BallisticallyYours
+23|6637|Chicago, IL

Widow_Warrior wrote:

BallisticallyYours wrote:

Widow_Warrior wrote:

this coming from a country that would not let african americans , share the same pavement , beach , water fountain , must i go on , and all this was only a few decades ago .
You can change I assume, I don't hold the same values my anscestors held friend, I never viewed another person as property, kind of a low blow don't you think?
if you think its low i apoligise , but im just stating the obvious
I realise your need to stir the pot on historical events but remeber England has a much longer timeline... and I'm certain a list of its own dirty laundry, but that does not mean I would use it to generalize your population, when it is you I am speaking to.

Last edited by BallisticallyYours (2006-08-05 13:22:10)

ATG
Banned
+5,233|6535|Global Command

Bertster7 wrote:

ATG wrote:

Britian was a world superpower and they got there arses handed to them twice here by the states with a fraction of the population.
Which states were these? I must have missed that.

I thought Britain lost all their money doing the bulk of the fighting throughout two world wars, which America stayed mostly out of. Until, of course, they got bombed themselves and realised that the outcome of the war in the rest of the world would effect them, since the Axis powers were by that point too powerful for the US to take on alone - which is why the alliance with Stalin was suggested by Eisenhower.
Colonies? 1776 Britian  FAIL
States?    1812 Britian  FAIL

And thats the United States to you.
-xXx-MoFo
+5|6624

Widow_Warrior wrote:

this coming from a country that would not let african americans , share the same pavement , beach , water fountain , must i go on , and all this was only a few decades ago .
No now instead we Kiss the asses of Blacks that walk the same pavement, beaches, and water fountains....
Which is worse than not letting them walk on the same ....

Widow is just breaking balls now,He knows what superpower is superior,We could kick any countries ass to any extent if our government says go for it..The only reason we do shitty at small conflicst like nam and others and turn out with casualties of our own is due to the government not allowing the military to actually fuck a population up..The US holds much back,, We hold back cures ,we hold back natural resources ,We hold back alternate energy.. We hold back and pussy foot alot of things .And why is that? Money .. We are a smart but stupid nation we also hold one state that could tear down any country and that is The wonderful State of New Fucking York with New your fucking City ( Guess we could include Jersey in that as well) LOL

-xXx-MoFo
MoFos half ass sig
"Come to our server so I can ban you"
BallisticallyYours
+23|6637|Chicago, IL

-xXx-MoFo wrote:

Widow_Warrior wrote:

No now instead we Kiss the asses of Blacks that walk the same pavement, beaches, and water fountains....

Widow is just breaking balls now,He knows what superpower is superior,We could kick any countries ass to any extent if our government says go for it..The only reason we do shitty at small conflicst like nam and others and turn out with casualties of our own is due to the government not allowing the military to actually fuck a population up..The US holds much back,, We hold back cures ,we hold back natural resources ,We hold back alternate energy.. We hold back and pussy foot alot of things .And why is that? Money .. We are a smart but stupid nation we also hold one state that could tear down any country and that is The wonderful State of New Fucking York with New your fucking City ( Guess we could include Jersey in that as well) LOL

-xXx-MoFo
MoFos half ass sig
Quite possibly, my opinion (which is up for debate) is this: We as Americans have never been humanitarians per se'.... we more or less destroy things and pulverize things, before we ever send troops in? I may be wrong. If that is the case why don't we admit it and let the humanutarians take the stage. I don't think we can be both.<Sarcasm Ends>

Last edited by BallisticallyYours (2006-08-06 17:41:16)

CameronPoe wrote:

Even the 'potato-munching alcoholic leprechaun fenian bastard paddies' of Ireland handed them their asses. The empire is dead - live with it.
Irelands freedom was givin to them not earned through war. No secret they lanuched thier guerilla attacks on the cusp of WW1 knowing England would be unwilling to launch a large scale war against them simply to retain Ireland *which served little gain*. A grand total of not less than 500 IRA soldiers died in their independance.. pretty obvious it was no large conflict. If indeed in your fictional world that Ireland "handed thier asses to them" then North Ireland wouldnt exist.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6657|USA

-xXx-MoFo wrote:

Widow_Warrior wrote:

-xXx-MoFo
MoFos half ass sig
Quite possibly, my opinion (which is up for debate) is this: We as Americans have never been humanitarians per se'.... we more or less destroy things and pulverize things, before we ever send troops in? I may be wrong. If that is the case why don't we admit it and let the humanutarians take the stage. I don't think we can be both.
http://www.usaid.gov/locations/asia_near_east/tsunami/

http://usinfo.state.gov/xarchives/displ … t0.2383692

http://www.trumanlibrary.org/whistlesto … e/docs.php

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.h … A965958260

believe me, I could go on and on and on
Sgt.Zubie
+77|6581
Well let me throw my 2 cents into the who kicks ass bowl. First off if we fought the Vietnam war without one hand tied behind our backs with the other hand dealing with public opinion(the two go hand in hand) we would have destroyed that country completely. Luckily we didn't do that. We thought we could stop the spread of Communism by just killing a bunch of Vietnamese commies, we were wrong. Such was there resolve.

We're having the same problem in Iraq, granted it's for our economic interests on one hand. and also I believe with a true desire to set up a free democratic system. A model for the middle east so to speak. But I do not think it is possible due to the tribal nature of the Arab world. So we cannot just destroy the country and kill everyone till they capitulate, so were stuck fighting again without using our full might.

Do I think we should go all out and destroy Iraq to set an example?  No, I wish we would have put all our eggs so to speak in Afghanistan. We had Iraq contained, we should have worked hard on the diplomatic front in Iraq. We had Saddam over a barrel in time we may could of made a difference with diplomacy.

Now I'm all for the war on terror, I just think we should have went about it a little differently. If we put the money in Afghanistan we put into Iraq I think we could of made a big difference. The Afghans in general were very happy to get out from under the Taliban. Just as a big number of Iraqis were happy to be rid of Saddam. Difference is a great dill of them liked it the way it was, plus Iran has great influence on the Shiite population of Iraq.

As far as Somalia, as some have already stated, we tried to help they didn't want it so screw em...not worth dieing for.

Anyway just a few thoughts, I haven't really cut lose and said a lot around here....some are probably glad.
jonsimon
+224|6501

lowing wrote:

-xXx-MoFo wrote:

-xXx-MoFo
MoFos half ass sig
Quite possibly, my opinion (which is up for debate) is this: We as Americans have never been humanitarians per se'.... we more or less destroy things and pulverize things, before we ever send troops in? I may be wrong. If that is the case why don't we admit it and let the humanutarians take the stage. I don't think we can be both.

If only we had a running tally of the damage we cause. Somehow I don't think the two balance well.
senor_fulff
+25|6766|Yorkshire, UK.
It's because in the American leadership's eyes, USA = Police of the world.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6657|USA

jonsimon wrote:

lowing wrote:

If only we had a running tally of the damage we cause. Somehow I don't think the two balance well.
I wasn't addressing the negative things about America, he questioned our humanitarian efforts in this world and I addressed that.

I leave the America bashing to apologists and appeasers, such as yourself.
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6652
Just be happy that the U.S. does, because if they didn't your country probably wouldn't exist right now.
BallisticallyYours
+23|6637|Chicago, IL

lowing wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

I wasn't addressing the negative things about America, he questioned our humanitarian efforts in this world and I addressed that.

Giving a country a boat load of assisstance aid does not feel all that humanitarian to me? Look at Kim and Korea.... money doesn't buy respect. I was originally speaking about "obviously we (Americans) don't do any thing right in the worlds eyes" as usual you again missed the sarcasm, I will spell it next time. Good examples though, I feel better having read it.

Last edited by BallisticallyYours (2006-08-06 17:49:10)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6657|USA

lowing wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

Giving a country a boat load of assisstance aid does not feel all that humanitarian to me? Look at Kim and Korea.... money doesn't buy respect. I was originally speaking about "obviously we (Americans) don't do any thing right in the worlds eyes" as usual you again missed the sarcasm, I will spell it next time. Good examples though, I feel better having read it.
you are absolutely correct, as usual, I DID miss the sarcasm. My apologies. I am terrible at putting the inflection into someones words when I read them if the writing isn't painfully, obviously, sarcastic.
BallisticallyYours
+23|6637|Chicago, IL

lowing wrote:

lowing wrote:

you are absolutely correct, as usual, I DID miss the sarcasm. My apologies. I am terrible at putting the inflection into someones words when I read them if the writing isn't painfully, obviously, sarcastic.
Sorry my sentences tend to be cryptic, its my fault really. It is allot like trying to pick emotions out of an e-mail isnt it? I am one American who feels this nation is under appreciated and yes we do screw up but who's perfect?

Last edited by BallisticallyYours (2006-08-06 18:00:41)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6657|USA

lowing wrote:

Sorry my sentences tend to be cryptic, its my fault really. It is allot like trying to pick emotions out of an e-mail isnt it? I am one American who feels this nation is under appreciated and yes we do screw up but who's perfect?
you and I are singin' from the same song book then .
CameronPoe
+2,925|6561

ﻍﻏﺱﺖﻇﻸﮚ wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Even the 'potato-munching alcoholic leprechaun fenian bastard paddies' of Ireland handed them their asses. The empire is dead - live with it.
Irelands freedom was givin to them not earned through war. No secret they lanuched thier guerilla attacks on the cusp of WW1 knowing England would be unwilling to launch a large scale war against them simply to retain Ireland *which served little gain*. A grand total of not less than 500 IRA soldiers died in their independance.. pretty obvious it was no large conflict. If indeed in your fictional world that Ireland "handed thier asses to them" then North Ireland wouldnt exist.
Are 26 of our counties independent or aren't they? They are. Did we not kill hundreds of B Specials, Auxiliaries, British Army personnel and Black & Tans? We did. Did we not continue the struggle in the north through both political and violent means? We did. This war of independence ain't over yet buddy. The Provisional IRA were actually microscopically close to nailing the queen bitch herself, Margaret Thatcher, at the Conservative Party conference in Brighton. She left the room 10 seconds before the bomb went off.

It's kind of humiliating for Britain that a nation so small right beside them drove them out. Mohatma Ghandi often looked to the Irish example in hope for a free India - the Irish having been the first to prove that the Brits could indeed be ousted.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-08-06 19:09:19)

Sgt.Zubie
+77|6581

CameronPoe wrote:

ﻍﻏﺱﺖﻇﻸﮚ wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Are 26 of our counties independent or aren't they? They are. Did we not kill hundreds of B Specials, Auxiliaries, British Army personnel and Black & Tans? We did. Did we not continue the struggle in the north through both political and violent means? We did. This war of independence ain't over yet buddy. The Provisional IRA were actually microscopically close to nailing the queen bitch herself, Margaret Thatcher, at the Conservative Party conference in Brighton. She left the room 10 seconds before the bomb went off.
I think I just gained some understanding of CameronPoe. I should have seen it before.

CameronPoe wrote:

Did we not kill hundreds of B Specials, Auxiliaries, British Army personnel and Black & Tans?
A grand total of 260 Brits died..yes technically hundreds..2 of them.

CameronPoe wrote:

Are 26 of our counties independent or aren't they?
Not exactly..Ireland is a self-governed dominion of the British Empire. The head of the Irish state is considered a British Monarch who has to take an Oath of allegiance.

EveryIrishLeader wrote:

I do solemnly swear true faith and allegiance to the Constitution of the Irish Free State as by law established, and that I will be faithful to H.M. King George V, his heirs and successors by law in virtue of the common citizenship of Ireland with Great Britain and her adherence to and membership of the group of nations forming the British Commonwealth of nations.
Further provisions were of course North Ireland still being in the UK, control of ports for the royal navy, and payments of imperial debt. Thats quite the Independence.. Such are the terms when the freedom is given instead of earned.

England was fully capable of destroying Ireland had it chose to but decided not to kill thousands of Irish *whom they considered to be Brits* simply to retain them in the UK. Also England had lost some stomach for conflict so close to the conclusion of WW1.

CameronPoe wrote:

the Irish having been the first to prove that the Brits could indeed be ousted.
Thats the fundamental misconception you have.. that you "drove them out" is nonsense. There was no large conflict Ireland never bested the British army in battle..The freedom was given. I'm pretty sure you heard of the American Revolution and the war of 1812 that preceded which are real examples of British military defeat and consequently no provisions with swearing oaths to the queen or whomever.

An Independence Ireland would not work for India for several reasons. Namely they aren't white men who live right next door and whom many consider English. Had your country been filled with brown people and had expensive spices the Brits would have gladly killed enough of you to keep Ireland.
spastic bullet
would like to know if you are on crack
+77|6547|vancouver

ﻍﻏﺱﺖﻇﻸﮚ wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Are 26 of our counties independent or aren't they?
Not exactly..Ireland is a self-governed dominion of the British Empire. The head of the Irish state is considered a British Monarch who has to take an Oath of allegiance.

EveryIrishLeader wrote:

I do solemnly swear true faith and allegiance to the Constitution of the Irish Free State as by law established, and that I will be faithful to H.M. King George V, his heirs and successors by law in virtue of the common citizenship of Ireland with Great Britain and her adherence to and membership of the group of nations forming the British Commonwealth of nations.
I have a checklist on my desk of "things to do before telling people all about their own country, which I myself clearly know next-to-fuckall about".  It comes in handy.  Here are items #1 and #2 from that list, for your reading pleasure...

1.  Check to make sure that my information is NOT at least fifty years old.
2.  If information is in fact at least fifty years old, make sure nothing has changed since then.
Anyway, now that it's too late for that, you might as well continue to harp on about how no country actually wins its independence from England unless France basically does it for you. 
Except it hasnt douchebag to this day Irish politiciains say the Oath of allegiance. So next time you chime in try to have a clue.

p.s. France played a minor role in the revolutionary war and none in 1812 so "France bascially does it for you" is just bullshit you wish were true in your half-frog country.
spastic bullet
+77|6547|vancouver

ﻍﻏﺱﺖﻇﻸﮚ wrote:

Except it hasnt douchebag to this day Irish politiciains say the Oath of allegiance. So next time you chime in try to have a clue.

p.s. France played a minor role in the revolutionary war and none in 1812 so "France bascially does it for you" is just bullshit you wish were true in your half-frog country.
Calm down Mr Arabic-for-panties-in-a-bunch.  What do you think the was for?  I'm just keeeeeeeding about France and how they singlehandedly won your independence for you, mon ami. 

So, you're still quite sure Ireland is a "self-governing dominion of the British Empire"?  Interesting.  And is that true about the Oath of Allegiance?  Are you absolutely sure that information isn't over fifty years old?
It was written in the Anglo-Irish treaty that the oath + the rest of provisions superceded any other legislation. I couldnt find that it changed but if im wrong thats fine. My point had nothing to do with that really anyhow. Mr Poe was touting military victory over the Brits which is innacurate.

CameronPoe wrote:

Even the 'potato-munching alcoholic leprechaun fenian bastard paddies' of Ireland handed them their asses. The empire is dead - live with it
Overstating their accomplishments by a mile.. given the extremely limited scale of the engagements and the lack of Irish ever even facing the Brits in open warfare its pretty ridiculous to claim they "handed them thier asses" . That was my only point and in that context it doesnt matter if its 50 years old.. besting the English in battle does not come with provisions.

I am curious however to what percentage of Irish actaully hold this grudge that Poe seems to. I suspect that the loyalists and the IRA or English hating Irish are a stark minority with which what i suspect is largely people who dont give a shit and harbor no ill feeling towards English.
spastic bullet
+77|6547|vancouver
Well, I should really just let him speak for himself, but I'm pretty sure CameronPoe doesn't hate English people.  There's a big difference between being quite happy to tell an encroaching empire to go fuck itself, and hating everybody who just happens to live within it.

Also, I find all this "facing the Brits in open warfare" and "besting the English in battle" stuff kinda arbitrary and old-fashioned, TBH.  Forces with superior numbers, equipment, training, etc. always want to fight that way.  And the other guys never do.  It's because they both want to win.

"Camouflage is for pussies.  I'm wearing my nice new Red Coat and there's nothing you can say to change my m... arrrggghhh..."
In that context i would surely hesitate to claim i handed someone their ass. And its safe to assume imo that from camerons posts that he harbors ill feelings towards the English. In this very thread he claims

CameronPoe wrote:

It must suck to have large swathes of people all across the world hate you.
Easter sunday crap in his sig bragging about beating the English ..hes not really secretive about it
vedds
+52|6761|Christchurch New Zealand

CameronPoe wrote:

It's kind of humiliating for Britain that a nation so small right beside them drove them out. Mohatma Ghandi often looked to the Irish example in hope for a free India - the Irish having been the first to prove that the Brits could indeed be ousted.
That killed the last vestage of any respect i had for you. It also says a lot about you.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard