-=NHB=- Bananahands
+58|6528
What has Iran done for its neighbors.

Well they gave missles to Hezbollah for one...........
TeamZephyr
Maintaining My Rage Since 1975
+124|6499|Hillside, Melbourne, Australia

-=NHB=- Bananahands wrote:

Shit all, but I guarantee that they've done less masscreing and invading than the Israelis have.
-=NHB=- Bananahands
+58|6528

TeamZephyr wrote:

Shit all, but I guarantee that they've done less masscreing and invading than the Israelis have.
LOL. I would respond but keep this on topic. Iran has done nothing but cause problems.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6735|Dallas
Ohh christ, not another one of these threads.
TeamZephyr
Maintaining My Rage Since 1975
+124|6499|Hillside, Melbourne, Australia

TeamZephyr wrote:

LOL. I would respond but keep this on topic. Iran has done nothing but cause problems.
Of course, I stated that in my above post. And I am keeping it on topic, its blatantly obvious you've created this thread in response to CameronPoe's "Israeli Kind Heartedness" thread so I think its pretty fair to create a comparison between the two nations.

Iran: 1 conflict to my knowledge, that was the Iran-Iraq war.
Israel: Created to the distaste of the people living in the Palestine Area, evicted over a million Palestinians to refugee camps, occupied parts of Egypt, Palestine, Lebanon, Jordan and Syria, killed arabs. Encouraged islamic terrorism.

And neither are any of these nations under a obligation to do ANYTHING for their neighbours, the only reason Israel does it because it likes to piss off these neighbours.

And don't forget, if it wasnt for the actions of America and Britain, Iran would probably be a democracy today not a theocratic dictatorship
BVC
+325|6666
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internatio … ne_Katrina

Iran
    Offered to send humanitarian aid and 20 million barrels of crude oil.[10][16]

Not really a neighbour but thats one metric fuckload of oil!  About $US1.4billion at today's prices...

Last edited by Pubic (2006-08-01 01:00:13)

DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6602|Finland

Not everything's black and white. There are motives for each action. The motives are formed by the governments and leaders of each nation, and the actions taken are nearly always considered justified by the leaders.
Are the motives the peoples motives or just the leaders? Is the acting nation a democratic country or a dictatorship? This doesn't seem to matter, as actions from both kinds of nations are nowadays condemned by a vast number of people.

Whatever we discuss in "Debate and Serious Talk", let's keep stereotypes out of it.

Last edited by DonFck (2006-08-01 01:08:22)

I need around tree fiddy.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6525

Pubic wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_response_to_Hurricane_Katrina

Iran

Not really a neighbour but thats one metric fuckload of oil!  About $US1.4billion at today's prices...
That is quite kind-hearted. Especially given that the two countries are enemies.
As an American im embarassed about how badly we fucked up Iran. A truly shitty black eye among the worst things weve done in our foreign relations and a prime factor in the fucked situation at hand. Now the right wingers prolly got me labled pinko commie then be confused when i say the best way to set it right is regime change.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6531

Same as Israel (as was mentioned, and supported by US), Iraq (including when it was backed by US), Afghanistan (whose government was assisted in taking power by the US) etc. etc.
-=NHB=- Bananahands
+58|6528

TeamZephyr wrote:

TeamZephyr wrote:

Of course, I stated that in my above post. And I am keeping it on topic, its blatantly obvious you've created this thread in response to CameronPoe's "Israeli Kind Heartedness" thread so I think its pretty fair to create a comparison between the two nations.

Iran: 1 conflict to my knowledge, that was the Iran-Iraq war.
Israel: Created to the distaste of the people living in the Palestine Area, evicted over a million Palestinians to refugee camps, occupied parts of Egypt, Palestine, Lebanon, Jordan and Syria, killed arabs. Encouraged islamic terrorism.

And neither are any of these nations under a obligation to do ANYTHING for their neighbours, the only reason Israel does it because it likes to piss off these neighbours.

And don't forget, if it wasnt for the actions of America and Britain, Iran would probably be a democracy today not a theocratic dictatorship
You forgot to mention that Iran is the one paying Hezbollah and how they fund terrorism in the region.
Israel encourages terror? I think its the opposite. You can argue the same old arguement about how every terrorist they kill creates ten more etc but the fact is that Israel has a right to defend itself and they are going to push Hezbollah back far enough to where they cant launch missles into Israel.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

Pubic wrote:

Iran

Kuwait
    Parliament approved $500 million for aid in oil and other humanitarian aid.

WOW
Xbone Stormsurgezz
jonsimon
+224|6465
Iran can't be held responsible for the regime we forced upon them. Before we removed their leader during the cold war they had been a democratic state for hundreds of years, the only Arab state to exist for so long. Then we fucked them up and turned them against us.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6598|IRELAND

jonsimon wrote:

Iran can't be held responsible for the regime we forced upon them. Before we removed their leader during the cold war they had been a democratic state for hundreds of years, the only Arab state to exist for so long. Then we fucked them up and turned them against us.
"We" were messing with Iraqi long before the cold war. Just before the start of WW1 the British, whose interests in the Persian Gulf and the Tigris-Euphrates region had grown steadily since the late 18th century, who ultimately brought an end to the Ottoman presence in Iraq. In the years just before World War I, the close ties between the governments of the kaiser in Berlin and the Young Turks in Istanbul were particularly troublesome to Great Britain. When Germany was awarded a concession to extend its railway line through Anatolia to Baghdad and acquired mineral rights to the land on both sides of the proposed route, heightened fear of German competition in Iraq and the Persian Gulf evoked strong protests from London. Soon afterward, the Anglo-Persian Oil Company began production on the Iranian side of the gulf, and there were indications that oil might be found elsewhere in the area. In 1912 a group representing British, German, and Dutch interests formed the Turkish Petroleum Company which, on the eve of the war, was given a concession to explore for oil in the vilayets of Mosul and Baghdad. In view of these developments and because they feared that the Ottomans might be persuaded by the Germans to undertake military action against them, the British had already made plans to send an expedition from India to protect their interests in the Persian Gulf before the Ottoman Empire entered the war in early November 1914. After war was declared, a British expeditionary force landed at the head of the gulf and on Nov. 22, 1914, entered Basra. In a campaign aimed at taking Baghdad, the British suffered a defeat at Kut al-'Amarah in April 1916, but a reinforced British army marched into Baghdad on March 11, 1917. An administration staffed largely by British and Indian officials replaced the Ottoman provincial government in occupied Iraq, but Mosul remained in Ottoman hands until after the Armistice of Mudros (Oct. 30, 1918), which brought an end to the war in the Middle East.

Source: http://www.angelfire.com/nt/Gilgamesh/history.html
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6635|NT, like Mick Dundee

JahManRed, ever watched Robert Newman's History of Oil by any chance?
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Let me finish off this thread.

Person 1: Iran is mean and vicious!
Person 2: Israel is worse!
Person 1: Israel doesn't support terrorists!
Person 2: Israelis are terrorists!
Person 1: Are not!
Person 2: Are too!
Loop last two indefinately.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-08-01 08:36:56)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6736|UK
What happened to the one cameron poe made?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

CameronPoe wrote:

Pubic wrote:

Iran

That is quite kind-hearted. Especially given that the two countries are enemies.
I am sure they knew it would not be accepted from them. I am sure it's more political than kind.

Last edited by Kmarion (2006-08-01 10:56:28)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6623

Vilham wrote:

We demand answers!

edit: I was going to start an 'American kind heartedness', will that get deleted too?

Last edited by UnOriginalNuttah (2006-08-01 10:25:48)

rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6530

jonsimon wrote:

What a tard! Every evil in the world is attributed to the US. Thats why your a pussy in a dick and asshole world.
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6623

rawls2 wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

What a tard! Every evil in the world is attributed to the US. Thats why your a pussy in a dick and asshole world.
And statement is why you're an inch and a half from a pussy.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

Vilham wrote:

I don't know I ended up quoting thin air.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
CameronPoe
+2,925|6525

Kmarion wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Pubic wrote:

Iran

I am sure they knew it would not be accepted from them. I am sure it's more political than kind.
The Iranians accepted humanitarian aid from US sources after the Bam earthquake disaster - it was just pride and animosity that made the US refuse the reciprocal overture.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-08-01 12:01:24)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

You really think it was just pride? How does a country classify a nation as a terrorist state and accept "donations" from it. Not too hard to figure out the motives behind it. Iran states that one of the US's allies should be wiped from the planet and then offers charity. I'm sure you can see what's going on there.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6530

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

rawls2 wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

And statement is why you're an inch and a half from a pussy.
Im a dick, not an asshole or a pussy. I fuck pussies and sometimes assholes, but not when they are covered in shit. Most of the people on this forum are a bunch of pussies who side with the assholes and are starting to smell like shit.

Last edited by rawls2 (2006-08-01 12:41:22)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard