OmS-NAS
+1|6773|Oslo, Norway
Hi everybody!

Is there someone here who has calculated how far to drop an airstrike depending on vehicle?

this is to calculate where to put your strike when you see a car start from a base somwhere and nailing him on his way..

my dreamresult of this post would be:

on foot:   _____ meters from startingpoint
small car: _____
big car: ____
apc: _____
tank: ______

...think of how much fun this will do in clanmatches...
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6703|Devon, England
well get testing then.

im sure you can do it with just one man.
specops10-4
+108|6755|In the hills
In a true 64 man game it wouldn't be that useful because arty strikes are for taking out large masses...  But in a 16 person map it might be worth while trying to figure it out.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6665
just save your arty strikes for when someone tries to take a base. (with the help of a scan)
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
SuB
+50|6688
lol there are FAR too many variable factors to calculate into this they only have to turn.. left or right and this goes out the window immediately
Mike<Eagle23>
BF2sEU old school admin - I don't care who you are
+359|6740|Germany

I don't think it will help you much to know the exact distance in meters, because on the commanders screen you can not see how many meters are between two certain spots. You just have to get a feeling for that. However, the best spot to place arty is a place where the enemy will stay for a while like a flag. So if you see a car going for a lonley flag, place arty there (just a few seconds before it arrives)
This will also help you to get to know how far a vehicle will move until the artillery hits the ground, so you can improve your timing.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6665

SuB wrote:

lol there are FAR too many variable factors to calculate into this they only have to turn.. left or right and this goes out the window immediately
yup. Now stop posting here and go whore up your last 1000 points to sgt. Major.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
OmS-NAS
+1|6773|Oslo, Norway
well, this is for clan matches 8 vs 8 on 16 player maps, with the intent of keeping them in main base.

But i guess, like everything else, its all about training...
Leakybrain
+0|6490
What's the highest number of kills anybody's got from a single arty strike? I managed 5 on Wake when we held all the flags except The Beach and the entire opposing team spawned right on time for the strike to arrive.
7331olme
Banned
+2|6489

Leakybrain wrote:

What's the highest number of kills anybody's got from a single arty strike? I managed 5 on Wake when we held all the flags except The Beach and the entire opposing team spawned right on time for the strike to arrive.
Jam3z has 1200
DeadboyUSMC
+65|6711|NCFSU2
There is no way to truly calculate the distances. As another poster said, there way too many variables. Just guesstimate.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard