DUFFKING
Insert witty comment here
+3|6759|Brixham, UK
Having gotten the game working at last, this is becoming stupid - im trying to load devil's perch right now, but the game has gone through the loading tune 4 times now. I know it was optimising shaders, but it shouldn't take that long, warlord only had to go through the loading music once...

Has anyone else had an absoloutly ridiculous loading time?

And upon typing this message, my game now tells me the connection to the server has been lost. That's twice i've had that happen on devils perch.

EDIT: The game then immeadiatly changed to normal BF2 instead of SF...

EDIT: It just hung at the 'Starting server' screen in single player for over a minute... I figured that running each of the maps in SP so the shaders can sort themselves out might help.

EDIT: If I connect to a server and the server is full the game crashes to desktop

Last edited by DUFFKING (2005-11-27 05:27:46)

Knochenmann_AUT
+1|6727
Here me!

The loding time is > 3 min, and after that, it takes ~8 mins to veryfy my data.... and after that, I usaly got kicked - for doing nothing. For me it's inpossible to play SF maps.

That seems to be an uncommon error, I ask in the german board, but I was the only one with that. till I read that Thread, I was blaming my system for that.
Kriznik
+0|6772

Knochenmann_AUT wrote:

Here me!

The loding time is > 3 min, and after that, it takes ~8 mins to veryfy my data.... and after that, I usaly got kicked - for doing nothing. For me it's inpossible to play SF maps.

That seems to be an uncommon error, I ask in the german board, but I was the only one with that. till I read that Thread, I was blaming my system for that.
yes SF really loading/verifing much more longer than BF .. dunno why ... it sux, EA doesnt care about optimizing
divided
Clear!
+3|6774
Whenever I optimize shaders in bf2 or sf I'm stuck on 62% for at least 7 minutes.  It didn't do this before I installed sf.  When I'm not optimizing shaders I load in less than a minute.
C.Keen
Aliens Ate My Babysitter
+0|6810|UK
I should imagine the verifying time takes longer now because there's more data (BF2 files + SF files) to verify as compared to before (just BF2 files).
Rakasan
+7|6838|California, USA
same here, always stuck on 62% for a while then it pick ups
Kriznik
+0|6772

C.Keen wrote:

I should imagine the verifying time takes longer now because there's more data (BF2 files + SF files) to verify as compared to before (just BF2 files).
ok ... so EA definitely suxx, if this is optimization im king of china!
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6739|The Hague, Netherlands

I had that problem also in the beginning, loading stopt at 15% and then at 62%(For long periods), but know my SF Loads almost at the same speed as Bf2 ...
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
C.Keen
Aliens Ate My Babysitter
+0|6810|UK

Rakasan wrote:

same here, always stuck on 62% for a while then it pick ups
That's the point where it does the shader optimisation.
DUFFKING
Insert witty comment here
+3|6759|Brixham, UK
At least i'm not the only one. Everything seems alright now, at least on the maps that i've run in single player.

I have to optimise shaders for each individual map, right?
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6756|The Netherlands
mostly you only have to do it once every time you change video settings, installing a new driver, or with new BF2 software
Knochenmann_AUT
+1|6727
Hi,

I fixed the problems with the loading time.

-Deinstall BF2 and SF
- Defrag the HD
- Install BF2
- Install SF
- Run the 1.12 Patch.

Now the loading time in SF is almost the same als in normal BF2, and the verifing time is 30 sec to 1 min... and not longer 8 min.

But I still have no sound from the ATV. Maybe i have to update my audiogy.
McCullough
+7|6839
Well i've Optimized my system many times now, and now it finaly seems like it completly Optimized. Now i have a loading time of 3-6 minutes, It sucks,.
Xicer
+0|6777

Knochenmann_AUT wrote:

Hi,

I fixed the problems with the loading time.

-Deinstall BF2 and SF
- Defrag the HD
- Install BF2
- Install SF
- Run the 1.12 Patch.

Now the loading time in SF is almost the same als in normal BF2, and the verifing time is 30 sec to 1 min... and not longer 8 min.

But I still have no sound from the ATV. Maybe i have to update my audiogy.
What are your specs dude?
Also, if anyone here has 2GB+ of RAM, please post the length of your loading times. I want to see how much of an imporvement it does.
Jodah3
+1|6740
An insane amount of RAM isn't necessary to get a reasonable loading time.  I'm running a P4 2.4 GHz, 1GB RAM (PC3200) and load the game in ~60sec and verify in ~60sec.  I do, however, keep a very clean hard drive when possible.  I generally reformat every couple of months, defrag regularly, and trim down any unnecessary waste of cpu cycles.  I have XP Pro and run I think 18 processes max at any time.

That said, RAM is the cheapest part to upgrade, so I see myself grabbing another GB within the next month or two
Lt.Maverick|Lw|
youve now just been Pwned by the Mavster
+-1|6725
Id agree and just say EA sux(shit)
LoaderX
+-1|6758|Tucson, Arizona
I have zero problems with load times (1.5 mb ram).  If you look at where you are at when the bar stops, you may need to ajust your video settings.  I have a ATI X700 most setting set to medium and I only wait 30 secs max.

EDIT-  Make sure you have the latest drivers for everything also...

Last edited by LoaderX (2005-11-29 17:13:41)

Lt.Maverick|Lw|
youve now just been Pwned by the Mavster
+-1|6725
I have the latest drivers and plenty of ran,i plumed for a nivida card
Xicer
+0|6777
I got 1GB of RAM, a 2.8 GHz processor, and a radeon x800XL video card with the newest drivers, and I have everything set on medium, yet it takes about 5 minutes to load the map, then about another 2-3 to verify, I also lag horribly in-game.
BurlySmurf
+1|6756|Nellis AFB
Wow, those times are insane. Like LoaderX I wait 15-30s to verfiy and the load times aren't much longer. Running Athlon 3500+, 1gig of low latency ram, and a GForce 6800 GT overclocked. I play with all my settings on high and usually run FRAPS too.

A friend of mine has loading issues as well and runs a similar setup as I do. Doesn't make much sence.
Knochenmann_AUT
+1|6727

Xicer wrote:

What are your specs dude?
Also, if anyone here has 2GB+ of RAM, please post the length of your loading times. I want to see how much of an imporvement it does.
1,5 G RAM, a 2.8 GHZ P4 and a X800 Pro.

The funny ting: after i mad the new installation of BF2, SF card were running pretty fast. I got 3 map rotations, with a very good loading time. But after that, I got a hard disk crash (was beating on the table after a team kill), and after the reboot, the loding times were shit again!

So maybe the error is related somehow to the hard disk. I have ordered a new one, and will exchange it on the weekend. Maybe this will improve the performance.
LoaderX
+-1|6758|Tucson, Arizona
I run a very clean system.  No extra crap running.  All I have running is core system apps, hardware apps, Xfire and TeamSpeak.  Another thing that will kill a system is anti-virus software.  If you have it where it scans on every read and write your performance will take a HUGE hit.  Plus, I am only using about 15% of my space on my 120 GB HD

Most my graphics setting are on medium for performance.  Yeah it's cool to see the nice pretty terrain and shimmering water, but it's not needed.  Also, make sure your actual video card settings are not max'd out.  Let the BF2 video settings run the show.  Try all standard settings on your card then move them up to the point where load times lag, then adjust.

One thing I do notice, when I do change my settings whether it be because I updated drivers or just screwing around, the progress slows in two areas, Geometry and Collisions.

System (custom built)-
3.0 Ghz P4 Intel
Intel D865PERL MoBo
1.5 GB DDR400 PC133 Mem
120 GB IBM 7200 rpm HD (Primary)
60 GB Maxtor ??? rpm HD
ATI X700 Video
Viewsonic A70F 17" monitor
Creative Labs XGamer 5.1 Sound (old as hell but works great) w/ JLB speaks
Microsoft wireless KB and mouse
Logitech G5 mouse
Microsoft Trackball Explorer
Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS stick and throttle
6 total fans

My system isn't all that great and my load times are WAY fast compared to what I've been reading...

Last edited by LoaderX (2005-11-30 01:21:32)

TheMajorBummer
Have a nice day!
+-4|6826|Netherlands

Xicer wrote:

I got 1GB of RAM, a 2.8 GHz processor, and a radeon x800XL video card with the newest drivers, and I have everything set on medium, yet it takes about 5 minutes to load the map, then about another 2-3 to verify, I also lag horribly in-game.
insufficient ram
Jodah3
+1|6740

TheMajorBummer wrote:

Xicer wrote:

insufficient ram
It's insufficent only if you're careless with what you do to your computer.  I have 1GB RAM and my load times are fine and my in game performance is perfectly fine.  I haven't measured it, but I guess I'm at ~30 FPS, which is perfectly fine for me.  I'd have to check at home but I'm pretty certain I have <200MB RAM in active use when I start BF2, and for me the BF2 application uses ~650MB of RAM, so I have room to spare.
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6734|Singapore

Jodah3 wrote:

An insane amount of RAM isn't necessary to get a reasonable loading time.  I'm running a P4 2.4 GHz, 1GB RAM (PC3200) and load the game in ~60sec and verify in ~60sec.  I do, however, keep a very clean hard drive when possible.  I generally reformat every couple of months, defrag regularly, and trim down any unnecessary waste of cpu cycles.  I have XP Pro and run I think 18 processes max at any time.

That said, RAM is the cheapest part to upgrade, so I see myself grabbing another GB within the next month or two
Hmm i have a 256 stick and a 512 stick, can i add a gb of ram or is 256 more appropriate?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard