Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6783|The Hague, Holland
I just played me some Special Forces, on Iron Gater, Ghost Town and Devil's Perch.
Man o Man is this hard, especially the nightvision thing. I find it cool and all but it is just Not for me.|
Iron Gater whas a bit laggy, dont know if you guys had the same problem.
Ghost Town whas by far my favorite. You can climb on ladders and stuff, its a snipers heaven (if you find the right spot). Too bad for those attack choppers.. While flying a heli myself I noticed that they fly really diffrent compared to the AH-ZI and Cobra.
Oh well. It sure does take some getting used to, i'll tell you that.

Happy gaming.
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6764

i have a feeling i wont like it as much either. I'm a type 1 game (UT/Quake) not type 2 (CS, Ravenshield)
section9
+9|6848|USA
It just takes time to get used to the night vision and luck being not all the maps are in the dark.
WaGoN_aTTacK
+1|6769
Kark is STILL the best map imo
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
Hm, switching to NightVision with the 6 or 7 button is downright stupid.
Ive changed the NightVision to the mouse ball button thingy.
I can "click" the mouse roller ball.
So I can change between vision's real quick. Very handy!
CackNBallz
+45|6744|Toronto, Canada
Hmmm... that's a really good idea.  I have a Logitech MX 1000 laser wireless mouse with tons of buttons on it.  I should utilize the resources I have available to me, so when I get home tonight I'll map the gas mask, night vision and especially the knife!
Deadlast
+0|6775
Well, SF is as coolbeano said, more of a 1 on 1 game. So to be able to play SF with any hope of being competitive start off by dominating the regular BF2 scene. Sounds a lot harder than it really is. I just go a 24/7 Karkand server and nowadays I get gold pretty much every round just by being a Medic. And most could argue that its easy considering the small spaces of Karkand and the grenades and all the dead bodies, but they're the ones who have never tried it themselves. Anyway, once you get good at BF2, then you should be a pretty good shot, step it up and go to SF.

BTW my favorite map in SF is Warlord, because it is pretty much a Karkand varient.
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp

CackNBallz wrote:

Hmmm... that's a really good idea.  I have a Logitech MX 1000 laser wireless mouse with tons of buttons on it.  I should utilize the resources I have available to me, so when I get home tonight I'll map the gas mask, night vision and especially the knife!
Glad to have helped
C.Keen
Aliens Ate My Babysitter
+0|6810|UK
I've put night vision on 'F'. It's right there for quick switching.
CC-Marley
+407|6830

Deadlast wrote:

Well, SF is as coolbeano said, more of a 1 on 1 game. So to be able to play SF with any hope of being competitive start off by dominating the regular BF2 scene. Sounds a lot harder than it really is. I just go a 24/7 Karkand server and nowadays I get gold pretty much every round just by being a Medic. And most could argue that its easy considering the small spaces of Karkand and the grenades and all the dead bodies, but they're the ones who have never tried it themselves. Anyway, once you get good at BF2, then you should be a pretty good shot, step it up and go to SF.

BTW my favorite map in SF is Warlord, because it is pretty much a Karkand varient.
But you only have 4 Golds and are an  average player at best. 10 total medals in 400+ rounds... you might want to edit your post.

Last edited by CC-Marley (2005-11-25 11:02:02)

BB|EyeSeePeeDude
+0|6761
lol - just a minor technicality 
Summo
+0|6743|Liverpool, UK
I got my copy of SF today but I've got to work tonight (Taxi Driver) so I don't even have time to play and I know if I thought "I'll just try it for 10 minutes" I won't go to work for hours. I see a lot of people don't like the SF gameplay saying its similar to CS, god I hope so. I was never off CS years ago and I could do with getting my K/D ratio up. Looks like tomorrow afternoon for the install then.

Oh by the way, nice win in the comp ghost...
Bubkin
Pay It Forward
+8|6782
It takes some getting used to.  It's definitely forces you to improve your infintry skills.

But I'm still improving on my SPM. And this is without the use of a tank (because I am admittedly a tank whore).

So I don't believe for a second that it's a "1 on 1" game.
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp

Summo wrote:

I got my copy of SF today but I've got to work tonight (Taxi Driver) so I don't even have time to play and I know if I thought "I'll just try it for 10 minutes" I won't go to work for hours. I see a lot of people don't like the SF gameplay saying its similar to CS, god I hope so. I was never off CS years ago and I could do with getting my K/D ratio up. Looks like tomorrow afternoon for the install then.

Oh by the way, nice win in the comp ghost...
Thank You.
CC-Marley
+407|6830
There are tanks and apc bmp..
CC-Marley
+407|6830

CC-Marley wrote:

Deadlast wrote:

But you only have 4 Golds and are an  average player at best. 10 total medals in 400+ rounds... you might want to edit your post.
OOOOOOH!!!!!!!! up to 6 gold.... you must be getting gold everytime now! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
CC-Marley
+407|6830

CC-Marley wrote:

Deadlast wrote:

imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6770|Human Meat Shield
I think I have 3 gold but only 12 people were playing   Yeah Warlord is the only one I'll play for now, Surge is frickin' okay, I didn't know you could zip line from mountainside to mountainside!! I still think the grapple is the best thing, they should make that an unlock in BF2.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6757|Scotland

i believe SF is hell easy!!!!!! i just 11 badges in the space of 24hrs. its so easy now with not as many tanks and stuff. i mean cum on if its hard then how come i got 11 badges??? i love its so much fun. maybe a bit harder for vehivcle whores (planes, helos, tanks, transport, AA vehicles etc) but for people who play at ground level using their feet and hands, its a walk in the park.

p.s: dont make comments about my badges dont show up. profiles dont work... because of SF. mine isnt updating.

Last edited by zimmer92 (2005-11-26 12:36:41)

=RDG=[N.B]canadiannnn
Forklift Whore
+67|6768|Canader , eh?

CC-Marley wrote:

Deadlast wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAH  ΓΌ83l2 pWn3D!!!!!!!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard