Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6712|UK

coreinflames wrote:

Samtheman53 wrote:

I'm talking about the punish feature, why is it there?

Say; you TK someone they forgive your like "Its a good job you forgave" or if they punish "That was a ******* accident idiot".

But really why? You get -4 what ever the victim decides to do, punish or forgive, from now on I get angry weather or not I am punished because i still loose 4 points.

So: Is there any need for the punish/forgive feature?
Sorry to call you wrong but you are...

if someone forgives you get a -4 if someone punishes you get a -6

In some exceptions servers have the punish off in that case it wouldnt ask you to punish or forgive and you get a -4

thanks
Bf2 Major General Coreinflames

P.S. i didnt think a butter bar would not understand fully the way a punish / forgive works
im sorry im not wrong you are its -4 for a forgive or a punish
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6769|Toronto, ON

coreinflames wrote:

Samtheman53 wrote:

Say; you TK someone they forgive your like "Its a good job you forgave" or if they punish "That was a ******* accident idiot".

But really why? You get -4 what ever the victim decides to do, punish or forgive, from now on I get angry weather or not I am punished because i still loose 4 points.

In some exceptions servers have the punish off in that case it wouldnt ask you to punish or forgive and you get a -4

thanks

P.S. i didnt think a butter bar would not understand fully the way a punish / forgive works
Major General?  You fail.
Alpha as fuck.
Zukabazuka
+23|6702
Drived over a dude who left a vechile in full speed resulting I kill him, then he says its my fault =/ yup this game has the biggest tards. Sure more than 60% seems to punish anyone for every teamkill.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6698|Disaster Free Zone

Nyte wrote:

coreinflames wrote:

Samtheman53 wrote:

thanks

Major General?  You fail.
QFE. Fail, fail, fail... you are retarded, Maybe you should play somthing else like snap where the rules are simpler and you may be able to undersrtand them. Cause after 1333 hours and you still dont know how the punish system works you have a long way to go. Did you also know theres this thing you get playing support called an 'ammo bag' ever thought of using it??
[BF2s]Connor
The Young One
+20|6487|Wigan---Manchester---UK---
it gets on my fucking tits when you get -4 and thats without being punished!!!!

its fuking bullshit!

it needs to be sortied out
Jejjk
My "Page Up" has never been used.
+40|6624|Sweden

Samtheman53 wrote:

Agreed, I personally think that 4 TK's in a round should be = kick, so than you wouldn't have the need to punish or forgive.
Shure, a bomber pilot might accidently TK some dudes close to enemy armor or whatever, but if they know that 4 TK's in a round is automatic kick, then they have to take it easier, finding safe targets, and be more strategic. Everyone TK's once in a while, mostly unitentionally (?) and its a part of the game, and the most important is that there has to be a LIMIT to TK's, punished or not.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6698|Disaster Free Zone

[BF2s]Connor wrote:

its fuking bullshit!

negative... theres a solution to all your problems, dont team kill. There are very few instances where its not Your fault. Yes you may not mean it or it may have been an honest mistake but 95% of the time you had a major part in the ending result. Therefor take your -4 points for killing an ally soldier and hope your not retarded enough to get 4 in a game on people that punish.

You throw a grenade and someone runs into it, You still threw the grenade. People cant and wont always see what you are doing and never assume they care, they are not you and have a different impediate objective at the time.
You fire your gun and someones in the way, You shoot take responsabilty for what you shoot at, you are not forced to shoot.
You lay a mine/claymore and a friendly walks over it, Firstly you may ahve laid the mine in an unappropriate spot so its fully your fault. If it was laid properly then it is also the fault of the dead guy, but rember you still chose to lay the mine so take responsibilty for what you do.

The only 2 times its not your fault at all is when someone drives into your stationary vehicle and kills themselfs or someone runs under you vehicle near buildings where you have no chance to avoid or stop.
Turtle
+7|6774|Boulder, CO

DrunkFace wrote:

[BF2s]Connor wrote:

its fuking bullshit!

negative... theres a solution to all your problems, dont team kill. There are very few instances where its not Your fault. Yes you may not mean it or it may have been an honest mistake but 95% of the time you had a major part in the ending result. Therefor take your -4 points for killing an ally soldier and hope your not retarded enough to get 4 in a game on people that punish.

You throw a grenade and someone runs into it, You still threw the grenade. People cant and wont always see what you are doing and never assume they care, they are not you and have a different impediate objective at the time.
You fire your gun and someones in the way, You shoot take responsabilty for what you shoot at, you are not forced to shoot.
You lay a mine/claymore and a friendly walks over it, Firstly you may ahve laid the mine in an unappropriate spot so its fully your fault. If it was laid properly then it is also the fault of the dead guy, but rember you still chose to lay the mine so take responsibilty for what you do.

The only 2 times its not your fault at all is when someone drives into your stationary vehicle and kills themselfs or someone runs under you vehicle near buildings where you have no chance to avoid or stop.
Your fault his fault, if it was an accident... DON'T PUNISH. The punish system is there for servers that can't be constantly admined. The only thing I would change about punish is that it not carry over rounds. It sucks when you get some random tk's in the round and even tho the teammates you killed have no idea how you killed them or if it was an accident but they punish you anyway. Then two rounds later you're kicking ass and some dipshit runs in front of your jeep/tank and punishes you for it and you get kicked.
The system is an honor system, some people have no honor or respect and thusly punish everything. But the system is fine, it's the people that are broken.
I like it, even tho most of them time it's just assholes punishing for accidents there are also times when Mr. Primate joins the show and starts flinging c4 on teammates like it was his shit. And it just sucks ass to try to play on a server with punish off and no admins. Free reign for total jerkoffs whose only intent is to piss everyone off.
13rin
+977|6496
I got two tk's last night.  One was where a teammate decided to try catching my nade.  Jesus, the only thing missing from the whole thing was me typing in "GO LONG". 

The other was off of a claymore.  The bastad' ran towards me stopped.  And then watched me put it down.  I know because I was watching him before I put it down, to make sure he saw what I was doing.  Then he runs into it... DERRR.  They both punished.  I'm really careful where I put those things when FF is off, cause I've died several times from teammates spamming them.

I hardly ever punish unless it was on purpose so it pisses me off when it seems like people  have their finger resting on the page up key.

A cool stat would be to see how many time teamkilled to how many punishes given.

Last edited by DBBrinson1 (2006-08-11 12:07:53)

I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard