Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6686|Canberra, AUS

Tyferra wrote:

Spark wrote:

jord wrote:

To keep with the times i'd suggest a starter of bird flu,a main course of aids and i nice dessert of maleria.
Nah. Too fast.

How about genetically-modified, extra-slow, extra painful Ebola or Marburg?
I'm thinking a mutant strand of Smallpox. That'd be pretty bad.
As long as its extra-slow and extra painful.

How about a virus that eats you slowly inside out for a week or so? And you're paralysed but fully conscious. That's what I'm thinking
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Cyberwolf
Banned
+14|6703

Locoloki wrote:

you do know tax dollars go to feeding inmates.... Kill em!!!!!!!! ...... wrap there bodies in wet rawhide.... when the hide dry's it will squeeze them out like a tube of toothpaste
and do YOU know that on average is costs the state more to execute one person, than imprison him for life? Silly ignorant people.
jord
+2,382|6689|The North, beyond the wall.

Cyberwolf wrote:

Locoloki wrote:

you do know tax dollars go to feeding inmates.... Kill em!!!!!!!! ...... wrap there bodies in wet rawhide.... when the hide dry's it will squeeze them out like a tube of toothpaste
and do YOU know that on average is costs the state more to execute one person, than imprison him for life? Silly ignorant people.
But it could cost less.Alls you need is a knife.The legal contracts for execution should be cheaper with a new law.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6821|Nårvei

Give such people to the predators in the zoo alive so they can sharpen their skills !

Truly sick and this is categorized as an illness ?  .... this is why capital punishment was invented even though they didn`t know it at the time.
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Rygar
Canucklehead
+69|6657|Nova Scotia
Article.

So the story is, for those that don't want to read the article, one of the country's (Canada) most notorious child molestors and perverts with a history of offense and reoffense shortly after each prison stint, is released from prison in 2005 with a "100% chance to reoffend".  Now with two young boys missing he is wanted again, and all but confirmed guilty.

If capital punishment is not an option, what can be done?  Obviously permanent incarceration is an option, but that ends up falling on the taxpayers.   Lobotomy? Shock collar/chip? Replace his genitals with a tube?
Varegg has a point from a certain perspective - this guy has the potential ability to hide behind the mental illness argument too.
Anyway, with a tagline like "100% chance to reoffend" the guy should never have been allowed to walk free into a neighbourhood anywhere, but was.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6540|Global Command
I favor erection of a massive industrial meat grinder that these kinds of people can be slowly fed into.
jonsimon
+224|6506
I like the irony. Some of you have presented punishments as sick as what he did to that girl. Way to go guys.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6540|Global Command
Meat grinder sick?
I can think of a lot worse.
I have two small children; if I ever got my hands on one of these monsters I would pull out some of my power tools, you know, angle grinder, hole saws and acids, power drills and hammers and get truely horrific with them.
     And I would sleep just fine after doing that.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6707|NJ
Well in Cases like his the population of the prison will take care of the problem and from my understanding they don't let them go peacefully.

Where the hell were the parent? Letting a 10 year old girl walk around unsupervised is stupid as hell, he's disgusting but you have got to watch your children.
teehee1988
+5|6649|Birmingham, UK
that's horrible
doesn't condone capitol punishment though
my main reason im against it is innocent people are convicted, and then you end up murdering an innocent person. So it isn't great. Also a crime like this will never be detterred by capitol punishment, the person would have done it whatever. So i just dont think it would be a good response. Whereas life imprisionment could inflict a lot more discomfort on the person and punishment.
Possum61
+9|6759|Philly PA USA

CC-Marley wrote:

Get the gasoline...I got the match.
Roger that..... But buring him alive would be to good for him
USAFDude_1988
Will fly for food.
+120|6520|Daytona Beach, FL
I don't support capital punishment.. why?

It's NOT because I believe a life sentence is the "humane" way of punishing criminals. I do NOT think the death penalty is "cruel and unusual punishment." I believe that a life sentence is a harsher punishment. I think that bastard should receive a little hell on Earth to give him a taste of what lies beyond death. It also gives him a chance to ask for forgiveness.

You wanna know what my kind of justice system is? Let them victim's family do whatever they want with this piece of shit. (Of course that would be considered cruel and unusual.. lol.. but I'm willing to look the other way.)

Last edited by USAFDude_1988 (2006-08-01 14:30:18)

PuckMercury
6 x 9 = 42
+298|6538|Portland, OR USA
why the hell is everyone so concerned about the criminal in this?  Just remove them from society, they're clearly not worth any effort to maintain their existence.  To focus on taking your 10 pounds out of them is to focus on the punishment as a means of "revenge" which is quite less "civilized" than concerning yourself with how society is then best served by their continued existence/non existence.

This thread seems eerily familiar ...
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6560|Southeastern USA
I have said it a few times on here, hanging is a lost art
AD_Kensan
+7|6796

PuckMercury wrote:

why the hell is everyone so concerned about the criminal in this?
Because as of today the justice system is not perfect and errors are made. How many innocent people get locked away or even put to death for crimes they never did? The problem that I have with capital punishment is that inocent do get killed by the state. I don't think that even one such "wasted" life could be considered "statistical noise" or something like that since we are talking about human life.
sidious1
+15|6553
Back in Medieval days they would hang a criminal upside down, naked,  with their legs spread. They would then take one of them saws, the kind where two people use it....one on each side, and begin at the genitals and slowly cut the person in two. Now the reason why they are upside down is that all the blood would flow to the heart and the brain, thus keeping them alive a lot longer. Man, they had good torture methods back then. Sick but good.

Last edited by sidious1 (2006-08-01 20:04:08)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6783|PNW

They should blindfold him, hang him upside down, and give him to the victim's family to use as a piñata.
vedds
+52|6766|Christchurch New Zealand
I'm incredibly surprised that the rights of the offender seem to be far more important to a fair proportion of people than the rights of their past/future victims. If someone has a 100% chance of reoffence there is no way they should be released into society, regardless of whether they are mentally ill, just plain bad or any other cause.

Similarly society needs to realise for its own protection that once you violate somone elses rights you lose your own.

Whilst i agree that there can be miscarriages of justice etc. There are many circumstances where guilt is either proven beyond ANY(not just reasonable)  doubt or admitted where the offender is sure to have no future positive contribution to society. Rehabilitation is a weak excuse, it has been show to be demonstrably fallable (Note I'm not implying that people cant rehabilitate) and cannot be applied with a broad brush to all offenders.

Effectively my argument can be surmised that society needs to protect its members from those who are likely to reoffend, and someone who commits that sort of act can never be rehabilitated with any level of surety, therefore society can never be safe if they are released.
Why not institute an option whereby murderers who cold bloodedly plan killings or seek gratification from them are given an option of a poor existence in solitary or their own termination. It protects society from their depredations and prevents the innocent from facing the death penalty.

just some thoughts to chew on
PuckMercury
6 x 9 = 42
+298|6538|Portland, OR USA

AD_Kensan wrote:

PuckMercury wrote:

why the hell is everyone so concerned about the criminal in this?
Because as of today the justice system is not perfect and errors are made. How many innocent people get locked away or even put to death for crimes they never did? The problem that I have with capital punishment is that inocent do get killed by the state. I don't think that even one such "wasted" life could be considered "statistical noise" or something like that since we are talking about human life.
we'll disagree on that point I suppose.  And I say that knowing I could easily be a victim of that "statistical noise."  That being said, those convicted wrongly are rarely entirely innocent in the first place.

Either A) you're religious, the person goes to heaven and is much better off

B) You're not religious, and it probably doesn't much matter in that case.  Though the person no longer has to deal with life and is probably better off.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6572
Here's a thought:

When a child does the wrong thing, why do we punish them?
PRiMACORD
+190|6636|Home of the Escalade Herds

kr@cker wrote:

I have said it a few times on here, hanging is a lost art
Too nice a way to go for a freak like this. This guy needs torture, my only fear is that he would enjoy it.

Feel really bad for the family, maybe in special cases like this they should leave the punishment  options up to the family, torture included. Maybe not but it sounds better then the guying getting a nice painless injection.
AD_Kensan
+7|6796

PuckMercury wrote:

we'll disagree on that point I suppose.  And I say that knowing I could easily be a victim of that "statistical noise."  That being said, those convicted wrongly are rarely entirely innocent in the first place.
Please give sources for this statement to back it up. I won't just take your word for it. Even if they are not "entirely" innocent as you put it it makes a big difference, if for example at a bank robbery you catch the guy shooting the cashier and killing him or the getaway driver. One is a murderer the other is a bank robber and there are different sentences or punishments according to the gravity of the crime. Even you said that they are "rarely innocent" which makes some completely innocent.

Either A) you're religious, the person goes to heaven and is much better off
B) You're not religious, and it probably doesn't much matter in that case.  Though the person no longer has to deal with life and is probably better off.
That is a pretty straight forward statement that is not very objective I think. Why does it not matter much in the case when you are not religious? I thought the USA was a free country and you were free to think whatever you want to. Besides that does not even matter. The fact would still hold that the state would MURDER an innocent citizen it is supposed to protect. Could the family of the person that was innocent but put to death go to court and accuse the state of murder if they have proof that he was innocent?

Last edited by AD_Kensan (2006-08-02 04:39:41)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6783|PNW

Bubbalo wrote:

Here's a thought:

When a child does the wrong thing, why do we punish them?
'26' isn't a child in the human biological sense.
Rygar
Canucklehead
+69|6657|Nova Scotia
Well they got the sicko yesterday evening.  Time to wait and see how many months he gets for, what is this, his 5th offense?
Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman
+183|6602|Scarborough Yorkshire England
Capital punishment should only be used if the suspect has 100% owned up and confessed to the crime.  People like that deserve to die but with out 100% conclusive evidence or confession then death row is not an option.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard