Dilly
The Amish Must Die!
+1|6848
is the quick throw/explosion of c4 considered and exploit?  will people be able to use that during the bf2 world tourney?  I think it could be considered and exploit, but then again, it auto switches and blows when you throw out your last pack, its just like mimicking throwing out your last pack, so technically it shouldnt be an exploit.  Just wondering, dont want to get penalized for using it if its an exploit.
Dilly
The Amish Must Die!
+1|6848
bump
-=Meshekal=-
+2|6743|United Kingdom
I wouldn't consider it so, even knowing how annoying it is.
You've got two hands after all - One for throwin', one for detonatin'.

But then, I don't speak for the masses.
C.Keen
Aliens Ate My Babysitter
+0|6810|UK
Given that there's a good chance the Spec-Ops in question will injure or kill themselves then I don't see how it's an exploit. It requires good time and co-ordination to pull off properly, but then I don't make the tournament rules. Best to inquire via official channels if you're worried.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6849|"Frisco"

Dilly wrote:

bump
Don't do that ever again. Got it?
DMFDxUconn
+8|6768|Kannapolis,North Carolina
Heres a link to a video showing this c4 thing in action. If im not mistaken its a demo movie of the SF game, which hadnt been released when this video was out. So it must be a developer or someone playing, someone from EA. Do you really think they would show off an exploit in an advertisement video? Click the link and than click on the video in the lower right corner. Called "Warlord".
http://media.pc.ign.com/media/759/759744/vids_1.html

Last edited by DMFDxUconn (2005-11-25 11:29:02)

Bubkin
Pay It Forward
+8|6782
I wonder if it has something to do with the speed of your PC or vid card, cause I've never been able to make the "switch-click" this fast.

I'm running a Intel Pentium M 2.0 GHz, 2GB RAM, and an NVIDIA GeForce Go 6600.
CplGraveDigger
+0|6732
I would love to know how they throw c4 80 yards in the game. This one dude was blowing up apc and tanks in SF like shooting people in the head with a snipper Rifle.
1 C4 1 tank, 1 C4 1 Apc, 1 C4 1 Apc. I was the last APC.
This dude was good.

Digger
BlackJackBob
+2|6755|Canada

chuyskywalker wrote:

I agree... there's not nearly enough traffic on these forums to require "bumping" a thread.

as for this "c4 exploit" i don't see how it's an exploit... if anything the glitch that makes it look like you've pulled out another c4 makes it frustrating.. but it's not an exploit. The only exploity thing with the c4 would be the retarded bunny hopping that most do to get the c4 kills.

Last edited by BlackJackBob (2005-11-25 12:03:17)

BlackJackBob
+2|6755|Canada

CplGraveDigger wrote:

I would love to know how they throw c4 80 yards in the game. This one dude was blowing up apc and tanks in SF like shooting people in the head with a snipper Rifle.
1 C4 1 tank, 1 C4 1 Apc, 1 C4 1 Apc. I was the last APC.
This dude was good.

Digger
now THAT sounds like an exploit...unless the physics were changed for bf: sf .. you can't blow a tank or apc with 1 c4 when it's got 100% health.

It REQUIRES 2.
Lazarus Tag'lim
Have Wrench, Will Travel
+1|6782|Alabama Coast, USA
My guess is that they weren't 100% health...  not sure how many bars are left after a single C4 blow though.
CplGraveDigger
+0|6732
All three of us jump in fresh tanks and Apc. We were all eng's,  This guy was very good. I have been hit by an RPG in a fresh Tank and I was almost dead.  I don't care if the game has changed the damages, I think the tanks were too powerfully anyways. This is coming from a tank whore.

Digger

Last edited by CplGraveDigger (2006-01-03 11:39:48)

Dilly
The Amish Must Die!
+1|6848
People have hacks where they can chuck c4 long distances, the farthest you can throw it is still within damage range if you blow it right away, thats it. 

as far as the quick switch/throw goes, I will ask someone on twl, just wasnt sure if anyone here asked about it before, or got in trouble for using it or anything.  Thanks.

p.s.  I noticed with the new patch, tanks take more damage from riding on rough roads as well.  Just wanted to point that out.
*fmj*power
+1|6757

Dilly wrote:

People have hacks where they can chuck c4 long distances, the farthest you can throw it is still within damage range if you blow it right away, thats it. 

as far as the quick switch/throw goes, I will ask someone on twl, just wasnt sure if anyone here asked about it before, or got in trouble for using it or anything.  Thanks.

p.s.  I noticed with the new patch, tanks take more damage from riding on rough roads as well.  Just wanted to point that out.
i know what you mean, ive had a guya chuck a peice of c4 30 yards atleast but it isnt an exsploit, its a key bind they can do now with the new logitech gaming keyboard, its always been around but the new binding keyboard just makes it easier now, try to play a karkland moders server now, it full of c4 binders, full of them, kinda ruins the game when you can bind 3 or 4 keys in one motion to throw and detonate a c4 block in one motion, not an exsploit and twl doesnt consider it one , but its damn close in my book.
DMFDxUconn
+8|6768|Kannapolis,North Carolina
I was messing around tonight getting some c4 kills on film, i got a chitload. Sometimes i would hop and toss the c4 and it barely went anywhere, other times it went as far as a grenade goes when you toss it. It takes 2 c4 to blow up a tank, but i was blowing everything else up with just 1. I got all this footage for a video im putting together, so eventually you will see what im talking about.
VirtuaLResistancE
ArmChair Warrior
+4|6757|NH - USA

BlackJackBob wrote:

chuyskywalker wrote:

I agree... there's not nearly enough traffic on these forums to require "bumping" a thread.
I also agree re: it being unnecessary, but geeze, I wouldnt think he'd be subjected to an old fashion'd stoning for such a little thing.

https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/PANZER420/LOB_stoning.jpg
Dilly
The Amish Must Die!
+1|6848
BlackJackBob wrote:
chuyskywalker wrote:

I also agree re: it being unnecessary, but geeze, I wouldnt think he'd be subjected to an old fashion'd stoning for such a little thing.
gee, why dont you guys give him a bit more of a hand job

considering this post was like over 20 days old and had no responses, would you rather me create a whole new post, cut and paste all the info from this one and re post it?  or just do the easy thing and type in bump, or should I be like most idiots in forums and type something like, "anyone know?"  its the same exact thing as typing in bump.

power, how the hell do you throw it as far as a grenade?  the farthest I think I have thrown a c4 has been maybe like 10 yards and that was throwing it off a building down below.
BlackJackBob
+2|6755|Canada

VirtuaLResistancE wrote:

BlackJackBob wrote:

chuyskywalker wrote:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/P … toning.jpg
"Don't stone anyone until I say so...even if they DO say Jehovah"

*THuMP**THuMP**THuMP**THuMP**THuMP**THuMP*
[1stSSF]=Nuka=
Banned
+23|6751|PDX Metro Area, OR, US, SOL
Any thread that contains Monty Python references is ok in my book, even if it was the bump that caused the jokes.

"Bring out your dead!" <Clang>
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6764

BlackJackBob wrote:

chuyskywalker wrote:

not nearly? MySQL database failed (6th failure i've seen in the past week ) from excessive connections. look at the number of new members a day.
BlackJackBob
+2|6755|Canada

Coolbeano wrote:

BlackJackBob wrote:

chuyskywalker wrote:

not nearly? MySQL database failed (6th failure i've seen in the past week ) from excessive connections. look at the number of new members a day.
maybe the problem is with your connection??
obviously if there was tons of traffic, he wouldn't have needed to bump the thread...
Dilly
The Amish Must Die!
+1|6848
just so you know, its not considered an exploit, checked throug the twl forums.

oh, and by the way, almost 7,000 users, yup, limited traffic.  LOL

Last edited by Dilly (2005-11-27 00:21:05)

Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6764

BlackJackBob wrote:

Coolbeano wrote:

BlackJackBob wrote:

maybe the problem is with your connection??
obviously if there was tons of traffic, he wouldn't have needed to bump the thread...
I don't run a MySQL db. Well, only when I'm DJ'ing, but I haven't done so in months.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard