|AIA| DAS
+23|6503|Me Dad's Wilkins

kr@cker wrote:

if cuba's so wonderful, why are people literally dying to get here? I am a former miami resident, in fact i was born there, and yes, the stories are true, hooray for the wonderful benevolent father of the people, at least the people he didn't have raped, murdered in their sleep, forced to watch their entire family executed in front of their eyes, you get the point

oh and check the red in my sig
Castro didn't fall... He... Oh just look at this...

https://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n191/AIADAS/ZidaneandCastro.gif

LOL

Last edited by |AIA| DAS (2006-08-02 16:38:07)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6562

|AIA| DAS wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Bubbalo wrote:

It's worked fine for the Cubans
Amen to that. Life expectancy to dream of, health and dental care second only to Canada, culture and the arts appreciated and supported immensely, a true culture of living for life not living to get one over on the other.

There are obviously some freedoms the Cubans are foregoing but the vast majority support the revolution and if the West tries any funny shit when Castro dies it'll backfire dreadfully. For instance, how will a people go from FREE dental and healthcare at any time to the distinctly less secure world we westerners live in? I say China-ization of Cuba would be the best approach post-Castro.
So, if it's so magical in Cuba, why are all the Cubans in Little Havana in Florida, partying like it's 1999 on news that Castro was ill?
Because they're gagging to bring inequality back to Cuba. Batista Mark II here we come!!!
A.Drew(G.Drew
+4|6746|Hamilton, Scotland

|AIA| DAS wrote:

kr@cker wrote:

if cuba's so wonderful, why are people literally dying to get here? I am a former miami resident, in fact i was born there, and yes, the stories are true, hooray for the wonderful benevolent father of the people, at least the people he didn't have raped, murdered in their sleep, forced to watch their entire family executed in front of their eyes, you get the point

oh and check the red in my sig
Castro didn't fall... He... Oh just look at this...

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n191 … Castro.gif

LOL
LOL!
he didnt c that one coming!
VIVE LA FRANCE,  LOL!
|AIA| DAS

CameronPoe Loves Commies wrote:

|AIA| DAS wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Amen to that. Life expectancy to dream of, health and dental care second only to Canada, culture and the arts appreciated and supported immensely, a true culture of living for life not living to get one over on the other.

There are obviously some freedoms the Cubans are foregoing but the vast majority support the revolution and if the West tries any funny shit when Castro dies it'll backfire dreadfully. For instance, how will a people go from FREE dental and healthcare at any time to the distinctly less secure world we westerners live in? I say China-ization of Cuba would be the best approach post-Castro.
So, if it's so magical in Cuba, why are all the Cubans in Little Havana in Florida, partying like it's 1999 on news that Castro was ill?
Because they're gagging to bring inequality back to Cuba. Batista Mark II here we come!!!
Oh yes, that MUST be it...What R U Drinking?  Jamison's?

Last edited by |AIA| DAS (2006-08-02 16:43:08)

spastic bullet
would like to know if you are on crack
+77|6547|vancouver
I'm no fan of dictators and Castro is a dictator.  On the other hand, Batista's Cuba was hardly a utopia.  Also, all these bullshit comparisons to Miami are retarded.  Compare Cuba to other countries in Central America if you want to be realistic about it.
|AIA| DAS

spastic bullet wrote:

I'm no fan of dictators and Castro is a dictator.  On the other hand, Batista's Cuba was hardly a utopia.  Also, all these bullshit comparisons to Miami are retarded.  Compare Cuba to other countries in Central America if you want to be realistic about it.
Dude, WTF, who compared Cuba to Miami?  READING IS FUNDAMENTAL...
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6556|Southeastern USA
yeah, I was only talking about the cuban refugees, I saw no one making any comparisons.

it worked when i tested it, but here's the straight poop

http://www.latinamericanstudies.org/fidel/fall.wmv

this whole sites pretty good, even has the Casto/chavez prank calls, yes they called the little shits themselves

http://www.latinamericanstudies.org/fidel.htm

Last edited by kr@cker (2006-08-02 17:01:14)

headrippa
+9|6781

James-m wrote:

israel are cowards? yeah thats why theres airstrikes, troop movements and artillery bombardments 24/7. shut it asshole, you youve got about as much idea on this as george bush has about it. (none)
Striking from the air and your own border is brave these days is it ?
jonsimon
+224|6501
Cuba's got a pretty sweet system going on. After the fall of the soviet union and the end of foreign aid from them, cuba had almost no ability to purchase oil. (Oil has to be purchased in American dollars cash) Now cuba has developed the most advanced social agrarian system in the world. The government owns all the land as in a command economy, but the land is free to any producer who will use it to grow food. The result is an incentive to grow produce on small scales near residential areas eliminating the cost of transportation. Because the growers are allowed to sell their produce, as in a free market economy, the workers on the Co-ops have wage incentives to make a profit. The oil shortage has also brought a revolution in their effeciency. Cuba now produced 12 calories of food energy per calorie of oil energy invested. For context, America is the opposite, consuming 12 calories of oil energy per calorie of food energy.

Cuba sounds like nicer place all the time.
|AIA| DAS

jonsimon wrote:

Cuba's Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah cuba has Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah . The result is an incentive to grow produce on small scales near residential areas eliminating the cost of transportation. Because the growers are allowed to sell their produce, as in a free market economy, the workers on the Co-ops have wage incentives to make a profit. The oil shortage has also brought a revolution in their effeciency. Cuba now produced 12 calories of food energy per calorie of oil energy invested. For context, America is the opposite, consuming 12 calories of oil energy per calorie of food energy.

Cuba sounds like nicer place all the time.
Why dontcha move there, I'll buy you a ticket!!!!

Seriously...I will!  Beat It!

Last edited by |AIA| DAS (2006-08-02 19:35:54)

T0rr3nt
+54|6583|Michigan

|DL|Krokkieboy wrote:

erm jews dont die for freedom , they kill and steal land which doesnt even belong to them,.

you just lucky europe is too scared, cause we aint nothing but arselicking america all the time and hope we get a cookie.
im not too into early history of that area, but wasnt that area the jews first?
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
it was most recently lost to the british after the failure of the german/ottoman agression of WW1, something many people conveniently forget, you don't want to lose your land, don't go starting wars, and even then, it was more or less an arm of the ottoman empire, not really palestine, and it was the Jews that financed and orchestrated bringing the area into the industrial age, whereas the arab population was mostly nomadic, after both WW1 and 2 ended brits decided to let the already "large and in charge" jewish population govern it. "palestine" as it relates to modern history is a myth, in fact, yassir arafat was egyptian i think

if i remember correctly, Arafat and his PLOsers were first trying to claim Jordan as "palestinian land", then king hussein (father of current king hussein) killed 20-30000 of them and kicked em out, the ones that are still there stay pretty quiet now, seems they need to make up their mind what they want to claim before they whine much more

Last edited by kr@cker (2006-08-02 19:53:06)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6681|Canberra, AUS
I just saw this thread, and wasn't paticularly please at what I saw. It seems the average intelligence of the average forum debater is lowering.

And now that we've gone completely off the rails within twenty hours...
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!

CameronPoe wrote:

Lisik wrote:

Nobody is going to attack Ireland Lisik
tell it to thouse who die in London metropolitan!
I think you are confused as to the political geography of Europe. Let me show you a map:

http://www.edinphoto.org.uk/0_MAPS/0_ma … larged.jpg

The Republic of Ireland, an independent soveriegn nation, has nothing to do with England or London. What was your point?
spain and canada thought they were safe, too, cameron, you'd do well to keep an eye out
PekkaA
+36|6671|Finland

CameronPoe wrote:

|AIA| DAS wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Cameron, maybe you should ask locals why almost everyone has relatives living in USA, when you get over there. Fact is, that most people work abroad to send money to their relatives living in Cuba keep the system running and people alive.

Or you can try living with 20 euros / month while staying. Because that's average salary there.

Wake up man, if you are being serious on this.

Last edited by PekkaA (2006-08-03 02:06:55)

Lisik
+74|6507|Israel
guys... not us, not uk, not israel give birth the terrorism! what give birth the terrorism u can see on the first page of this thread! ISLAM! islam is the only one who give birth the terrorism! till not all peoples in the world are muslem, terrorism will be present! and it have to be understod to everyone of u - it what nasralla say, it what ahmadajan say, it what bin laden say, it what any terrorist will say!!!

im not trying to make all muslems - islam extremists... no, there is a normal muslems to! BUT! they not show themselfs becouse of fear! fear to be killed if they trying to stop the extremist ones!

this is exactly whats going on in lebanon! the extremists controle this country, control by fear, by guns, by terror! hezbollah dont care a shit of lebanones civilians(otherway why they hide behind kids), the mine idea of hezbollah its a "WORLD SHARIA" and in way to world sharia the got a big fucking wall that thay can not destroy for already loooong time - ISRAEL
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6681|Canberra, AUS
They also control by providing garbage collection.

Because people can only question something if they get a little trash
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Lisik
+74|6507|Israel
a little trash with 15000 rockets... preaty not a little trash!
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6638|Finland

Lisik wrote:

a little trash with 15000 rockets... preaty not a little trash!
Actually, it's 200 rockets during one day that Hezbollah fired. This is the most rockets fired by them during the whole conflict. Of these rockets, reportedly one hit into a city and killed at least 1 civilian. Fuckup? Probably. However, is a barrage lasting for several hours on the same spot containing UN observers a fuckup? I wonder.. Soon after the rocket-strike from Lebanon, Israel replied with a commando-strike to Balbek starting with an airstrike killing 15 civilians in the process. This airstrike was conducted during the (partial) cease fire on airstrikes.

I'm not taking sides, but rather spotting the instigator.

Aannndd... we're almost back to the topic.

Last edited by DonFck (2006-08-03 00:46:22)

I need around tree fiddy.
TeamZephyr
Maintaining My Rage Since 1975
+124|6536|Hillside, Melbourne, Australia

Lisik wrote:

guys... not us, not uk, not israel give birth the terrorism! what give birth the terrorism u can see on the first page of this thread! ISLAM! islam is the only one who give birth the terrorism! till not all peoples in the world are muslem, terrorism will be present! and it have to be understod to everyone of u - it what nasralla say, it what ahmadajan say, it what bin laden say, it what any terrorist will say!!!
Oh really? Islam has been around for centuries and only recently we have seen a rise in the amount of terrorists and extremist. Why? Because of western involvment in their countries.

And I wish you'd stop being so anti-isemetic.
FlashHeart
+4|6513|Chatham, UK
I went to Cuba last year, and despite excellent health and education standards there is real poverty there. Whether this is caused by the economic system, the US embargo or a combination of the two is open to debate, but when Cubans are free to speak openly (which they can be reluctant to do in public) there is a yearning for change and less state control of their lives. I hope that when it happens they can keep the good aspects of their current system rather than jump completely into a US style free market.
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6518|Gold Coast
You must think logically, you cant invade a country just because it has different beliefs than you (eg Religion).

Both Islamic extremests and Israel are cowards. They both have different versions, thats all.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6518|Gold Coast
Oh and as for the EU thing, they wont complain (at least i think they wont) because there are too many Jewish people spread out in the world. If the EU did something to Israel, there would be protests, riots even if it goes too far...
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
Lisik
+74|6507|Israel

TeamZephyr wrote:

Lisik wrote:

Oh really? Islam has been around for centuries and only recently we have seen a rise in the amount of terrorists and extremist. Why? Because of western involvment in their countries.

islam comes 1700 years after judaism... so what western involvement are u talking about???

and im not anti-isemetic, im anti-hezbollah extrimists!!!
TeamZephyr
Maintaining My Rage Since 1975
+124|6536|Hillside, Melbourne, Australia

Lisik wrote:

TeamZephyr wrote:

Lisik wrote:

islam comes 1700 years after judaism... so what western involvement are u talking about???

and im not anti-isemetic, im anti-hezbollah extrimists!!!
You are anti-isemetic, you've simply blamed the islamic religion for being "the only one who give birth the terrorism". And when it comes to "their" countries I'm thinking Afghanistan, Iran and Iraq as a few good examples?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard