you'll love Tom Yum Goong, same team. Has a four minute uncut fight scene.

Braindead (Dead Alive to all you Yanks) was great too.

Big Trouble in Little China was great, old school Kurt Russell, The Thing was great too.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2006-08-12 19:08:09)

BallisticallyYours
+23|6641|Chicago, IL
boondock saints, narc, falling down, memphis belle, judgement night, suicide kings, true romance, from dusk till dawn, I'll stop.
Rellim83
+7|6692|PA
Army of Darkness was great, but nothing compared to its prequil - The Evil Dead 1 and 2
HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6668|California
All Godzilla films!!!!!

Any Kaiju (Giant Monster) movie.

One of the best is "Frankenstein conquers the World", the still living radiated heart of frankenstein is sent to japan to be studied . then the BOMB destroys japan, the heart grows into a giant frankenstein, then saves mankind from the giant monster Baragon. they both perish into magma while fighting each other.

the best part is that american B movie actor Nick Adams is the star of the film.
462nd NSP653
Devout Moderate, Empty Head.
+57|6694
Anyone ever see Streets of Fire?  Michael Pare (Eddie from Eddie and the Cruisers - definite B), Diane Lane, Willem Dafoe, Rick Moranis and a few others.  Best of all, soundtrack by Ry Cooder (who also did the soundtrack for another B move...Crossroads).
ThrashingFury
+1|6447|Vermont
I might have to go with The Toxic Avenger 4: Citizen Toxie, I have been a long-standing Troma fan, especially Lloyd Kaufman and Michael Herz movies, it seems every movie Lloyd Directs is better than the last, before Citizen Toxie were Terror Firmer and Tromeo and Juliet for example, all great movies and all starring Lemmy from Motorhead interestingly enough.  Poultrygeist(Lemmy is in that too!!!) is coming in November too, more Lloyd Kaufman action, http://www.poultrygeistmovie.com/ for info and trailer on it, they need help distributing so if you know a theater with 35mm projection it could play near you.

Last edited by ThrashingFury (2006-09-19 23:57:24)

millhous
+39|6647|OREEGONE, USA
Army of Darkness, hands down.
ozzie_johnson
+98|6668|Penrith, N.S.W, Australia

Scr0k wrote:

Shaolin Soccer was awesome. (soccer is my favorite sport i went to the world cup in germany this year), also 16 blocks (might be grade A).
that movie owns, who would of known the whole team were brothers, lol
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6795|Perth, Western Australia
Serenity (it was kinda B grade, but I still love it)

Snakes on a plane
Skexis
+6|6469
Uh, just to set the record straight, a B movie isn't a movie that you think is underrated. It's more of a movie that is bad, but that you enjoy in spite of (or sometimes because) it's bad.

An example of a B movie (that still got a lot of publicity) is Snakes on a Plane. Fucking horrible, but it was playing on the audience expectations and tried to be bad. In that same vein, Starship Troopers might be considered a B movie, but Lock Stock and 2 fucking Smoking Barrels is not a B movie just because it didn't get a wide theatrical release.

My recent favorite B movie has to be Crank. It's just so over-the-top, so whacked out and absurd that you have to laugh, but it's an enjoyable action movie at the same time.
There's also the new classic, Napoleon Dynamite. You can't watch that and say the cast & crew expected it to be a good film.
Wolfren
+6|6674|USA
Toss up between Holy Grail and Army of Darkness, but if I had to choose it would be Army of Darkness.

"Good, bad, Im the guy with gun!"

Last edited by Wolfren (2006-09-20 01:06:30)

pedigreeuk
I'm English, not British!
+113|6781|Rotherham, England

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

lock stock and 2 smoking barrels
^^^^ Top film!
Does Trainspotting count?
Tremors - Giant underground worms = Cool film
Dawn of the Dead - Zombies FTW!!!
Could go on I love B movies
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6556|Doncaster, UK
How about "Rocky Horror Picture Show". A B-movie that is an homage to B-movies.

Last edited by DoctorFruitloop (2006-09-20 01:25:51)

Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6704|San Francisco
Cannibal: The Musical, Orgazmo, Evil Dead 1-2, Boondock Saints, to name a few...
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6675|NT, like Mick Dundee

Why is it that so many B movies are more memorable than most Hollywood blockbusters?

EDIT

Forgot to mention, I have movie buffs for mates so I don't see many crappy movies.

Last edited by Flecco (2006-09-20 05:19:29)

Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman
+183|6601|Scarborough Yorkshire England
Pitch Black
Vexikuri
+1|6448
Boondock Saints
Zeppo Johnson
+47|6722|Finland
Boondock Saints and Clerks
InviSniper
The first true Sniper.
+95|6654|Cumberland, MD, USA
Office Space and Underworld. And I'm not emo either; Kate Beckinsale is just HOT!
{XpLiCiTxX}
Ohh skeet skeet
+143|6480|New York
Office Space!!!
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic
+178|6452|Stealth City, UK
Mine would probably have to be School of Cock or maybe even Shaving Ryans Privates......true B movies!
cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
+269|6483|Kakanien
- movies from david lynch, romero, tarantino etc.
- robocop
- starship troopers
- the evil dead

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard