Poll

Should EA/Dice add more Splash Damage to the Blackhawk Mini-guns?

1) Yes86%86% - 441
1) No13%13% - 68
Total: 509
soadlink
+2|6727
If they changed this, would this stop you from stad padding under the boat at Wake Island Lt.Victim?

Last edited by soadlink (2006-08-02 03:13:07)

Vintageologist
Tankbuster
+31|6764|Vienna, Austria
I just wanted to say that the transport chopper issue is being adressed by DICE afaik.
lobo76
+2|6716
sure, they should un-nerf the minigun... but ONE sraw hit should bring to red and exploding. afterall, if u guys tok about how powerful the minigun in REAL LIFE is, in REAL LIFE, i'd think one antitank rounnd ought to bring it down. i am not toking about SAM, which maybe more flak than REAL armor penetrating antitank round...
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6679|Colorado
I guess they should do something about it, but I kinda like having my own transport chopper all the time since no one uses them, its great on ghost town when spec-ops or just trying to cap a flag without climbing stairs.
pwned7
+53|6585
the black hawk were sooo much fun to use when they were powerful... i rekn do it again cause now all they are used for is transport, and it would add a whole old dimension to the game, blackhawking but if they do this, the must make the PLA and MEC chopper much more powerful to match the blackhawk. 100% yes
SargeJp
+87|6756|Canada
un-nerf it EA
Blind.mole
+2|6540|Riga/Latvia

deadawakeing wrote:

Definitely 1)  In mashtuur you would have hordes of people running to the chopper which was good because in that chopper there will be so much teamwork. You would have a medic pilot,2 gunners either ammo/medic, an engineer possibly two and you would own the fuck out of everyone. Man was that fun and only just the gunners who got points but the whole dam chopper was swimming in a pool of points because of all the teamwork so I say bring it back!
And you call THAT teamwork???
On the topic, yes BH needs SOME more firepower, coz sometimes it takes more than 3 hits to kill a guy... crazy!
Windrider_Melb
Pwned so often there's an IPO.
+29|6511|Melbourne, Australia
Look, if you fix the M134s on the Blackhawk you'll have to fix all the other screwed-up weapons.

I mean, a 9mm pistol has a lower muzzle energy than a 9mm SMG firing the same military issue 9mm Parabellum round but in BF2 the pistol does more damage.
A 7.62Nato round in an M24 or L96A1 does almost THREE times the damage as the very same round in a G3. Despite the muzzle energies being the same.
And in the sniper rifles the 7.62 rounds do the same damage as a freaking .50BMG round, which has FIVE times the muzzle energy and a shitload more mass. The .50BMG fired from an M95 Barrett or an M82 Barrett (which was semi-auto) can pass through the engine block of a car for heavens sake.

The whole damage system is farked.

The way to fix the weapons on the choppers is this:
- Give the 50 cal machineguns splash damage. Seriously, they are underpowered. They are low rate of fire but high energy/damage rounds. Even ricochets and debris from bullet impact are going to do pistol-level damage to bystanders.
Give the 7.62 miniguns (M134s) their real Rate of Fire (6,000-10,000rpm IIRC), make them less accurate and give them the same per bullet damage as a G3.

So:
M134: Low damage + Very High RoF + less accurate = Much suppression.
50cal: High damage + Low RoF + splash damage = Much suppression.

And area suppression, not accurate and selective killing, is what helicopter doorguns are actually there for.

\\'

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard