Cobra4545
Jizz in my pants
+54|6498|Vancouver, USA
I personally like the buildings just north of the city entrance in Sharqi.  I have had many good sniping games from those.  It offers a good vantage point of the alleyway, surveillance post, and city entrance
eagles1106
+269|6603|Marlton, New Jersey.
the middile of the PLA runway on wake island if your playing as the USMC, it seriously owns.
Cobra4545
Jizz in my pants
+54|6498|Vancouver, USA
I know this doesn't relate to anything about sniping, but i just signed up today on this website and I was wondering how I could post my stats in my signature.
eatmywheaties
+2|6778
I'll say try posting up on the buildings between the mosque and east side palace on warlord. 

you can pick at anyone on the palace balconies, roof, and also anyone crazy enough to jump on the mounted MG.

You still have a great frontal view of the mosque, and can also zip line out of there if things get hairy.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6646|Warlord

Cobra4545 wrote:

I know this doesn't relate to anything about sniping, but i just signed up today on this website and I was wondering how I could post my stats in my signature.
Search is your friend:
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=33031
sidneysmut
Banned
+13|6611
the building near suburbs on mashtuur where you can shoot down onto the mosque, troops making their way from powerplant and even troops near hotel.

however, EVERYBODY knows this spot. my new favourite is a building near there that you have to jump across to. no ladder up to this building so if you are sniping there everyone looks up at the obvious building with the ladder. i have had some great rounds there.

on sharqi i love the crane even though it is so obvious, however, i don't go all the way to the top. it is less obvious, i feel, to go to the halfway platform and shoot from there. you don't get as far a field of vision but the shots you do take are closer and therefore a little easier. alleyway, construction, hotel, surveillance and long tv station shots are all possible.

karkand karkand karkand. yet to find a spot that i feel totally comfortable with. they all seem too obvious and because karkand is so popular it seems everyone knows them. recently i have tried not going up a building or going anywhere obvious and sniping from street level. had some ok rounds doing this but i have really given up on karkand sniping for now.

any tips for less obvious places on karkand?
dontfeedthenerd
+38|6566

sidneysmut wrote:

Karkand, I snipe behind tanks. Not directly behind, but I scope out AT boys trying to take out my team's armor and i get nice easy HS's. It keeps the armor alive longer, you can usually get some easy nade kills on Spec Ops boys running towards your armor as well.

Plus, infantry is usually thinking OH SHIT TANK when they see a tank and don't worry about the sniper following the tank.
sgt.sonner
the electric eel has got me by the brain banana
+146|6552|Denmizzark!!

dont_be_ss wrote:

go on a 64 player wake only server. be u.s and snipe from behind the arty at the far end. ive had hundreds of kills from there. it's very hard for other snipers to hit you and even tanks!
damnit your stats are nice..
Sharkerlen
+5|6523

Ilocano wrote:

gene_pool wrote:

I am uploading a movie now. REAL bad quality. with shitty music.   Please don't judge it is a movie. It is made to tell you a few paces I snipe. Not a masterpeice......Will edit with completion.
edit:

http://media.putfile.com/BF2-sniping-places

Didn't take me too long. If you don't like my places, ok. Cool. You have an opinion.
That last spot, for hitting the TV Station, is actually well known.  The shadows of the Construction site are "safer".  But I find that the roof of the building with the ramp (center flag of the 16-map) to the left of your last spot, is very good for taking out TV Station and those advancing to the TV Station.
Another good TV spot is the uphill road leading from the hotel to the construction (on the TV side).  Drop down right where the guardrail starts (on the hotel side of the road) and you get great coverage of the TV roof.  Plus you'll get all the guys climbing the hill to escape the TV station and advance on hotel.  You're covered with a good background and your head is masked by the guardrail you should be hiding behind.
bennisboy
+829|6665|Poundland

AK5489 wrote:

side of the road on sharqi

http://images6.theimagehosting.com/screen025.8e3.th.jpg

good for picking off mec snipers in the hills too
I was jus gonna say that spot
bennisboy
+829|6665|Poundland
wait jus remembered a great one for when lots of snipers are spawning on the TV station on sharqi. Spawn at hotel or construction site and drive or run to the building with the little terrace at the front thats at the bottom of the road heading downhill from construction to hotel on the tv station side, go on the terrace, clayy the stairs and use the edge of the building as cover, great angle for gettin ppeople on tv and they never look there.
sidneysmut
Banned
+13|6611

dontfeedthenerd wrote:

sidneysmut wrote:

Karkand, I snipe behind tanks. Not directly behind, but I scope out AT boys trying to take out my team's armor and i get nice easy HS's. It keeps the armor alive longer, you can usually get some easy nade kills on Spec Ops boys running towards your armor as well.

Plus, infantry is usually thinking OH SHIT TANK when they see a tank and don't worry about the sniper following the tank.
good idea matie! any others?
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6857

sidneysmut wrote:

dontfeedthenerd wrote:

sidneysmut wrote:

good idea matie! any others?
From under Vodniks is good too.  If some one doesn't take the Vodnik and run you over, or blow the damn thing up just for fun.
Windrider_Melb
Pwned so often there's an IPO.
+29|6524|Melbourne, Australia
On Sharqi I keep eyeing-up that really tall building next to the TV station and along the foreshore from hotel. Imagine a square. The first corner is the hotel, then going clockwise the second corner is construction site, the third corner TV station,  this would be the next corner (approximately).

It has no ladder, so you'd need to grab a lift off a friendly attack chopper. So I guess I'll probably never get to check it out...

\\'
Stags
+26|6675
Okay, I didn't much of this thread.  All good sniper locations are known by all good snipers, thus it makes them less effective.

As a sniper you should keep moving if you believe the enemy knows where you are.

I love when people snipe under vehicles... easy targets, expessially for AT people.

My favorite. I don't have one.  I seriously don't.  If it looks good I'll try it out.  And any I would mention have probably been said.  On Karkand (oh no another Karkand snipers lol), the hill above the Suburb its good for any kit really.   On Dalian, the hill south of the Construction site or the road NW of it.  On Kubra under the bridge (you know the catwalk thing) that is above the neutral base.  The guy who said behind the wake island arty that's a very good spot I love it (just watch out for cartilery).  On Stalemate, anywhere really.  On Gulf of Oman, Hotel is fun (one of the few roof top sniper locations I like), or any hill, the hut above the dock base (can't remembe the name).  The list could go on forever and ever sniper would hate me for revealing their positions.
SmilingBuddha
You laughin' at me, bitch?
+44|6668|Hong Kong
Mr.Casual
p-n*|3eergogglz
+136|6528|Minnesota eh
ur kidding right, i hate that spot, the whol eUSMC team can see u as they come doen the hill
Dersmikner
+147|6517|Texas
I really like climbing the smoke stacks at the factory at Karkand, and chuting down to the building that overlooks the factory. Even if they know you're there they can't do anything about it.

You can also climb the crane, claymore the top of the steps, and jump down to a similar spot at the factory.

You know what sometimes works? There's that building East of the Square that has two ladders, from which people snipe the Square. Well, if you stay on the ground floor and walk throughb that breezeway, you can claymore both side entrances (wall side and Square side) and pop people entering either the square or the 2 story building southeast of the square that is northeast of the hotel spawn. Rarely does anyone expect a sniper to be prone on the ground in a basically uncovered spot. You will get 5 or 6 easy kills before someone drills your ass.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6692|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
as Mec, round starts

Sharqui, spawn at alleyway, go towards Construction using the hill/road, go up the ladder on your left.  Making sure of course you have laid your two clays at the alleyway.

Oman - 2 Clays at construction, head for the train.

Theres many more I like they are just my fav two.
beerface702
+65|6712|las vegas
the ledge up top and under the bridge behind the power station on mashtuur is good

works well with a squad though, not so well lone wolf.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6568|Southeastern USA
I'm not telling
dontfeedthenerd
+38|6566
The problem with having your own little spot is that you're not proactively helping the team half the time.

What is the point of camping the damn power plant in Mashtuur if the action is concentrated around the Mosque?

It's too often I see a sniper restrict himself to one damn building the entire game. Sure you may never die but wth good to the team is your 3 kills going to do?

If you're going to be an effective sniper, and not plan on capturing flags, you better be a damn killing machine. Move to the action. Move sneakily yes, but move. The best part of having FF off on claymores is you can always come back to your old spot if the action moves back.

Sorry about the mini-rant but I just witnessed 3 snipers camped on top of the bridge in Mashtuur while the action was around the Mosque. raaaa
Twinn
+3|6550|Milwaukee, WI
Dragon Valley Size=32

As USMC

The Area 50-100m North of PLA's Frontlines. Plenty of cover to pick off all the nubs chilling on the hill. I get most of my kills in the first 5 minutes of the round.
SmilingBuddha
+44|6668|Hong Kong

Mr.Casual wrote:

ur kidding right, i hate that spot, the whol eUSMC team can see u as they come doen the hill
Actually nobody suspects that you're there.
SmilingBuddha
+44|6668|Hong Kong

kr@cker wrote:

I'm not telling
then why did you even post here

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard