hoad47
+2|6750|Sydney
Since the update after every round, and I think this is for everyone,  I get switched teams.. this took a little bit of getting used to too... and i can handle that, if the whole team changes..(eg. if your on MEC the first round then the second you will play with USMC..but the fact that the squad get reset after every round is just riculously stupid
I have to say the game has suffered IMO..
It is so hard  to find a good squad that sticks together and uses mics.. so now even when you do find one, you have to find it again and again.. 9 times out of ten the squad is never the same the next round eg. you get 2 new guys just wanting to fly around or drive around by themselves and it just gets irritating... why didnt they just leave this alone .. IT WAS FINE.. I really dont understand.. and to be honest, I'm a bit pissed off
hopefully its only due to the servers i have been playing and if so .. i'll change.. if this is the case could you let me know of servers without this dumb feature.( in Australia).. this game is so awesome when your in a good squad.. but now.. yeh well im sure you get the idea..
WHAT WAS THE POINT IN THAT EA???
hoad47
+2|6750|Sydney
PS..
Before this game came out, there were so many reviews saying the squad system is excellent.. and I agree with that.. this game is very much a teamwork based game
Ok.. so you build a game that has a good feature and take it away almost..
and as well as that .. EA has basically got a gun licence for BF2.. you basically now have to pay 30 or 40 bucks for more guns.. and if you dont.. your left behind... what an...... "interesting" marketing ploy
Keep it up EA.. make those bucks
I really hope alot of people crack SF..
hoad47
+2|6750|Sydney
lol.. ok ok.. the swapping thing is a server thing not an EA thing.. i think internode in australia is doing it.. just to kinda clear that up..
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6855|San Francisco

This is a server option, it does seem like there are more servers doing this since the patch came out however. Having this option on has always reset the squads though, so that is not new with the patch. Yes, it sucks, but just remember the names of people for like 10 seconds between rounds and join their squad again.

[off topic]Please dear lord learn how to use the nifty little edit button... Oh, and the fact that this is posted in 'Feature Requests' under the 'BF2s.com' section... Be more careful when starting threads...[/off topic]

Last edited by tF-voodoochild (2005-11-24 19:57:35)

0ktane
Negative Ping
+55|6774|Arizona
Heh, personally...that's been happening to me since I started playin the game months ago.  Just depends on the server I guess.  Some switch teams every round, and some don't.  Some break up a squad after every round, some don't.  Has nothin to do with a patch or SF exp.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6778|AUS, Canberra
i played on a server last night that switched after every round and reset squads and today played one that reset the squads but didnt switch you. its a pain in the arse if you ask me...
ayb
+0|6762|Orlando, FL
this is a server option that has been around since 1.0

also way to respond to yourself and then respond to yourself responding t yourself
RedFiercare
The Kid
+2|6751
I love to play on a different team each round, and whenever it resets the squads, they always get back together.  It's really an invalid complaint.  Besides, SF unlocks are ALTERNATES, not upgrades.  Ex.  The support gun... 100 rounds, like the PKM.  PKM is slow firing and powerful.  The SF one is fast firing and weak.  It's alternate, not an upgrade.
hoad47
+2|6750|Sydney
forgive me for not being as experienced as others at posting on a forum.. hey i guess this is how people learn.. i'm not sure if you read my third reply "to myself", as you say but i did retort to say it was a server issues not a 1.12 or sf thing.. the thing was i had been playing on this server since it came out and it hadn't happened before.. now it happened every round.. thats all
as well as .. how can you say this was an invalid compaint.. i mean i realise that if the teams are unbalanced, that its fair to take someone from the other team.. thats a given.. and also as i said if the whole team changed from MEC for USMC after each round.. again i said i can handle that.. but reseting the squads isnt neccessary..and i dont agree with you red..  they dont always get back together..
as to voodoo.. hang on .. im talking about feaures here.. be more careful?.. wtf..you know i think if people were maybe a little less critical and a little more helpful half these posts on alot of these forums wouldnt end up in a dumb argument... I didnt realise there was a forum police.. for christ sake if you dont like what people say just ignore it, dont respond.. do something else...GET OVER IT!
avagoodone al

actually just curious.. where should i have posted this forum please voodoo?
and how do i add quotes?

Last edited by hoad47 (2005-11-24 21:13:52)

VirtuaLResistancE
ArmChair Warrior
+4|6763|NH - USA
Funny I used to encounter that allot when I first started playing a couple months ago, but I guess people are learning not to set up the rooms that way now. It is annoying in many regards.
thinner44
+1|6817
You're lucky it was 'every round'. I played a game some time ago and each time you were killed, the server switched you. That was very very confusing

I now play with English VO and have to look in a mirror before I go ff and do some killin' ... that too can also be confusing
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6845|A Small Isle in the Tropics

thinner44 wrote:

You're lucky it was 'every round'. I played a game some time ago and each time you were killed, the server switched you. That was very very confusing
A day in the life of gunnery sergeant mikeshw.. charging to the second flag on Kubra Dam in my M1 Abrams..engine rumbling sweetly, no enemy in sight (wow my lucky day!)..pulls up to the flag.. hey, why isnt it lowering? nooo..glitch glitch..bail out bail out.. wait.. i was MEC a short while ago, now USMC..and its the Stars and Stripes billowing in the wind..

gunnery sergeant drives the M1 Abrams sheepishly away..hopefully no one noticed..

embarassing..
ayb
+0|6762|Orlando, FL
the radio traffic in english instead of farsi should have been your first clue...
thinner44
+1|6817

mikeshw wrote:

thinner44 wrote:

A day in the life of gunnery sergeant mikeshw.. charging to the second flag on Kubra Dam in my M1 Abrams..engine rumbling sweetly, no enemy in sight (wow my lucky day!)..pulls up to the flag.. hey, why isnt it lowering? nooo..glitch glitch..bail out bail out.. wait.. i was MEC a short while ago, now USMC..and its the Stars and Stripes billowing in the wind..

gunnery sergeant drives the M1 Abrams sheepishly away..hopefully no one noticed..

embarassing..
I hear ya, I often race to my own flag with hopes of capturing it. I often get confused as to who I am (team wise) and now realise why women carry around that little compact mirror. I think it's the silly things in this game that keeps it alive and kicking... although I'm not sure what the wife thinks when I'm sat here laughing my head off
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6845|A Small Isle in the Tropics

ayb wrote:

the radio traffic in english instead of farsi should have been your first clue...
yeah..but i turned it down low..and with a commander who keep going enemy this, enemy that spotted.. i just had to turn it down as it rang in my ears..
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6828|Belgium

mikeshw wrote:

yeah..but i turned it down low..and with a commander who keep going enemy this, enemy that spotted.. i just had to turn it down as it rang in my ears..
Commander: ...Schizophrenic unit spotted...

R
RadeonII
+1|6783

ayb wrote:

LOL there is an option to make it ( ENGLISH ONLY ) in the Audio settings.

I get switched from one side to the other after most rounds and have been for quite some time
-DS-Carbon
+0|6769|New Hampshire
If there server does do the switching and I am the squad leader I just re-invite my squad after the switch.
cablecopulate
+449|6745|Massachusetts.
One of my favorites does the switching every round thing. I like it. They play the same round twice in a row, so you play both sides. I had a good squad and we just all rejoined the same squad. Good times, good times.
RedFiercare
The Kid
+2|6751
For most servers, if the teams are uneven (say it's 10-8) the first person to die on the 10 player team gets kicked over to the 8 player team, so that it becomes 9-9.  If it's say 9-8, nothing happens.
-=Meshekal=-
+2|6749|United Kingdom
It always moves me from one team to another, no one else (But then, I don't notice when others get moved :p )

It's very annoying. Very annoying indeed. Especially as I want my time as US to go up...and I don't like the MEC much.

But I suppose some has to be MEC
ayb
+0|6762|Orlando, FL

RadeonII wrote:

ayb wrote:

LOL there is an option to make it ( ENGLISH ONLY ) in the Audio settings.
where's the fun in that?

also, keep in mind that squad leaders are exempt from autobalance. are they exempt from round-end switching too?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard