jsnipy
+3,276|6545|...

I played on a server last night and was base raped ... it might have the kit i was playing ... or the way i was dressed ... probally my fault it happened.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6698|Canberra, AUS

_j5689_ wrote:

No cussing is the gayest rule of all.
We've tried to get rid of it on our clan server (see sig), but it's inbuilt into PB and no-one's got rid of it yet (it's only been there a week)

Luckily we don't have those lameass rules. But we do have some like

You force a tk or insta-punish a teamkill when I'm server admin and you will get a major warning (meaning it's your first and last)
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Green Jello
+47|6656|Reno, NV

chuckle_hound wrote:

Hmm let's see, we have an unmitigated insult and a load of other moaning.  So I'd say you're the one with a problem here kiddo.

Games and sports have rules for a reason, same way as life does.  Which is a shame, because if we lived life without rules I'd happily run you and your family over repeatedly to ensure you never ever produced any children.  Gotta keep the genetic pool clean you understand
https://img93.imageshack.us/img93/8506/japanerpa5.jpg
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6591|Mountains of NC

chuckle_hound wrote:

Green Jello wrote:

I have never seen a game like this. BF2 works perfectly as designed. I think that the only rule any server should have is NO HACKING. Not only is the game more fun, but it doesn't cause all the admin headaches to enforce. War is hell. If you don't like your base to be raped, then keep the enemy out of it.

What is the deal?
Urgh, repeat after me.

THIS

GAME

IS

NOT

A

REAL

WAR

See my repeated posts on the topic, if you want the rules of a real war then go fight in one.  This is a game, and on public servers it's the equivalent of a friendly sports match.  You wouldn't expect someone in a baseball or football match to kneecap the opposing players from the sidelines at the beginning of the match would you?  In the same way it's necessary to make the game fair for players of all skill levels.

If you don't like the rules other people put down, go on a different server.  But if you suck so badly that the only way you can get points is base raping then you really should just give up.
well in baseball or football they don't have additional rules when the opposeing team shows up - I can see it now ATL Braves showing up in New York to play the Yankees but before the Braves hit the field they get the briefing of the "additional rules" 1. Opposeing team can only stand by home plate for 5 sec or less 2. opposeing team can not attack admins (fans) so NO home runs or grand slams ( Ball can be considered a nade in that situation) 3. when capping 3rd flag (base) Opposeing team can/will NOT attack uncap flag ( home base )

At Anahiem they only have 1 addtional rule NO SWEARING bc they are the Angels

I paid for the game just like everyone else and I follow the ROE and that should be all the rules that we need to follow
they pay for servers so we can play - will MOST ( not all of them ) take donations and I have donated to several and paid for slots also
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Tcx_1
+3|6764|Alberta, Canada
schakl,
To tell you the truth I cant remember the last time it has happened to me, not to the extent to which I assume you are talking about.  Sure it has happened for a little bit, but 3 decent AT players will elminate any armor that is trying to camp, and once that is gone getting rid of the rest is easy.
The problem lies in all the kids continuously spawning and re-spawning as medic/sniper rather then AT.  Them getting "killed 1 second after spawn" is my reward for their stupidity.
Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6546|the Netherlands
server rules ?? what they serve then ??
Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6546|the Netherlands

Tcx_1 wrote:

schakl,
To tell you the truth I cant remember the last time it has happened to me, not to the extent to which I assume you are talking about.  Sure it has happened for a little bit, but 3 decent AT players will elminate any armor that is trying to camp, and once that is gone getting rid of the rest is easy.
The problem lies in all the kids continuously spawning and re-spawning as medic/sniper rather then AT.  Them getting "killed 1 second after spawn" is my reward for their stupidity.
THERE YOU HAVE IT YOU SAID IT M8 .....KIDS !!!!M IM PLAYING WITH 7TH GRADE HAPPY MEAL KIDS WHO WANT TO BE IN A CLAN .... GO AWAY !!
Blizzard36
Modified Luck Soldier
+10|6560|Grand Forks, ND

Tcx_1 wrote:

schakl,
Or you could be playing a 32 player server on the 64 player map of Oman and be down to only the MEC base and the enemy has managed to steal all your vehicles.  your ENTIRE TEAM could spawn as AT and still not get them all.

This has happened to me BTW, and was the last straw that caused my hiatus from the game.
Cursed You
+64|6611|Idaho
I think if you join a server you should respect the rules that make sense.

Dont attack uncaps?  Okay, whatever they want.

Walk dont run when blowing up assets?  Bite me Im using a tank.

My favorite server message of all time:

"Wanna see what a ban looks like?  Go in the hotel!  We'll take care of the rest."
jsnipy
+3,276|6545|...

ah! new rule --- NO VEHICLES ON GRASS ... STAY ON PAVEMENT ONLY!!!
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6572|Southeastern USA

Green Jello wrote:

The best one I've seen is:

"Only Spec Ops are allowed to enter UCB to blow up assets. They must WALK only. No running or veicles."

LMFAO!!!
these are the lamest ones i have ever seen, especially those fags on the 3 stooges servers, my plane has bombs, looks like im going to bomb your fucking trailer pussy

hey look at my command screen, i have a full arty button and there are some reds scratching their asses waiting for some jets and cobras to spawn, looks like im going to arty your airstrip pussy
jsnipy
+3,276|6545|...

kr@cker wrote:

Green Jello wrote:

"Only Spec Ops are allowed to enter UCB to blow up assets. They must WALK only. No running or veicles."

LMFAO!!!
these are the lamest ones i have ever seen, especially those fags on the 3 stooges servers, my plane has bombs, looks like im going to bomb your fucking trailer pussy

hey look at my command screen, i have a full arty button and there are some reds scratching their asses waiting for some jets and cobras to spawn, looks like im going to arty your airstrip pussy
Whenever i see those stupid rules .. i hear the voice of Ross the intern reading them
BFROE|IndianScout
+41|6535
never ceases to amaze me that everyone has such trouble following the rules..

the rules are set so that everyone plays on a level playing field and that the ranking system doesnt get corrupted by people glitching and stat padding..

the rules are there for everyones benefit, whether you agree or not..

you do agree to the rules when you install the game,

YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT THESE RULES WILL APPLY TO ANYONE THAT YOU ALLOW TO USE YOUR SERVICE ACCOUNT OR USER ID, AND THAT YOU ARE PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES (INCLUDING TERMINATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT) THAT MAY RESULT IF ANY SUCH PERSON BREAKS THESE RULES.

IN ORDER TO HELP MAKE THE SERVICE A GOOD EXPERIENCE FOR EVERYONE, EA MAY OCCASIONALLY FIND IT NECESSARY TO MAKE CHANGES TO, OR RESET CERTAIN PARAMETERS OF, THE SERVICE IN ORDER TO BRING IT BACK INTO BALANCE. THESE CHANGES OR RESETS MAY AFFECT CHARACTERS OR TEAMS UNDER YOUR CONTROL AND MAY CAUSE YOU SETBACKS WITHIN THE GAME WORLD.

THESE RULES MAY BE CHANGED, AND NEW RULES MAY BE ADDED, AT ANY TIME. YOU AGREE TO CHECK THE SERVICE WEB SITE FROM TIME TO TIME TO REVIEW ANY RULE CHANGES THAT ELECTRONIC ARTS MAY HAVE MADE.
just like when you rent or lease a server from a GSP you are still bound by the ROE...

Those clan members or players who complaing about "screw the ROE" you see in the forums a few weeks later crying because they got reset..

and who's fault is that but your own...
{TL}SHARPSHOOTER
Vacuum Sealed for Freshness
+26|6768|The Island of Carls Jr.
So what? servers are getting ridiculously riddled with rules. Its getting really irritating to the point that you dont even know if shooting someone is allowed! They might as well add "No shooting clan members without warning them" or "Admin is the only one allowed to use rifles"
BFROE|IndianScout
+41|6535
we're also dealing with those servers who have crazy illegal rules like that also
YoBabysDaddy
+31|6847|St. Louis, MO

BFROE|IndianScout wrote:

never ceases to amaze me that everyone has such trouble following the rules..

the rules are set so that everyone plays on a level playing field and that the ranking system doesnt get corrupted by people glitching and stat padding..

the rules are there for everyones benefit, whether you agree or not..

you do agree to the rules when you install the game,

YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT THESE RULES WILL APPLY TO ANYONE THAT YOU ALLOW TO USE YOUR SERVICE ACCOUNT OR USER ID, AND THAT YOU ARE PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES (INCLUDING TERMINATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT) THAT MAY RESULT IF ANY SUCH PERSON BREAKS THESE RULES.

IN ORDER TO HELP MAKE THE SERVICE A GOOD EXPERIENCE FOR EVERYONE, EA MAY OCCASIONALLY FIND IT NECESSARY TO MAKE CHANGES TO, OR RESET CERTAIN PARAMETERS OF, THE SERVICE IN ORDER TO BRING IT BACK INTO BALANCE. THESE CHANGES OR RESETS MAY AFFECT CHARACTERS OR TEAMS UNDER YOUR CONTROL AND MAY CAUSE YOU SETBACKS WITHIN THE GAME WORLD.

THESE RULES MAY BE CHANGED, AND NEW RULES MAY BE ADDED, AT ANY TIME. YOU AGREE TO CHECK THE SERVICE WEB SITE FROM TIME TO TIME TO REVIEW ANY RULE CHANGES THAT ELECTRONIC ARTS MAY HAVE MADE.
just like when you rent or lease a server from a GSP you are still bound by the ROE...

Those clan members or players who complaing about "screw the ROE" you see in the forums a few weeks later crying because they got reset..

and who's fault is that but your own...
Damn fine statement there sir.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6833|Nårvei

Is it really that difficult to follow a few rules that most often is set for the benefit of all players ?

On the bf2s EU server we have plenty of these "gayass" rules as mentioned in this thread but still its one of the most popular servers, now ask yourself why !

On our server we had a long discussion before we finally agreed upon what would probably work best and we constantly review them .....

EU BF2S Server Rules :  http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=17805

Last edited by Varegg (2006-08-08 02:23:22)

Wait behind the line ..............................................................
-MIKI3.
+70|6666|The Netherlands
94% of your total kills are from vehicles, I wonder why you think baseraping should be allowed.

anyway server rules are a good thing, perfect servel rules IMO:

No baseraping, spawnkilling or Kick/Ban.
No glitching, hacking or BAN !
No fighting as commander or Kick.
Wait in line for vehicles or Kick.
Krysiss
+15|6497|NL

Battlefield2Player wrote:

67% of your kills are with armour... G'damn.  Now I understand why you don't like rules. 

I normally have no problem with server rules.  The thing I hate most is when the administrator gets angry because you knifed him and kicks you.
I don't like them either and I'm ground pounder
bobroonie.bda
+143|6704
Rules are a joke...

to hard to inforce correctly
example, spec ops goes into UCB to destroy assets kills infantry in the process, gets called a spawn camper in a UCB..

All other rules are gay..

1. no stealing vehicles, horrible rule made for admins that suck with out aircraft / tanks.
2. No spawn raping, didnt know i was supposed to let you get ready before i shot at you. Its called cover fire and holding a control point.
3. No attacking UCB's, This is so you cannot kill jets and helo's before take off.. Because we all know how much pilots hate to die even once during battle.

The more rules the worse the enemy.. If you are unable to get out of your UCB its your own fault for sucking. put down the sniper rifle and pick up a AT rocket launcher and shoot the damn tank in your base..

Ive played this game from day 1, people suck, dont work as a team, have 1 style of play, working on medals, can only fly, think everyone that kills that hacks, suck as infantry, have no tactics just run and gun, do not flank, call people spawn campers.

To many rules = shitty admins dont play on there server, its that simple..
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6541|Montucky
pretty soon it'll be no talking or shooting..

Hey, Lets go play WoW, we have a chance at killing somebody....................................................................
..........................................................................................................................you get the idea...
Maj.Blood
+2|6496

kr@cker wrote:

Green Jello wrote:

LMFAO!!!

LOL

As per a previous quote - there are an average of 600-800 servers running BF2 at any given time - if you don't like the rules established by a certain server - go somewhere else.  Or, fork out some $$ and rent your own server. 

I've played the server you mentioned and thier intent is to avoid spawn camping on main bases.  Now don't get me wrong - some rules are way over the top (i.e. no bunnyhopping) next it will be "no avoiding enemy fire - stand there and take it like a man" ROFL

EA has these rules for all RANKED servers defining what can and can't be enforced as an "in house" rule - if a server goes beyond these limits - it can lose it's ranked status (i.e pistol only servers).  That said, having a "no bombing the uncaps" is perfectly fine

2.3 “In-House” Ranked Server Rules

Public Ranked Servers and Private rented clan servers may introduce custom rules that apply only to their servers and which result in minor changes to gameplay. These “in-house” rules are allowed as long as they do not violate the conditions of use of a ranked server as determined by DICE and EA and as long as they are explicitly announced in the server description or on the loading screen, so that players joining the server are aware of them before they start playing.

2.3.1 Disallowed “In-House” Ranked Server Rules:

Server Administrators may not implement or enforce server rules on ranked servers that prohibit players from using any roles, kits, weapons, vehicles or other features of the game while playing on their server. Examples of such rules that would violate the conditions of use are:

(a) Preventing any players from being Commander or Squad Leaders.

(b) Preventing any players from using certain vehicles such as jets, helicopters or tanks.

(c) Preventing any players from using commander assets (artillery, vehicle drop, UAV or scans).

(d) Preventing any players from using certain weapons or items (such as flashbangs or C4) or enforcing a “pistol only” or “knife only” server rule.

2.3.2 Allowed “In-House” Ranked Server Rules:

Server Administrators may implement and enforce rules that result in minor changes to gameplay behaviour or styles as long as these are clearly stated before a player starts playing on a server. These rules typically introduce minor restrictions on how a certain aspect of the game can be used.

Examples of such rules that are acceptable are:

(a) Players may not use explicit, offensive or racist language in-game.

(b) Players may not impersonate clan members or other server administrators.

(c) Players may not deliberately performing actions that hinder their own team (such as last-minute team-swapping to increase scores or statistics, excessive team-killing, destroying friendly vehicles, attacking team-mates,

deliberately placing themselves in a situation so they cause another player to team-kill them, using a vehicle while being the Commander that prevents them from performing any Commander functions (jet, etc.) or placing vehicles to block their own runways.

(d) Making attacks on enemy main bases (flags that cannot be captured), including artillery strikes, vehicle drops to block runways, bombing runs with aircraft or sustained infantry attacks. (Note that specific attacks targeting the enemy commander’s asset buildings are always allowed, even if they are within the enemy main base.)

(e) Using transport helicopters to quickly capture all flags with no attempt to engage the other team (flag hopping).

(f) Using C4 explosives on fast-moving vehicles to destroy other vehicles (C4-ramming)

(g) Ignoring requests from Server Administrators or abusing Server Administrators
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6864|Cologne, Germany

BF2 is not real, it's a game. Thus, just like in other games or sports, it is not uncommon that those who play together set up rules to ensure a fair and fun playing environment for everyone participating. The rules define what is allowed and what is not. what is so difficult to understand about that concept ? Football has rules, Baseball has rules. What's the difference ?

Apart from that basic part of the discussion, there is also a more practical aspect to this. If you play on a privately owned server, you'll have to live with the fact that those who pay for the server make the rules.
It's as easy as that. If you don't like the rules they have, you are free to find a server that fits your game attitude.

The rest is just personal opinion and no discussion about this will change anything. Ever.
Kendoson
+10|6718|Scotland
I think its ok for admins to make rules they pay to play there way. my server dont have no rules however did put in that h8ed swear filter after watching some noob screaming at my 4yo son typing and over voip even after warning him to calm down he continued on to become my first ever bann
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6763
For godsake when your loading into a server and you don't like the rules, THEN DISCONNECT and join a different one.

There's plenty of server out there, I sure you will find one to your liking.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard