=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6835

Typhino wrote:

I use it quite a bit, look at my stats sig (it will be engineer btw sometimes) but i do get easy kills with it, jus ask for a supply drop at the 1st flag and you will own the match, i Do .

But there are times where it hits them right at their feet but they do not die, yet u will get a damage assist!!!

But i mean some people are now calling it the "nob tube" jus becoz they get killed by it!!!

About 3 people ended up changing to assault becoz of wot i was doing on karkand, but not many more were using it!!!

If it gets you the points, i see no prblem with using it!!!
it's "noob cannon"
and go ahead and be the noob that you are and use it.
it's just complete BS. all you little noob cannon users do is walk around and see somebody two inches from you and blast them. it's so lame.
Using bullets gets you the points too, jackass.

I had this fag one time in a knife fight kil me with the noob cannon because he couldn't knife me and I got too close to him and he got scared.

if they took the m203,gp-30, and whatever the chinese one is called  out of the game, I bet you would have one horrible KDR.. oh wait.. you already do have a horrible KDR. AND  YOU USE THE NOOB CANNON! what a freakin noob.

if I had a server I wouldn't allow the noob cannon. I'd make it like Ghetto Berlin on BF1942 and have 0 explosives. I garuntee you would only see skilled players in there.

Oh, and when I'm on Karkand, no other weapon touches me. it's always the freakin 203/gp-30. ALWAYS. I may get killed long range from sniper or killed by vehicles.. but as for on foot. hardly ever does it say "AK101" or "ak74U" or whatever.

Last edited by =[4th]=SlayThem (2005-08-20 10:45:45)

blue60007
+0|6845
Yeah it seems some people can only score points by blasting people point blank range. As I said in my assault kit guide: If you are shot at with bullets, answer with bullets. Same thing goes for knives, if someone comes at you with a knife, pull out your knife. Or if you see a knife duel going on, let them go, don't shoot the other guy, if the friendly in the duel dies, then you can shoot the other guy (or go after him with a knife).
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6835

blue60007 wrote:

Yeah it seems some people can only score points by blasting people point blank range. As I said in my assault kit guide: If you are shot at with bullets, answer with bullets. Same thing goes for knives, if someone comes at you with a knife, pull out your knife. Or if you see a knife duel going on, let them go, don't shoot the other guy, if the friendly in the duel dies, then you can shoot the other guy (or go after him with a knife).
Yeah. but I like when people fire at me with guns when I try knifing them.. so then I can scream "PWNED" over and over and over again when I kill them.
but getting blasted by a noob cannon when I try knifing them is pathetic.

Last edited by =[4th]=SlayThem (2005-08-20 11:24:26)

priznat
+0|6849
um, SlayThem, you seem to be taking this game a little TOO seriously.. Lighten up dude!
[PoA]GonJii
+0|6826
Grenade launcher is over powered But hell, you can only squeeze off 1 shot every 10 seconds or so, so it balances out.

I also think the blast radius should be increased to about a 6 foot circumfrance. (Also sharpel physics should be implied)
Double-0-Kills
+1|6844
Alright - here's the deal - it's a skill - just like sniping a head shot is - they're one shot kills, and it's not the easiest thing in the world to do - my cuz can't shoot them for crap.  I've spent a pretty decent amount of time as assault, but I've been honing my skill w/ the launcher.  You have to be able to adjust for distance - speed of the target - direction of the target - and then there's the always popular - am I gonna die if I shoot this and miss
mort4u
Artillery catcher
+5|6840|Munich, Germany
to GonJii:
if they do that maps like karkand would be an only fragfest. everybody would run around with the launcher and just blast away even if they would set a minimum distance for the 203/GP-30 to explode.
in AA it was ook cause u only had 1-2 203´s depending on the team size, i havent heard theres a restriction for it in BF2.
just make it a distance weapon cause normally on  the average noob disance it would kill the shooter 2.

@ Double-0-Kills:
nobody is talking about distance shots, they are perfectly fine and the main idea of that gun. longer distance takes some practice and hitting dead on then is just like a headshot with the sniperr
we talk about the guys using it for close combat wich is BS. it shouldnt be to hard to make an arming distance of 25ft/meters whatever. would get them thinking when to pull it out and the close encounters wouldnt be so easy (thats why its called noob-tube ). its just like quake3 in the moment.

and like i said before jsut a small step towards rocket jumps and railguns.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6835

priznat wrote:

um, SlayThem, you seem to be taking this game a little TOO seriously.. Lighten up dude!
No...
MardukeV
+0|6838|Washington, DC

priznat wrote:

Rakasan wrote:

All I know is that an M203 round shouldn't activate until 15-40 meters in flight in real life.
That would make a lot of sense and improve things, especially the "blast person in the face when you come around the corner" move

Of course, even the inactive grenade would do some damage if you fired it into someone point blank..
and thats how it is in real life and in AA...the round not activating until a certain distance

btw, someone said something about a shrapnel effect or a bigger blast radius...AA 203s and GP-30s will blast the shit out of anything within 8 ft of the impact...and damage is delt up to about 15 ft...

id say AA has mastered the blast radius

Last edited by MardukeV (2005-08-21 15:33:30)

priznat
+0|6849

MardukeV wrote:

priznat wrote:

Rakasan wrote:

All I know is that an M203 round shouldn't activate until 15-40 meters in flight in real life.
That would make a lot of sense and improve things, especially the "blast person in the face when you come around the corner" move

Of course, even the inactive grenade would do some damage if you fired it into someone point blank..
and thats how it is in real life...the round not activating until a certain distance
Yes, but inactive or not, a 40mm projectile to the face is probably gonna kill you.. No splash damage at least!

What would be really cool is if the 40mm launcher could have different rounds, they have shotgun and flechette ones among others (white phosphorus etc).

Oh mah, WP would be classic, hit some guy with it and he runs around burning up.. Perhaps the medic could also have a bucket of water for just such emergencies
MardukeV
+0|6838|Washington, DC
pegging ppl with a 203 takes some true skill but would be hilarious, esp with a flare projectile
priznat
+0|6849
I do totally agree though, taking out the activating the grenade for some distance would really cut down on the spammers.. If you did hit someone dead on with the projectile having it damage/kill them would be fine.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6835
considering  in BF2 one shot of anything(except for sniper rifles and tanks and so on) to the face doesn't kill in one shot. I'm gonna say:
if they did have the activating distance, the inactive round should only hurt you a little bit.
I mean if it takes 3 pistol shots(sometimes more) to the head to kill it should take atleast 2 oe 3 inactive m203s to kill.
Krauser98
Extra Green Please!
+53|6831|USA! USA! USA!

Rakasan wrote:

IRL I don't think it is based on distance, but rotations of the round.  Of course if your a math whiz or you shoot one a lot you can translate that into a distance.  (i.e. 4 rotations = 15 meters or something)  I know the 40mm that come out of a Mk-19 are rotation based and if you skim one off the side of a building it just turns into a 40mm bullet that might explode at some undetermined date.

mikeshw wrote:

check this out:

http://www.armystudyguide.com/m203/studyguide.htm

it says the 203 has a 150m maximum effective range on a target. wonder if the boys in EA got this figured out.
If you read the guide (which is another awesome site and if you are studying for the board you should check it out) it says that is the max effictive range to a point target.  The max to an area target is 350 meters and the overall max is 400.  Also the kill radius is 5 meters. 

For those of you who don't speak Army, what that means is on average people can hit a person (point target) up to 150 meters or a tank, vehicle, or building (area target) at up to 350 meters, and the round will not fly any farther than 400 meters under normal conditions.  If you were very well trained it is possible that you could hit your man every time at 400 meters... if you were very well trained.

Last edited by Krauser98 (2005-08-21 19:39:49)

lowyaukee
+2|6836
Just a few tips for a grenade launcher user:

1.  Practise a lot.  Otherwise, your shots will never kill anyone.
2.  Don't use it in a crowded map.  Team kills cost you a lot.
3.  Don't shoot at close range unless you want to get the purple heart medal.
4.  After you fire a grenade, press 3 immediately.  Only reload your grenade launcher after you have cleared the obstacles.
5.  In some occasions, G3 (the upgraded version of Assault) is much useful because you may have to throw grenades, e.g. enemies on the tops of buildings at Mastuur City.

Cheers.
mort4u
Artillery catcher
+5|6840|Munich, Germany

lowyaukee wrote:

Just a few tips for a grenade launcher user:

3.  Don't shoot at close range unless you want to get the purple heart medal.

Cheers.
since it seems u havent read the previous posts i inform u we were actually disussing that a lot of ppl are using the 203 mainly for close range combat and in our opinion its a cheap method.
so its commonly called the n00b-tube now cause my grandma could kill ppl with it.
im still not really trained in using it since i mostly take the G3 cause its more powerful and very accurate. im only switching to the 203/gp-30 if i know i have masses of enemys bunched around 1 flag and can suppress/wound/kill a lot of them there.

solution would be to imokement an arming range/rotation(not calculated in game but RL) before its armed and on close range it would only inflict minor damage.

Last edited by mort4u (2005-08-22 02:46:12)

Double-0-Kills
+1|6844
I don't have a problem with close combat - just make the blast radius larger so that it kills them too - that way they have to do it from a farther distance - I should be able to shoot a wall on the other side of the street - or, maybe even the center of the street and not get killed - though maybe I would be hurt from middle of street - That might make it too powerfull though - a distance initialization would be good as long as it wasn't too far.
lowyaukee
+2|6836
I am not sure whether firing a grenade launcher at a close range is so called cheap.  Well, If I do that to you, yes, I'm sorry, you are killed.  But I have to wait for 15 seconds as well.

As far as it is within the rules of the game, I think it is fair.  Putting C4 in a jeep and jump off before crashing into a tank, flying a helicopter solo and crashing into a fully loaded blackhawk, flying a fully loaded blackhawk and capturing flags.  All these are allowed under the present rules of the game.  So, I don't think that these methods are cheap.  Though, I don't like them either.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6835

lowyaukee wrote:

I am not sure whether firing a grenade launcher at a close range is so called cheap.  Well, If I do that to you, yes, I'm sorry, you are killed.  But I have to wait for 15 seconds as well.

As far as it is within the rules of the game, I think it is fair.  Putting C4 in a jeep and jump off before crashing into a tank, flying a helicopter solo and crashing into a fully loaded blackhawk, flying a fully loaded blackhawk and capturing flags.  All these are allowed under the present rules of the game.  So, I don't think that these methods are cheap.  Though, I don't like them either.
This is true. but those things you mentioned aren't as popular as the Noob cannon. all of those (besides maybe hte carbomb) take some sort of skill. the noob cannon at close ranges takes 0 skill.
lowyaukee
+2|6836

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

lowyaukee wrote:

This is true. but those things you mentioned aren't as popular as the Noob cannon. all of those (besides maybe hte carbomb) take some sort of skill. the noob cannon at close ranges takes 0 skill.
HA~ I tried once... the car bomb.  But I could not manage to jump out before it crashed, or not to die before I could press the button.  HA!!!
[-DER-]Omega
+188|6828|Lithuania
I only use the nade launcher if Im out of ammo or find myself reloading my primary gun in the middle of a firefight. Also works wonders versus jeeps and other small vehicles.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/fe717ed1eb823c939460a42f15bced7dd0057c51.png
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6839
In the very odd occurance that I play assult, I have no problems at all using the n00b tube to off a bunny hopper.  I find the poeticness of it to be relaxing.
Krauser98
Extra Green Please!
+53|6831|USA! USA! USA!

Burning_Monkey wrote:

In the very odd occurance that I play assult, I have no problems at all using the n00b tube to off a bunny hopper.  I find the poeticness of it to be relaxing.
Then they can jump really high!
.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6831
I love maps full of grenade launcher fools, I jump, they miss, they get auto-shotgunnings to the face.
Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6808|Orlando, FL - Age 43

bluehavoc8686 wrote:

Seems like most of you haven't had much success either with the nade launchers, but despite that, I think that I get killed by them (on foot) more than any other weapon.

It's the biggest noob gun in the game. And to make things worse, some of these bastards out there are so expert with it that they deliver precision hits every time.

Trying to get my knife badge, I come at this guy with my knife swinging and what does he do? He blasts a M203 round at my feet. Seems like a lot of the new players out there are total pussies. No honor anymore it seems. Woopie, you can rack up kills with it, but you have 1 badge in 40 hrs of play. Good job f_cko!
I must be your worst nightmare then! :)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard