Alleycat1969
+21|6748
Hello all

I am sorry if this has already been posted but is anybody been having problems when logging in, it took me 3min last night , and then when i was in a game and decided to leave, it would take about 2-3min to release me from the game ??

Cat
<^|0B1ackhawk0|^>
Banned
+79|6522|UK
Same with me,
remember me from that infantry server last night?
=TheGame.Pt=
+13|6489|PoRtUgAl
yeah...same here....i though it was from my slow pc....
Alleycat1969
+21|6748
Well Ill be blown; what a small workld yes I do remember you name 
Not sure what map it was as i played half Vanilla then half SF.
<^|0B1ackhawk0|^>
Banned
+79|6522|UK
you got xfire so we can play again
Alleycat1969
+21|6748
O.K this is good news as I though I had Spyware slowing my connection
It must have been the game Spy servers where all the accounts are held, maybee they were updating in anticipation for the Patch to be released ?
<^|0B1ackhawk0|^>
Banned
+79|6522|UK
i hope it is the patch
=TheGame.Pt=
+13|6489|PoRtUgAl

N)i(N06Blackhawk wrote:

i hope it is the patch
Alleycat1969
+21|6748
I dont have Xfire but hey I will set it up , and let u know my username 
I am at work now so later this evening ..
=TheGame.Pt=
+13|6489|PoRtUgAl

Alleycat1969 wrote:

I dont have Xfire but hey I will set it up , and let u know my username 
I am at work now so later this evening ..
When u get it u can add me too
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6648|Brisbane, Australia

No its not, for some reason, BF2 builds up all this useless shit about your account

Just delete your account through account management and retrieve it through Acc management too

That should do it!

Last edited by Sarrk (2006-08-07 03:28:06)

Alleycat1969
+21|6748
No probs...I will catch you later on then   : )
<^|0B1ackhawk0|^>
Banned
+79|6522|UK

Sarrk wrote:

No its not, for some reason, BF2 builds up all this useless shit about your account

Just delete your account through account management and retrieve it through Acc management too

That should do it!
its doing it to everyone explain that
Hyper
Banned
+154|6743

Sarrk wrote:

That should do it!
QFT
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6541|Southeastern USA
it's called "ea"
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6689|Germany
It usually takes longer on weekends when everybody is playing.
Took me 5 minutes to log on yesterday,but that's perfectly normal on weekends.
EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6644
On 1.12 I logged in pretty much instantly, on 1.22 it took a few seconds to login. On 1.3 it has taken 30 seconds and upwards. Last night it took a few minutes to login.

It's getting ridiculous.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6709|Riva, MD
It used to take me 3 minutes to login, then I disabled the start-up movies and it stopped.
apollo_fi
The Flying Kalakukko.
+94|6522|The lunar module
Clear your Favorites list.

BF2 queries the servers on your Favorites list during logon, and if some of them are offline or otherwise unreachable it takes some minutes for BF2 to time out and proceed with the logon.

You can clear the Favorites list by deleting all lines that start with 'GeneralSettings.addServerHistory' from the file ..\Personal Files\Battlefield 2\Profiles\000x\General.con.

There's a General.con for each profile you have, you should identify the profile you use for online gaming and edit the appropriate file. Mine is profile nr.3, so I usually edit the file

C:\Documents and Settings\apollo\Personal files\Battlefield 2\Profiles\0003\General.con.

Make a backup of the file before you edit, just in case.

The downside of this approach is that you'll, well, lose your Favorites list, but you don't have to do this often. I clear the list once a month.
Alleycat1969
+21|6748
Morning all ? ( I foget it could be afternoon or evening else where...)

Thanx for all the quick fixes , much appriciated : But it must have been external as I logged in quick time last night !
alexilaiho68
Where's my coffee gone!?
+45|6492|Australia

kr@cker wrote:

it's called "ea"
no, its not..

I would -1 you if I could
Lazzars
+4|6639
takes me 2 secs to log in every time with shitty comp and nothing special internet connection since i periodicly delete the account folder in by documents (copying the screenshots though) this keeps the login time right down since there isn't so much in the faves though i think there might be more to it than that, i dunno why really but it works
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6519|Belgium

just log in, go to multiplayer -> favorites and delete all servers in here (except for the ones you really want to keep), next time it will be 10 seconds to log in.

(so no need to delete your account and retrieve it as you have to change your key's, sensitivity etc again).

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard