Hyper_Dude
+5|6858|United Knigdom
I haven't seen this happen yet, but I've seen something extremely similar already. Let me Explain. Blackhawks are meant to be aweful in most people's books, particually on Mash. The Typical setup would be 3 engineers in the back repairing, with at least 1 medic and 1 support for ammo and health in the pilot seat and a gunner seat.

Well what if you added an assault and 2 engineers to the back? Why Assualt? Simple answer, Flashbags!

How are you going to get shot out of the sky, when you spam flashbags around making the shooters blind?

It was on Dragon Valley, I was one of the few people driving around in a buggy, while everyone else was in planes or choppers, with 1 or 2 tanks. I was capping the flags mainly, and happened to be capping the centre flag of the 64 player version, I think it's farmhouse or something like that. I'd neutralized the flag, when my vision started to wobble, and everything had a white tinge. Someone had thrown a flashbag near me, but not close enough.

But it kept coming, until I saw one drop, from a friendly backhawk! There was only the pilot, a support, with an assualt passenger in the back just spamming flashbags. I aksed why he was throwing them at me, but he just flew off once the flag got captured.

Dice could really do with taking out the flashbag from the Special Forces only unlocks. A lot of people are upset or complaining about Special Forces players getting them, but I personally don't see the problem. The only thing I don't like is the flashbag. It's going to be used as an exploit in a sence, and it will only be limited to certain players.

All the other unlocks have an equal in a sence, but not the flashbags.
Banthur
Banned
+2|6764

Hyper_Dude wrote:

It's going to be used as an exploit in a sence, and it will only be limited to certain players
An expoit in the sense that you don't have it?
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6798

It's not an exploit, I mean it's just like throwing nades out the back of the chopper. However, I can see why this would irritate you and I get the feeling that it's gonna become an issue when people catch on to ways they can abuse the system. The FB's have a HUGE effect on the area so if they are just spamming FB's there is no hope.

I can only hope this won't get bad soon, or I might have to get the game.
Banthur
Banned
+2|6764

GotMex? wrote:

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
Umbra Acciptris
+1|6791
I don't see this as a problem in BH usage.  I used to make squads.  I would have the engies spam grenades from the hawk when not repairing.  Also I try to put in one spec ops, to spam C4. . . now that is the real killer from a BH.
ApathyCrusade
+0|6776
It's all part of the consumerist mentality EA is trying to install into its customers. If you want to be better, you have to BUY BUY BUY! Flashbangs produce a major balance issue for those who don't want to buy the expansion, and EA doesn't give a hot shit. EA should respect the core customer's decision instead of throwing back in their faces, literally.

With all that said I love the expansion
Banthur
Banned
+2|6764
I've paid 15$/month to play MMOs, if I have to pay 30$ every couple to play BF2 I don't see it as a problem.

Last edited by Banthur (2005-11-24 17:52:07)

||BFA||xZeler8
Expendable Miracle Worker
+1|6816

ApathyCrusade wrote:

It's all part of the consumerist mentality EA is trying to install into its customers. If you want to be better, you have to BUY BUY BUY! Flashbangs produce a major balance issue for those who don't want to buy the expansion, and EA doesn't give a hot shit. EA should respect the core customer's decision instead of throwing back in their faces, literally.

actually it's called a good business tactic...they are there to make money, not make sure everyone that plays every one of their games happy...
-fart-Boom
+0|6780

||BFA||xZeler8 wrote:

ApathyCrusade wrote:

actually it's called a good business tactic...they are there to make money, not make sure everyone that plays every one of their games happy...
Well a smarter buisness tactic is to keep your consumers happy, while making them buy stuff.  This way more people are likely to buy it, rather then just get mad.
warco3
+1|6764|Orlando, FL
I agree. And to all the whiners out there, STFU and BUY the damned expansion already. Sheesh.
NamelessMarine
+0|6770
Yeah I dont' see why people where complaining so much...seince the xpack came out, I've only been flashbanged twice, both from a blackhawk and the only thing that went through my head was "Cool, flashbang!  Pretty smart tactic for caping a flag...I'll ahve to try it sometime."  Not "OMG he *effectively* used his kit how dare he!" sorta thing.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6787|Toronto, ON
If you people keep saying BF2 sucked, why did you buy BF2 SF?

Fucking bwned again.
Alpha as fuck.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6844|Marathon, Florida Keys
give me a break
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Hyper_Dude
+5|6858|United Knigdom
I don't have a problem with the expansion pack, it should be on my doormat later this morning, nor do I have a problem with blackhawk squads, I can hide somewhere! The thing that kinda annoyed me was the fact teammates where using it against me, in a totally stupid situation. I don't even want to walk past airfields any more, or helipads for that matter. TK's will go, blind people will appear.

It's just that Flashbags, as good as they are to use, they're a bitch to get hit by, and there's nothing which equals it. At least with the other unlocks, you get the choice of another gun if you don't like a particular aspect, but with the flashbag, you have to have the expansion pack and you have to be assault (I prefer being a medic)

The good thing about the other explosives (does flashbag even count as one?) you can counter-act them. (grenades = run away, mines = use a wrench/blowup, claymore = blowup, C4 = kill that scum) And you see it before you blow up most of the time. With a flashbag, you could be a couple feet away, in a box, eyes closed, facing in the opposite direction and you still end up blind!

I just think that it's too powerful, and there's nothing which could be used instead in core BF2
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6804|Human Meat Shield
It's my next unlock   And yeah just like the Air superiority that everyone knows, now there is something on the ground, but dang it still can't get those planes!!!

-- Us ground Meat Shields have to have something to play with. 
Raxor
Enemy Boat Spotted
+17|6880|United Kingdom
i was doing something like that on dragon valley when i was just messing around with them. could be a useful tactic for mec as well as us, C4 + flashbangs outta the back of chopper
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6798

Banthur wrote:

GotMex? wrote:

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
Your mom is the dumbest thing I've ever heard... see, now you've heard something even dumber .

Besides, if everyone's doing it, I'd have to get the expansion just to stay on top of the game. Ok no, but seriously, I just got a taste of flashbanging from a chopper while I was transporting buddies in the blackhawk. It's actually the worlds most annoying thing to be flying trying to keep it steady and get flashed, so I get the feeling it might not get bad as the original poster thinks.

Another time, in Sharqui, someone actually threw a FB at my window while I was trying to hover and rape their asses. I went completelly blind and smashed dead on into a building so this might be a new way to counter act air rapage.
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6863|Australia
has anyone taken hits from more than one FB in a row? it lasts up to 30sec and really hurts your eyes.
Umbra Acciptris
+1|6791
humm, that could explain why I have recently seen a few helo's just veer slowly out of controll and crash. . . did not consider flashbang.
Lazarus Tag'lim
Have Wrench, Will Travel
+1|6816|Alabama Coast, USA
Well to tell you the truth, I have SF, can get the FB in BF2 (still not sure where I want to put my extra unlocks yet), and I don't particularly see it as being fair to those who don't have, or want SF.

How about if EA made a new expansion, another $30, and all it gave you was double your body armor?  You'd say that's a rip, and not want to buy it...   but then some people with money to burn would buy it, and have it when playing against you.  Seem fair?  Well... you could decide not to get the patch, and to find all the servers that decided it was a stupid thing, and didn't patch either...  but now you're not getting any of the bug fixes ever again.

I'm not saying SF gear in BF2 maps is a bad idea...  but you ought to be able to setup 1.12 servers without it.
NamelessMarine
+0|6770
Come to think of it I don't thikn I've ever realized my body armor doing squat--always seem to die just as easily.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6804|Human Meat Shield
We have body armor?!!?

I also think that the Artillery only hits me directly, the rest is just splashes that hit other infantry, I have bad luck with Arty. I also think that the Crate should come with MRE's, to upgrade the bunny-hopping-adrenaline-dolphing diving-203 nading-flash banging-run bar.

I went a whole game blinded in Surge. Seemed like a whole 6 Squads were just chucking them anywhere, while support --  well supported them. The score was amazing.
Dilly
The Amish Must Die!
+1|6882
I agree that its kinda bullshit that sf can bring their gear into bf2 games, I have a feeling that they soon will be adding a patch to allow bf2 players to get the same unlocks sf players are getting.

It can easily be compared to this, one football team gets pads, cleats, and helmets

The other team gets the same, but they also get samurai swords, spiked helmets and rocket fueled cleats. 

I wonder which team is going to win? 

its obvious that some of the sf unlocks are superior to that of bf2's, to allow those players to come in without allowing bf2 players to get the same equipment is unfair, exploitatious (those players now have an unfair advantage over bf2 players) and disrespectful of EA for almost punishing the BF2 players for not spending money on an expansion that should have been included in the original game. 

yeah, its easy for you 17 year old kids to say, "go out and buy and and stop complaining"  when you still live at home with mommy and daddy, dont pay rent, probably dont have a job which explains how you can have 500+ hours in game already and dont have kids, bills or anything else.  Its easy to go out and buy it then, but not for the rest of us.
NamelessMarine
+0|6770
Lol  Yeah I'm a 17 year old kid living with m'rents.  I do have a job.  I work in St. Mary's Hospital.  I do have bills (of course not as many as you) as I pay for my DSL every month, and every two weeks I give money to my friend for gas because she takes me to school/work (I take a class an hour before school accually opens for other people).

But yeah...one 4 hour shift buys me this game.
Dilly
The Amish Must Die!
+1|6882
one 2 hour shift would buy me this game, but then I would have to forgoe my coffee for that paycheck period, I spend about 30 bucks every 2 weeks on coffee, thats my recreational budget beyond netflix and my cable modem. 

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard