*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6713|Malaga, España
first of all lets keep it clean, do not go flaming and do no swear to other people who think different then you do.
(so BF2S admins do not close this topic)

What EA/Dice or whoever created this idea about mixing BF2 players with SF players in the same server, i think they just made the whole thing worse then before. i spend my 45 euros to play BF2 and i was planning to play it for a loooong time coz i like it a lot .. but now EA brings out the SF edition. so there goes my BF2 pleasure.... and for other people 2 i think. 

I have played a while on 1.12 and have red a lot of complainments about this BF2 and SF mixing thing. why would EA do such thing? I know to make more money, but it seems that pisses people of that just wanted to have there BF2 pleasure....(i,m one off them) ,  i thought before SF came out that SF is going to get his own SF version only servers. well i could live with that.  coz i have my BF2 game, but now it seem that the whole thing just flushed down the toilet. so cant EA have a agreement ? to stop the mixing and create 2 sections for BF2 and SF servers. BF2 means BF2 feats, wanna play SF then join ur SF server and have fun?

coz i dont know if i,m going to continue my BF2 fest with that disadvantage in the gameservers right now..i hope that EA thinks about and seperate the BF2 players from the BF2SF players.
Jetfighter_NL
+0|6711|Delft,Netherlands
Maybe your right but i love it to pick up a gun from a SF player!!
ghostgr
177th Field Artillery
+39|6711|In your head
You are right *ToRRo*cT|  they should have seperate servers for SF. Because if you think about it SF players could have an advantage over BF2 players such as better weapons and stuff....or what about the teams ya know? SF has like 6 different teams doesn't it? So it would be pretty stupid.
mycatsdied
+1|6762
What is the advantage. From what i have seen  and played all the guns that you get from SF arent necessarily better. They offer  different adv and disadv just like most of the normal unlocks. The only thing would maybe be the flashbang. So you get blinded once in a while. You will eventually figure out how to counter it. I dont use a single one of unlocks ever and never feel like im at a disadvantage.

I can see why you think your at a disadvantage cause your playing against new (i dont feel better) guns. Maybe consider yourself at an advantage cause people tha play SF walk around staring at the world in green and arent used to seeing the world in color. Or maybe they to dependent on there new toys and forget how to storm a flag without ziplining in.  Just adapt your play or if you feel you at such an overwhelming disadvantage spend $30 dollars or whatever EU equivalent is.

Do you really consider your whole BF2 gaming experience flushed down the toilet and that you can have no more fun playing BF2? If the answer is yes than EA sucks cause they turned one more player away from them. I hope you find a game that you can enjoy.

deadcats

Last edited by mycatsdied (2005-11-25 11:39:59)

(HUN)Rudebwoy
+45|6725
"if you feel you at such an overwhelming disadvantage spend $30 dollars or whatever EU equivalent is. "

Dont anyone realize that this is the meaning of this 1.12 patch????!!!!!
It is just marketing!
They throw in the SF playas with the regular BF2 players, the SF players have more weapons, new toys, (i presume, they have better chances to win), so what does a normal BF2 player got to do to win some times?Of course!Buy the SF expansion pack?
It is a bit disgusting trick from EA i think.
And dont say that people wont buy SF just because of this, coz many will.
FrontRunner91
+0|6756
Another new low for EA. I think they have just freed up alot of my spare time to do other things besides play BF2.
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6713|Malaga, España

(HUN)Rudebwoy wrote:

"if you feel you at such an overwhelming disadvantage spend $30 dollars or whatever EU equivalent is. "

Dont anyone realize that this is the meaning of this 1.12 patch????!!!!!
It is just marketing!
They throw in the SF playas with the regular BF2 players, the SF players have more weapons, new toys, (i presume, they have better chances to win), so what does a normal BF2 player got to do to win some times?Of course!Buy the SF expansion pack?
It is a bit disgusting trick from EA i think.
And dont say that people wont buy SF just because of this, coz many will.
it,s 25 Euros in Europe, and did you even realise that there are people who don't like SF. i,m one of them, i tried the game in a Lan Cafe, and i,m not liking it thats the end of story. so i will not spend more money to the game. Marketing you say? well its forcing people to buy it by making the SF players having a bit of advantage in the BF2 server . sorry but we spend 45 € (50 dollars) to play BF2, where are our rights then? and i,m happy you admit its a little disgusting of EA. because it is disgusting. i call it a dirty trick of EA. but i,m afraid that this will happen to more games actually it already does anyone knows Rome Total War? well they brought out Rome Total War : Barbarian Invasion so what did Activision do with the patch yes they allowed players with Barbarian Invasion to play online with the Core Rome Total war gamers. the barbarian invasion players got more armies, and some better units. but still i beat the crap out of them with my old fashion Roman army coz that game is not about strenght but about strategy. same counts for BF2 Think like the enemy and you will find your way too defeat him.

back to the Game versus Expansions: is this going to be the new future in online gaming? giving players who bought the original copy of the game having fair fun for 6 month and after that u have to spend more money to get things fair and square? because the guys who like the expansion of that game will having a bit advantage versus the non expansion players? is this the new marketing of Game publisher by forcing people to buy it? i hope EA changes there mind and seperate the SF feats from the BF2 feats.
col.sanders71
+-1|6711|Haverhill, MA USA
I think the weapons that are available on SF should be accessed only on SF maps. It creates an advantage against those of us that do not have it yet. They should have made all weapons and all accessories available to everyone on the new patch.

But thats just my opinion....I may be wrong...
LET THE FLAMING BEGIN!!!
BlackLegion42
Damn Command and Conquer Generals...
+62|6700|Rochester, NY
Just the accessories, we don't need the stinkin' maps and awards!!!
godzilla
+0|6748
The whole patch is for nothing...when you dont wanna play SF! Patch 1.12 discriminates the non-SF players by letting them not to unlock and use the SF-weapons. Ok, you can pick up SF-kit and weapon of a killed player but this does not last forever. If you´re killed, you loose them!
The game is now totally unbalanced! Ever played against a BH-crew of flashbang spammers with a supporter in the chopper? No? Then wait when you encounter them for the first time! You will have "fun"! Its an impudence what EA/dice did! Its nothing but a commercial "trick" to force the players to by the add-on for not having a disadvantage when you play online! But I will not buy SF! No EA/dice! Your "trick" does not work on my person!
blackcracka
+18|6740
It is rediculous that they have SF weapons in BF2. I know they are money hungry but we payed for a game where everyone has the same weapons and the game is more or less "even".  Now we have to pay 30usd to be even again?  Ok we've all whined about it, the thing is we need to DO SOMETHING about it..

EA MUST MAKE THIS RIGHT and SEPERATE BF2 from SF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

someone start a petition because this is unfair in every way.  Or someone put EA out of business please.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6706|Salt Lake City

Well, it sounds like I made a good choice.  I'm still on the 1.03 patch, and have my server browser set to search for servers only using the same version.  This prevents me from having run-ins with SF weapon holders.  Hopefully the servers out there not running the 1.12 patch will continue to stay that way for the true BF2 only experience.
nelson496
+3|6755
I dont mind the sf pack anymore.  I don't plan on buying it.  The only thing I hated was the flashbang, but now I just spray'n pray, if I get a tk, who cares, at least I took down the guy who tried to kill my by flashing me.  Hell, I dont even use the original BF2 unlocks, I stick with my M24 and I get plenty of kills with it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard