FeloniousMonk
+0|6739
I was playing fine earlier today (got three badges, in fact) but now I can't join the servers. If I load up BF2 I can get into the games without a problem and in SF I can access my BFHQ stats as well as see all the server information. I click the join server button, it pauses for a second to give me the "joining server" box, but then immediately goes back to the main screen. No error message, no "the server is full" message or anything like that.

The only thing I changed was the video resolution and that may or may not have been after this started happening. I changed everything back to see if that was the problem but I'm still not able to get into any games. Again, BF2 gives me no problem, only SF is doing this. I don't know if it's related but more often than not I have to run the executable a few times before the game will actually start. I checked the task manager, however, and only one isntance of BF2.exe and the ~e5.000whatever file is running.

Any ideas?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6766

On top of my shit crashing, I get that problem once and a while also. I am still trying to figure out what is causing this.
FeloniousMonk
+0|6739
Haven't had a crash yet but after trying another dozen times I still can't join a server. Well, no crashes once the game loads but more often than not it'll show the splash screen before deciding to piss me off yet again by simply showing the desktop. Everything else works just fine and dandy....this is getting on my nerves. I wanted to get most of those badges today.

Last edited by FeloniousMonk (2005-11-24 19:07:04)

BladeRunner
+5|6753|UK
If you install SF and can't get on any server is probably because you haven't put the 1.12 patch on again after installing SF.
FeloniousMonk
+0|6739
I installed the patch before I started up SF for the first time. I was also able to play SF for a few hours before this problem occured; as I mentioned, I got three badges already and had no problem playing. I left the game, stepped away for a couple hours, went back and couldn't get onto a server.
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6825|Belgium

I am not sure, but I thought I've seen some people mention it before; You have to install the patch after the expansion. Like Bladerunner mentioned, just re-install the patch.
Cheers,
R
FeloniousMonk
+0|6739
That's the thing, I did install the patch after the installation. I didn't even get the patch until after SF was installed. I'll try reinstalling it when I get home, hopefully that will help.

THANKS EA, GOOD JOB YOU DOUCHEBAGS ALA MODE

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard