Mostly good. I'm not American.3%3% - 10
Mostly bad. I'm not American.14%14% - 46
Evil. I'm not American.18%18% - 58
Total: 317
Spumantiii
pistolero
+147|6700|Canada

lowing wrote:

Your response to my definition of “quality of life” is simplistic as I intended. You may not think so but life in America is GREAT, I simply used the fact that since our Immigration problem is at epidemic proportions, because people are literally dying to get here and live. I will bet people in Canada have heard about people dying in trucks and at the borders, and off the shores of America, but I can not recall reading a news story about scores of people dying trying to get into Canada, or New Zealand, or Norway I could be wrong about this. If people are willing to risk their lives to come to America, to me that says something.

Our immigration problem does not compare with Canada’s simply because WE HAVE SO MANY ILLEGALS we can’t get an accurate count as to how many people is IN the US. At least by your link it would appear Canada can count theirs, which I assume means they are legal, and if they are legal, then what is Canada’s problem, and how is their LEGAL immigration problem WORSE than our ILLEGAL immigration problem??

On to the terror plot:

From what I read, this plot has been under surveillance since last December, and I trust that the Bush administration kinda knew about it. This war on terror is a joint operation, last month Germany (god bless them) foiled an attempt as well. It is a global intelligence war that is being waged, so yeah, I think the Bush administration is kinda involved. If the plot had succeeded I know you and the rest of you lap dogs would be first in line to post BUSH’S failures and nothing more.
First I wanted to confirm the large numbers of illegal immigrants coming to canada.  In the late 1990s in Vancouver we were finding hundereds of illegal immigrants weekly inside freight cars coming on boats from China.  We heard all about how those people gave every possession AND went into decades long debt just to get here.

Secondly, the sad truth is, refugees are willing to risk their lives coming and going from every country on earth not just the usa.  What about the lebanese refugees?  What would it take to allow them amnesty in America?  Or a better example,  refugees fleeing Iraq, where do they go?    The conservative government here is emphasizing the need to bolster the working population with legal immigration.  When people work, there is enough money to go around.    You haven't done any research into that question before asking it but the answers are really right there.

PS don't mention intelligence and Bush in the same sentence it makes you look bad   j/k

Immigration is NOT a bad thing like you've labelled it.  Illegal immigration is a nuisance but to spend billions to combat it is ridiculous.  Those people probably want work.  Give it to them, and make some $$ of the products they craft, sound conservative?  Not a bad idea.

Last edited by Spumantiii (2006-08-12 08:53:44)

The_Shipbuilder
Stay the corpse
+261|6518|Los Angeles

lowing wrote:

Your use of a word like “PWNED” is laughable and in my book makes you in line as one of the biggest dip shits on this forum. I mean really, to prepare such a well thought out rebuttal, then wind up using “PWNED” in it...LOL priceless.
O RLY.

"Irony is a form of utterance that postulates a double audience, consisting of one party that hearing shall hear and shall not understand, and another party that, when more is meant than meets the ear, is aware, both of that “more” and of the outsider’s incomprehension."

Look lowing, I actually feel bad that you missed that. Especially since you seem to be the only one that did. I feel like I accidentally dropped a claymore and it blew up right in your face. How embarrassing.

Tell you what lowing: just so this doesn't happen again, I'm going to link to the wikipedia entry for irony every time I'm employing the device.

Let's practice.

LOLLERCOASTERS.

LOL Priceless.

lowing wrote:

There retyped, now grade it for spelling and send it back to me, Mr. “PWNED”
LOL Priceless.

Oh also I already wrote a scathing response to you but you're not going to believe it I printed it out to edit the spelling by hand with my red pen like I always do but my dog ate it.
reddog909
+1|6607
they should all be charged with war crimes
OSS-CAPT-SPEIRS
+13|6750|Orange County, CA
As a lifelong moderate Republican (I voted for Clinton in his second term) I really supported Bush during his first term.  His second term has been a disaster.  We have totally lost the initiative in Iraq and Afghanistan.  Both fronts are and have been under resourced in terms of troop commitment and objectives/end game/exit strategy.  His rediculous stance on blocking stem cell research.  His lack of commitment to securing our borders.

I thought I would never say this, but I am kinda looking forward to Hillary as at least Bill will be back in the White House.

Last edited by OSS-CAPT-SPEIRS (2006-08-12 11:44:57)

sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6775|Argentina

lowing wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

lowing wrote:

sorry Cameronpoe, in my original post I qualified the last 100 years, and compared things to the airplane, cars, electricity, nuclear power, oil refining, internet, computeres.etc......now if Ireland contributed to the extent of the US, I missed it.

and I only used Ireland because it was first on his 'list".
Internet was invented by an Irish dude, then they stole his idea. 

Car: invented by Karl Benz, german dude.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Car

Airplane: although the Wright brothers are commonly know for inventing the airplane, the first flying self powered machine was constructed in 1890 by some french Ader.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airplane#History

Nuclear power: in 1938 the first succesful attempt fission was conducted by 3 germans.  In 1942 Enrico Fermi, italian working at Chicago University, obtained the first self sustaining nuclear chain reaction.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_power#Origins

Oil Refining: the first oil refinery opened in 1856 Romania.

Computer: the first working programmable computer was invented by a german called Konrad Zuse, which is not Keiser Sose from The Usual Suspects, btw he was hungarian.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer#H … _computing

Electricity: is not an invention, althoguh here there are some names that contirbuted using it in different ways, in 1660 a german Otto Von Guericke invented the first generator.  In 1745 a dutch guy invented the first capacitor.  In 1752 Benjamin Franklin flew a kite during a storm.  In 1860 Volta italian constructed the first electric battery.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electricity#History

<ironic>Leonardo Da Vinci was italian, lived 200 years before America was born. <ironic>
Cars: first brought to consumers as affordable and not a novilty. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assembly_line

Airplanes.....BOEING.......no further explaination is needed

Nuclear power.for ENERGY uses.......http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_power_plants#History

oil refining:...chicago  http://membership.acs.org/C/Chicago/inv … oleum.html

PC's:......can you say MICROSOFT, DOS, WINDOWS, LINUX, IBM, APPLE, ?? no more needs to be said.

electricity: Thomas Edison( light bulb) and his first of eveeything else.

thx for playing
You were talking of invention then.

Car: The major innovation here is the production line invented by Ford, but the car was invented by a german Karl Benz.

Airplane: Boeing was founded in 1915, I think the plane was there for some years at the time.

Electricity: Edison invented the bulb, not discovered electricity or something else.  He invented lotta things, true.

Computers: you said computers not software, the computers and consoles are invented in Asia.  Sony is American? Toshiba is american?

Thx for playin so bad.

Last edited by sergeriver (2006-08-12 12:06:13)

sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6775|Argentina

lowing wrote:

The fact that we live in a free society where all have equal opportunities (including women), or the fact that we have free elections and can support or protest our govt. to our hearts content without fear of reprisal, and in a country so huge, I thought was obvious enough and need not be discussed, guess I was wrong.
This is hilarious.  Do you really think you live in a democracy with free elections, when the asshole is president now for the second period did lost twice the elections, but they managed to arrange things to sit the puppet in the White House.  Cmon dude.  Do you really think you live in an equal opportunities society for everyone, "including women" like you say (I think the observation goes to muslim countries).  I guess you were wrong.  And when you talk about Ireland last contribution as the drunk, you suggest that GWB was sent by irish people to fuck up things in the world?

Last edited by sergeriver (2006-08-12 12:20:01)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6669|USA

sergeriver wrote:

lowing wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Airplane: although the Wright brothers are commonly know for inventing the airplane, the first flying self powered machine was constructed in 1890 by some french Ader.

Nuclear power: in 1938 the first succesful attempt fission was conducted by 3 germans.  In 1942 Enrico Fermi, italian working at Chicago University, obtained the first self sustaining nuclear chain reaction.

Computer: the first working programmable computer was invented by a german called Konrad Zuse, which is not Keiser Sose from The Usual Suspects, btw he was hungarian.

Electricity: is not an invention, althoguh here there are some names that contirbuted using it in different ways, in 1660 a german Otto Von Guericke invented the first generator.  In 1745 a dutch guy invented the first capacitor.  In 1752 Benjamin Franklin flew a kite during a storm.  In 1860 Volta italian constructed the first electric battery.

<ironic>Leonardo Da Vinci was italian, lived 200 years before America was born. <ironic>
Cars: first brought to consumers as affordable and not a novilty. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assembly_line

Nuclear power.for ENERGY uses.......http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_power_plants#History

PC's:......can you say MICROSOFT, DOS, WINDOWS, LINUX, IBM, APPLE, ?? no more needs to be said.

thx for playing

Car: The major innovation here is the production line invented by Ford, but the car was invented by a german Karl Benz.

Airplane: Boeing was founded in 1915, I think the plane was there for some years at the time.

Electricity: Edison invented the bulb, not discovered electricity or something else.  He invented lotta things, true.

Computers: you said computers not software, the computers and consoles are invented in Asia.  Sony is American? Toshiba is american?

Thx for playin so bad.
all of these things came to practical purposes and became useable to improve our lives because of American innovation. I forgot that I am in a forum that if you make a point, it will be disected into little pieces until it is morphed against you. You know exactly what I was trying to say, but since you can't argue the point you feel the need to turn it into something you CAN argue. I shoulda known better by now.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6669|USA

sergeriver wrote:

lowing wrote:

The fact that we live in a free society where all have equal opportunities (including women), or the fact that we have free elections and can support or protest our govt. to our hearts content without fear of reprisal, and in a country so huge, I thought was obvious enough and need not be discussed, guess I was wrong.
This is hilarious.  Do you really think you live in a democracy with free elections, when the asshole is president now for the second period did lost twice the elections, but they managed to arrange things to sit the puppet in the White House.  Cmon dude.  Do you really think you live in an equal opportunities society for everyone, "including women" like you say (I think the observation goes to muslim countries).  I guess you were wrong.  And when you talk about Ireland last contribution as the drunk, you suggest that GWB was sent by irish people to fuck up things in the world?
Just because the democrats cried and screamed and threw a fit after losing both elections doesn't mean they actually WON them. Unless of course you can show me where Bush lost the elections FACTUALLY and not because the liberal party said so.

As far as losing the popular vote, this is not the first time it has happened, but I don't remember reading about any temper tantrums and crying fits being thrown as a result. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._presi … tion,_2000

Last edited by lowing (2006-08-12 16:57:06)

USAFDude_1988
Will fly for food.
+120|6527|Daytona Beach, FL

BigmacK192 wrote:

The_Shipbuilder wrote:

My guess is that most American BF2 players skew to the right and will vote positively, and that the vast majority of non-Americans will vote negatively.
You'd be incorrect. There are few people left in the US that actually support the president.

I'm one of those people.

Bush Administration FTW.

Proud of em'.
Bush!.. because Kerry and his ketchup bitch wouldn't have done any better!
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6669|USA

Spumantiii wrote:

lowing wrote:

Your response to my definition of “quality of life” is simplistic as I intended. You may not think so but life in America is GREAT, I simply used the fact that since our Immigration problem is at epidemic proportions, because people are literally dying to get here and live. I will bet people in Canada have heard about people dying in trucks and at the borders, and off the shores of America, but I can not recall reading a news story about scores of people dying trying to get into Canada, or New Zealand, or Norway I could be wrong about this. If people are willing to risk their lives to come to America, to me that says something.

Our immigration problem does not compare with Canada’s simply because WE HAVE SO MANY ILLEGALS we can’t get an accurate count as to how many people is IN the US. At least by your link it would appear Canada can count theirs, which I assume means they are legal, and if they are legal, then what is Canada’s problem, and how is their LEGAL immigration problem WORSE than our ILLEGAL immigration problem??

On to the terror plot:

From what I read, this plot has been under surveillance since last December, and I trust that the Bush administration kinda knew about it. This war on terror is a joint operation, last month Germany (god bless them) foiled an attempt as well. It is a global intelligence war that is being waged, so yeah, I think the Bush administration is kinda involved. If the plot had succeeded I know you and the rest of you lap dogs would be first in line to post BUSH’S failures and nothing more.
First I wanted to confirm the large numbers of illegal immigrants coming to canada.  In the late 1990s in Vancouver we were finding hundereds of illegal immigrants weekly inside freight cars coming on boats from China.  We heard all about how those people gave every possession AND went into decades long debt just to get here.

Secondly, the sad truth is, refugees are willing to risk their lives coming and going from every country on earth not just the usa.  What about the lebanese refugees?  What would it take to allow them amnesty in America?  Or a better example,  refugees fleeing Iraq, where do they go?    The conservative government here is emphasizing the need to bolster the working population with legal immigration.  When people work, there is enough money to go around.    You haven't done any research into that question before asking it but the answers are really right there.

PS don't mention intelligence and Bush in the same sentence it makes you look bad   j/k

Immigration is NOT a bad thing like you've labelled it.  Illegal immigration is a nuisance but to spend billions to combat it is ridiculous.  Those people probably want work.  Give it to them, and make some $$ of the products they craft, sound conservative?  Not a bad idea.
I did not label immigration as a bad thing, I labeled ILLEGAl immigration as such. Since our South Western Cities have all but been lost to illegal immigration and our national identity stripped from our land. I will put my money on the US as toting the illegal immigration line.

Before any of you claim me as a racist let me clarify my use of national identity. In the past, most immigrants were legal, and proud to become citizens of their new country, they learned English and contributed to society. Now, it is illegal to say our very own pledge of allegiance in our schools, it is offensive to wish someone a Merry Christmas, or Happy Easter, the Easter bunny no longer exists, but has been replace with the "spring bunny" We can no longer have a Halloween Party, it must be a "fall festival" all done as to not offend someone. I am not religious, however, the 10 commandments is a list of moral values that should not be looked upon as offensive yet they are being stripped from every govt. office building. Our language is being replaced, it is getting closer to being inconvenient to speak English than Spanish.
As i walk in our town I hear a forign languge being spoken more and more  often than English.
These examples are what I mean by national identity.

I had to say this since some of you would no doubt come back and try and hit me with the racist card.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6669|USA

The_Shipbuilder wrote:

lowing wrote:

Your use of a word like “PWNED” is laughable and in my book makes you in line as one of the biggest dip shits on this forum. I mean really, to prepare such a well thought out rebuttal, then wind up using “PWNED” in it...LOL priceless.
O RLY.

"Irony is a form of utterance that postulates a double audience, consisting of one party that hearing shall hear and shall not understand, and another party that, when more is meant than meets the ear, is aware, both of that “more” and of the outsider’s incomprehension."

Look lowing, I actually feel bad that you missed that. Especially since you seem to be the only one that did. I feel like I accidentally dropped a claymore and it blew up right in your face. How embarrassing.

Tell you what lowing: just so this doesn't happen again, I'm going to link to the wikipedia entry for irony every time I'm employing the device.

Let's practice.

LOLLERCOASTERS.

LOL Priceless.

lowing wrote:

There retyped, now grade it for spelling and send it back to me, Mr. “PWNED”
LOL Priceless.

Oh also I already wrote a scathing response to you but you're not going to believe it I printed it out to edit the spelling by hand with my red pen like I always do but my dog ate it.
Do whatever you gotta do, 

Hehehehehe shipbuilder said, "pwned". I love it.
and I have since, retyped my essay for you to grade, you did not leave me crippled in my position as you think you did. you didn't believe that it didn't post so I retyped it and posted it, that should clear up any confusion as to what YOU think happened. Sorry ya didn't leave me speechless with your great wisdom and patronizing speech.

Last edited by lowing (2006-08-13 11:42:58)

Deathscope
+2|6664
I didn't read eveyone's posts I just want to know what makes you(anyone) think Bush and Cheney are evil?
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6671

Deathscope wrote:

I didn't read eveyone's posts I just want to know what makes you(anyone) think Bush and Cheney are evil?
What makes them think that the evil-doers they are always talking about are evil?

For me what just about sums up why I think the administration in general is evil is the definition of the word:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evil wrote:

Evil is a term describing that which is regarded as morally bad, intrinsically corrupt, wantonly destructive, inhumane, selfish, or wicked. In most cultures, the word is used to describe acts, thoughts, and ideas which are thought to (either directly or causally) bring about withering and death —the opposite of life.
Good enough?
Deathscope
+2|6664
I kind of wanted examples of their evilness, I am aware of what the term evil means.

Last edited by Deathscope (2006-08-13 13:47:14)

The_Shipbuilder
Stay the corpse
+261|6518|Los Angeles

lowing wrote:

and I have since, retyped my essay for you to grade, you did not leave me crippled in my position as you think you did. you didn't believe that it didn't post so I retyped it and posted it, that should clear up any confusion as to what YOU think happened. Sorry ya didn't leave me speechless with your great wisdom and patronizing speech.
Lowing my friend, I would never be so foolish as to believe anything could ever render you speechless. Nor would I be stupid enough to believe that anything could ever shake your steadfast adherence to your own  worldview.

I believe you mistake my purpose. My extensive attempt at dressing-down your views was intended as a frivolous entertainment - a solace to myself and to other dunces sympathetic to my utter inability to convince you of anything. For to the dunce, genius appears inanity, and vice versa. Our inability to see the world through your eyes inspires a jealous rage in our breasts. I am the cornered puppy, led to feeble snarling and urination when flight is not an option.

I do, lowing, believe Swift was speaking specifically of men like you: "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." I count myself among the dunces, concede that you have won, and wish you - our own Ignatius J. Reilly - none but the best.
The_Shipbuilder
Stay the corpse
+261|6518|Los Angeles

Deathscope wrote:

I kind of wanted examples of their evilness, I am aware of what the term evil means.
Did you kind of want examples of their evilness because you don't believe they are evil, and because you are kind of daring to be convinced otherwise?
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6599|SE London

sergeriver wrote:

lowing wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

thx for playing

Thx for playin so bad.
I no big Pro American, but computers at least is one field you do have to give them a lot of credit for. Sony and Toshiba are NOT computer manufacturers. The PS3 for example, relies entirely on US tech - the RSX graphics chip is made by Nvidia.
They don't design chips of anything like the complexity that US companies do. The complex chips are designed in America by American companies (or some smaller British companies like ARM). Companies like Intel, AMD, Nvidia, ATI, Alpha, Cray, IBM. The computer itself was primarily developed by the US (Britain played a large part in early stages (Babbage, Collosus etc.) and the WWW was invented at CERN), but the US military - and before that the US government (computers designed for census taking) paved the way for modern computing.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6669|USA

The_Shipbuilder wrote:

lowing wrote:

Lowing my friend, I would never be so foolish as to believe anything could ever render you speechless. Nor would I be stupid enough to believe that anything could ever shake your steadfast adherence to your own  worldview.

I believe you mistake my purpose. My extensive attempt at dressing-down your views was intended as a frivolous entertainment - a solace to myself and to other dunces sympathetic to my utter inability to convince you of anything. For to the dunce, genius appears inanity, and vice versa. Our inability to see the world through your eyes inspires a jealous rage in our breasts. I am the cornered puppy, led to feeble snarling and urination when flight is not an option.

I do, lowing, believe Swift was speaking specifically of men like you: "When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." I count myself among the dunces, concede that you have won, and wish you - our own Ignatius J. Reilly - none but the best.
Sounds good shipbuilder, so you are conceding that I......................"PWNED" you?? HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I love that phrase, reminds me so much of my little brother when he was 12, so many years ago...

now maybe you can run out and lay down some "PWNAGE" in other threads, show some 'SMACKTARD" a word he didn't spell correctly. Maybe teach a "NOOB" a thing or two. You might even trip up some "FUCKTARD" with one of his own posts.  God damn!!! You crack me up!!

Last edited by lowing (2006-08-13 15:18:56)

jamriche
+0|6489
Here is my view of how the Bush administration went wrong.  Okay after 9.11 we immediately went after the people we believe and know to be responsible Al Queda (I think that is how you spell it, anyway), we invaded Afghanistan overthrew the Taliban and had Osama Bin Laden cornered in the Afghanistan Mountains.  But somehow, a 6ft. tall Arabian male on dialysis was able to outmanuever or armed forces!  Secondly, once everything was wrapped up in Afghanistan (when I say wrapped up I don't mean to sweep under the rug everything that our forces continued to deal with and still do to this day) we made Iraq a priority.  First it was for weapons of mass destruction and that is what we invaded on.  Once we were there and we could not find any WMD's we made the cause for invading Iraq a humanitarian one.  Then once the situation in Iraq went from bad to worse, we switched the reason for why we went into Iraq again this time to establishing freedom and democracy in a middle eastern country.  Now we find ourselves in a war that can best be described as a quagmire because when we start to reduce the amount of troops in Iraq something occurs and we must put troops back in to keep the country from destablizing; this time it may be because we are all hearing about 'civil war', whatever the case maybe we will probably not be able to leave Iraq for some time and it is this slow, arduous war that is hurting the President, Republican congressmen and woment and House of Representatives candidates for the upcoming election in 2008.  Well this post has stretched on longer than I anticipated, but this are some of my opinions on the subject.  Thank you.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6599|SE London

jamriche wrote:

Here is my view of how the Bush administration went wrong.  Okay after 9.11 we immediately went after the people we believe and know to be responsible Al Queda (I think that is how you spell it, anyway), we invaded Afghanistan overthrew the Taliban and had Osama Bin Laden cornered in the Afghanistan Mountains.  But somehow, a 6ft. tall Arabian male on dialysis was able to outmanuever or armed forces!  Secondly, once everything was wrapped up in Afghanistan (when I say wrapped up I don't mean to sweep under the rug everything that our forces continued to deal with and still do to this day) we made Iraq a priority.  First it was for weapons of mass destruction and that is what we invaded on.  Once we were there and we could not find any WMD's we made the cause for invading Iraq a humanitarian one.  Then once the situation in Iraq went from bad to worse, we switched the reason for why we went into Iraq again this time to establishing freedom and democracy in a middle eastern country.  Now we find ourselves in a war that can best be described as a quagmire because when we start to reduce the amount of troops in Iraq something occurs and we must put troops back in to keep the country from destablizing; this time it may be because we are all hearing about 'civil war', whatever the case maybe we will probably not be able to leave Iraq for some time and it is this slow, arduous war that is hurting the President, Republican congressmen and woment and House of Representatives candidates for the upcoming election in 2008.  Well this post has stretched on longer than I anticipated, but this are some of my opinions on the subject.  Thank you.
But the Bush administration didn't go into Iraq to find WMDs, they went their for something else (I don't know what - it wasn't oil, the oil companies advised against it saying it would push up oil prices, which it has). They knew there were no WMDs and it is known that Bush told the CIA to find evidence of WMDs, when they came back and said they hadn't found any evidence, he told them to go back and look harder, that they'd better find something. The WMDs were a excuse for going into Iraq. I don't know why they actually did it. I'm inclined to believe it's sort of a PR stunt gone horribly wrong, after all Bush Snrs popularity was boosted massively after the 1st Iraq war, maybe G.W.B. was hoping for something similar.

I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist, because I tend to think virtually all of these 'conspiracy theories' are full of shit. But it is on record that Bush told the CIA to look for WMDs and when they didn't find them told them to look again, harder. This suggests Bush wanted the WMDs to be there as an excuse for war.

I don't think Bush is evil, just not very good at running a country. Compare US economics under Clinton and Bush and you'll see what I mean. Cheney and Rumsfeld are quite shady characters though, I wouldn't like either of them in charge of anything. Cheney is always being involved in all sorts of corruption and always seems to get away with it - really not a very nice guy.

I'm not anti American (not very), I liked Clinton - I'm not even anti Republican (well maybe a bit) but Reagan wasn't too bad - he did what Republicans are supposed to do, sorted out the economy. But the Bush administration is rubbish.

Also btw you almost spelt it right, it's Al Qaeda (A not U).
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6669|USA

Bertster7 wrote:

jamriche wrote:

But the Bush administration didn't go into Iraq to find WMDs, they went their for something else (I don't know what - it wasn't oil, the oil companies advised against it saying it would push up oil prices, which it has). They knew there were no WMDs and it is known that Bush told the CIA to find evidence of WMDs, when they came back and said they hadn't found any evidence, he told them to go back and look harder, that they'd better find something. The WMDs were a excuse for going into Iraq. I don't know why they actually did it. I'm inclined to believe it's sort of a PR stunt gone horribly wrong, after all Bush Snrs popularity was boosted massively after the 1st Iraq war, maybe G.W.B. was hoping for something similar.

I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist, because I tend to think virtually all of these 'conspiracy theories' are full of shit. But it is on record that Bush told the CIA to look for WMDs and when they didn't find them told them to look again, harder. This suggests Bush wanted the WMDs to be there as an excuse for war.

I don't think Bush is evil, just not very good at running a country. Compare US economics under Clinton and Bush and you'll see what I mean. Cheney and Rumsfeld are quite shady characters though, I wouldn't like either of them in charge of anything. Cheney is always being involved in all sorts of corruption and always seems to get away with it - really not a very nice guy.

I'm not anti American (not very), I liked Clinton - I'm not even anti Republican (well maybe a bit) but Reagan wasn't too bad - he did what Republicans are supposed to do, sorted out the economy. But the Bush administration is rubbish.

Also btw you almost spelt it right, it's Al Qaeda (A not U).
If all of this is "on record" could you please provide the reference?
Deathscope
+2|6664

The_Shipbuilder wrote:

Deathscope wrote:

Did you kind of want examples of their evilness because you don't believe they are evil, and because you are kind of daring to be convinced otherwise?
I do not believe that Bush and Cheney are evil.  I just want examples of times they have represented their evil ways.  So yeah, if you gave me some good reasoning of why they are evil you may convince me.

Last edited by Deathscope (2006-08-13 17:00:20)

UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6671

Deathscope wrote:

The_Shipbuilder wrote:

Deathscope wrote:

I do not believe that Bush and Cheney are evil.  I just want examples of times they have represented their evil ways.  So yeah, if you gave me some good reasoning of why they are evil you may convince me.
This might be a good starting point, haven't read it thoroughly but it seems to mention many of the points which lead me to my judgement of the man:
https://www.apfn.org/apfn/22_cheney.jpg
http://www.apfn.org/apfn/dcheney.htm
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6671

Deathscope wrote:

The_Shipbuilder wrote:

Deathscope wrote:

https://www.apfn.org/apfn/22_cheney.jpg
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6669|USA

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

Deathscope wrote:

The_Shipbuilder wrote:

http://www.apfn.org/apfn/22_cheney.jpg
You post this as proof of the evil Bush and Cheney? I post speeches made by Iran calling for the destruction of Israel and all who support it. Plus videos of clerics saying Islam will take over the world, and those get dismissed as rubbish..... PLUS all the acts of terror attempted and succeeded as proof that they mean it!!
Man, you guys take the cake!!

Last edited by lowing (2006-08-13 17:32:52)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard