No - But I would want to go37%37% - 60
No - I don't won't to go either11%11% - 18
What is the Netherlands?2%2% - 4
Total: 161
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6726
would love to go there, heard the beer and women is good
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE
oh hai :D
+156|6662|The Netherlands
what do you vote when you live in that little town ... uuhh country xD
ResDog1
+51|6776|Netherlands

RDMC(2) wrote:

So, basically I just wondered how many of you have been to the Netherlands,
Yeah my vote obvious goes to Yes,  But I hate it Rather be in Key West or somethin
So anyways if u have been here, tell us where u have been and for how long

Greetz RDMC

EDIT: I've been in too many places to post here
No wonder you hate it, you live in Almere... possibly the most depressing city (yes city) in the Netherlands.
Move to Amsterdam, Rotterdam, the Hague, Utrecht or even Amersfoort and your opinion of NL will change.

The trick with moving to anaother country is that although it is fun and exciting, after a while it just becomes home.

Places I'd also like to live besides NL.... Hmmm Italy (Toscany), England (Londen), USA (Washington, New York), France (Paris), Germany (Berlin)...

Places I would want to live only for a year or so; Norway, Sweden, Russia (Moscow), Mexico, Brazil, Canada (Montreal).
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6749|The Hague, Netherlands

ResDog1 wrote:

RDMC(2) wrote:

Yeah my vote obvious goes to Yes,  But I hate it Rather be in Key West or somethin

Greetz RDMC

No wonder you hate it, you live in Almere... possibly the most depressing city (yes city) in the Netherlands.
Move to Amsterdam, Rotterdam, the Hague, Utrecht or even Amersfoort and your opinion of NL will change.

The trick with moving to anaother country is that although it is fun and exciting, after a while it just becomes home.

Places I'd also like to live besides NL.... Hmmm Italy (Toscany), England (Londen), USA (Washington, New York), France (Paris), Germany (Berlin)...

Places I would want to live only for a year or so; Norway, Sweden, Russia (Moscow), Mexico, Brazil, Canada (Montreal).
The Hague FTW ! i agree
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
-Solv3r-
Heia den som vinner!
+115|6568|Oslo, Norway

ResDog1 wrote:

RDMC(2) wrote:

Greetz RDMC

Know why you would only live a year in Norway? You couldent afford to live here longer, it's so fucking expensive...!
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6633|Camp XRay

I used to make several trips to the netherlands from the us each yr for work. I enjoyed my time there. All though certian parts of amsterdam are a little shady it's overall my favorite place in europe. Just don't eat to much space cake or you will wake up the next morning to  this -
https://gadost.at.tut.by/ugly/girl2.jpg
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
ResDog1
+51|6776|Netherlands

|60|Cobalt wrote:

this remindes me of the dialog of jules and vincent from pulp fiction in which vinc tells from his time in the netherlands (whats a quarter pounder with chesse? a royal with cheese - and you can even buy a beer at mac donalds - and cops can't put you to jail for owning weed) *lol*
Actually what he says in that movie is all true... John Travolta added that conversation to the movie because he had such a good time in Amsterdam.

1: We do put mayo on our fries, but most fries in Holland are not French Fries, but Thick dutch of belgian fries.
Mayo is the best.

2: You cannot get a beer at mc Donalds, thats in france. But you can get a Kroket Burger.. Kroket is a tipical Dutch treat.

3: Most Dutch people do not smoke weed. Although a mjority have tried it at least once in their lives.

4: For a cop to search you in Holland he needs probable cause. You need to be suspected of something. If they just frisk you without probable cause and they find something on you it is not permitted as evidence in court.
With all the terrorism in the world this law might go the way of the dinosaur soon though.

5: Amsterdam has a red light distrit where prostiturion is allowed (but not legal). We Dutch call that "gedogen". Allowing someting that is against the law for the public good.

6: You can drink when you are 16. But you can't drive untill you are 18.

7: Most of us do NOT wear wooden shoes. These are only worn by farmers and reenactors in the touristbussiness.

8: 80% of the dutch LOVE raw fish called herring. They will eat it with onions in one piece (grabbing it's tail).

9: Most Dutch think they are great with languages, but will fuck up scenteces. like "How do you do, and how do you do your wife".

10: If you ever wonder why such a small country can have so much influence in the world... It's because of our legacy of a seafaring people (we call it the golden age, but in fact we pillaged half the earth). Because of that a lot of people aroud the world have some Dutch blood in their veines (New York was founded as New Amsterdam, and later sold to the English for 1$. They did not like the name Amsterdam and renamed it after the beautifull city of York).
ResDog1
+51|6776|Netherlands

Marlboroman82 wrote:

I used to make several trips to the netherlands from the us each yr for work. I enjoyed my time there. All though certian parts of amsterdam are a little shady it's overall my favorite place in europe. Just don't eat to much space cake or you will wake up the next morning to  this -
http://gadost.at.tut.by/ugly/girl2.jpg
Bet she gives great head... you horndog
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6633|Camp XRay

ResDog1 wrote:

Marlboroman82 wrote:

http://gadost.at.tut.by/ugly/girl2.jpg
Bet she gives great head... you horndog
Yea it was ok, just one of my lovely memories of amsterdam...
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
DarQraven
+0|6483
Dudes, I live there, so I'm there all the time. Actually, it's so funny how most foreign people think that Holland is one huge coffeeshop ^^ Pretty much everyone I know is totally clean (now, I do NOT mean alcohol here;)) Thing is, Amsterdam is going down the drain. Today, 85% of the people living in Amsterdam are either from turkey, marocco or some other middle eastern country. Gives tourists kind of a weird view of the Dutch.
I do agree that the certain freedom we have is pretty damn cool. I can smoke myself to death in my own house LEGALLY... if I'd want to. Same goes for drugs and booze.

And as for the chicks in Holland ... depends which ones you meet. Go to a random club in Amsterdam, and you mostly meet breezerchicks (buy 'em one beer and you're in their pants.) On the other hand, we have a sh*tload of arrogant beyotches (the types with one eyebrow permanently raised).

So yeah, as long as you meet the right people (and go to other places than just Amsterdam;) ) it's a great country
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6684|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
No I have never been but The Dam seems to be calling me, louder and louder.  I'll take the Mrs away for a dirty weekend there I think.  Costs about £50 from UK I think.
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6803
I have an aunt and uncle who live in Amsterdam.  At least I think they still do - there was talk of them moving to Singapore for a business deal.  Anyway, I digress..

Love it.  Nice people, nice food, shitty weather but then I live in England so I'm used to rain.  Lots of culture in Amsterdam - good range of museums and stuff to visit.  Plus the occasional visit to a coffeeshop.
Wasder
Resident Emo Hater
+139|6685|Moscow, Russia
I'd love to go to Netherlands someday, and the rest of EU too.
KtotheIMMY
+513|6773
No - But I would want to go
nieker
THE FLYING DUTCH PENGUIN, THE NINTENDO PENGUIN
+191|6637|The Netherlands
WOOOT netherlands pwnage btw wy is there no option '' i life in holland'' and i would like to go once to japan and  USA
edit: WHAT FUCKING ASSHOLE DIN`T LIKED IT

Last edited by Niekjejeje (2006-08-08 12:05:41)

Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman
+183|6602|Scarborough Yorkshire England
The strange thing was the beer measures "a pint of beer please" you get a pint pot with a third of it head I mean that's not a pint and to rub it in they get a lolly pop stick and scrape the top of your huge head off.  My only complaint about netherlands
nieker
2 fingers of head on a pint is normal
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6575|Area 51

Niekjejeje wrote:

WOOOT netherlands pwnage btw wy is there no option '' i life in holland'' and i would like to go once to japan and  USA
edit: WHAT FUCKING ASSHOLE DIN`T LIKED IT
Lol sorry,
Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman
+183|6602|Scarborough Yorkshire England

Niekjejeje wrote:

aye sir
just it goes down to quick and I end up with froth all over my nose lol
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6575|Area 51

-Solv3r- wrote:

ResDog1 wrote:

RDMC(2) wrote:

Greetz RDMC

Know why you would only live a year in Norway? You couldent afford to live here longer, it's so fucking expensive...!
I know I've been in Norway, great lookin country though, but so expensive!!
nieker

Jinto-sk wrote:

Niekjejeje wrote:

aye sir
just it goes down to quick and I end up with froth all over my nose lol
it is a difrance, no head and 2 fingers head =p
Sandriatinhi
+15|6658|Apeldoorn, Holland
Holland = paradise for partypeople!
cospengle
+140|6497|Armidale, NSW, Australia

Niekjejeje wrote:

I voted Yes and didn't like it, that's another reason not to like that I didn't know about.

Actually here are the reasons I voted for not liking it:
reason no. 1 - I went with my family when I was 10 (therefore no smoko for me )
reason no. 2 - our campervan was broken into when we were at Maduradam (a minature city which was really cool) and that kinda ruined the whole trip.

But I'm sure that's not typical of the Netheregions (something about a few rotten apples...). I really want to go again and have a real holiday (ie no parents). I've met alot of Dutch backpackers travelling here in Australia and they seem a very easy going bunch, and boy can they drink! I have a mate from Uni that went over there after graduating, apparently he spent the first two weeks in and out of cafes and sleeping in the street. lol

You guys better figure out how to pour a beer before I get there though
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6803

ResDog1 wrote:

9: Most Dutch think they are great with languages, but will fuck up scenteces. like "How do you do, and how do you do your wife".
LOL!
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6578|NYC / Hamburg

i've been to holland a couple of times (some of my parents friends live there, so i was often dragged along). liked it, a bit dirty but still pretty nice. anyhow i like all bodys of water so the netherlands are obviously liked
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard