DoubleDose
+4|6604
So my wife REALLY hates bf2, but my 6 y/o daughter thinks it's pretty cool so the other day I was playing PLA on Wake and she was watching me snipe a couple of Marines at a base.  At first she was just wanting to shoot the guns and watch stuff blow up, but after a couple of times of getting run over by a Hummer because i was standing out in the open firing into the air I decided to do a little exterminating.  Now I think kids these days KNOW the difference between shooting virtual people and real people (no need to flame, I can just mention this theory to my wife and she'll light into me like no other and please, you don't EVEN compare to the flaming my wife can give...among other things) and so i was letting her watch me snipe a couple of pesky vermin when she figured out that I was actually shooting at Americans.  The verbalization of her thoughts was priceless though:

"Hey look at those guys they have a flag above them."
"Hey that flag looks like the Texas flag."
"Hey that flag IS the American flag!"

DoubleDose [M95] someUSMCdude

"Hey you shot that guy."
"That guy is an American...hey you shot an American.  Daddy!  Why are you shooting Americans?  Stop shooting the Americans!  You're an American! Why are you shooting the Americans?!  Stop shooting, Daddy stop shooting!" 

Basically she was calling me a traitor to my country.  Now she was laughing the entire time she was yelling this, so don't get all Oprah on me but it was funnier than hell and I had to eventually stop becuase she kept hitting me and pulling my hand off the mouse.  Plus I saw this episode on Oprah where kids were playing violent video games and...

Kids...they're kinda funny sometimes.

Last edited by DoubleDose (2006-05-03 08:32:36)

MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6810|EUR
shoot more americans, warp her mind.
slicknic
+145|6661
at least shes patriotic =], maybe just switch to american?  altho hopefully she wont grow up hating chinese cuz of this =x
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6744|Charlie One Alpha
lol I like to shoot Americans! In-game ofcourse. Hearing someone yell "Medic!" is just more satisfying than "af;asdifjlfjeu" or something else I can't understand.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
The1_Knightmare
Alt+F4 For God-Mode
+14|6661
Originally, i thought BF2 was going to be US vs MEC and China vs MEC.

Get your sons and daughters to watch you shoot Americans. See their reactions .
MaddOps
Who the hell elected you leader of this outfit?
+55|6632

LaidBackNinja wrote:

lol I like to shoot Americans! In-game ofcourse. Hearing someone yell "Medic!" is just more satisfying than "af;asdifjlfjeu" or something else I can't understand.
Change it to "English V.O. only" in the options. Then everyone speaks instant "Movie English."  Just like your finer Bond or War pictures.
PunkX
stoned
+198|6658|Canada
Make <3 not war!
DoubleDose
+4|6604

MuseSeeker wrote:

shoot more americans, warp her mind.
lol, though heating up a knife on the stove and then touching her with a different, cold knife is actually much more effective with the warping.

Note: Totally freaking kidding!   Just watched Jarhead last night.  Let me know if you (as in the reader "you", not you as in MuseSeeker) do this IRL.  I need to get my IRL pistol badge and am looking for willing victims.  :-)  Can't revive on demand tho cuz I don't want EA to reset my online stats.

slicknic wrote:

at least shes patriotic =], maybe just switch to american?  altho hopefully she wont grow up hating chinese cuz of this =x
With that reasoning, I can teach her to h8 arabs by killing them on Karkand...yeessss...I think you have something there...good work!
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6744|Charlie One Alpha

MaddOps wrote:

LaidBackNinja wrote:

Change it to "English V.O. only" in the options. Then everyone speaks instant "Movie English."  Just like your finer Bond or War pictures.
Yeah I know but that's even worse because then I can't tell whether one of our guys needs a medic or one of theirs. Same with "fire in the whole" and everything.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6823|Singapore

lawl
smtt686
this is the best we can do?
+95|6666|USA

DoubleDose wrote:

So my wife REALLY hates bf2, but my 6 y/o daughter thinks it's pretty cool so the other day I was playing PLA on Wake and she was watching me snipe a couple of Marines at a base.  At first she was just wanting to shoot the guns and watch stuff blow up, but after a couple of times of getting run over by a Hummer because i was standing out in the open firing into the air I decided to do a little exterminating.  Now I think kids these days KNOW the difference between shooting virtual people and real people (no need to flame, I can just mention this theory to my wife and she'll light into me like no other and please, you don't EVEN compare to the flaming my wife can give...among other things) and so i was letting her watch me snipe a couple of pesky vermin when she figured out that I was actually shooting at Americans.  The verbalization of her thoughts was priceless though:

"Hey look at those guys they have a flag above them."
"Hey that flag looks like the Texas flag."
"Hey that flag IS the American flag!"

DoubleDose [M95] someUSMCdude

"Hey you shot that guy."
"That guy is an American...hey you shot an American.  Daddy!  Why are you shooting Americans?  Stop shooting the Americans!  You're an American! Why are you shooting the Americans?!  Stop shooting, Daddy stop shooting!" 

Basically she was calling me a traitor to my country.  Now she was laughing the entire time she was yelling this, so don't get all Oprah on me but it was funnier than hell and I had to eventually stop becuase she kept hitting me and pulling my hand off the mouse.  Plus I saw this episode on Oprah where kids were playing violent video games and...

Kids...they're kinda funny sometimes.
thats just friggin funny...i can see my kids doing the same thing
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6872
She has a few steps up on many of the people who post here.
Vintageologist
Tankbuster
+31|6793|Vienna, Austria

LaidBackNinja wrote:

MaddOps wrote:

LaidBackNinja wrote:

Yeah I know but that's even worse because then I can't tell whether one of our guys needs a medic or one of theirs. Same with "fire in the whole" and everything.
Dude, that was what really pissed me off when I first got the game... I just couldn't play MEC or China cause my teammates were speaking crap languages (the MEC more than the Chinese actually) that annoyed the hell out of me... hmm but yea, you get used to it... although I still get a bit more 'patriotic' when I play USMC... and I'm not even American... but I guess they stand for the Western world for me... I have serious issues. lol
1NfE5T
I'll sleep when i'm dead
+11|6752|Houston,Texas
Fuck Oprah!!! She Is Fake And Worthless!
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6595

Horseman 77 wrote:

Lets recruit her into tribe 2. Get her a screen name and lets rock!
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6785|Chicago.

Horseman 77 wrote:

QFE. lol
|60|Cobalt
Terror in the Skies
+30|6787|Leipzig/Germany
hehe, nice story
+1 for that
TurDlich
Recovering Karkand Addict
+8|6688|Bottom of the bowl

Vintageologist wrote:

LaidBackNinja wrote:

MaddOps wrote:

Dude, that was what really pissed me off when I first got the game... I just couldn't play MEC or China cause my teammates were speaking crap languages (the MEC more than the Chinese actually) that annoyed the hell out of me... hmm but yea, you get used to it... although I still get a bit more 'patriotic' when I play USMC... and I'm not even American... but I guess they stand for the Western world for me... I have serious issues. lol
GGz for reviving a thread from 3 months ago.
USAFDude_1988
Will fly for food.
+120|6543|Daytona Beach, FL
Lmao

TurDlich wrote:

GGz for reviving a thread from 3 months ago.

Last edited by USAFDude_1988 (2006-08-02 16:19:25)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard