ellmo
+0|6757
Okay, please stay out of any and all reference to Special Forces, I don't own it yet. What I need to know is, can I use the new unlocks EA describes at it's Battlefield site in *core* BF 2 without Special Forces. I know I've seen a few guys on Wake Island or other BF 2 maps with new unlocks, I got killed several times by FN 2000's GL, but can I unlock and use them just like previous unlocks when having required points?

And are there Grappling hooks and Zip lines in *core* BF 2?

Thanks for any help... I'm really very confused about this.
M90Medic
Wiki Contributor
+2|6777|Medicland, sthlm

No grappling hooks and such in BF2, only BF2SF.

Yes, you can use the new unlocks in BF2, but only if you have BF2SF. Sort of.
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6779|The Netherlands
but those flashbangs surprise me all the time. suddenly a total white screen really weird when you play normal BF. going to buy it soon
Fearnight
+0|6759
You cannot unlock the SF weapons in normal BF2 without SF. If you kill somebody with the SF weapon you can trade kits and use the weapon. Thats the only way.
Papa Smurf 314
Right in the Smurfin' parking lot?
+90|6793|New York
it's sort of like the pokemon games ... lmao
ellmo
+0|6757

Fearnight wrote:

You cannot unlock the SF weapons in normal BF2 without SF. If you kill somebody with the SF weapon you can trade kits and use the weapon. Thats the only way.
Forcing us to buy SF ? That's not really nice... but I guess I'm gonna have to buy it.

Do BF2:SF and core BF2 scores count the same? I mean, either you play SF or BF, the points you ear go to the same basket?
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6797|NRW,Germany

ellmo wrote:

Do BF2:SF and core BF2 scores count the same? I mean, either you play SF or BF, the points you ear go to the same basket?
Yes, alls stats are in the same basket so you can actually obtain BF2 badges in SF and the time you spent using the different kits counts towards the SF badges.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6871|"Frisco"

Yes
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6786

But you can't get the flashbang badge in a vanilla BF2 game.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6864|Cologne, Germany

I want that damn flashbang in BF2 ! Need one more Assault Unlock ! That would be so useful in clearing out enemy foxholes and inside buildings.

Oh well, just 22,000 more points to go...
warco3
+1|6752|Orlando, FL
I can see this is gonna get old really fast because it's in every freakin post, and I'm going to post this same comment every time. PEOPLE, STOP COMPLAINING AND BUY THE FREAKIN EXPANSION ALREADY YOU CHEAPASS CRYBABIES! Be glad you don't have to pay a freakin monthly subscription fee and if you don't like it DON'T PLAY! Have a nice freaking day.
B.Schuss

warco3 wrote:

I can see this is gonna get old really fast because it's in every freakin post, and I'm going to post this same comment every time. PEOPLE, STOP COMPLAINING AND BUY THE FREAKIN EXPANSION ALREADY YOU CHEAPASS CRYBABIES! Be glad you don't have to pay a freakin monthly subscription fee and if you don't like it DON'T PLAY! Have a nice freaking day.
you too
Buzerk1
+44|6859
Yes you can unlock weapon if you don't have BF2:SF... but you do need  a friend who has it.

Figure the rest...
mort4u
Artillery catcher
+5|6862|Munich, Germany

Buzerk1 wrote:

Yes you can unlock weapon if you don't have BF2:SF... but you do need  a friend who has it.

Figure the rest...
what he said
B.Schuss

mort4u wrote:

Buzerk1 wrote:

Figure the rest...
what he said
lol ?

I cannot figure out the rest, obviously. then again, I have SF, so what the heck...
Aruba-Prime
[Expert Smoke Grenade]
+44|6798|Hamburg, Germany
AND WE GET A NEW EXPANSION IN MARCH! 
How do you like that..... 
shingara
+0|6797|the motherland uk

Aruba-Prime wrote:

AND WE GET A NEW EXPANSION IN MARCH! 
How do you like that..... 
what new expantion, i want this fixing first, and i want to play the normal maps in bf2/sf too its lameass not being able to
Gin
+0|6796
I just recieved my last unlock for reg BF2. it would not let me unlock anything sf new. all i could unlock was the PKM (the only unlock i didnt have yet). yeehaw expansion pack here i come grrrrrrrrrrrr
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6816

ellmo wrote:

Okay, please stay out of any and all reference to Special Forces, I don't own it yet. What I need to know is, can I use the new unlocks EA describes at it's Battlefield site in *core* BF 2 without Special Forces. I know I've seen a few guys on Wake Island or other BF 2 maps with new unlocks, I got killed several times by FN 2000's GL, but can I unlock and use them just like previous unlocks when having required points?

And are there Grappling hooks and Zip lines in *core* BF 2?

Thanks for any help... I'm really very confused about this.
Without referring to the game you want use to stay away from referring to,  no.

Then again, don't worry about it.  The new weapons aren't superior to the current weapons, much like the l85a1 is worse than the MEC's standard medic weapon.  The only one I actually like is the mg30 - the support weapon.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6798|Noizyland

I'm just thankful that BF2 dosn't have monthly subscription thing like WoW, (which my friends play and I despise.) If they ever bring that in I will murder them.
I personally can't wait until I can play SF. It looks and sounds awesome. Some of those new unlocks would be handy too, I'm owed about four unlocks.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard