JeSTeR_Player1
Flying Solo
+98|6785|Canada, Ont
ARE YOU ALL FUCKING NOOBS!!!!?!?!!

The Anti-Tank Kit if anything is The Most Rigged Now, Its Even Better Then Spec-Ops.

The Anti-Tank Weapon, the Rocket Launcher is a SniperRifle/Long Range Explosive. The Unlock is the Best Close Combat Gun, and Pistols are Insanely Accurate and Great to Snipe With at Medium to High Range.

They now have Grappling Hook enabling them to find better Ambush Spots.

They Have Heavy Armor, Can't Run Far but you don't need to...no Kit Does.

Anti-Tank and Special Ops are the most Commonly Used Kits in the game...Aswell as Assault but thats most from people just Spawning as it at the start because its the Default Kit.

Ugh...People like you are ones that Think everyone should have GodMode.
McCullough
+7|6853
I often play as anti-tank, the DAO-12 in amazing i short range. Sometimes i found myself taking out 3-4 people at once with it. The rocket launcher can destroy a tank with two direct hits. Guide the missile so it hits the top of the tank and you'll find out it's much easier to take out a tank than it seems.  And now they have crappiling hook, witch have made the AT guys much more effective.  And some of the new teams have the RPG witch i think is the best rocket launcher in the game. Even if it's not guided rocket launcher it has the same power as the Eryx and SRAW plus it reloads very quickly.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6783|Human Meat Shield
I kill DAO's with the G3, DAO's are used for peticular maps and even then you have to run into fire to get your 3-4 guys, it is truly a CQC weapon. I do like it though. But if someone spots you long range and you wield a DAO, you better switch because you don't stand a chance and even when you pull your rocket launcher out the dude just jumps or pushes either 'A' or 'D' to move out of the way. But it is the best upgrade. I get more kills with the USMC Engineer Shotgun, but talk about disadvantage  -- the Engineer is.
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6778

JeSTeR_Player1 wrote:

ARE YOU ALL FUCKING NOOBS!!!!?!?!!

The Anti-Tank Kit if anything is The Most Rigged Now, Its Even Better Then Spec-Ops.

The Anti-Tank Weapon, the Rocket Launcher is a SniperRifle/Long Range Explosive. The Unlock is the Best Close Combat Gun, and Pistols are Insanely Accurate and Great to Snipe With at Medium to High Range.

They now have Grappling Hook enabling them to find better Ambush Spots.

They Have Heavy Armor, Can't Run Far but you don't need to...no Kit Does.

Anti-Tank and Special Ops are the most Commonly Used Kits in the game...Aswell as Assault but thats most from people just Spawning as it at the start because its the Default Kit.

Ugh...People like you are ones that Think everyone should have GodMode.
Amen brotha.
wang!
+1|6822

McCullough wrote:

I often play as anti-tank, the DAO-12 in amazing i short range. Sometimes i found myself taking out 3-4 people at once with it. The rocket launcher can destroy a tank with two direct hits. Guide the missile so it hits the top of the tank and you'll find out it's much easier to take out a tank than it seems.  And now they have crappiling hook, witch have made the AT guys much more effective.  And some of the new teams have the RPG witch i think is the best rocket launcher in the game. Even if it's not guided rocket launcher it has the same power as the Eryx and SRAW plus it reloads very quickly.
Ha, who the hell are you telling that to who doesn't already know. Most worthless post ever.  That's like saying "Hey guys did you know we all had ten toes and we wear shoes!"

and "witch" ?    Sorry I just like fucking with dumbasses who act intellectual...

Anyways, the AT kit is about all I play as well. Maybe assault for the grenade launcher attachment. Other than that all the kits are pretty shitty. I've yet to see any of the other kits rack up kills. Snipers are a joke...if anything they need something...
LeBanner
+0|6692
I started to play AT after 4 month... but im still not sure, which is the weakest point of the tanks. I know its on the back, but is the turrent more harmfull?
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6734|Melbourne, Australia
anti tank is a farely good class i think but i dno why everyone seems to think runnin at a tank from 20 metres bak while holding c4 or at mines seems to work better.. no 1 uses the anti tank missles.. imho   support is the class falling behind the rest.. there guns just aient very good at all .. i only find them useful againts fully loaded black hawcks:)
FrEaK
+1|6797|Finland
RPG-7 should be unlock for anti-tank, THEN i would really start to play with AT in original BF2
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6778

okay..

1) please don't necro something a page long that people reread it before they notice the dates.
2) read this
3) AT Rockets sacrifice power for range. How useful are your mines and C4 when the tank can shoot you from a mile away huh?
Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6702
"you cant run far but you dont need too"

are you an idiot?
lead_head
+15|6699

I.M.I Militant wrote:

no 1 uses the anti tank missles.. imho
i have over 6000 kills with the anti tank missles, its my favorite wepon
Corrupt
+0|6855
In my view its simple. Anit Tank has the ptoential to be a very powerful class, and in the use of many players it is. I myself dislike the style of play and struggle when I play as the class. This is due to my dislike of the style, not any fualt of the class itself. like every iother class in the game it carries its own unique style, meaning for some poeple its great for otherts its shit on a stick.
Sh4rkb1t3
+6|6699
The AT sucks against tanks, no questions asked.  Actually, everything sucks against tanks.  After you hit the tank with 2 rockets, the guy gets out, and he kills you because your weapon has no range.  The rocket isn't a 1 hit kill god weapon - the projectile is too slow and guiding it doesn't work that well.

You can never kill a tank or APC or any vehicle that has an engineer or a supply kit beside it.  If there is an engineer by the tank, forget about it - that thing isn't ever going down.  Don't tell me to just shoot the supply kit or engineer with the rocket.  Do you really think the engineer is going to be that stupid to stand still in front of the tank (and enemy gun fire) to repair it?  No way!  Hes going to be behind the tank, moving around.  The supply crate is going to be behind the tank where no one can get at it.  You make it sound so simple, yet it is obviously not.  If it was that simple, don't you think the other guy would have thought about that?  Sure, this might work on noobs, but not on people who have played for more than an hour.

So that leaves you with AT mines and C4.  AT mines are worthless.  They disappear about 2 minutes after you place them, and they are so easy to spot out.  You can't run up to the tank and put 1 in front of them, since it takes about 10 seconds for them to arm.  They are so easy to spot, and you can just blow them up.  If you got that close to the tank anyway, you'd be dead, because of THIRD PERSON CAMERA.  Which is the reason why C4 does not work.

Don't even suggest grenades. Even though if you through one underneath a tank in real life, it would probably blow out the suspension and set fire to the gas tank, Dice obviously didn't like the idea that tanks could be killed by more skilled players who weren't using another tank.  In this case, more realism = better gameplay.

I think that the AT rocket should be stronger, and that the mines should go translucent when you place them (to the enemy) and non destructible.  It should only take 1 C4 to kill a tank.  And grenades should do damage when thrown under the tank.  Or 1 hit kill if you jump on top of the tank and throw it in the hatch - but for that to work the tank shouldn't kill you of you jump on top of it and it moves.

Last edited by Sh4rkb1t3 (2006-01-15 07:55:18)

s81o
+0|6710

Banthur wrote:

.... The most frustrating part of playing AT is furiously clicking while reloading hoping my guy will snap out of the reload coma he went into when I hit R.
switch to pistol or knife, then back to the shotgun, to interrupt the reload.
dracul
+2|6822
At is most powerful when you are not the only one playing as it.
2-3 people in one squad as AT is instant-death for any vehicle that doesnt spot you first.
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6734|The Netherlands
The at kit is cool, if i hear armour spotted near me when i m dead, i ll switch to at to try and take it out. The sraw is a very cool weapon, its not that hard to take choppers out with it and it probably the best aa gun in the game.
JOhnMalcolm1970
+0|6692
I've only recently started playing BF2 (around Christmas). What annoys me most about the Anti-Tank kit, which I like playing, is the warning buzzer that tanks (and helos?) get when you point your AT weapon at them.

What kind of advanced alien technology is this meant to represent? Many modern main battle tanks have laser warning receivers that detect when they're being targetted by a laser designator or laser rangefinding device - but the AT weapons in BF2 are wire-guided. So, effectively the buzzer warning is saying "someone is looking at you". WTF?

The AT missiles in the game also seem to be horrendously underpowered. The Eryx is supposed to be capable of penetrating 900mm of reactive armour or 2.5 metres of reinforced concrete. More than enough to kill a main battle tank if you slam a missile into the rear/engine compartment.

As for the '2 hits to the tracks' tactic - I'd like to see this make the tank completely immoveable - i.e. seperate damage into stuff that kills/damages and stuff that immobilises. That would leave the tanks owner with the choice of being a stationery turret or destroying the tank himself to allow it to respawn.

AT missiles and rockets against helos is also a bit annoying to me. It's been shown in Somalia, Afghanistan and Iraq that an unguided RPG can take down a large transport helicopter by hitting it once on the tail rotor. At least make the helo much harder to control with each successful hit - Jesus, they're would be hydraulic fluid spraying around everywhere.

Last edited by JOhnMalcolm1970 (2006-01-15 09:30:54)

WildBlueYonder
+0|6753|New Brunswick Canada

Sh4rkb1t3 wrote:

The AT sucks against tanks, no questions asked.  Actually, everything sucks against tanks.  After you hit the tank with 2 rockets, the guy gets out, and he kills you because your weapon has no range.  The rocket isn't a 1 hit kill god weapon - the projectile is too slow and guiding it doesn't work that well.

You can never kill a tank or APC or any vehicle that has an engineer or a supply kit beside it.  If there is an engineer by the tank, forget about it - that thing isn't ever going down.  Don't tell me to just shoot the supply kit or engineer with the rocket.  Do you really think the engineer is going to be that stupid to stand still in front of the tank (and enemy gun fire) to repair it?  No way!  Hes going to be behind the tank, moving around.  The supply crate is going to be behind the tank where no one can get at it.  You make it sound so simple, yet it is obviously not.  If it was that simple, don't you think the other guy would have thought about that?  Sure, this might work on noobs, but not on people who have played for more than an hour.

So that leaves you with AT mines and C4.  AT mines are worthless.  They disappear about 2 minutes after you place them, and they are so easy to spot out.  You can't run up to the tank and put 1 in front of them, since it takes about 10 seconds for them to arm.  They are so easy to spot, and you can just blow them up.  If you got that close to the tank anyway, you'd be dead, because of THIRD PERSON CAMERA.  Which is the reason why C4 does not work.

I think that the AT rocket should be stronger, and that the mines should go translucent when you place them (to the enemy) and non destructible.  It should only take 1 C4 to kill a tank.  And grenades should do damage when thrown under the tank.  Or 1 hit kill if you jump on top of the tank and throw it in the hatch - but for that to work the tank shouldn't kill you of you jump on top of it and it moves.
What are you talking about, the eryx is easy to guide. 2 hits does kill a tank if you hit it right. Engineer lays on ground under tank rocket slams into bottom of tank, damages tank KILLS engineer. AT mines thrown on top of a tank are instant kills when it moves. i've also placed one right in front of a tank and it blew the damn thing up. C4 also works great most tank pilots are in 1st person since it is the best way to AIM the gun. Grenades do damage a tank, not much mind you but you can get a tank smoking after all your grenades. No you cannot throw a grenade down the hatch this would be cool but it can't be done but standing on top of the tank doesn't kill you. i don't know how you are dieing unless your own grenade is blowing you up. Plus if you get on top of the tank a lot of the times the driver gets out to shoot you himself then bam free kill for you.
jdrou
Wiki Contributor
+2|6699

CRIMS0N_W0LF wrote:

usually driver bails out before destorying the tank (Which is VERY annoying)
You should get a team point for damaging an enemy-occupied vehicle 50% to mirror the loss for team vehicle damage.

dracul wrote:

At is most powerful when you are not the only one playing as it.
2-3 people in one squad as AT is instant-death for any vehicle that doesnt spot you first.
Absolutely.  You CAN kill a tank yourself eventually but they'll likely do a lot of damage in the time it takes.  Need multiple rockets within a few seconds so they don't have time to repair, retreat, or abandon (or spot and kill you).

Last edited by jdrou (2006-01-15 15:55:59)

Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6711|Germany
One needs numbers to annihilate.

One AT against a tank - bad idea
Two AT against a tank - scrap metal

Besides that I'm sometimes missing handgrenades for that class,but all in all it's ok.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard