ownership10
+9|6739
is there a way to fly in single player???  any tips cause i just cant seem to get the hang of flying the few times i tried...i have pretty much stopped tryin cause i dont want to hurt the teams

thanks
pedigreeuk
I'm English, not British!
+113|6778|Rotherham, England
Operation Clean Sweep has planes when playing singleplayer. I think thats the only one, but not dead certain.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6855|San Francisco

Simply create a local multiplayer server, this way you aren't limited to one plane, and you don't have to worry about bots stealing it.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6777|AUS, Canberra

tF-voodoochild wrote:

Simply create a local multiplayer server, this way you aren't limited to one plane, and you don't have to worry about bots stealing it.
thats what i do whenever i feel like stuffing around or trying somthing new, no lag, no enemy shooting you...very relaxing almost!
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6855|San Francisco

the_heart_attack wrote:

tF-voodoochild wrote:

thats what i do whenever i feel like stuffing around or trying somthing new, no lag, no enemy shooting you...very relaxing almost!
Yeah, I spend lots of time choppering around Dalian Plant, mostly just doing crazy stunts (ie. crashing into stuff while trying to do stupid flips...)
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6777|AUS, Canberra

tF-voodoochild wrote:

the_heart_attack wrote:

tF-voodoochild wrote:

Yeah, I spend lots of time choppering around Dalian Plant, mostly just doing crazy stunts (ie. crashing into stuff while trying to do stupid flips...)
yeh i spend a bit of time there too, trying to fly myself and get out on the edge of smoke stack. i think im about 0 and 500 for that one.
DonbeE
+0|6813
Get a GOOD joystick with rudder its the best opinion I can offer you
Lazarus Tag'lim
Have Wrench, Will Travel
+1|6788|Alabama Coast, USA

tF-voodoochild wrote:

...and you don't have to worry about bots stealing it.
Yeah... those bots are jet whores, and can't fly.  Um...   should I feel bad for TKing bots for vehicles?
M90Medic
Wiki Contributor
+2|6761|Medicland, sthlm

Lazarus Tag'lim wrote:

tF-voodoochild wrote:

...and you don't have to worry about bots stealing it.
Yeah... those bots are jet whores, and can't fly.  Um...   should I feel bad for TKing bots for vehicles?
YOU VEHICLEWHORE!!! I'M REPORTING YOU!!! DIE!!!
RedFiercare
The Kid
+2|6750
Well, if you just want to fly, take Voodoo's advice.  If you want AA/Competition...

Operation Clean Sweep has a jet.

Zatar Wetlands, Dailan Plant (I think...), Dragon Valley, have attack helis.

Songhua has Transport Choppers.
thinner44
+1|6816
Why not just join a server with no players. I've often done this to get good flying time in and usually get around an hour or so before someone joins. Even then, it's sometimes good to have a couple of likeminded people to help you out with the basics. Just as I did the other day when someone came on and said "I can't fly", within 5 mins, he was flying ...oh, and crashing
AirKnight
+0|6780
anouther way to practice, I join empty servers with somewhere between 32-64 player slots and then mess around, if someone or two join in, great ill have someone to mess around with trying different stuff,  as far as Dalian Plant and smokestack landing, Ive done that in US fighter helo and also flew down into the nuclier stack with all 4 helo's and the F35,  hovering in ther and getting back out can be a chore.   Try doing that in a full game and your dead lol.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6776|Human Meat Shield
I am going to be a plane whore!! I wanna fly dammit! I can fly from my CFS days, the controls are the same, but the helicopter I fly alot like a plane --- fast with nose pointed down, no wonder gunners hate me! You need at least two people, and the gunner needs to communicate. In the BH I seem to go 2 miles an hour. I still can't hover properly, and the bombing runs I miss really bad, I've practiced on singleplayer an seem to hit but in multiplayer its alot harder. You guys are just plane smart. *pun intended*

They have good flying tips on this forum also. 4th Slaythem actually has a video in a helo going under a bridge  then hovers; in which I seem to either hit the bridge, mountain, water or do flips to correct my flight.

Last edited by imdead (2005-11-25 15:00:32)

ownership10
+9|6739
thanks for the ideas guys, i will give it a try!!! need to get a joystick first though!
_|x|ake|x|_
+0|6759|greenville, sc
well when i first started i was really bad at flying, but the more i flew the better i got, didnt take long to get used to it though......im using WASD and still do pretty good, most of the time
-(PK)-DarkIllusion
+1|6847
i'm a go take some pics to show u guys how to bomb.. hold on

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard