[C4]LostMonkey
+0|6771|Norway
Okey, I'v been playing SF alot on SIngel player since I have lag and high ping. And I notice that the CP is very good at using the flashbangs against me. Since I play mostly on maps with NVG's I use them all the time.
So in this map i get a flashbang in the middle of my face, my screen goes white for some sec. After a few minutes I have my NVG's on and I get a flash in my face, I've heard that when using NVG's a flashbang will practicly kill ya, but I got my sight back after a much sorter time. So what I'm trying to say is that you get youre sight back while using NVG's faster than without them...Is this correct or am I just imagining it?
SMKpaladin
+0|6759|Germany
I think it's just imagination, I got a flashbang into my "face" while sitting in a tank and it took about 20 seconds (really it took very very long) for the screen to go back to normal, of course I tried everything from exiting the tank to looking on the ground while prone and even activating the NVG, but the screen still was white. I also tried putting on the NVG in some other situations and it helped me not a single bit, it seems that the time your screen is white differs, so maybe thats what happend in your case.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6862|Bryan/College Station, TX

SMKpaladin wrote:

I think it's just imagination, I got a flashbang into my "face" while sitting in a tank and it took about 20 seconds (really it took very very long) for the screen to go back to normal, of course I tried everything from exiting the tank to looking on the ground while prone and even activating the NVG, but the screen still was white. I also tried putting on the NVG in some other situations and it helped me not a single bit, it seems that the time your screen is white differs, so maybe thats what happend in your case.
One has to wonder why a flash bang would effect someone in a tank looking through special viewports that track and maintain visual on targets even through the firing process which would produce a rather large and bright flash from the muzzle break of a tank cannon. Flash bang I really don't think would be anything more than an annoyance to someone inside a tank or armored vehicle. I assume of course there is some tinting and that it's not just some open hole in the armor.

Now to any normal vehicle or person outside effects as normal.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
[C4]LostMonkey
+0|6771|Norway
I tested on how long the FB actually affected you and heres the scores:
With NVG you have a white screen for about 7-8 seconds, but you see clearly after 9-10 seconds.
Without NVG you see white for 6-7 seconds, but you take longer to see clearly, like 10-12 seconds.
With the Gas mask its the same as without NVG.
I still have to wait to check out how it is inside armor yet...
McCullough
+7|6856
Wouldn't you get blind if a flashbang exploaded right infront of you if using NVGs? I mean the NVGs increases the light sources so that you can see in the night. And a flash bang is pretty big light source as it is, and through NVGs  a flashbang flash should de brighter than the sun. So it should be the other way around, it should take longer to get back you vision if you get flashed wearing NVGs. And not so long without them.

Last edited by McCullough (2005-11-27 15:40:36)

ChiefCrash
Spawns in front of rockets and bullets
+4|6761

McCullough wrote:

Wouldn't you get blind if a flashbang exploaded right infront of you if using NVGs? I mean the NVGs increases the light sources so that you can see in the night. And a flash bang is pretty big light source as it is, and through NVGs  a flashbang flash should de brighter than the sun. So it should be the other way around, it should take longer to get back you vision if you get flashed wearing NVGs. And not so long without them.
all modern NVGs, military and civillian, have a kill switch.  when the objective lens (the input of the NVG) recieves more than XX amount of light (differs by model), it shuts off the NVG for a bit.  It really does this to protect the electronics, but has the added bonus of protecting yer purty little retinas...

so, in reality, a if you get flash banged with NVGs, i'd think you're hearing would be just as jacked up.  You'd see only black until you took the NVGs off, but then could see fine.  And, you're NVGs would need a minute or two to reset.
ronin1942
+-1|6861
i think the time you are affected is based on if you got full force flash i find if it is just out of site to my right/left then it only affects me for a sec or two ..... thats what ive experienced anyway
ChiefCrash
Spawns in front of rockets and bullets
+4|6761

ronin1942 wrote:

i think the time you are affected is based on if you got full force flash i find if it is just out of site to my right/left then it only affects me for a sec or two ..... thats what ive experienced anyway
i've noticed that too.  it appears your distance to the flash bang, as well as if you're actually looking at it vs. looking away will affect your effects...
[C4]LostMonkey
+0|6771|Norway
I just throwed the flash infront of me and looked straight ahead...
McCullough, you seen anything that EA realy maked so it would be exactly the same as in reality in this game?? If you have please share it with the rest of us!
McCullough
+7|6856
Aha so the NVGs has a kill switch, i didnt know that.

and [C4]LostMonkey if i see something  that is exactly the same in the game as in real life, you'll be the first to know.
[C4]LostMonkey
+0|6771|Norway
Thx McCullough, see you maybe when the next patch or BF3 is published^^

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard