oneshotsnipednoobfag
+9|6475
alright im completely new to fraps, downloaded it just now and i know how to work it, that is record ingame stuff. altho i sometimes lag a little when im recording? any help on that one? also wat fps should i set it to run at? and how do i keep it so my recording size is small, like i just recorded a 29 second video and its 249 mb and i cant upload on youtube cuz max file size is 100 mb?? any help is appreciated .

ive used search, didnt help.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6623
start up windows movie maker.

Import the file.

Drag it onto the timeline.

Export the file, you'll get compressing options when you do.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
oneshotsnipednoobfag
+9|6475
oh alright yea i just did the movie thing, so i know how to make it so i can make it smaller folder but wat fps should i be running it at?

also will more ram allow me to record at high settings so i dont lag?

Last edited by oneshotsnipednoobfag (2006-08-02 18:14:47)

a fly
+105|6614|The netherlands

oneshotsnipednoobfag wrote:

oh alright yea i just did the movie thing, so i know how to make it so i can make it smaller folder but wat fps should i be running it at?

also will more ram allow me to record at high settings so i dont lag?
4GB ram is best for that althought sometimes i hardly notice difference when recording @ 25frames/sec with 1gb ram (cant wait for my 2gb upgrade xD).

also you need a good hardisk, its better if its a different disk then the one with os + game. i dont mean partition, i really mean other disk, cause of writing speed. best for this is  RAID 0 or 5, with 6 HD's

you dont really need it thought.

to get fraps to playback good, record it at 25 frames, if you want to add slomo effects, you need more ( slomo x2 = 50 frames, slomo x3 = 75 frames needed.)  basic maths here
oneshotsnipednoobfag
+9|6475
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6710

R3v4n wrote:

fail.
Please enough already with that that *fail* bollocks
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6668

paranoid101 wrote:

R3v4n wrote:

fail.
I thought it was pretty decent esp with the kill
LT.Victim
+1,175|6533|British Columbia, Canada
I run 30 FPS when i record.. If your lagging while Recording.. Try Recording Half Size only, and you might want to invest into some More ram..

Dont Upload your Videos on Putfile, Try google Video, or Youtube.
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6710

xX[Elangbam]Xx wrote:

paranoid101 wrote:

R3v4n wrote:

fail.
I thought it was pretty decent esp with the kill
Yep I thought it was alright too, seeing your using the software for the first time.

I didnt have a problem with the vid, just with the dumb *fail* post.
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6457|Melbourne

Come on...
He drove a jeep into a uncap a run over some one woop'de doo, man you see that every round, why not film your self in a jet or a jeep  doing tricks, add a bit of background music do some editing put in a title and your got a half decent movie.
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6710
He just posted it to see if he could get it working and its not bad for a first effort.
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6668

R3v4n wrote:

Come on...
He drove a jeep into a uncap a run over some one woop'de doo, man you see that every round, why not film your self in a jet or a jeep  doing tricks, add a bit of background music do some editing put in a title and your got a half decent movie.
He just wanted to see if it was "decent" not spectacular. We'll be seeing that in a week maybe
R3v4n
+433|6457|Melbourne

Well i hope so...
i suggest downloading a Battlerecorder file and mix between FPS and 3rd person view.
GL
cause i dont wanna see another movie like that again.

Last edited by R3v4n (2006-08-02 18:46:03)

~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
M_Harrower
Will code HTML for food
+114|6544
Wow, Revan, you're a real dickhead. Congrats.
Mr.Casual
p-n*|3eergogglz
+136|6479|Minnesota eh
that missle that JUST missed the DPV was kool, then u get bombed lol, +1
R3v4n
+433|6457|Melbourne

M_Harrower wrote:

Why thank you. its just i think this guy is  a fag, and i dont find driving a jeep into an uncap that exicting, and you guys bitch about snipers no contibuting to the team, how does driving an empty jeep in to an uncap full of troops contribute to the team, if there were guys in there with him presenting some fire at the enemy then it wouldnt be a waste of a jeep now would it.
slicknic
+145|6596
Crank your fps up in fps and it will let you play at a better fps.  Im pretty sure it almost slows your comp down to  record at whatever fps you are set at.  I went from 25 laggy ass fps to the max and it made it easier on me (but not my computer ><).  Frapsing requires a damn good computer, thats all there is to it.  I really dont know whats the most important thing for a computer to run it tho...
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6721|Chicago.

slicknic wrote:

Crank your fps up in fps and it will let you play at a better fps.  Im pretty sure it almost slows your comp down to  record at whatever fps you are set at.  I went from 25 laggy ass fps to the max and it made it easier on me (but not my computer ><).  Frapsing requires a damn good computer, thats all there is to it.  I really dont know whats the most important thing for a computer to run it tho...
I'm sorry, could you clarify? FPS in the FPS and it will let you play at a better FPS?

Am I missing something here?
Mr.Casual
p-n*|3eergogglz
+136|6479|Minnesota eh

BigmacK192 wrote:

slicknic wrote:

Crank your fps up in fps and it will let you play at a better fps.
I'm sorry, could you clarify? FPS in the FPS and it will let you play at a better FPS?

Am I missing something here?
lol
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6721|Chicago.
Seriously, am I the only one confused by this statement?
slicknic
+145|6596
All fps i was talking about were about Frames per second... not first person shooter. im late... its tired.. im goin to bed ><
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6721|Chicago.
I understand that. I knew you weren't saying first person shooter for each.

I'm still confused.
M_Harrower
Will code HTML for food
+114|6544

R3v4n wrote:

M_Harrower wrote:

Why thank you. its just i think this guy is  a fag, and i dont find driving a jeep into an uncap that exicting, and you guys bitch about snipers no contibuting to the team, how does driving an empty jeep in to an uncap full of troops contribute to the team, if there were guys in there with him presenting some fire at the enemy then it wouldnt be a waste of a jeep now would it.
Ok. I take what I said back, because you've got a valid point...but I think he made the vid specifically for testing. Not to please/exite/humour the audience in any way.
lordgeno
Enemy Bush Spotted!
+18|6683|asshole of the planet, NM, USA
what is wrong with putfile?  Just curious, and didn't wanna make a topic of my own
R3v4n
+433|6457|Melbourne

M_Harrower wrote:

R3v4n wrote:

M_Harrower wrote:

Ok. I take what I said back, because you've got a valid point...but I think he made the vid specifically for testing. Not to please/exite/humour the audience in any way.
Thats cool, thats why i said i dont want to see aother movie like this again, but congrats to noobsniperfag for leaarning how to use FRAPS hmmmm letts all press f9 together now!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard