Lisik
+74|6507|Israel
80% civilians, 15% wildlife and livestock, 3% enemies and 2% miss
*found myself telling the same thing twise*

look my post where i say what i found naive!!!

A deliberate one?
No!
Wasder
Resident Emo Hater
+139|6681|Moscow, Russia
What Israel is doing is a damn straight genocide.
Hezbollah, that Israelis say they're fighting is not only a military/terrorist organization. It is a political organization, supported by the greater part of Lebanon poputalion, namely the Shiites.
So to fight Hezbollah, they have to fight the greater part of Lebanon's population. The civillians. And that's just what the assholes do.
It pisses me off how they drop leaflets telling the civillians to GTFO of their houses, as their location is suspected to have terrorists and is about to be bombed to ground. Who the fuck are they to tell the people of an independent country what to do, especially if they are civillians who did nothing wrong?
I hate it when they say in the news: "Israel did the bombings, 30 civillians dead, 2 terrorists destroyed."<--What the fuck is that? Why doesn't Israel use only their well-trained special forces to combat terrorists? Why do they bomb civillians, living quarters? Are thet afraid to have high personell casualties?
But they don't give a shit about the civillian people of the neighbouring country dieing under their bombs.
That's why they are worse than terrorists. They are performing genocide.
choongy
+4|6485|SYDNEY AUSTRALIA

Bubbalo wrote:

Let me clarify:  From a nuetral standpoint (that is, not from our perspective) would it be worse than what we have now?  How?
It would be worse, because although americans can be full of themselves and bush is an idiot they at least try and take a humanitarian approach. They could have crushed Iraq completely and to hell with civilian casualties, but they didn't. I cant see any of the Arab countries being as nice.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6638|Finland

Wasder wrote:

Hezbollah, that Israelis say they're fighting is not only a military/terrorist organization. It is a political organization, supported by the greater part of Lebanon poputalion, namely the Shiites.
So to fight Hezbollah, they have to fight the greater part of Lebanon's population. The civillians. And that's just what the assholes do.
It pisses me off how they drop leaflets telling the civillians to GTFO of their houses, as their location is suspected to have terrorists and is about to be bombed to ground. Who the fuck are they to tell the people of an independent country what to do, especially if they are civillians who did nothing wrong?
I hate it when they say in the news: "Israel did the bombings, 30 civillians dead, 2 terrorists destroyed."<--What the fuck is that? Why doesn't Israel use only their well-trained special forces to combat terrorists? Why do they bomb civillians, living quarters? Are thet afraid to have high personell casualties?
But they don't give a shit about the civillian people of the neighbouring country dieing under their bombs.
14 civilian casualties today alone.
I need around tree fiddy.
Lisik
+74|6507|Israel

Wasder wrote:

look at yourself till u judge someone! look what have your army did in chechnia! lebanon its 5 time worst then chechnia!
choongy
+4|6485|SYDNEY AUSTRALIA

DonFck wrote:

peacekeeper:
          a member of a military force that is assigned (often with
          international sanction) to preserve peace in a trouble
          area.

However, this preservation of peace fails when sides are determined to destroy one another.

Lisik wrote:

victim of war
A deliberate one?

Let's for a moment imagine ourselves in a hypothetical situation where some impartial people become killed by an airstrike followed by artillery and no actual enemies are killed. Let's also imagine the hypothetical scenario where bombardments seem to kill 80% civilians, 15% wildlife and livestock, 3% enemies and 2% miss. Casualties of war, you say?

Oh wait.. ..that really happened!

But hey, this is just the opinion I've formed by listening/watching from what I can tell, impartial news.
But why the hell would Israel want to bomb Un peacekeepers, especially with the international backlash? It doesnt make sense
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6638|Finland

choongy wrote:

But why the hell would Israel want to bomb Un peacekeepers, especially with the international backlash? It doesnt make sense
It really doesn't.. Still, how does a country with one of the worlds finest and most accurate military intelligence commit a fuckup of that magnitude. They don't, do they?

Somehow just a simple "oops" doesn't quite cut it.
choongy
+4|6485|SYDNEY AUSTRALIA

Wasder wrote:

Im not sure if the number of civilian deaths = genocide. yet. And if the greter part of Lebanon's population support Hezbolla, then the bastards deserve to get what's coming. IM not sure i believe this talk of how Lebanese civilians are completely innocent, im sure they hate Israel just as much as Hezbollah. I'd like to know how Hezbollah became so powerful in the first place, they'd needed the support of the public right?
choongy
+4|6485|SYDNEY AUSTRALIA

DonFck wrote:

choongy wrote:

It really doesn't.. Still, how does a country with one of the worlds finest and most accurate military intelligence commit a fuckup of that magnitude. They don't, do they?

Somehow just a simple "oops" doesn't quite cut it.
Even in the modern warfare mistakes are still made, so it could be simply "oops", though i agree it's unlikely. Maybe those sneaky Hezbolla's set up rockets near the compound, i dunno. I also agree with the idea of using spec forces to take out the terrorists, i cant see why it wouldnt work.
spastic bullet
would like to know if you are on crack
+77|6547|vancouver

choongy wrote:

1.  Are you the US?  No?  Then Israel doesn't care what you think.
2.  Are you the UN?  Yes?  Then Israel really doesn't care what you think.
3.  Lots of UN casualties = contributing countries reluctant to provide personnel to future UN missions in the area.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6681|Canberra, AUS

danUK wrote:

OMG

Some of you arrogant yanks really need to wake up....

Do you really think that any of the action that your country supports or carrys out in the Middle East has anything to do with 'Terrorism'.

Your countrys sole reason for meddling there is that thick, black stuff that comes from the ground - yes well done, OIL + FUTURE CONTROL OF IT

Every government always has a true motive and a good excuse for these actions, with the UK being no exception - why do you think we have just commited so many troops to Afghansitan? No nothing to do with the Taliban or 'Terrorism' but it could, maybe, possibly to do with the fact that 90% of Heroin entering the UK comes from Afghanistan and the smack trade here is getting out of control.

And don't give me your 'be a man, you're a pussy' bullshit, I served in the British Army and we have spent the last 40 years fighting 'Terrorism' in Northern Ireland (and how can we blame them as we cut their country in two) - which coincidentally most of the IRA's cash + weapons came from you....
I don't get it.

Lebanon has nothing to do with oil. The only thing they have to do with oil is the fact that about a million tons of it has fucked their beaches and their main industry.

Hezbollah has nothing to do with oil - they're more like, say, Hamas. A islamic (bbut not fundementalist) group that has a military wing and a political wing. Both are very powerful and influential in Lebanon.

So how many casualties HAVE there been? Not quite sure.

So... worst case Lebanese civilian:Hezbollah dead ration is... about 16:1. That's not good - but its worst case so its unlikely.

Best case (for IDF) is about... 5:4. Still not too flash - but BEST case so also unlikely.

MIDDLE case - most likely outcome - 670 civilians dead to 225 militants. That's a ratio of 3:1. Not good at all.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
spastic bullet
would like to know if you are on crack
+77|6547|vancouver

choongy wrote:

Im not sure if the number of civilian deaths = genocide. yet. And if the greter part of Lebanon's population support Hezbolla, then the bastards deserve to get what's coming. IM not sure i believe this talk of how Lebanese civilians are completely innocent, im sure they hate Israel just as much as Hezbollah. I'd like to know how Hezbollah became so powerful in the first place, they'd needed the support of the public right?
Hezbollah = 11% of all the seats in the Lebanese parliament.  Of course, they'll probably do better in the next round of elections, because Israel is making them seem like "heroes". 

According to the BBC, in Beirut...

BBC wrote:

Many Lebanese readily agree that Hezbollah gravely miscalculated when they captured those two Israeli soldiers on 12 July - but now they go on to say: "We were never Hezbollah. But we are all Hezbollah now. The Israeli response is completely unjustified."

I have met some who curse Hezbollah, and who say the Israeli bombardment is understandable. Some, but not many.

And I don't think "But we are all Hezbollah now" is just talk. The more Israel destroys, the more supporters Hezbollah will be able to recruit.
Source:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5248500.stm
choongy
+4|6485|SYDNEY AUSTRALIA

spastic bullet wrote:

choongy wrote:

1.  Are you the US?  No?  Then Israel doesn't care what you think.
2.  Are you the UN?  Yes?  Then Israel really doesn't care what you think.
3.  Lots of UN casualties = contributing countries reluctant to provide personnel to future UN missions in the area.
I dont think that would make countries more reluctant, it would just make them more pissed and result in a bigger peackeeper force.
Lisik
+74|6507|Israel
lol

watch the k\d ratio of millitans\civilians in fight for berlin! u will be surpriced!
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6638|Finland

Lisik wrote:

lol

watch the k\d ratio of millitans\civilians in fight for berlin! u will be surpriced!
You wouldn't mind posting a link so we can check it out?

I would be extremely grateful if your posts had a bit more content. This content I'm referring to could be the beforementioned links (sources), argumentations, facts (and sources of those).

At this point you're only posting short comments and hoping that these would by some magical and weirding way change our views on things and start justifying the entity of "incidents" in the eastern region of the Mediterranean. It ain't that kind of a party.

I know, I also post short and unfounded comments every now and again, but not in that magnitude.

I for one, am ready to see some actual factual material that could work as a "foundation" for your posts.

Thank you.

Last edited by DonFck (2006-08-07 04:52:23)

Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6567

choongy wrote:

I dont think that would make countries more reluctant, it would just make them more pissed and result in a bigger peackeeper force.
Oh, yes, because places like Somalia and Sudan have showed us how countries love to jump into hot zones.
choongy
+4|6485|SYDNEY AUSTRALIA

spastic bullet wrote:

choongy wrote:

Hezbollah = 11% of all the seats in the Lebanese parliament.  Of course, they'll probably do better in the next round of elections, because Israel is making them seem like "heroes". 

According to the BBC, in Beirut...

BBC wrote:

Many Lebanese readily agree that Hezbollah gravely miscalculated when they captured those two Israeli soldiers on 12 July - but now they go on to say: "We were never Hezbollah. But we are all Hezbollah now. The Israeli response is completely unjustified."

I have met some who curse Hezbollah, and who say the Israeli bombardment is understandable. Some, but not many.

And I don't think "But we are all Hezbollah now" is just talk. The more Israel destroys, the more supporters Hezbollah will be able to recruit.
Source:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5248500.stm
The bombings in Beirut are stupid, agreed, but SOMEONE had to support Hezbollah for them to get into Parliament, most likely people in the south. And i didnt mean the whole public has to support Hezbollah, but i stand by what i said about those supporting Hezbollah.
choongy
+4|6485|SYDNEY AUSTRALIA

Bubbalo wrote:

choongy wrote:

Oh, yes, because places like Somalia and Sudan have showed us how countries love to jump into hot zones.
Well the UN seems pretty fired up about a peacekepping force right now
Lisik
+74|6507|Israel
It is true Britain's "night area bombing" resulted in the destruction of Hamburg, Cologne and Dresden. More than one million tonnes of explosives were dropped on German towns and villages, resulting in the death of 635,000 people.

This was not Britain's finest hour.

http://www.winstonchurchill.org/i4a/pag … pageid=832

SO... It is not Israeli finest hour.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6638|Finland

Lisik wrote:

It is good to see that you're admitting it.

Last edited by DonFck (2006-08-07 05:26:04)

HM1{N}
+86|6650|East Coast via Los Angeles, CA

danUK wrote:

OMG

Some of you arrogant yanks really need to wake up....

Do you really think that any of the action that your country supports or carrys out in the Middle East has anything to do with 'Terrorism'.

Your countrys sole reason for meddling there is that thick, black stuff that comes from the ground - yes well done, OIL + FUTURE CONTROL OF IT

Every government always has a true motive and a good excuse for these actions, with the UK being no exception - why do you think we have just commited so many troops to Afghansitan? No nothing to do with the Taliban or 'Terrorism' but it could, maybe, possibly to do with the fact that 90% of Heroin entering the UK comes from Afghanistan and the smack trade here is getting out of control.

And don't give me your 'be a man, you're a pussy' bullshit, I served in the British Army and we have spent the last 40 years fighting 'Terrorism' in Northern Ireland (and how can we blame them as we cut their country in two) - which coincidentally most of the IRA's cash + weapons came from you....
Umm, there is NO OIL in Israel or Lebanon...
HM1{N}
+86|6650|East Coast via Los Angeles, CA

DonFck wrote:

Lisik wrote:

..coz when 50ton bomb fals on bunker were hezbollah made a conference, and in news they say 1 terrorist and 25 civilians - its naive!
And when a 50 ton bomb lands on a bunker with UN peace keepers it's..?
Murder to hide the truth...no witnesses means the world can't witness genocide.
Lisik
+74|6507|Israel

DonFck wrote:

Lisik wrote:

It is good to see that you're admitting it.
i think its not a secret that israeli not enjoing killing civilians! but when question comes to "kill or be killed" ....
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6567
Except that at the moment it's "Kill and be killed"
one_of_ten
+7|6662|Brussels, Belgium

Lisik wrote:

It is true Britain's "night area bombing" resulted in the destruction of Hamburg, Cologne and Dresden. More than one million tonnes of explosives were dropped on German towns and villages, resulting in the death of 635,000 people.

It's not Israeli finest hour but I am sure that they are able to avoid civilian deaths, I thought that the IDF intelligence was the best.

The IDF says that they have destroyed 2/3 of the rockets but the attacks agains Israel are pursuing so we can see that the tactic used is clearly not working, unless the death of lots of civilians and the destruction of civilian buildings is considered as a sucess from the Israeli side.....

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard