M90Medic
Wiki Contributor
+2|6777|Medicland, sthlm

NamelessMarine wrote:

I've got SMG kills :-p
Your mama has herpes, which means I got it too. So there.
skizzz
+22|6832|Moore, Oklahoma
Let me clarify what I was saying with the anti tank kit... its the same concept if they use it to kill a PERSON NOT ARMOR thats 2 ft in front of them as using the 203 and bunny hopping and getting away with the kill. Thats just as frustrating as someone using nothing but tube the whole map, and if you say thats a different story then you are a moron.
skizzz
+22|6832|Moore, Oklahoma

Lazarus Tag'lim wrote:

skizzz wrote:

... thats just as gay...
What does your homophobia (which studies have shown is often indicative of the person having homosexual tendencies of their own) have to do with grenades and rockets?
Studies have also shown that people that point the finger at people are at the same time pushing their sexual desires on that person in their own way. btw it was a figure of speech I dont recall anywhere saying anything about sexuality so you might wanna get that checked out, because it sounds like you got some issues of your own.
BeforeGod
+0|6838|British Columbia

Lazarus Tag'lim wrote:

skizzz wrote:

... thats just as gay...
What does your homophobia (which studies have shown is often indicative of the person having homosexual tendencies of their own) have to do with grenades and rockets?
People that whine about others lack of political correctness on the internet are worse then noob tubers.
NamelessMarine
+0|6759
Accually I don't get irked by people SRAWing or ERYXing me to doom because 1) They're REALLY easy to dodge and 2) Its a weapon.  Its designed to kill.  It killed me.  Therefor, it has lived up to its purpose.
AmBiTiOnZ23
Shoot that guy ->
+29|6764

=NAA=TheTaxidermist wrote:

aardfrith wrote:

You've got to be kidding.  A stinger actually found the target it was aimed at?
A friend of a friend who's friend's brothers cousin plays BF2 got one hit on a chopper with the stinger.  God the stingers suck...  follow teammates better than enemies.
Somehow I actually got hit by a Stinger today while I was in a F-15B on Wake...
RKF77
+1|6774

AmBiTiOnZ23 wrote:

Somehow I actually got hit by a Stinger today while I was in a F-15B on Wake...
An F-15, eh? 
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6786

Of course, there's a secret underground hangar that opens after the US capture the airfiled and you get to grab F15's out of there.

Pfft, n00b.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6864|Cologne, Germany

BeforeGod wrote:

Lazarus Tag'lim wrote:

skizzz wrote:

... thats just as gay...
People that whine about others lack of political correctness on the internet are worse then noob tubers.
well, I don't know about that. It's a choice you make. Either you are politically correct, or you aren't. Why should it matter if it is on the internet or in RL ? Personally, I think it would be greatly appreciated if you kept to some form of common courtesy here.

It would also urge the gentlemen to refrain from discussing sexual preferences in this thread. That is clearly off-topic. Thank you.
-=Meshekal=-
+2|6765|United Kingdom
I've got nothing against those that use the n00b t00b.

Unless, it's ALL they use. The 'tards that fire off and kill one bloke, and then hang back and reload it when he/she/it could have quite easily gained 2 or 3 more kills using the weapons primary function. That sucks.

I've caught many a t00ber while reloading. I like to watch them panick as I run at them with a knife and stab them in the face. Most never think of changing weapon at times like that. Oh well, makes my knife badge easier to get.
||BFA||xZeler8
Expendable Miracle Worker
+1|6804

Krappyappy wrote:

people who complain about nade launchers are exactly like people who bitch about 'base raping.'

get over it. the weapon is in the game, and people will use them. they will use them in any way they like, and complaining does NOTHING whatsoever. figure out a way to get around it, or die. get a vehicle. go around and flank them. play in a squad with a medic. or better yet, pick up your own nade launcher and kill them.

good players don't complain, they get even.
negative...

n00b t00bing = gay
base raping = war (deal with it)...as i've stated in another thread, i VERY rarely participate in base raping (i instead choose to stay back to defend and take care of the sneaky bastards that get out), but if your team is bad enough to get caught on the wrong side of this (i have been on this team several times) then you have it coming, all you can do at that point is try to get out and cap a flag
RKF77
+1|6774

||BFA||xZeler8 wrote:

negative...

n00b t00bing = gay
How do you define "n00b t00bing"?
skizzz
+22|6832|Moore, Oklahoma

RKF77 wrote:

||BFA||xZeler8 wrote:

negative...

n00b t00bing = gay
have you even read this thread n00b t00bing is when someone uses the gren launcher all the time and usually bunny hops aka constantly jumping and nades you within 5 ft while jumping backwards so it doesnt kill him. Its rather annoying
BeefnCheez
+0|6768
n00b t00bing = a made up rule by scrubs who like to bitch about dieing.  Play to win, use any weapon or tactic that will give you the best advantage. And if you HAVENT READ THIS (especially if you disagree with me) you must read it now Click
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6812|England

BeefnCheez wrote:

n00b t00bing = a made up rule by scrubs who like to bitch about dieing.  Play to win, use any weapon or tactic that will give you the best advantage. And if you HAVENT READ THIS (especially if you disagree with me) you must read it now Click
Wow, I couldn’t agree more. Was about to post something similar but you seem to have done a better job.
lockandload
+0|6753
what else are we supposed to use the grenade attachment for..... as a signal flare perhaps its a game based on weapons it is your obligation to use those weapons to the best of your ability and for some the toob is a great weapon thousands of players out there use it     its not goin away so get used to it.
RKF77
+1|6774

skizzz wrote:

RKF77 wrote:

||BFA||xZeler8 wrote:

negative...

n00b t00bing = gay
have you even read this thread n00b t00bing is when someone uses the gren launcher all the time and usually bunny hops aka constantly jumping and nades you within 5 ft while jumping backwards so it doesnt kill him. Its rather annoying
Thanks, but I asked HIM, not you.

I ask because some people call it that when people fire it at their own boots in CQB to get a kill...but some call it that when it's used properly, too.  So next time, how about you let him answer?
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6864|Cologne, Germany

BeefnCheez wrote:

great read.

I am afraid though, this issue will never be resolved.
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6844|Belgium

BeefnCheez wrote:

Click
Hey I am one of those .01 (or more plausible 0.0001)% of human kind that actually knows about ATP – ADP, the citric cycle, and mitochondria... When is this going to reflect in my gaming skills? Or should this statement alone exclude me from further gaming improvement
*sigh*
Well, then I've got a completely other idea it's based upon a pyramid investment plan... You give me your money and than after some time...
R
TLW ChemWarrior
+0|6750
For those of you who complain about "one shot kills" from a distance with an M203 you need to go check this site out:
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/munitions/m406.htm
This shows that there is a published kill radius of 5 meters. For those that only know English mesurements that would be:
5 meter = 16.4041995 feet

I spent 8 years in the US Army, and for 3 of those years I was a 203 gunner. Speaking from experience I would rather be about 40+ feet away when something like an M203 HE round goes off. BTW... Kill radius means that anywhere within that area... you are toast... At 40 feet away you might be able to live, but you are not fighting anymore.

Also, firing point blank into a target with an M203 is entirely possible, and you will walk away as the person who fired. The round has to make 5 complete rotations out the end of the barrel before it will arm to explode. If you are the person who was fired at from point blank range though, you are going nowhere. The round leaves the barrel with a muzzle velocity of 246 fps. IMO a 40MM grenade passing completly through your body at point blank rangeis going to make you have a REALLY $hitty day...

I realize this isnt going to change anyones mind, but I really needed to point this out.

And I know I am a n00b and my kdr sux, but this is my only name, and I didn't make a new one once I got better

Last edited by TLW ChemWarrior (2005-11-28 14:49:51)

||BFA||xZeler8
Expendable Miracle Worker
+1|6804

RKF77 wrote:

skizzz wrote:

RKF77 wrote:

Thanks, but I asked HIM, not you.

I ask because some people call it that when people fire it at their own boots in CQB to get a kill...but some call it that when it's used properly, too.  So next time, how about you let him answer?
he pretty much nailed it i think...i have no problem getting killed with a grenade launcher, hell, if one guy gets me and 3 of my squad mates with one grenade then good for him...it's the bunny hopping, shooting at the ground, close proximity, only weapon used shit that i get tired of.
BurlySmurf
+1|6778|Nellis AFB

BeefnCheez wrote:

You sir are exactly right. All these "rules" that people make up are rediculous. As annoying as grenade launchers are they are a part of the game. Just like crashing your jet into a Blackhawk is part of the game. Sure it sucks, but he just stopped that BH from doing anything but waiting for a respawn.
NamelessMarine
+0|6759
To simplify it:  It is a weapon.  Weapons Kill.  Kill, Kill, KILL!
SlickWRX
+6|6767

skizzz wrote:

What do they call it when Anti-Tank use their Eryx when they are 2 ft away, thats just as gay and they never die from it, but you sure as hell do
I've died plenty of times from firing off the Eryx thinking it would clear a wall but it hits the wall 2 ft away from me.  I'm pretty sure the same would happen if I shot a tank from two feet away.  I'll have to test that.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard