Poll

do your consider this stat padding?

yes19%19% - 14
no80%80% - 58
Total: 72
rambo_killin_SOB
bunny hopping nade spammer
+61|6518
your a medic and a teamate gets killed by a pkm when he turns a corner. you revive him wothout turning the corner and the same guy with his pkm kills him again. you do this over and over until your teamate finnaly manages to get away. stat padding or not? i say no
deadawakeing
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm
+145|6488
no
tupla_s
+455|6598|Finland
No, but I would kill the PKM guy before reviving him the second time
rooster1141
+1|6593
no but that is messed up to do to someone.
Wasder
Resident Emo Hater
+139|6681|Moscow, Russia

tupla_s wrote:

What he said.
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6655|Norway
i consider it fun
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6712|Antarctica
No, accidental kidnapping ftw!!
Godhatch
+5|6615

tupla_s wrote:

agreed
Diogenese
Philosopher King
+16|6601|New York State, USA
I have been that guy getting revived only to die over and over.  It is not stat padding without intent. It is just lame. Stop dancing w/ the PKM, attempt to kill him, and either revive your buddy or let him go in peace. It sucked lying there helpless revived, killed,revived, killed... like 6 times. I was yelling at the screen to just let me die. After the first 2 attempts one should realize that the enemy is dug in and will continue to shoot there trying to get you too.  After that moment when you realize you are caught in a stat padding loop... STOP, because now there is intent. Search your own soul and you will know.  Wear the Frankenstein's shoes that you keep bringing back from the dead and say, would I want to be that guy? I didn't.
WyrdNyrd
+6|6492|Mesa, AZ
Wash, rinse, repeat
Janysc
+59|6689|Norway

rooster1141 wrote:

no but that is messed up to do to someone.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6569|British Columbia, Canada
I do it all the time, but i get pissed when i'm the one face first in the ground getting Revived, then Bullets ripping threw my head again..
Mr.E
HakLaw in the house
+103|6566
i call this "medic being retarded"
Des.Kmal
+917|6624|Atlanta, Georgia, USA
planned stat padding, no. stat padding in itself, yes.
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
Crazy-Madness
+8|6490
Well if im the Medic  ... i would be  happy and  smile,

And if im the victim..... i would be pissed off like hell.
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6757|Chicago.

Des.Kmal wrote:

planned stat padding, no. stat padding in itself, yes.
SonofASniper
Pump It Baby, Pump it!
+34|6543|Oregon
After the second time of dying, if he is stupid enough to continue to revive me I try to kill the medic so I can end my misery.

I got stuck in a bad one once at the bottom of a dogpile.  Three medics were focused on reviving and two bad guys were trying to kill the whole group.  I finnally just point blank dropped a grenade before I got killed and took out the whole pile of guys.  It was a dirty deed, but it was the only relief I could get *LOL*.

SOS
Chao2
+8|6721|UK(stats says usa by mistake)
I'll do it a few times but if he cant escape i'll try and kill the guy after him.
Pengfixx
+5|6644|MA, USA
I wish EA/DICE would add the ability for any player to "turn off" the ability to be revived.

Or better said, ONLY those who click for a "MEDIC, MEDIC" could be revived, and show thus show on the mini map.

This is a simple feature that would put an END to this situation.

Now my answer to the question posed:

I don't consider this stat padding unless:

1> The medic and enemy PKM lured said victim into this situation: ie by working together on a private TS server.

2> The medic intentionally refuses the kill the PKM guy and has a specific chance to do so..ie PKM guy is reloading, and medic waits for that to complete BEFORE reviving dead guy.

I would stat an immediate kick vote if this were the case (as fruitless as they often turn out to be) or
try to get server admin to KICK medic for STAT PADDING and PKM guy if we could prove he was involved in preplanning it <<hard to do.
MastersMom
YOUR mom goes to college
+61|6661
No, not stat padding.  But should you do it?  It depends...if the guy you're reviving is getting kills in between I call it good teamwork.  If there is one guy that keeps killing your teammate over and over again and your teammate is getting no kills, there's no sense in it.  You're not helping your team, you're definately helping the enemy that keeps getting kill after kill, and your time would be better spent trying to kill the enemy.  I say, revive one last time and take off on a sprint to try and flank the bad guy...or something like that.
Sabertooth71
+1|6562
No, but that's being an ass
redhawk454
+50|6554|Divided States of America
DICE should make it so you cant be revived more than three times in 5 seconds. After the third you automaticly respawn at a chosen spawn point. I hate it when I am 2 sec from respawning and Im revived.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6528

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

No, accidental kidnapping ftw!!
My_pet_squirrel
Have you seen my nutz?
+126|6626
what I do is revive him if it haopens again i revive him let them shoot him as a distraction as I rip through them then I revive him again FTW!!
FesterTheMolester
BF2s US Server Admin, IRC>Forums
+157|6646|The Mind Of A Cereal Killer
no, are you just supposed to let him die, and lose a ticket for your team....?

Hell NO

that is good playing sir, and i would be glad to be caught in a kill-revive triangle with you

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard