Poll

Will gas go over 4 dollars a gallon in southern california because of

Yes78%78% - 52
No21%21% - 14
Total: 66
.ACB|_Cutthroat1
No place like 127.0.0.1
+76|6693|Gold Coast,QLD,Australia
you guys in america have it good for petrol! in australia its like $1.45 for a litre!!!!! a litre is equal to .25 of a gallon so 4 litres for every gallon,$5.80AUD for a gallon which is 4.35 USD
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6841|Reykjavík, Iceland.
It's $7 a gallon here...
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6641
isnt corrosion supposed to be a process that takes a fair amount of time to occur.  out of the blue the pipes are rusty...
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6558
When I was 10 years old gas was .87 to .97 a gallon. Now I just filled up @ 3.30 a gallon. Damn those ME's.
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6576|Florida

SealXo wrote:

Ahhhh Im afraid, it seems every time gas goes down something has to happen...

Fricken alaska...
BP line broke.......and apparently they are saying it could be down for months.  Assholes......I doubt they purposely broke the line to get more money out of people.....but seriously

I say the government needs to implement the price cap on gas. $1.50 a gallon

When I started driving at 16, gas was $1.05 a gallon.  And I remember when it was about .85 cents.  I think it would be good for the U.S. to offer a certain price for oil, and if the sellers want more, we dont buy.  Offer $45 a barrel, and if they demand $70, we take business elsewhere.  In the beginning prices will rise because of possible shortages, but in the long run it could drop prices since the sellers would be losing money because the good ol US isnt buying it.

Last edited by {BMF}*Frank_The_Tank (2006-08-08 15:42:49)

Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6734|Salt Lake City

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

isnt corrosion supposed to be a process that takes a fair amount of time to occur.  out of the blue the pipes are rusty...
There was actually more information on the news this morning.  Apparently BP had been warned about the pipeline needing service several years ago, and failed to act until the line broke and created a small spill.

This is what pisses me off to no end.  Oil companies are raking in record profits, yet they won't spend the money to maintain their pipelines in wilderness areas...until it actually breaks.  I hope the US government fines the living shit out of BP.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6547|Southeastern USA

millhous wrote:

Its about 2.80/2.90 here in the Porltand area of Oregon.
same here, keep in mind that for most of you your states are raking in anywhere from20 to 60 cents on the gallon, whereas in most cases the oil company is only making closer to 10 cents profit
Sydney
2λчиэλ
It's still $7.20 here...
Snowmanimal
Not so unique forum title
+30|6540|My head
Got to your local McDonald's, pick up a barrel of grease, filter it, filter it again and put it in your car.  There you go cheap fuel.
Smaug
This space for rent
+117|6575|Arlen, Texas

Snowmanimal wrote:

Got to your local McDonald's, pick up a barrel of grease, filter it, filter it again and put it in your car.  There you go cheap fuel.
That actually describes a crime wave we have here, folks stealing the grease pits  from Dairy Queen and Burger King and KFC, and any other mega grease company.
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6717|Las Vegas
If you live in the USA or Canada you should check out GasBuddy.com

It lets you pick your location and then gives you the highest 15 prices and lowest 15 prices along with maps etc.  For example, in Las Vegas I see that the range is currently from $2.72 to $3.14.  Using this site I was able to find a gas station near me that is nearly always within a few cents of the cheapest gas in town.
Spumantiii
pistolero
+147|6680|Canada
HHO gas ftw
Rygar
Canucklehead
+69|6644|Nova Scotia

ShotYourSix wrote:

It lets you pick your location and then gives you the highest 15 prices and lowest 15 prices along with maps etc.  For example, in Las Vegas I see that the range is currently from $2.72 to $3.14.  Using this site I was able to find a gas station near me that is nearly always within a few cents of the cheapest gas in town.
Good link! It's 10 cents cheaper a litre across the border into New Brunswick from me, bout 10-15 minutes drive.
beerface702
+65|6691|las vegas
we need to get bio diesiels and e85 out in mass production quick

barrels are projected to hit 105 a barrel by may  07

here in vegas its about 2.99 avg. but ive seen it as high as 3.19 a gal

doesnt fuckin matter. we need to sopt our addiction to black gold for the enviroment

yet china is booming with the stuff. they are on a path that we where on in the 80's with oil consumption.

venesula is oil independent, thats why its so cheap. brazil uses mostly E85 in 65% of its cars...

its gonna be several years here but i think its catchin on
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
ford has been making afv's (alternate fuel vehicles) for a couple of decades now, but there aren't really any ethanol sellers, we've got assloads of oil under our, well, asses, but the fucking hippies won't let us get to it, it is estimated that US and Canada have about 3 times the amount of oil that the middle east holds, and the proven environmental impact of gasoline/diesel is negligible at best
ericcartmanisbest
+24|6537|GREAT Britain
Americans have no idea what they are moaning about when it comes to gas prices, try living in the UK, its a friggin joke
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
yeah i know, just curious though, how much of that is taxes and such?
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6714|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX
Can still get it here for around 2.80.  Sucks for you in California
Sydney
2λчиэλ
You can moan when it goes over $7, if it's still under $7, consider yourself lucky.
HURLEY
Ima Crunchatize you.
+170|6680|The Lou

ShotYourSix wrote:

BP FTW right now, usually theyre abunch of asses and change there price first and its like 15 cents more.
Possum61
+9|6746|Philly PA USA
3.13 here in Philly   
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6731|Oslo, Norway
blabla american idiot bla bla bla open your head bla bla bla guy next to me lean away from my keyboard and don't spit on me bla bla bla i don't care bla bla bla

edit: in norway the tax on feul is 75% if i'm right...

Last edited by WilhelmSissener (2006-08-09 17:41:05)

Sydney
2λчиэλ

WilhelmSissener wrote:

blabla american idiot bla bla bla open your head bla bla bla guy next to me lean away from my keyboard and don't spit on me bla bla bla i don't care bla bla bla

edit: in norway the tax on feul is 75% if i'm right...
I think it's funny that the oil kings of the north have the most expensive gas
)ONS(Geordo
+12|6555|whitehorse, yukon
for arguements sake,  until it hit's 3.88 a gallon, you won;t even have caught up to the cheepest gas in canada.  and uk is waaaay worse.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
And in norway and Iceland it's double that...

Ah, the wonders of walking.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard