ILLSeaBass
+0|6723
Hi, I having one heck of a time getting the PlayerInfo call to the GameSpy Stats server to return  data. Rank, Awards, etc all work fine but for some reason the PlayerInfo call returns nothing. I've searched all over, used the BF2 Stats Wiki site to develop my little app but they claim the service is still down (which I know it's not).  I'm using the following:

http://bf2web.gamespy.com/ASP/getplayer … d=44718824 (have tested using numerous pid's but still nothing.)

Are there additional querystring vars I need to pass/request?

Thanks,
Bass

Thanks in advance to those who can help me with this one.
str33k
+0|6838
gamespy blocks http: requests.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6839|"Frisco"

Not to mention that it is *technically* illegal to use that interface anymore. It's in the TOS/EULA thing you agreed to when running the installer for BF2/BF2:SF/SigningUpForGameSpyAccount
ILLSeaBass
+0|6723
Hmm. So how are BF2Stats, Gameslave and other stat sites able to retrieve player stats if it's *Illegal*?

Last edited by ILLSeaBass (2005-11-26 12:02:45)

str33k
+0|6838
bf2s.com and a few other sites have access to ea's xml feeds
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6838|North Texas
BF2s.com uses the new XML feed, which so far, is off limits to the general public. The one's that have permission to use this new feed, have an agreement with GS/IGN. It's a completely different server than the one you've apparently been using. They've gone out of their way, to block all traffic to the old site. It's only supposed to be used by their own app/game.

I can't say for certain what other sites use. This is the only one I frequent..
ILLSeaBass
+0|6723
Cool, thanks for the info. They only seem to block the Player Info and no other data calls. I've already written code to parse the Awards, Rank. etc in .Net 2.0.. sucks, without the player info it's useless. In any case I learned a few things while working on this small project. Oh well
[DC] Sf-Orry
+0|6718
hello,

I have a problem whit my player stats they won't update anymore
about 4 days ago i bought BF2: special forces and my stats arn't update any more ik have all readdy every
basis badges en stuff, and my overall score's are 3882 by now zo my question is are these stats gonna update or not?

Greetingz... Orry
[DC] Sf-Orry
+0|6718
oooh yeah forgot to tell the other site's http:\\battlefield2.nl, and gaveslave they have updated my stats so why they won't update here?

Many thanks for the one's who's helps my with this serious problem.....
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6838|North Texas
This is the message that is posted at the very top of everyone's stats page:

Some SpecialForces player's profile page will not be updating for the time being due to a bug in the EA XML feed. More...
[DC] Sf-Orry
+0|6718
so what you trying to say is that my stat's won't be updated?
and only when i'm playing battlefield2???
greetingzz..... Orry
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6839|"Frisco"

[DC] Sf-Orry wrote:

so what you trying to say is that my stat's won't be updated?
and only when i'm playing battlefield2???
greetingzz..... Orry
Just wait a week. I'll have it working again. BF2Tracker is getting the same bug -- it's not a bug on the community sites end, it's an EA bug.
ILLSeaBass
+0|6723
I just checkef out BF2Tracker and my stats are all updated, new badges, ribbons etc... So many it's just a strange issue with this site. In any case, Im in no rush.. stats are stats, it's just fun to play the game.
[DC] Sf-Orry
+0|6718
oke thank you ill wait for a while then!

greetingz...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard