|AIA| DAS
+23|6548|Me Dad's Wilkins

Vilham wrote:

|AIA| DAS wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Im not talking about sales, im talking about GOOD cars. A cheaper car will always have more sales than an expensive one, however that doesnt make it a better car. Thats like saying a Beatle is better than a DB9, which it clearly isn't.
I think you just reinforced my statement... The very definition of a good quality car is a testament to how long it lasts, i.e. how many miles, fewest repairs, etc.etc.  A Beatle is MUCH better than a DB9 when it comes to that...
Yes however that isnt performance, which is how a car is measured. Lets put it this way. You have 100,000 pounds and you can buy a car, the choice is the Beatle or a DB9. If you say you would buy the beatle you must be a fool.
Well, I didn't know what you meant, Most people judge a "good" car by many different factors, most important of which would be reliability. 

But to answer you question... I'd Buy a Honda, NSX, Duh...
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6725|Canberra, AUS
What the bloody hell are we talking about again?

This topic has been derailed twice in a single page
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6880|Denver colorado

redhawk454 wrote:

I decided to put this post up because I am sick and tired of people from other nations putting myself and other Americans down. 1: America invented the internet, remember this the next time you feel America sux. 2: America is the home to Microsoft(ok bad example) but for most of the people who play BF2, that includes windows. 3 America bailed England and France out during WWII(plz dispute). I guess most of the other nations were fans of Adolf Hitler, he wanted complete gun control, so his subject couldn't resist, (he wasnt much different than Saddam Hussein). Oh I am sorry that was supposed to be about WMD's actually it was about human rights. Then again America entered WWII because Japan bombed Pearl Harbor, what did that have to do with the Nazi's and Europe? Ok Japan and Germany And Italy were the Axis powers. Still only Japan attacked us so why did we care if some other country was being controlled against their will? Because this is America. Afghanistan held Osama Bin Ladin. Saddam Hussein was no different than Adolph Hitler. No matter what I put here, there will be but this, but that, but its. I Invite other PATRIOTIC Americans to put their 2Bits worth in here. Just because its about time we told the world WTF.
America is cool and all you who go and bitch about something you've never been to is like sheer racism.

heres what i hear when a person talks from his computer about a country hes heard about.
"oh i hate those africans, they are all skinny and stuff"or
"god i hate the brits they drink tea like pussys" 

thats vurtually the same as "i think all americans are fat!" or "dont go droping your big mac you blimey yank"

lol. lol.

my point is that you shouldnt try to talk about something you dont fully understand and has many fans? without actually having a firsthand account of something that happened.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6817|UK

Spark wrote:

What the bloody hell are we talking about again?

This topic has been derailed twice in a single page
We are debating if America makes the best cars. Which in my opinion they dont, they make reliable cars like my Ford Focus but that doesnt make it a good car. In my opinion, its a contest between Japan and certain countries in Europe.
BVC
+325|6746
Ford Falcon coupes > all

My olds just got a new focus the other day, showed my yesterday, nice wee cars those
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6612

|AIA| DAS wrote:

BREAKING
NEWSFLASH-----BUBBALO Has A Differing Opinion, And misses the point completely...

*Yawns*
The point is what country makes the best cars, I was pointing out that "best" is context specific.  Who's missing the point?
snuten_i_sjoholmen
+9|6524|Svea Rike
The best car in the world is Volvo, perhaps v70r or s60r if you dont like wagons. It's safe and pretty clean for the nature.

And by the way. This topic was originally about how good america is. But one thing that I do not understand about America is why they got so many people living in the streets and stuff. There is alot of poor people who cant afford health care, something that we in sweden take for granted because we pay much in taxes. And we have the lowest number of children under 5 dying in the world, I think it's 3.5 of every 1000. And US has 8 of every 1000. So there is things about America that some people maybe dont realize..
I belive it's good to live in America if you are wealthy, but if your'e not, then its a different story.

Last edited by snuten_i_sjoholmen (2006-08-06 16:04:21)

fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6541|Menlo Park, CA

Bubbalo wrote:

|AIA| DAS wrote:

BREAKING
NEWSFLASH-----BUBBALO Has A Differing Opinion, And misses the point completely...

*Yawns*
The point is what country makes the best cars, I was pointing out that "best" is context specific.  Who's missing the point?
You could argue till the suns comes up on this one. . . .

Japenese cars or German made would be my two manufacturers who make the best autos!! American cars are great, its just they are inconsistent!! I drive a Ford Mustang, and I love it, no probs *knocks wood* at all thus far!!
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6612

fadedsteve wrote:

Exactly.  If you're driving through the wilds of Africa, you don't want a Ferrari.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6579|Global Command

fadedsteve wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

|AIA| DAS wrote:

BREAKING

*Yawns*

Japenese cars or German made would be my two manufacturers who make the best autos!! American cars are great, its just they are inconsistent!! I drive a Ford Mustang, and I love it, no probs *knocks wood* at all thus far!!
My I own 6 vehicles; a 98 Dodge truck 230k miles, runes great, a ford f150 215k, runs great, 2 Chevy work vans with 200k +, runs great, a Ford work van 300K runs great looks like hell, also a Kawasaki dirt bike ( new ).
My wife owns a Volkswagon, and its been recalled 5 times and all the weather stripping is coming off.
     What ever happen to good German engineering?
snuten_i_sjoholmen
+9|6524|Svea Rike
My parents have 2 volvos, both have gone almost 350'000km(something like 220k miles) they both run great, my brother however have a pontiac trans sport that has mostly been standing still because of varius problem with the car. And when it is in traffic its almost hillarius how much fuel it takes and still go slow as hell.. I noticed one really american thing about that car, there are like over 10 cupholders(haha) and of course it is automatic gearbox.
BVC
+325|6746
My brother has a 1996 BMW528i, that thing is NICE!  I think the new Focus was german-designed.
redhawk454
+50|6598|Divided States of America

TimBob wrote:

I dont think Americans invented the Internet - i think a Russian Physisicist did
Dont think, it might hurt!!!
redhawk454

Bubbalo wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Please , let me ask you about serfdom and your history. This sounds pretty close to a slave to me.

A serf could not leave the land without the landlords permission, nor could he marry off his daughters unless the lord allowed it. Perhaps worst of all, serfs could not petition the courts for relief from abuse they might receive from their lord. Serfs had to give a large chunk of their crop to the overlord, contribute free labor and pay fees for a long list of items.
But by the same token, they weren't property.  Their lords had a responsibility to protect them from harm, and provide them with necessities they could not obtain doing their duties (for example, in Russia the lords were responsible for supplying firewood).

I'm not saying that his statements were accurate in spirit, but your comparison is foolish.
In America that was different how? More slaves died after they were freed because they could not fend for themselves.
redhawk454

|AIA| DAS wrote:

Vilham wrote:

|AIA| DAS wrote:

Well Ok, now you're just pissin on my shoes...The best selling (Consumer Owned) car in America is the Honda Accord.  The best selling car (overall Sales) is a Toyota Camry.
Im not talking about sales, im talking about GOOD cars. A cheaper car will always have more sales than an expensive one, however that doesnt make it a better car. Thats like saying a Beatle is better than a DB9, which it clearly isn't.
I think you just reinforced my statement... The very definition of a good quality car is a testament to how long it lasts, i.e. how many miles, fewest repairs, etc.etc.  A Beatle is MUCH better than a DB9 when it comes to that...
Isnt land rover a british company? I thought FORD bought them.
redhawk454

Vilham wrote:

|AIA| DAS wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Yes however that isnt performance, which is how a car is measured. Lets put it this way. You have 100,000 pounds and you can buy a car, the choice is the Beatle or a DB9. If you say you would buy the beatle you must be a fool.
It can sit in the garage broke. You cant get it fixed because you blew your whole wad when you bought the car.
EVieira
+105|6529|Lutenblaag, Molvania

redhawk454 wrote:

BMW bought Land Rover. Ford bought Jaguar.
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered;  the point is to discover them."
Galileo Galilei  (1564-1642)
|AIA| DAS
+23|6548|Me Dad's Wilkins

EVieira wrote:

redhawk454 wrote:

Umh, No, as of Today, Ford Owns Both...The previous Model of Range Rover had A BMW engine, that is as close as it gets...
EVieira

|AIA| DAS wrote:

EVieira wrote:

redhawk454 wrote:

Umh, No, as of Today, Ford Owns Both...The previous Model of Range Rover had A BMW engine, that is as close as it gets...
BMW had bought Land Rover. I stand corrected.
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered;  the point is to discover them."
EVieira

redhawk454 wrote:

I decided to put this post up because I am sick and tired of people from other nations putting myself and other Americans down. 1: America invented the internet, remember this the next time you feel America sux.
Hey red, I don't give a crap who invented the internet. I pay my bills, including my internet acess bill, and live in a free country. That gives me the right to bash US, France, Canada or any other country I feel like. If you don't like it, your are welcome to debate it. But you cannot, no matter how hard you try, keep me or anyone else from speaking their mind even if it is not to your liking.

redhawk454 wrote:

2: America is the home to Microsoft(ok bad example) but for most of the people who play BF2, that includes windows.
Talk about a bad example...

redhawk454 wrote:

3 America bailed England and France out during WWII(plz dispute). I guess most of the other nations were fans of Adolf Hitler, he wanted complete gun control, so his subject couldn't resist, (he wasnt much different than Saddam Hussein). Oh I am sorry that was supposed to be about WMD's actually it was about human rights. Then again America entered WWII because Japan bombed Pearl Harbor, what did that have to do with the Nazi's and Europe? Ok Japan and Germany And Italy were the Axis powers. Still only Japan attacked us so why did we care if some other country was being controlled against their will? Because this is America. Afghanistan held Osama Bin Ladin. Saddam Hussein was no different than Adolph Hitler. No matter what I put here, there will be but this, but that, but its. I Invite other PATRIOTIC Americans to put their 2Bits worth in here. Just because its about time we told the world WTF.
I don't care if the US bailed this or that country, or if they send money here or there, or if they liberated this or that country. I still have te right to my opinions, and will post them whenever I want to.

What you should do is not take it personally, and defend your point by posting your replies. And know that I'll be right behind you defending America too when some dimwit uses some crappy argument for no other reason but to just to put down the US. With pleasure.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6600|Southeastern USA

EVieira wrote:

|AIA| DAS wrote:

EVieira wrote:

BMW had bought Land Rover. I stand corrected.
I believe BMW bought the now defunct rover car division, which owned the rights to Cooper so they could really fuck up the reputation of what was once a kickass little ride
Widow_Warrior
+7|6539|SOUTH ENGLAND

redhawk454 wrote:

I decided to put this post up because I am sick and tired of people from other nations putting myself and other Americans down. 1: America invented the internet, remember this the next time you feel America sux. 2: America is the home to Microsoft(ok bad example) but for most of the people who play BF2, that includes windows. 3 America bailed England and France out during WWII(plz dispute). I guess most of the other nations were fans of Adolf Hitler, he wanted complete gun control, so his subject couldn't resist, (he wasnt much different than Saddam Hussein). Oh I am sorry that was supposed to be about WMD's actually it was about human rights. Then again America entered WWII because Japan bombed Pearl Harbor, what did that have to do with the Nazi's and Europe? Ok Japan and Germany And Italy were the Axis powers. Still only Japan attacked us so why did we care if some other country was being controlled against their will? Because this is America. Afghanistan held Osama Bin Ladin. Saddam Hussein was no different than Adolph Hitler. No matter what I put here, there will be but this, but that, but its. I Invite other PATRIOTIC Americans to put their 2Bits worth in here. Just because its about time we told the world WTF.
ok you invented the internet , but so what , i had a better life without it , i spent more time with my family for a start , now all i seem to do is read these posts , in witch the peeps of the usa say how they are the worlds superpower , you saved the brits from ww2 ,,,, so what , who cares , we were doing fine in the war thnx , afterall you did come in at the last minute . And was hitler really a bad person ? It would be intresting to see the outcome today if germany would of beat us ,, we probarlly would have none of this crap in the middle east going on,, tell us your thoughts.
Besides we have invented some shit to
http://inventors.about.com/library/inve … entors.htm

Last edited by Widow_Warrior (2006-08-07 15:22:01)

SoC./Omega
+122|6591|Omaha, Nebraska!

Widow_Warrior wrote:

redhawk454 wrote:

ok you invented the internet , but so what , i had a better life without it , i spent more time with my family for a start , now all i seem to do is read these posts , in witch the peeps of the usa say how they are the worlds superpower , you saved the brits from ww2 ,,,, so what , who cares , we were doing fine in the war thnx , afterall you did come in at the last minute . And was hitler really a bad person ? It would be intresting to see the outcome today if germany would of beat us ,, we probarlly would have none of this crap in the middle east going on,, tell us your thoughts.
Besides we have invented some shit to
http://inventors.about.com/library/inve … entors.htm
hitler was a bad person.
kuntpunch_37
Banned
+7|6544|Little Rock, Arkansas bitches

Widow_Warrior wrote:

we were doing fine in the war thnx , afterall you did come in at the last minute .
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  Doing fine in the war my ass...
Widow_Warrior
+7|6539|SOUTH ENGLAND

kuntpunch_37 wrote:

Widow_Warrior wrote:

we were doing fine in the war thnx , afterall you did come in at the last minute .
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  Doing fine in the war my ass...
Well thats your opinion , and opinions are like assholes , everyone has one , and they usaully stink

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard