-MIKI3.
+70|6641|The Netherlands
16/32 karkand = good
64 Karkand = BAD ! ...to many armor whores for me
Tunacommy
+56|6618|Massachusetts, USA
I would like to see a map that is even MORE condensed with alleys etc...so no armor can get in there, just infantry.....some serious door to door action.
The_Jester
+52|6489|Italy

Tunacommy wrote:

I would like to see a map that is even MORE condensed with alleys etc...so no armor can get in there, just infantry.....some serious door to door action.
Iron Gator
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6738

The_Jester wrote:

Tunacommy wrote:

Iron Gator
Yep as long as you have team that can get on the carrier, otherwise as in the words of Comic Book Guy "worse map ever"

Last edited by paranoid101 (2006-08-03 08:44:54)

Hooten-Delta
+2|6497
I would like Karkand more if it weren't for the Hotel acting like a blackhole, sucking in all the anti-teamwork lemmings who are just looking for quick nade kills. Mix in the LAV campers just wating around picking people off as the they spawn near the hotel and it gets tiring real quick.

If you want a city map that takes strategy and skill then play Ghost Town.

Last edited by Hooten-Delta (2006-08-03 08:50:54)

CC-Marley
+407|6826
No L !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6748|the middle of nowhere
KARKAND!!!!!

NOT: Karkland, Karcaine, Kairclaine, Kurklund, Kurkland, Karland, etc............

EDIT: And no I don't hate Karkand. It's one of my favorite maps.

Last edited by |CCCCCDark_Helmet (2006-08-03 09:23:03)

DecJW
Webhoster
+38|6582
its like marmite. You either love it, or you hate it
Brasso
+1,549|6628

First of all, it's Karkand.  Second, it just plain sucks.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
cablecopulate
+449|6736|Massachusetts.
Karkand is the de_dust of bf2.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6670|Colorado
I was finally able to free myself, it took special forces to do it.
ncc6206
=BIG= BAD AND UGLY
+36|6477
Its a good map for training a noob.  They dont have to worry about choppers and jets tearing them up the second they spawn.  Gives them a warm comfy feeling that they can actually make it a few feet before they get sniped.
mKmalfunction
Infamous meleeKings cult. Est. 2003 B.C.
+82|6537|The Lost Highway

DrunkFace wrote:

Why?? because:
1. Its over played, every second person has it as there fav map, and really the only reasons why is easy points.
2. Theres no tactics, people will argue that there is - BS, you may think there is but its just a point whore fest at the hotel 99.95% of the time.
3. To much whoreing, there is no map you gets points quicker and easier (All people with high SPM play this map exclusivly). Takes very little skill to get 80+ points a round.
4. Lack of team work, why because theres no tactics to use. the map is too linear so theres alway 1 place on the map where 60 people are within 100 metres.
5. Too much whoreing, Be it nade, tank (APC) or medic, there are people that do nothing but one of these for the entire map.
6. There is no importants put on flags (needing only 2 to stop ticket bleed). This is probbably the main reason why everything else happens.
7. Apart from all that there are just so many better maps to play. The ONE major reason why so many people play it, is EASY points. Dont bull shit me with infantry fights are the best becasue mashtuur city has a total of 2 tanks both of which you can lose if you lose there spawn point making it the only map which you can play with no vehicle stronger then a transport (due to BH nerf), making it the most infantry friendly map in existance. Why isnt it played as much? Because you will never score as high on it and you cant just whore points or you will lose, you must actually try and win (WHAT A FUCKING SHOCK)!!

Do you want to know the flaws with wake too?? because thats one shit map unless your the 4 people in the j-10's, or Z-10.
Mashtuur is a really good map... But I got 230 points B.R. on it, alot more than I've ever gotten on Karkand. (I wasn't the commander either.)
13rin
+977|6477
Thanks all for the input.  Lotta opinions... At least now I know it's karKAND.  jesus.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
TurDlich
Recovering Karkand Addict
+8|6651|Bottom of the bowl
I have spent a lot of time on karkand...I love the huge infantry battles without jets running up your ass all the time.  After a while it gets old.  Same shit, different day.  At first, it was awesome having all these targets to shoot, grenade, and heal...but then its like you hit bf puberty, and those things aren't enough fun anymore.  I dropped karkand like a hot rock when I bought SF.

I love being in the action all the time, so the vanilla maps can get a bit boring for me.  Drive to action, die.  Drive to action, kill 1 guy, die.  Action is where you spawn, kill 1 guy, die.  Walk to closest enemy base, sneak around, kill 1 guy, take the flag, arty.  Too much time spent looking at the spawn screen and being behind the wheel.

SF is where the real inf. action is.  The fighting is condensed, but the maps are still large enough for choppers and transport to be necessary.

/my 2 cents
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6564|England

After playing 59hours on the map, I realised that it was just as repetitive as playing CSS. Almost as boring too. I have not gone near karkand for over 2months now and have been playing all of the proper maps in the game. Maps that require tactics, teamwork and something other than 30 medics running round with health packs. Maps where snipers cant just run through a whole platoon of troops and throw claymores everywhere without a care in the world. Maps where arty is less of an issue because everyone is not enclosed between a few fences. Maps where nade spamming and the top10 will never venture to for a fear of dropping a few points. Maps where you meet some proper skilled opposition - not lucky nades for an entire round. And as a result of coming off of karkand 2 months ago, my SPM, WLR and accuracy have all increased, along with my own ingame skills. In fact, I gave up Karkand in favour of EF. And thank fuck I did.

Sharqi has always been my most favourite Infantry map, for its popularity, infantry fights and wide range of obstacles, terrain and vehicles - which are far from dominating (except for an MEC chopper if nobody ever decides to shoot back at it...retards).
Mashtuur is a good map, however, in terms of intensity, the infantry fights dont compare. The best thing about it, is the transport choppers and lack of armour.

Last edited by Snake (2006-08-03 10:01:43)

a fly
+105|6642|The netherlands

DrunkFace wrote:

Why?? because:
1. Its over played, every second person has it as there fav map, and really the only reasons why is easy points.
i can explain mine: first bf2 clan i was in had that map on almost 24/7. dident really liked it (sucked back then, really hard...), then i liked it to get a quick 2k points for an unlock (wasent good with choppers yet), then i liked it on 64 map, 32slot playing with a squad IGNORING hotel COMPLETLY.

then i liked it for commanding, i mean, arty cant miss there. then i liked it for infantry only, still do.

also play it sometimes for jihadding

my favo map is dalian plant thought
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6563|Area 51
What Is Karkland?
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6651
I stopped playing it.

1.: ARTY. EVERY infantry battle gets ended by it.
2.: TANKS. See above, and add spawnraping to the mix.
3.: CLAYMORES. Does this need explaining?
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6695
See I don't see why so many people hate the hotel (the spot near the train wreck right where people hack, or is the the place in the building nearest to the closest flag)
jsnipy
+3,276|6520|...

DecJW wrote:

its like marmite. You either love it, or you hate it
isn;t that yeast paste .. we take some to my brit  bro in law. Never bothered ot ask ... i knew sald cream from faulty towers

Last edited by jsnipy (2006-08-03 11:23:03)

imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6767|Human Meat Shield

TrollmeaT wrote:

I was finally able to free myself, it took special forces to do it.
Roger that. Now Im a Warlord Whore and becoming a Ghost Town Junkie, then getting involved in Mass Destruction..well just about everything else SF. My most played map is Warlord.
bigp66
+63|6546|memphfrica-memphis,TN

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Why does Karkland seem to be the brunt of such hate?  I've seen that some love it and hate it.  It's not my favorite map.  I'll play it when I get pissed at someone in a J-10 peeing all over the carrier keeping everyone from making it to land on the wake map.    I enjoy the Peninsula map more when I want to play a city map.  But it seems that the Kark maps are usually full especially for 32 or 64 size servers...   Just curious.
hey Retard...........its karkand not karkland
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6754|Scotland

Wake!!!!!!

And pie.......
jamiet757
+138|6620

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Karkland
??? Is that like a bad theme park?

Board footer