1234BGD
+1|6756
I became paranoid engineer! Every time I put mines on a road or hide them somewhere before I move out I disarm them. What a waste, I know, but I just don't have the guts to leave them for careless bloody TK punish drivers to get killed by them. So when I plan ambush, I plant mines, hide and then keep telling my team where the mines are. Target gets destroyed by one mine and I remove the other mines.

my cursing is getting more and more colourful and it started involving dead-mothers and dogs... that is roughly how pissed I get when someone punishes my TK.

Am I only freak to disarm own mines before I go further?
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6844|A Small Isle in the Tropics

1234BGD wrote:

I became paranoid engineer! Every time I put mines on a road or hide them somewhere before I move out I disarm them. What a waste, I know, but I just don't have the guts to leave them for careless bloody TK punish drivers to get killed by them. So when I plan ambush, I plant mines, hide and then keep telling my team where the mines are. Target gets destroyed by one mine and I remove the other mines.

my cursing is getting more and more colourful and it started involving dead-mothers and dogs... that is roughly how pissed I get when someone punishes my TK.

Am I only freak to disarm own mines before I go further?
You are not alone
Bubkin
Pay It Forward
+8|6788
I pretty much use my mines like c4... and just throw them on top of a tank/apc/car.

I rarely put them on the ground anymore and when I do, I usually disarm them if I can.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6775|Human Meat Shield
I feel ya...I don't use Engineer unless I am in a BH or tank, otherwise they are useless, yeah sorry they are.  It's really funny after I plant mines on the road an enemy tank comes by and "Shoots" them away, and then when our team comes by they drive over them... ironic..

And they don't have long ranged weapons unless they are CQC and then they have to wait until someone gets close enough.  I see very few Engys.

Last edited by imdead (2005-11-24 05:55:23)

BeforeGod
+0|6821|British Columbia
Maybe if you defuse your own mine it should be returned to your inventory.
NamelessMarine
+0|6742
It is.

Maybe you should get a badge for that
freebirdpat
Base Rapist
+5|6760
I hate mines, because they are so visible. I think you should be able to wrench mines into the ground, and have them not hurt blow up friendly vehicles. And make it so that only engineers can see mines placed on the ground.
ghostgr
177th Field Artillery
+39|6748|In your head

freebirdpat wrote:

I hate mines, because they are so visible. I think you should be able to wrench mines into the ground, and have them not hurt blow up friendly vehicles. And make it so that only engineers can see mines placed on the ground.
I agree with you one hundred pecent!
_|x|ake|x|_
+0|6759|greenville, sc
yea i was playin on dalian plant and everytime id come down from spawn in a tank there would be mines there, and you can see them really good, so id shoot them and keep right on going, funny.......
Amwhere
+1|6771
I've found that engys are basically useless now. Lay a mine to prevent a tank from getting somewhere? All the tank needs to do is shoot the mine and the mine's gone. I've been killed by my own mine (on foot) that I've killed the enemy with one.
wendigo
+0|6739|San Rafael, CA
Dropping mines then leaving is a great way to get a few free TKs. 

I have found mines to be really useful when defending bases against armor, however.  If they don't know you're there, jump and throw mines on top of the armor then get back.  Next time they move, they're toast.  If they happen to see you and get out, well I guess it's time for a good old CQB fight against a shotgun.  I'm down!

Of course if they do get out, inevitably a team member will spawn at your newly recovered base, get into the armor, wonder "what's that red skull mean?", then explode and punish TK.  You can't win!
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6834|Australia
put them ontop of tanks....... the shoot, they die....
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6775|Human Meat Shield
Well again I was Engy and put mines on the ground just to see a tank roll by and blow them out of his way... Again what is an engineer for?? CQC? Bah, humbug! Blackhawks and repairing crap is the only use I've been able to get away with.
wendigo
+0|6739|San Rafael, CA

imdead wrote:

Well again I was Engy and put mines on the ground just to see a tank roll by and blow them out of his way... Again what is an engineer for?? CQC? Bah, humbug! Blackhawks and repairing crap is the only use I've been able to get away with.
Go roam the streets of Karkand with a Jackhammer and you will see what I mean.
Opiate
+0|6732|Ontario, Canada
Ahh good laugh.. I feel your pain. You just want to go postal on buddy. Blind as bats some of them.. But yea I've started dismantling after leaving a scene due to the same problem. Usually i'll make a path in the road so your team can get by, but that's assuming they have half a brain. Just the other day I was cleaning up my scene and a teammate ran into my mines .. as I was there taking them out .. sigh..

Last edited by Opiate (2005-12-05 12:12:00)

ENTR0PYMAN
+3|6794|The Void

ENTR0PYMAN wrote:

No Im not.
I tend to my machines of destruction.

I always send a message to my team. (this still means Im punished 80% instead of 99%)
I never leave them sitting without being somewhat close by. Make sure your seeds of doom come to fruition!!

If i have to leave the area..
I
1. pick up my mines...
2. blow the claymores.

Its just that easy.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard