SuB
+50|6699
again no mac haters.. whats the point, if you don't like them don't post and dont join the other forum.
i tell you what.. imagine this
imagine bf2 was made for mac.. right.. infact imagine any new upcoming game was made for a mac.. now.. osx only runs on the macs, and macs are only made with specific hardware.. which means the development and testing only really needs to be done on those macs, right? which means the liklihood of the game working on everything without crashes, compatibility issues or performance drops/hits is pretty damn high...
doesn't that apeal to you? if anything ever went wrong with it, the reponse would be practically immediate. and there would be no-one left in the dark with a component that causes problems.
I'm sorry but that kind of aproach to me is far more beneficial to the end user. i don't care how much extra that costs, garanteed compatibility is worthit. yea i enjoy my pc but this mac has shown me the other side of the fence and i love it. completely love it

Last edited by SuB (2006-08-09 09:35:17)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6795|PNW

First, you can't very well post a Mac thread in a mainly PC-oriented forum (for a PC game at that) and not expect to be slammed the same way Mac users slam PC people in their own forums.

Second, Macs are not the flawless entities that some people believe. It is true that I have encountered less Mac issues in my troubleshooting life, because more people use PC's. But when a troubled Mac is brought in, it can be just as big of a pain in the ass to restore.

Third, I have to say that one of the reasons why I detest Apple, aside from anything that Macs do (or don't do), is their at-once insipid and irritating ad campaign and insistance that PC's never do anything exciting. Not to mention Apple's charging for full Quicktime functionality (specifically, for right-click saving without having to view web source code) and their questionable business practices in regards to the iPod.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-08-09 09:57:04)

_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6740|Riva, MD

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

Mac has always had good hardware.  I just wish their OS didn't suck so bad.  In fact, yesterday I had to do a repair install of the OS on the G5 of one of our art dept. people.  God damn I hate OSX!!!
I agree, the hardware is GREAT, but the OS is just so incompatible with everything.
Widjerd
I like sausage
+18|6564|Bristol UK
ts like PC is a regular condom and the mac is a horse condom, only pc can do everyone but only mac users cant because theirs is oddly shaped and in fact all they can do is shag horses.
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6646|Camp XRay

_j5689_ wrote:

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

Mac has always had good hardware.  I just wish their OS didn't suck so bad.  In fact, yesterday I had to do a repair install of the OS on the G5 of one of our art dept. people.  God damn I hate OSX!!!
I agree, the hardware is GREAT, but the OS is just so incompatible with everything.
Like what, there are very few things I have encountered that macs are just incompatible with.
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
FesterTheMolester
BF2s US Server Admin, IRC>Forums
+157|6663|The Mind Of A Cereal Killer
with bootcamp can you still use the 1 button mouse?
i have a PC, and was wondering about that....
also, is anyone here into CAD? i think that bootcamp will really change the way CAD and such programs will be handled.

any comments??

Widjerd wrote:

all they can do is shag horses.
true, anyone got any good bestiality stories, i have a few, but they are defiantly NSFW

Last edited by FesterTheMolester (2006-08-09 11:09:38)

captain_itchy_pants
+13|6598
Have a look at this guys: The future of Mac gaming looks good with Boot Camp and XP!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid … 7348166748

and this one

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uPu6SZhFKSY& … mp;search=

Last edited by captain_itchy_pants (2006-08-09 11:13:44)

claydawg
Chuck Norris' Homeboy
+85|6646|Oxford, MS

Marlboroman82 wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

Like what, there are very few things I have encountered that macs are just incompatible with.
Macs are compatible with almost everything, and 99% of the time you don't have to fool around with installing fucking drivers.
blisteringsilence
I'd rather hunt with Cheney than ride with Kennedy
+83|6725|Little Rock, Arkansas

Widjerd wrote:

ts like PC is a regular condom and the mac is a horse condom, only pc can do everyone but only mac users cant because theirs is oddly shaped and in fact all they can do is shag horses.
You know, this is one of the most inarticulate yet totally accurate descriptions I have ever heard. Nice analogy.

claydawg wrote:

Macs are compatible with almost everything, and 99% of the time you don't have to fool around with installing fucking drivers.
Total, complete, and utter bullshit, and I'm a hardcore mac user. Just bit the bullet and placed my order for the new Mac tower. It will be a sexy bitch, but SHIT it was expensive as configured. And, it will play BF2..... anyway, the reason you don't have to fool around with drivers is that you can only use Mac-certified devices with the OS.... and by mac certifed, they mean tested, and the drivers ship with the system. Can I run out and grab a Lite-on burner and stick it in my mac? I didn't think so. Same with HD's, same with RAM, same with Video Cards, the list goes on.

There are benefits and drawbacks to both Macs and PC's. You use each where it is strong, and the other when it is weak.
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6742|Las Vegas
I've never touched a Mac.  I don't know, and I don't want to know.  That being said, here is Anandtech's look at the upcoming Mac Pro platform (posted today - 9 pages).

http://www.anandtech.com/mac/showdoc.aspx?i=2811
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6717|San Francisco
So, I just loaded Boot Camp onto a MacBook Pro, and installing Windows XP onto it was a smooth process.  Switching between both OSs is a breeze.

Boot Camp makes you burn an Autorun CD with all of the proper drivers for Windows before you start the install process, plus it partitions your hard drive without having to wipe everything off of it.

It runs professional apps just fine, and is quite fast because of the Dual Core system.  I'm going to try to load HL2 and BF2 on it to see how well it works, and later I'm going to download the public beta of Crossover (WINE for OSX) and see if I can run BF2 through that.
a fly
+105|6667|The netherlands

manitobapaintballa wrote:

the only reason why macs don't get viruses is because the shitheads that make em don't care not enuf people use em
hehehehehe, you are full of noobish thoughts.

if you even think thats the reason, you have no right to own a PC.
mac is to hard to make a virus work on.

if i want too, i can make a script in 5 minutes that will destroy a windowsxp PC. for mac i don't even know where to start. (PS: safemode wont stop that script )

Last edited by a fly (2006-08-11 11:37:43)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard