mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6710|Sydney, Australia
[train of thought]

[sarcasm]

Maybe the solution is if every one fucks off to a corner of the earth populated by their own religion. No one has any contact and no one tries to impose their 'correct' way of life on the other religions.

[/sarcasm]

I believe that the cause of this terrorism shitstorm, because that's what it is, a shitstorm, is the deliberate attempt by the "Western World" to impose its style of life on the Islamic world.

If you look at the 2 main opposing religions, you find striking similarities in their depiction of god:

-Allah is found in the Qur'an and in Arabic and Indonesian translations of the Bible. In the Qur'an, it refers to The Only God. www.wikipedia.org

-you shall have no other gods before me. (4) You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. (5) You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the Lord your God. www.wikipedia.org

Now, ya see that both sides believe in a single God, but each said that there can be only one. So, the shit hits the fan and everyone starts fighting over who is correct.

If we look at the 7th to 9th centuries, you see the rapid expansion of Islam through conversions and fighting. So, what does the Church do? The have their holy crusades to take back the promised land. But they don't stop at one crusade, no, for that wouldn't be enough. The European Christians performed no less that 9 crusades over 3 centuries.

An Islamic warrior by the name of Saladin rose up and defeated the crusaders. He was just doing what he believed is necessary to prevent his way of life from changing.

Fast forward 700 years and the World Police are trying to impose their way of life on the Islamic world. What do you know... history is repeating itself as Islamic extremists are trying to stop this 'onslaught'.

Now, I'm not siding with the terrorist here. I am merely stating what is happening.

So, what does this mean?

While most Islamic people are accepting to a western way of life and would live either way, there is that small fraction who perceive their religion as being under threat. They will defend it at all costs.

Until America and the rest of the Western World stop trying to shove the idea of a western way of life down the throats of the Islamic world, I see no end to terrorism. Coming back to my original statement, if everyone takes a step back and realizes how utterly stupid they are acting, then maybe, just maybe there can be peace in the world... Thought I wouldn't hold my breath.

[/train of thought]

Hmmm, that was rather long. It was written rather quickly. Pardon me for any illogical statements or incorrect grammar.

Until sometime tomorrow,
Mcminty.
mKmalfunction
Infamous meleeKings cult. Est. 2003 B.C.
+82|6529|The Lost Highway
I didn't read that whole thing, and I'm a dumb ass...

But I believe Muslims and Christians share the same God, just have a different beliefs about Him. And have placed a different level of importance on Prophets like Jesus and Mohammad.

Last edited by mKmalfunction (2006-08-11 08:10:28)

Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6550
IIRC, Muslims recognise Jesus as a prophet, but not the prophet like Christians.  Same goes for Jews, I believe.  Jews, however, believe the prophet has yet to come, Muslims believe that Mohammed was the greatest prophet, but the prophet is never coming.  Yes/no/maybe?  Anyone?
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6679|Tampa Bay Florida
sieg heil, Miller.

Why don't you move to someplace like South America and start a neo-Nazi Muslim holocaust.
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6669
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6745|United States of America

Spearhead wrote:

sieg heil, Miller.

Why don't you move to someplace like South America and start a neo-Nazi Muslim holocaust.
Great idea, want to be my second in command?
CameronPoe
+2,925|6544

Bubbalo wrote:

IIRC, Muslims recognise Jesus as a prophet, but not the prophet like Christians.  Same goes for Jews, I believe.  Jews, however, believe the prophet has yet to come, Muslims believe that Mohammed was the greatest prophet, but the prophet is never coming.  Yes/no/maybe?  Anyone?
Jews don't recognise Jesus as being anything more than an insurgent who shook up the religious establishment and ruffled a few rabbis' feathers.
Jejjk
My "Page Up" has never been used.
+40|6596|Sweden
I'm getting the feeling that muslims<christians.
There are approx. 1300000000 muslims in the world today (wikipedia.com)
Kill all? I'd say.... no.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6538|UK

Yet Jesus was a Jew :S.

In the UK, a lot whites are what I call 'casually racist' all you ever hear is, yea if they don't like it feck off to their own country.  Fact of the matter is, the 7/7 bombers, the failed 21/7, and the foiled ones of a few days ago, are British BORN, ergo, have the same rights and responsibilities you have.

These people aren't your enemy, their your God dam neighbourgh, heck If I decide to go out and reak havoc in the city tomorrow, will you label all Christians terrorist's?  These are the actions of a few who are manipulating there religion to try and justify there objectives.

Still I dunno what we can do now that we couldn't of done earlier, we've been fighting each other for thousands of year's, whats gonna change?

Finally, to the guy who thinks we should close the mosques in the US and UK.  Are you evening listening to your self, especially the US, is land of the free, where you can do whatever the hell you like as long as it is legal, expressing your faith is legal, so how can you possibly justify robing an American/British Muslim, his or her right to express their faith?

Last edited by Bell (2006-08-11 18:09:51)

zFeinT
+35|6658

PRiMACORD wrote:

I think you morons are forgetting that Muslims helped us thwart the latest 'attack'.

So now you want to racially profile and harass them, nice, i'm sure they'll want to help us more in the future...
And when they protest American policies by burning flags and shooting guns, all while burning an effigy of our leader... as you said "I'm sure they'll [we'll] want to help them," the actions of a few public voices won't affect anything in that manner.  It goes both ways.  By help, I mean humanitarian aid and the like.
MT_Androo
Banned
+122|6458|The Suburb at Karkand
pwnzored
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6527|Long Island, New York

PRiMACORD wrote:

Miller wrote:

brome wrote:

No.
I'd have to say I almost totally disagree with you.  I am uncomfortable with the way that Britain and most of the rest of Western Europe have become part and parcel with America.  This is a result of that.
This war isn't from the US trying to stop it, this is because they just plain hate us and want to see us dead. Please read the Koran.
There are 10 million Muslims in the US, every one i've met is friendly and as normal as they come.

Just because you're a country hick who has as much world experience as a tuna can doesn't mean we should listen to your backward views. Muslims have been here for a long ass time, most of them hate terrorists more then we do. Why? Because of all the racism this shit is causing towards them. Ironic but true.

Seriously, go out and meet a Muslim.
Agreed. My father is Jewish along with me (although not practicing, I know shit about my religion) and his wife/my stepmom is muslim (not practicing either). She's not an arab though, she's got Albanian roots. She's one of the nicest people I've ever met. So is her muslim family. She says that when she went to visit [albania], almost all of them said they love the US and want to move there one day. And they're muslim.

Not all muslims are "ZOMG KIL TEH KUFFARS!1!?!?!". Only 15 percent of muslims are extremists. The rest are a peaceful people normally.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6661|Colorado

mcminty wrote:

If you look at the 2 main opposing religions, you find striking similarities in their depiction of god:

-Allah is found in the Qur'an and in Arabic and Indonesian translations of the Bible. In the Qur'an, it refers to The Only God. www.wikipedia.org

-you shall have no other gods before me. (4) You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. (5) You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the Lord your God. www.wikipedia.org
Now, ya see that both sides believe in a single God, but each said that there can be only one. So, the shit hits the fan and everyone starts fighting over who is correct.
Then it would be the same God because the catholic church created the Muslim religion because they could not control them , so the pope told Mohammad that he could have great power & bring his people under one God, his god in fact, one of the many Idols in the Mecca.
Mohammad loved this idea & embraced it fully, & went to the mecca & cleared all the Idols out of it except his, then with the help of the pope made up the Koran & started to spread his prophet like words.
His people of course ate it up because it was coming from someone they could identify with.

For God's sake when will people understand that all religion is a lie perpetuated in order to control man by the strong hand of the church. Are all people really so gum-able that they will believe fantastic stories just to give themselves a moral & physical crutch. We are all brothers & we should all work towards the same common goal of advancing mankind into other colony's on other planets, we could already be at that stage but we are to busy bickering & fighting with each other. If we ever reach that point , I think that God would be happy, not the God of the books they say are from him, but the true God that waits for us to be refined so that we may again interact with him. You see I believe in reincarnation & the refinement of the soul over many lifetimes, you can tell whom the old souls are, you can feel previous bonds with people you have never met, you know your way thru a city you've never been in, you pick up what people are going to say before they say it.
I accept though that there is a possibility that I'm wrong, & am always open too new input, unlike all religions which are unwavering in the opinion that they are right.
2nDChancE
+4|6634

Poseidon wrote:

Not all muslims are "ZOMG KIL TEH KUFFARS!1!?!?!". Only 15 percent of muslims are extremists. The rest are a peaceful people normally.
There's 1.4 billion muslims in the world - 15% would be 210 million terrorists.

15% of the muslims in the world are not extremists, it's a much smaller number than that. You have the people that CNN show in Palestine all chanting around the burning effigy of G.W. Bush and so on, but, by and large, the majority of them are not extremists, they're just pissed off at some of the US's international policies (sometimes understandably so), live in abject poverty and poorly educated. That's a perfect recipe for anger.

Muslim extremists are no different than the Christian wackos that blow up abortion clinics or hold anti-war rallies next to deceased soldiers funerals. Some people are just bent.

I've read the Bible and quite a bit of the Koran. Given the fact Islam and Christianity are both monotheistic/Abrahamic religions, you'd think the similarities would far exceed the differences but that isn't my impression of Islam. The Koran is an "interesting" book, to say the least. Not that the Bible isn't without its oddities, but some of the Koran bordered on the bizarre. People should read it - it would help you understand a little more where the extremist muslims are coming from.
11sog_raider
a gaurdian of life
+112|6448|behind my rifle

Miller wrote:

What do you peace lovers think?  We have just stopped what could have been larger than 9/11.  Notice, their target was US soil, but they planned to use British to get to us.  Now that this is starting to be accepted as world war three, there is no turning back.  Terrorism will end here, or the world as we know it is screwed to hell.  Not only is this proof for us that want want in Iraq, Iran, and support Israel, that they don't care who they hit, but those people were radicals born, and raised in Britain.  My opinion is we send everything we have into the middle east. No holding back, you see something suspicious, you shoot to kill.  We should also close all mosques in the US and Britain.  It's war now people, no one is innocent.
i hear you
Jusster
Pimpin aint Easy
+11|6466|H-Town

TrollmeaT wrote:

Then it would be the same God because the catholic church created the Muslim religion because they could not control them , so the pope told Mohammad that he could have great power & bring his people under one God, his god in fact, one of the many Idols in the Mecca.
Mohammad loved this idea & embraced it fully, & went to the mecca & cleared all the Idols out of it except his, then with the help of the pope made up the Koran & started to spread his prophet like words.
His people of course ate it up because it was coming from someone they could identify with.
LOL

Where did you get this info from?

Jusster
jonsimon
+224|6484
The bombs the alleged terrorists were going to make in this conspiracy were TATP bombs. The creation of those bombs would have been physically impossible on the duration of the flight, as TATP can take upwards of 24 hours to create in a completely stable, air evacuated, climate controlled environment, none of which would have been conditions present on the plane.

Another false accusation by the Atlantic Triumverate.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard