Zanzura
Shallow and Pedantic
+2|6695|Toronto, Ontario, Canada

DoNER90 wrote:

Zanzura wrote:

.......Africa, and about the child rape(ughh.) cases in South Africa. So really, I have no idea why you two decided to play the "Fuck America" card.
becuase you guys played  the "Fuck South Africa" Card
Ok... you seriously need to read the entire thread again. The only people in this thread who said South Africa is a shithole or anything like that is Kimosabe-sa and delta4bravo.nl.

Kimosabe-sa wrote:

I think we can make a broad statement and say that Africa is a shit hole and even if it had to burn to the ground..would any one notice?
Kimosabe, who is SOUTH AFRICAN says South Africa is a shit hole from his view.

delta4bravo*nl* wrote:

I can tell you that it is not only south afrika where the shit hits the fan..
There are to many country to name em all, but a couple of bad places to go are:
Sierra leone
Liberia
burkina faso
Somalia
fuck it Been there 7 times in 14 countries and I aint going back...never again.
Delta4bravo, who IS AMERICAN who speaks from his experience in South Africa and other countries says that he would prefer not to go back to any of those countries.

I think you should check everyone's profile before you go off and classify everyone here as an "American Infidel". Especially me, since I'm CANADIAN. Also you said "you guys" which I assume means you're classifying pretty much everyone who posted in this thread as an American.

Last edited by Zanzura (2006-08-09 15:36:41)

Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6584

Zanzura wrote:

Kimosabe, who is SOUTH AFRICAN says South Africa is a shit hole from his view.
And yet, whenever someone from America says it has problems, they get told they don't know how lucky they are.  No double standard at all.............
|AIA| DAS
+23|6520|Me Dad's Wilkins

4king_Brilli@nt wrote:

You guys are what we call here in South Africa "typical Americans". You don't have a clue on what is going on and make stereotypical judgements on maybe one tiny rumor. Yes there is crime in South Africa but it is just the same anywhere else in the world. Get your facts straight. If your country had the AIDS problem then you would find the exact same stories of people trying to 'cure' AIDS by the means mentioned in the topic. Do us a favour, stop stereotyping our wonderful country. The best thing of all is that our local BF2 players 99% of the time don't punish, unlike you American smacktards.
https://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n191/AIADAS/not_this_shit_again.jpg

This is not a Bash Americans thread, the only person that said anything derogatory about your country, was someone from your country.  READ THE POSTS...
Kimosabe-sa
+11|6712|Port Elizabeth, South Africa
South Africa does fucken suck. No reason yank bash, cos there is enough of that going on around here.

And to those South africans that say its not that bad here...Bullshit and you know it,  every day people are getting killed and raped.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6572|Southeastern USA

4king_Brilli@nt wrote:

You guys are what we call here in South Africa "typical Americans". You don't have a clue on what is going on and make stereotypical judgements on maybe one tiny rumor. Yes there is crime in South Africa but it is just the same anywhere else in the world. Get your facts straight. If your country had the AIDS problem then you would find the exact same stories of people trying to 'cure' AIDS by the means mentioned in the topic. Do us a favour, stop stereotyping our wonderful country. The best thing of all is that our local BF2 players 99% of the time don't punish, unlike you American smacktards.
dude this started as a south african responding to a thread by us americans talking about how bad the crime in some of our cities are (maybe just coincidence that the threads started around the same time, but that's how i took it), all that has been said is that "crime = bad, it sucks that south africa has crime requiring flame throwing cars", no one on here said that "south africa sucks", I think, guess I may need to re-read all the posts again to make sure
RD_The_Dog
+87|6560
I'm a twenty year old South African, born and bread.  Never left the country.  South Africa is an awesome country.  Its Beutiful, the women (especially in Cape Town, where im from) are regarded as the most beautiful in the World.  Cape Town is a city that ranks up their with the top ten cities in the world, including London, Paris, New york etc.

Kimosabe, if its such a shit hole, then please leave.  South Africans could do without that sort of mentalitity
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6572|Southeastern USA
i want to go surfing there, but i don't want to get eaten by sharks there, still planning on going some time
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6676

RD_The_Dog wrote:

I'm a twenty year old South African, born and bread.  Never left the country.  South Africa is an awesome country.  Its Beutiful, the women (especially in Cape Town, where im from) are regarded as the most beautiful in the World.  Cape Town is a city that ranks up their with the top ten cities in the world, including London, Paris, New york etc.

Kimosabe, if its such a shit hole, then please leave.  South Africans could do without that sort of mentalitity
Cape Town is a small part of South Africa, and mainly thrives on tourism.  This isn't the case for the rest of South Africa.  In my opinion acknowledging problems is the first step to fixing them, and is far more patriotic than ignoring them.  Do you acknowledge the problems facing your country?
Sea_JayUK
+19|6546|Notts

Kimosabe-sa wrote:

Now i know most of you that post here are Americans and think that your crime is really bad, well sorry its not.
I would ask that you guys just check out the site below and read some of the stories. So you can see what a fucked up place South Africa is.

For all the soccer supporters out there, soon the world cup will be coming to South Africa, so keep that in mind when you read the site. Send it to you friends and family that may or may not be coming to support there teams during the world cup.

Its a very messed up site, death, rape more death and even more rape...it goes on and on. South Africa is a hell hole and if you or any one you know wants to come here...dont!

http://www.crimexposouthafrica.org/
On a more serious note, it's not 'soccer' it's football. What you call football is in fact American Football...

FIFA
EVieira
+105|6501|Lutenblaag, Molvania

4king_Brilli@nt wrote:

Damn, you are brilliant. You are trying to tell people to stop sterotyping your country by sterotyping "typical Americans". Truly f&*king brilliant...

Last edited by EVieira (2006-08-09 18:56:27)

"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered;  the point is to discover them."
Galileo Galilei  (1564-1642)
Ryan86th
+14|6525|Ohio

delta4bravo*nl* wrote:

Sierra leone
Liberia
burkina faso
Somalia
ya misspelled africa, ya sure you've been there 7 times?
deeeng
+1|6510|Nuremberg - Germany

Ryan86th wrote:

delta4bravo*nl* wrote:

Sierra leone
Liberia
burkina faso
Somalia
you write it with a k in dutch and he is probably from the netherlands.
topthrill05
+125|6601|Rochester NY USA

Ryan86th wrote:

delta4bravo*nl* wrote:

Sierra leone
Liberia
burkina faso
Somalia
I think he is dumb ass.
BVC
+325|6719
If you don't want AIDS, don't get in the pool.

Are those anti-carjacking flamethrowers very popular?
Kimosabe-sa
+11|6712|Port Elizabeth, South Africa
naa the flame throwers nevere really caught on to my knowledge.
<A>BioGizzard
+0|6494|Kempton Park - South Africa
the guy that made the first post lives in PE, i think we need to visit him and teabag the crap out of him.

crime is crime and you get it everywhere. look at this:
South africa: http://www.nationmaster.com/country/sf-south-africa/cri-crime
United states: http://www.nationmaster.com/country/us-united-states/cri-crime

if you let crime be the judge of where you go and what you do you'll have to build a nuclear bunker
under you're house and hope no-one notices, because you would be one paranoid mofo, afraid of his own shadow.

i'm sure every country in the world has it's good points and bad ones.
Having a debate about who's is the best will get us nowhere

If you don't like RSA kemosabe feel free to imagrate to another country,
where you'll realize that the grass is nice and green on that side of
the fence because of the same bullsh!t, it only gets more water.

oh btw, we don't have animals walking in the streets here. lots of people think
we are a third world country complete with straw houses and wilderness all around.
All of them get a big shock when they land here and realize our neighbourhoods
look exactly like theirs only we have more trees.

Last edited by <A>BioGizzard (2006-08-10 00:58:54)

|BFC|Icenflame
+11|6500|Cape Town - South Africa
yeah they never really took off! look I think that this has gotten out of hand, everyone at some stage generalizes I know when the war started I was angry at Americans for the whole situation when there is war 3rd world countries suffer the most the interest rate has gone up 2% since the invasion and now I'm paying 9.5% on my homeloan ! 9.5%... But I relized I cannot blame the actions of a few on the majority of a nation.

Now I know that Americans are extremal patriotic more so than most nations in the world which is great. I am a South African i know what its like to be in the the minority trust me. And it is wrong for anyone to assume that all the members here are American...

I mean how often do we get to speak to people from other countries and learn their experiences? Unfortunate the turn of events in the middle east has caused alot of people to forget that it may not be the express wishes of many Americans to invade 2 separate counties and occupy them...

Like I said the  actions of a few shed a bad light on the many. Its unfortunate but true. Sure I have been affected by crime I've been mugged at gun point, knife point there's been a smash and grab (they smash your car window at a robot and steal your mobile phone etc) I have witnessed a street execution!

now alot of people will never go through what I have and I hope they don't but that doesn't make me want to leave! In fact I want to stay and sort the crap out in this county !

Now lets all get along of course our countries have problems we should really all blame the french ! lol haha joking !
|BFC|Icenflame
Bio I'm with you I think we should take him to the air port and tell him to get on a plane an frack the flip out of the country if he has such an issue with it !
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6676

|BFC|Icenflame wrote:

Bio I'm with you I think we should take him to the air port and tell him to get on a plane an frack the flip out of the country if he has such an issue with it !
I can see the effects of 'brain-drain' must be really starting to bite, if you represent the views of the average South African...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/2149297.stm

And you might want to link a source which doesn't show your country as probably the worst in the world.  Remember that the total number of crimes is meaningless without regard to the population, and if you look carefully you'll see:

SA:

Murders (per capita)     0.496008 per 1,000 people     [2nd of 62]
Murders with firearms (per capita)     0.719782 per 1,000 people     [1st of 32]
Rapes (per capita)     1.19538 per 1,000 people     [1st of 65]

USA:

Murders (per capita)     0.042802 per 1,000 people     [24th of 62]
Murders with firearms (per capita)     0.0279271 per 1,000 people     [8th of 32]
Rapes (per capita) 0.003427 per 1,000 people [unranked on link, 0.2% of the per capita of SA]
|BFC|Icenflame
lol granted granted !

look buddy I'm not saying that south Africa is without its problems believe me but I'm not going to leave just because the crime is bad. I'm not going to be a negative force I would rather use my time and give it to a charity and help solve the situation instead of complain about it.

Anyone can build a website slamming or highlighting an issue. But if u ask the guy to help with a solution and then the mouth is shut. All I'm saying is for someone to stop being destructive and start to get constructive. We have enough negative people in south Africa.

I have duel citizenship and you don't see me running away form the country I'm staying put to help sort out this counties issues no matter how small of a role i may play I'm going to try and help rectify the situation not highlight it !
<A>BioGizzard
+0|6494|Kempton Park - South Africa

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

|BFC|Icenflame wrote:

I can see the effects of 'brain-drain' must be really starting to bite, if you represent the views of the average South African...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/2149297.stm

And you might want to link a source which doesn't show your country as probably the worst in the world.  Remember that the total number of crimes is meaningless without regard to the population, and if you look carefully you'll see:

SA:

Murders (per capita)     0.496008 per 1,000 people     [2nd of 62]
Murders with firearms (per capita)     0.719782 per 1,000 people     [1st of 32]
Rapes (per capita)     1.19538 per 1,000 people     [1st of 65]

USA:

Murders (per capita)     0.042802 per 1,000 people     [24th of 62]
Murders with firearms (per capita)     0.0279271 per 1,000 people     [8th of 32]
Rapes (per capita) 0.003427 per 1,000 people [unranked on link, 0.2% of the per capita of SA]
that's very pretty you know how to count woopy

my point wasn't to continue the pissing contest, but to show you that there is crime in every country, it doesn't matter who has the most of it, because there are people everywhere effected by it, instead of proving how smart we are and how well we can piss on each others failures, why don't we learn from each other or try and help the people effected by crime or even help the governments of our countries to reduce crime.

there are so many screwed up thing in the world do we really need to diss each other aswell? just because some a@shole rapes woman for a living and it makes us win the most dangerous country award?

positive change is in our hands. what will we leave our children when we die? a guide to great -epenis debating? or a safe place to live in?
SlipperyDuck
+0|6494
GREAT IMPRESSION OF SOUTH AFRICA!

South Africa is actually a fantastic place.
Crime is severe in some places and the percentage of the population living in poverty plays a part in that.
I don't think it's fair of anyone to say that South Africa is HELL - it ain't - Johannesburg CBD is HELL, maybe.
I think some posts by the younger generations may be distorted, Stats from NEWS and other Media play a part.
What you have to realise is because of the poverty, there are a lot of Rural areas where life is hard.
No policing in those area's. "Tradditional" cultural lifestyles in those areas.
You get a lot of Statistics generated from these Rougher area's.

Not to say that there ain't problems, most of the City CBD's have crime problems with Hijackings etc.
But that happens all over the world. The Criminals have a lot less respect for life here, so violent crime is often associated with petty crime.

So to summarize, we have our share of problems, so does everyone else.
I love this country, I've lived here my entire life, 30 years -- The Good people are better here than anywhere else, just ask any foreigner who visits.
Africa needs financial help to resolve the poverty problems, which will ZAP the crime to near oblivion - thats a fact. There is no better rainbow nation where everybody actually gets along and tries their damndest to make Nelson Mandela's dream of a unmified people come to light.

Stop the ranting - YOU are the problem
JahManRed
wank
+646|6651|IRELAND

My Uncle has a bar in Capetown for 15 years now. The tally is as now:
3 members of staff killed.
8 Customers killed.
Countless ppl have been seriously wounded. He says its an upmarket bar.

You can legally fit your car with flame throwers to torch ppl who try to car jack you. You can electrify the body of your car to fry car thief's. Its an extreme country created by extremists.
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6676

SlipperyDuck wrote:

Stop the ranting - YOU are the problem
Joker... you are ranting about people ranting, and end with the statement that the people ranting are the problem....

which, according to your rant, would include yourself...
beerface702
+65|6716|las vegas
Africa is FUBAR

but US still has a high crime rate

kinda of sad

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard