SuB
+50|6686
Well theres a fairly new forum for all the lovely mac owners out there.. and since the macpro has just been officially announced and released to the public.. figured it's an opportune time to let you chaps know this place exists it's at www.mac-owner.com sign up! tell em SuB sent ya! (i don't get anything free so thats not why lol)
anyway lets not have any mac haters in here, and i know this is a gaming forum and pc's are for gaming (except  that i can run xp and bf2 on my macbook pro) so just keep it cool and only post contructive comments chaps.
mac owners unite!
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6634|Camp XRay

I am going to pick up my macbook pro today I will have to check it out. I wwould love to try to play bf2 on the new mac pro with 16gb of ram.
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
SuB
+50|6686
someone ban that asshole please
OT: yea can you imagine playing bf2 with 16GB of ram!? jeesus

Last edited by SuB (2006-08-09 07:23:49)

Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6747|Salt Lake City

Mac has always had good hardware.  I just wish their OS didn't suck so bad.  In fact, yesterday I had to do a repair install of the OS on the G5 of one of our art dept. people.  God damn I hate OSX!!!
SuB
+50|6686
really i have to say i love it! much better than xp?
which version of osx you using?
Marlboroman82
+1,022|6634|Camp XRay

Wait why does it suck so bad? Because it hardly ever fucks up, no virus/spyware, easier to locate items. Every major improvement that Microsoft has made with vista all ready comes included on OS x. Just because your not familiar with a operating systems does not mean it sucks. Also how hard was it to install OSX compared to xp?

P.S. Agent your just fucking ignorant

Last edited by Marlboroman82 (2006-08-09 07:43:51)

Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6747|Salt Lake City

SuB wrote:

Whatever is their most current version, 10.3 I think it is.
pndragon26
+23|6697
Love macs use them all day, prefer them over PCs (unless I'm gaming)... but this doesn't belong in this forum. Besides there are other better mac sites, which I will not post, because they DO NOT belong here.
claydawg
Chuck Norris' Homeboy
+85|6634|Oxford, MS
Yeah, Macs rock.  I love my 13.3" MacBook.  I have the white one with a 2.0GHz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2 PC2-5300, 80GB HDD, and a SuperDrive.  OS X FTW!
claydawg
Chuck Norris' Homeboy
+85|6634|Oxford, MS

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

SuB wrote:

Whatever is their most current version, 10.3 I think it is.
10.4.7 is the most recent.  10.5 Codename Leopard should be released around January.  It was recently introduced at the WWDC 2006.  http://www.apple.com/macosx/leopard/ -- There's going to be some nice additions in 10.5
SuB
+50|6686

pndragon26 wrote:

Love macs use them all day, prefer them over PCs (unless I'm gaming)... but this doesn't belong in this forum. Besides there are other better mac sites, which I will not post, because they DO NOT belong here.
this is the none bf2 none bf2s area... i was just showing people a new site

i'm using 10.4.7 tis awesome

Last edited by SuB (2006-08-09 07:44:42)

SkoobyDu
'CLICK JOIN NOW'... OK lets go... BOOM!!!! =FFS=
+120|6572|Cheshire, UK

SuB wrote:

someone ban that asshole please
A little harsh I believe for pointing out forum rules???

Terms of Service / Rules and Regulations
Overview

This is a quick summary of the important rules outlined in this document, you are still expected to read the whole thing, but we know you're a very, very busy person...

* Do not advertise. Ever.
Wait why does it suck so bad? Because it hardly ever fucks up, no virus/spyware, easier to locate items. Every major improvement that Microsoft has made with vista all ready comes included on os x. Just because your not familar with a opperating systems does not mean it sucks. Also how hard was it to install OSX compared to xp?
I have to agree there - I worked in graphic design for 10 years working on all sorts of Macs from the early versions up to the G4's and never had a problem with any of them, I am now a system admin working with XP and server 2003 and there are more security holes problems than you can shake a stick at.
manitobapaintballa
+32|6629
the only reason why macs don't get viruses is becuase the shitheads that make em don't care not enuf people use em
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6747|Salt Lake City

Marlboroman82 wrote:

Wait why does it suck so bad? Because it hardly ever fucks up, no virus/spyware, easier to locate items. Every major improvement that Microsoft has made with vista all ready comes included on os x. Just because your not familar with a opperating systems does not mean it sucks. Also how hard was it to install OSX compared to xp?
Never fucks up?  I was restoring the system for a corrupted system profile.  I've also had to do restores because the OS hosed the Adobe scratchpad, and removing/reinstalling Adobe did not resolve the problem.

Easier to locate items?  I find that to be my single biggest gripe, things are not easier to locate.  In fact, I find there to be no rhyme or reason to how they structure things.

No virus or spyware?  They've already shown that OSX is susceptible.  The only thing the Mac has going for it is security through obscurity.  If Mac ever gets any real market share, you will see virus/spyware come out of the woodwork.  There just isn't a problem with it right now because there just aren't enough Macs out there to justify targeting them.

Yes, the OS is easy to install, but that is because of the propriety of the hardware.  When the amount of hardware that is comatible with the OS is as limited as it is with the Mac, it is easy to make the OS install like that.  If the PC market was that limited on hardware, XP could be just as easy to install.

The networking capability is also a major sore point with me.  We run a Windows 2000/20003 domain with AD.  OSX is not compatible with this, so we have to buy an extra program for each Mac to make them work; the program I am referring to is called DAVE.  Talk about a major PITA!
Marlboroman82
+1,022|6634|Camp XRay

pndragon26 wrote:

As far as I can tell we are discussing tech related stuff, and this is the tech section so I do believe we can continue. Thanks for wasting our time douche.
Brasso
+1,549|6641

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6747|Salt Lake City

One thing I will hand to those Mac engineers is their case design and hardware layout.  Now that is some really slick shit they have going on in that department.
SkoobyDu
'CLICK JOIN NOW'... OK lets go... BOOM!!!! =FFS=
+120|6572|Cheshire, UK
Any one remember OS7? It was as easy as using lego.
claydawg
Chuck Norris' Homeboy
+85|6634|Oxford, MS

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

The only thing the Mac has going for it is security through obscurity.  If Mac ever gets any real market share, you will see virus/spyware come out of the woodwork.
This is why people need to become familiar with them.  I'm an IT Professional for a large university, and the only way to avoid future problems with obscure operating systems and software is to become familiar with them.  I have production machines running XP, Server2003, OS X, Linux (Gentoo, RedHat EL, Suse), and BSD.  THAT is how to avoid becoming a victim of "security through obscurity".  It's my job to be sure our network and the systems attached to it are safe.  I can't use the "security through obscurity" argument if shit happens.  Learn to adapt and stay open minded, it's the only way.  I'm not arguing one is better than the other.  I have my opinions, but that's not the point of this post.  Each has it's own place in production and knowing what to use when is the key.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6747|Salt Lake City

claydawg wrote:

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

The only thing the Mac has going for it is security through obscurity.  If Mac ever gets any real market share, you will see virus/spyware come out of the woodwork.
This is why people need to become familiar with them.  I'm an IT Professional for a large university, and the only way to avoid future problems with obscure operating systems and software is to become familiar with them.  I have production machines running XP, Server2003, OS X, Linux (Gentoo, RedHat EL, Suse), and BSD.  THAT is how to avoid becoming a victim of "security through obscurity".  It's my job to be sure our network and the systems attached to it are safe.  I can't use the "security through obscurity" argument if shit happens.  Learn to adapt and stay open minded, it's the only way.  I'm not arguing one is better than the other.  I have my opinions, but that's not the point of this post.  Each has it's own place in production and knowing what to use when is the key.
You're missing the point.  I'm saying there are security flaws within the OS, like like there are in Windows.  These are things over which you have no control, and will require security patches to fix.  Yes, you can always try to secure your network from being open to such attacks, but in the end, you can't stop it all.
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6705|San Francisco
10.5 is going to be stuffed with features...I can't wait to see the rest of the things that they left out of the Keynote so that they weren't "photocopied" by microsoft.

The Time Machine archiving feature is extremely slick and is definitely something that NO ONE should shrug off just because of the animated implementation.  The Core Animation technology is great for us Developers, along with all of the upgrades to XCode 3.  I can't wait to get my hands on the developer copy of 10.5 next week

Also looking forward to grabbing a Mac Pro in the future.
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6761|Chicago.
I really have never liked Macs. I've been using DOS since I was 3,  moved onto Windows at 5, and stayed there. Its not so much the software, as it seems to foreign to me.
Marlboroman82
+1,022|6634|Camp XRay

Let me know how that mac pro is. I am dieing to get to play with one.
claydawg
Chuck Norris' Homeboy
+85|6634|Oxford, MS

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

claydawg wrote:

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

You're missing the point.  I'm saying there are security flaws within the OS, like like there are in Windows.  These are things over which you have no control, and will require security patches to fix.  Yes, you can always try to secure your network from being open to such attacks, but in the end, you can't stop it all.
I agree.  But there are nowhere near as many as with Microsoft products.  I've installed security patches for OS X.  It's no big deal.  I'm not going to play this stupid "chicken or the egg" game with you.  You are entitled to your opinion.  But in order to operate in a large scale environment like mine, you must have an open mind and be extremely versatile. 

A network cannot be governed like a communist country (only Microsoft for everyone) because those who didn't agree would overthrow you.  A single art department would have you canned so fast you would be on the street begging for an Apple.

On the lighter side of things, this made me laugh:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MG_O3Y8 … mp;search=
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6578|NYC / Hamburg

*cough* click me
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard